You are not logged in.

• Login

Dear visitor, welcome to AION Europe - UK. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, March 3rd 2012, 1:13pm

Staff Equip Skill ???

Hy, I'm new to Aion...I'm a Gladiator at lvl 15 and have a weapon (Karmic Staff) that I can't use because it requires the "Staff Equip Skill"...can someone explain to me exactly what I need to do or which is the skill I need to buy? I searched on google a lot but I couldn't find an answer :(

Thanks

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "[NICK]pesso" (Mar 3rd 2012, 1:27pm)

Saturday, March 3rd 2012, 2:03pm

Staff is a weapon for chanters and cleric class so u cant learn weapon skill for it,but gladiator can use most of the other weapons in game bows, one handed weapons,greatswords,spears,shields.So u cant use staffs,spellbooks and orbs.Gladiator is also able to dualwield one handed weapons if u equip skill for it press K in game to get to skills tab u will see all skills u can learn all the way to lvl 55 hope this helps.

Also i recommend using spears or greatswords since u can then fully benefit from your class skills.

Saturday, March 3rd 2012, 4:14pm

you sure I can't use it?

But what weapon do you suggest me to have as a lvl 15 Gladiator? I currently have a +1 Karmic Spear which is slow as hell but the damage is good. I think it performs better then a sword (with speed 1.4) even though it's slow....

about skills, I have no idea whats with the Passive Tab and no idea how to upgrade skills. I just bought some from the merchant...

Saturday, March 3rd 2012, 4:34pm

Use spears or greatswords. Spears have high damage but slow attack speed ( 2.8 ), while greatswords have lower damage but higher attack speed (2.4)
Nexus/Asmo/Assassin/Shota

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Shotus" (Mar 4th 2012, 9:02am)

Legion: VeniVidiVici

Saturday, March 3rd 2012, 10:47pm

Yeah, just stay away from staffs, if your class cannot use it means its not good for you. ;)
____disturbed,_nexus__
______cleric___
_______________________ :cursing:

Tuesday, March 6th 2012, 8:48am

how about polearms? where do they fit between spears and greatswords :)
Spatalos - Asmodian
Anuhart - Elyos
~~~ RAWR~~~~ M0000~~~~

KageYaiba

Intermediate

Legion: ModsHazDaPowahPewPew

Tuesday, March 6th 2012, 10:46am

Polearms = Spears
If you wonder why did mods delete/edit your post or taken action against you, you'll most likely find the answer here >>> AION Community Guidelines :grumble:

Nex

Tuesday, March 6th 2012, 4:25pm

Gladiators can use the following weapons
1 Handed Sword
2 Handed Sword
Daggers
Bow's
Spear(Polearm)
Mace's

Weapons that Gladiator can't use
Tome/Orb ---->Sorcerer/Summoner exclusive
Staff ----> Cleric/Chanter Exclusive
There is a painfully noticeable difference between having a dream and a dream having you.

Legion: lionhearts

Saturday, March 10th 2012, 9:33pm

Gladiators can use the following weapons
1 Handed Sword
2 Handed Sword
Daggers
Bow's
Spear(Polearm)
Mace's

Weapons that Gladiator can't use
Tome/Orb ---->Sorcerer/Summoner exclusive
Staff ----> Cleric/Chanter Exclusive
you forgot shield too.

ty menaleth for the neat siggy :)

Saturday, March 10th 2012, 10:09pm

I dont know much about endgame gladiatoring exept for 55 dual can be pretty good. Till then you mainy use eighter polearm or greatsword. A mental note that might be worth taking is polearm in general will hit harder then greatsword, while greatsword will hit whit more accuracy.

Legion: lionhearts

Sunday, March 11th 2012, 3:33pm

I dont know much about endgame gladiatoring exept for 55 dual can be pretty good. Till then you mainy use eighter polearm or greatsword. A mental note that might be worth taking is polearm in general will hit harder then greatsword, while greatsword will hit whit more accuracy.
No. Dual wield is more good for trying to keep agro as the single target dps burst is good for pve, but for pvp, most of the dual wield skills are a no go and not worth investing the extra stigma slot just for advanced dualwielding capable.
A lot of dual wield stigma skills are dependant on a succesful parry, and besides of the 10 minute cooldown skill "wall of steel", parrying is almost non-existant, as almost all physical damage dealing classes have got plenty accuracy. And parry is like evasion: capped at 30% success rate anyway.

Also in order to advance in the dual wield stigma tree, you are required to fit in the most useless of all stigma's for gladi: dauntless spirit, which is nothing more then a free anti-shock scroll with a longer CD.

Whirling strike looks nice at first as it lets you jump towards a target, but is buggy as hell.
Basically the only valuable skill from dual wielding is Sharp strike, as it is indeed from the dual wielding tree, but can also be used when using other weapons and have no other prerequisite stigma's needed except from dual wielding itself. So its an extra every 12 seconds dps-hit. Mainly for pve single target agro keeping.

ty menaleth for the neat siggy :)

Monday, March 12th 2012, 11:23am

sharp strike even fits in a pole pvp build. anyways use dual-wield in pve @ high-end gear, pole for pvp. leave the crappy greatswords for templars :> as long as you're not 55 in decent gear stick to pole

Monday, March 12th 2012, 2:26pm

And parry is like evasion: capped at 30% success rate anyway.

40%, not 30.

leave the crappy greatswords for templars :>

actually greatswords are better suited against physical classes, because they got better atk speed/parry/accuracy compared to polearms.

you can play fine with both anyway, as long as u know how to manage skill's rotations.

»» For any question, use the [Search Function] before starting a new thread ««
»» In case of in-game problems, contact the Customer Support: http://support.aionfreetoplay.com ««

Tuesday, March 13th 2012, 9:46am

Can't believe that there are actually gladdies running around with Greatswords. pretty phail.

use polearm in PVP

in later stages get dual whielding and mace/sword for PVE

Legion: FLOUTSOS

Wednesday, March 14th 2012, 1:58pm

Polearms ftw. greatswords might seem good but in fact they aint. Glad needs Burst. Glad needs Crit. If a cleric,sorc,sm escapes your Ankle Snare,Aerial Lockdown due to little dmg during ur combo... Q.Q All the other classes are manageable in PvP... for these 3 classes and only i would for Pole only. As for Duals. they are funny in PvE. U will find yourself keeping aggro over other heavier dps classes due to maintained crit dmg, in PvP unless u got 2 good extendable Duals. forget it.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "[NICK]naimar21" (Mar 14th 2012, 2:03pm)

Legion: Alis Dei

Tuesday, March 27th 2012, 1:12pm

about skills, I have no idea whats with the Passive Tab and no idea how to upgrade skills. I just bought some from the merchant...
The only way to gain skills is to... buy all of them from merchant ;)
At your level you do it in Lyceum (in Sanctum of course). Later you must go to the Artisan's hall. There is a lift in the middle. You have to go up there, and buy your skills from warrior trainer.
And from lv 50 (51?) to 55 to must go to Cloister of Kaisinel. In Sanctum there is an NPC who teleports you to different places in Elysea. In front of him there are stairs and on the left side there's a yellow statue which teleports you to cloister or academy ;)
Active skills are the one which you drag to your skill bar to use them later in fights ;)
Passive skills show you for example what your character is able to do. Which weapon you can use, what type of armor you can wear etc. You can also buy them from your trainer, that's the only way to upgrade them.

Tuesday, March 27th 2012, 5:37pm

actually greatswords are better suited against physical classes, because they got better atk speed/parry/accuracy compared to polearms.

you can play fine with both anyway, as long as u know how to manage skill's rotations.

but pole have better chance for random KD then GS(thats how is designed that game), thats why pole is for glads and designed only for glads