You are not logged in.

• Login

Dear visitor, welcome to AION Europe - UK. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "[NICK]hulkthebest" started this thread

Monday, July 15th 2013, 8:55pm

4.0 best weapon combo for templar?

untill now myself and most of the people have used GS for leveling and for doing dps in pvp, but watching all those 4.0 videos seems that mace&shield will be the new way to go for pvp

could u explain me why?

and, does this work for leveling too, or should i stay with GS?

thanks !

• "[NICK]godbehindyou" has been banned

Monday, July 15th 2013, 9:28pm

there will dung 12 ppl, get mystical pve 65 wep
and coins for 2 days get wep 61+ lvl quests

fuse them, will be pretty good weapon)
Cheating corporation is russian population :(

Gameforge's SERVANT 8| buying gold pack only in aion shop.

Once i will own you and show what is it Cleric's power full!
but its already will other history...

When THE God punishes ,he take your brain.

Mirza

Professional

Legion: EliteBrotherHood

Monday, July 15th 2013, 9:42pm

there will dung 12 ppl, get mystical pve 65 wep
and coins for 2 days get wep 61+ lvl quests

fuse them, will be pretty good weapon)

That answer did not make sense at all..
Lvl 60 Templar
- Mirza Knows people, people knows Mirza!

---> Check out my new pvp video vol.2 :-D <----
IN ACTIVE

Tuesday, July 16th 2013, 4:42am

untill now myself and most of the people have used GS for leveling and for doing dps in pvp, but watching all those 4.0 videos seems that mace&shield will be the new way to go for pvp

could u explain me why?

thanks !
This has to do with the following new skill (unlocked at level 63)

"Sword Over Shield" (Skill Book) : You sacrifice some of your health to lower your physical def by 40% for 15 seconds while each attack you deliver will cause 438 extra damage
Cost: 659 HP
CD: 30s cooldown.

Mace/shield or sword/shield has a higher attack speed than greatsword, this means you can weave a whole lot faster. more hits = more times you will get the extra 438 damage effect.

A quick test: 2 Minutes of fighting a dummy

Greatsword 1.5Att speed: 218 hits/2minutes = 27.15 hits/15s 28 -> 28* 438 = 12.264 extra damage
Mace 0.9Att speed: 237 hits/2minutes = 29.625 hits/15s = 30 -> 30* 438 = 13.140 extra damage

It depends on how many times you "hit". As in: Sometimes you hit with your greatsword and do 1 Damage hit in 1 hit, but sometimes you do 3 damage hits in 1 hit
( A: You inflicted 2.000 damage B: You inflicted 2.000 damage + you inflicted 200 damage + you inflicted 200 damage/// A would become 2000+438 = 2438 while B would become 2000+438 + 200+438 + 200+438 = 3276)

This is ofcourse not representative compared to active PvP'ing but it gives you an idea about how effective they are compared to each other.

But this is just speculation. We'll have to wait for 4.0 to hit Eu to find out :)
~Divinelysian~

Content Creator & Moderator of the Aion subforum of Nobodyplaysgames.

If you have any game related questions, send me a message

Legion: eXtinction

Tuesday, July 16th 2013, 5:36am

could u explain me why?

thanks !
This has to do with the following new skill (unlocked at level 63)

"Sword Over Shield" (Skill Book) : You sacrifice some of your health to lower your physical def by 40% for 15 seconds while each attack you deliver will cause 438 extra damage
Cost: 659 HP
CD: 30s cooldown.

Mace/shield or sword/shield has a higher attack speed than greatsword, this means you can weave a whole lot faster. more hits = more times you will get the extra 438 damage effect.

A quick test: 2 Minutes of fighting a dummy

Greatsword 1.5Att speed: 218 hits/2minutes = 27.15 hits/15s 28 -> 28* 438 = 12.264 extra damage
Mace 0.9Att speed: 237 hits/2minutes = 29.625 hits/15s = 30 -> 30* 438 = 13.140 extra damage

It depends on how many times you "hit". As in: Sometimes you hit with your greatsword and do 1 Damage hit in 1 hit, but sometimes you do 3 damage hits in 1 hit
( A: You inflicted 2.000 damage B: You inflicted 2.000 damage + you inflicted 200 damage + you inflicted 200 damage/// A would become 2000+438 = 2438 while B would become 2000+438 + 200+438 + 200+438 = 3276)

This is ofcourse not representative compared to active PvP'ing but it gives you an idea about how effective they are compared to each other.

But this is just speculation. We'll have to wait for 4.0 to hit Eu to find out :)

Hows that skill working actually? I've heard that it consumes your HP every hit you do while that "Power Reroute" is activated but then again Im not sure about it. Is the HP "payment" everytime you hit or only when you activate the skill?
Thanks.

Tuesday, July 16th 2013, 10:17am

it cost u hp only to use it 659 is total hp u will lose. However -40% p def decrease is bad agents melee classes. mostly kr ppl use it agents magic classes or when they have immobilized enemy melee class whit doomlure chain.

[NICK]yori

Intermediate

Tuesday, July 16th 2013, 4:31pm

kinda worth loose pdef when u hit like a truck and abuse bloody strike (?). why we should care about some pdef loss while gladds loose same with berserking ? our defence should be kinda insane with top tier armors and emp armor on so meh that pdef loss.
twitch.tv/conrroe streaming every evening

Tuesday, July 16th 2013, 4:40pm

kinda worth loose pdef when u hit like a truck and abuse bloody strike (?). why we should care about some pdef loss while gladds loose same with berserking ? our defence should be kinda insane with top tier armors and emp armor on so meh that pdef loss.

Been watching pvp vids and this one templar is owning like holy nyerk... but he never uses the skill :/
~Divinelysian~

Content Creator & Moderator of the Aion subforum of Nobodyplaysgames.

If you have any game related questions, send me a message