You are not logged in.

• Login

Dear visitor, welcome to AION Europe - UK. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "[NICK]spiritofchaos" started this thread

Monday, April 2nd 2012, 5:44am

Dual Wield discussion

Dual Wield discussion

Dagger + Mace
Mace + Dagger
Mace + Mace
mace + Sword
Sword + Sword
Dagger + Dagger
dagger + Sword.

wish one and why , what are your dps whit ur combination , do you weave or just hit in auto attack.

:cookieshugo:

Monday, April 2nd 2012, 1:07pm

either 2x ddg mace or sword+dagger. auto attack only

Monday, April 2nd 2012, 2:07pm

dagger in the main hand, then mace in the offhand.
that way you'll get 1 hit from dagger + eventually another 3 hits with the mace with autoattacks.
the dagger will boost both your atk speed and the chances of critical hits, while the mace will increase the critical damage dealt with the secondary hits.

this is the basic setting for DW.
do keep in mind that in this case, the mace should have physical bonuses rather than magic ones, like the graceful mace, dragon deity general, bollvig's, etc.
that's mainly for a major physical damage output.

other builds are mace+mace, but that's usually only used by people with 2 maces for mages, with m.boost bonuses, along with damage godstones, because the godstone itself apparently gets a damage boost via m.boost.
you'll get slower atk speed thou, but the lost atk speed in theory should be balanced with the 3 main extra hits + godstones proc.

along with the chanter DP skill, you may get even higher dps compared to dagger+mace.

anyhow, if you don't have 2 magic maces with 2 damage godstone, just use dagger+mace as it's the best combo so far.

every other combination will just give you less dps overall.
if you can't afford to get a dagger+mace set, you may try with dagger+sword meanwhile.

»» For any question, use the [Search Function] before starting a new thread ««
»» In case of in-game problems, contact the Customer Support: http://support.aionfreetoplay.com ««

Martin

Beginner

Monday, April 2nd 2012, 2:12pm

either 2x ddg mace or sword+dagger. auto attack only
NO, this is just for some crazy God stone build. Boring. Try if you'd like but bleh. Theory is that the dual maces boost your Godstone proc. with all the MB on them. And I don't care if it works or not... just plain boring.

However, DW is lotsa fun if done right.

I'd say go Dagger/Mace

From a dagger you get the High crit, high speed and high crit modifier.

From the mace you get MB for silly God stones. as well as straight up dmg and what seems to be a higher interrupt chance on crits.

So basicly best of both worlds.

Keep in mind that only the main-hand crit is counted. This also means, that if your main-hand crits, so will your off-hand.

D/S might be viable. With this you get your speed down as low as you can get it from weapon types alone. so
D/D is just silly.
S/S dunno, seems silly. But haven't tried it. More of a jack of all traits, master of none kind of thing.
S/D is just uncool to even suggest ....

Just remember never to miss a weave, cause something like 50% of your dmg will come from weaving.

Hope it helps. :)

Edit: Drakoken beat me to it ><! Just throwing in that GS is not proven to proc on the extra hits from multi hit weapons. and those extra hits hit for about 10% of the main hit. Just some "facts" from hitting to many dummys, and watching youtube vid's of others hitting dummies. ><
Somebody reported my signature for being offensive.
~And that's OK, I won't judge you. I'm far too busy... being delicious! ^^'~

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Martin" (Apr 2nd 2012, 2:19pm)

Legion: lionhearts

Tuesday, April 3rd 2012, 12:55am

you guys should also better start with giving explanations of how to weave with dual wield. So many times ive seen ppl trying dual wield without even one normal hit in between the skills. Kinda hurts my eyes to see that. I'm to lazy to type now :)

ty menaleth for the neat siggy :)

Tuesday, April 3rd 2012, 1:04pm

get polearm is better
This post has already been reported.

Sunday, April 8th 2012, 6:02pm

go for two 55eternal balic mace, put dmg godstones and use only attack manastones! then HF with your DPS ;)
Yes, I know that my English is weak, but I'm working on it. ;-)

Monday, April 9th 2012, 4:31pm

Since DW is for PvE anyway, I think it's best to get a set. Like all instance onehanders in DP / UT / LUT / BT have set effect if you get 2 matching ones. Which means for max effect you either need dagger/dagger or sword/sword.

Tuesday, April 10th 2012, 8:10am

2x DragonDeityGenerals Mace ála master Deliquent

...On more serious note, either Dagger/Mace or Sword/Sword.
(or D/S if you're lucky enough to get Taha's)

Thursday, April 12th 2012, 4:37am

doing it right ?

what godstone put now , and what godstone put on krom dagger?

Thursday, April 12th 2012, 5:03pm

Dagger has attack speed?...if not i think hammer would be better in the main hand even if you lose 90 crit or so...jsut an opinion or jsut find a dagger with atatck speed....(that looks like a kromede dagger that has no attack speed soit might be lower speed then hammer)

Monday, April 16th 2012, 4:10pm

think don´t had difference or does.

far i know one need had speed.

if mace have speed its fine.

Monday, April 16th 2012, 4:34pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKEeIptF9SA

This is mace/mace.... missed lot of weaving but was also using cleric on my laptop

best way for me is mace/mace

tried also ec dagger/balic mace but lot worse than mace/mace, tested with rainmeter

dagger in main hand wil not use the magic boost of the mace for the GS so pointless use mace as offhand, reversing this you will use magic boost for the GS in mainhand but you will have like 300 attack to offhand with 0.1 attack speed faster than mace/mace

Remember for trigger GS that mace is 3 strike, double mace is 6 total strike, dagger mace is 4 strike in total

using chanter,wow and double dp+zerg you will have more than 12k on a 2 minutes dps with new dmg ratio

Monday, April 16th 2012, 6:09pm

sounds good , maybe i try get kromede mace and test it.
my char wont be more than 40 , wish be a rifting char.

if i like i put at other gladi mira mace + some kind of mace.

Tuesday, April 17th 2012, 4:35pm

think don´t had difference or does.

far i know one need had speed.

if mace have speed its fine.
The attack sped weapon need to be in mian hand to get the bonus speed if it not in mian hand then you wont get the bonus speed.

Tuesday, April 17th 2012, 7:27pm

This thread is full of fail.

Tuesday, April 17th 2012, 11:38pm

This thread is full of fail.
yep...even your nick is full of fail....^_^

[NICK]dtune

Intermediate

Legion: Warten

Thursday, April 19th 2012, 12:52am

"gladiiator" talking crap, been running flarestorms dagger mainhand / azure scale sword offhand for quite some time. Gonna try dual maces in 3.0 Not gonna spend money on 55 gear now, +10 sin weps is good enough :D

Thursday, April 19th 2012, 11:39am

"gladiiator" talking crap, been running flarestorms dagger mainhand / azure scale sword offhand for quite some time. Gonna try dual maces in 3.0 Not gonna spend money on 55 gear now, +10 sin weps is good enough :D
DW at lower lvls is a fail and i can prove it wiht my second glad that is lvl 42 no DW can out dps my pole..... :thumbsup:

[NICK]dtune

Intermediate

Legion: Warten

Thursday, April 19th 2012, 1:59pm

I was referring to your statement that attack speed weapon needs t be in main-hand. Your mouth should shut up and give your arse a chance :D

And considering this statement was wrong i'd put money on the fact you're wrong about L42 dw vs pole as well :)