You are not logged in.

• Login

Dear visitor, welcome to AION Europe - UK. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, April 26th 2012, 11:00am

Gladiator-PVP build

hey all!
i have lvl 17 gladiator and i want to make him a PVP badass!
someone can give me the skills i need to be the perfect pvp glad?
and stigmas?
btw what are those stigmas? lol
TY!

Thursday, April 26th 2012, 12:05pm

Stigmas - Ankle Snare; Berserking I; CripplingCut; Draining Blow; Lockdown; Second Wind; Slaughter; Tendon Slice; Unwavering Devotation; Absorbing Fury; Earthquake Wave. About the last stigma some ppl use Howl, some ppl use DW; some ppl use piercing rupture.... and you will get first stigma slots at lvl 20...and about pvp dont think you will have any till lvl 46+

[NICK]skoobydop

Intermediate

Friday, April 27th 2012, 2:05pm

Stigmas - Ankle Snare; Berserking I; CripplingCut; Draining Blow; Lockdown; Second Wind; Slaughter; Tendon Slice; Unwavering Devotation; Absorbing Fury; Earthquake Wave. About the last stigma some ppl use Howl, some ppl use DW; some ppl use piercing rupture.... and you will get first stigma slots at lvl 20...and about pvp dont think you will have any till lvl 46+

+1

i use same build and i can say i am fucking killing machine :D
One Day Solo PvP in Gelkmaros

I AM BACK, my acc got stolen,Skoobydoo in elyos side ITS NOT ME !!!
lv 15 asmo ranger atm - Skoobydoolol :P

[NICK]lala1

Intermediate

Legion: Bum Cheeks.

Friday, April 27th 2012, 4:10pm

Any need for the F word ?
A wise man gets more use from his enemies than a fool from his friends.
—Baltasar Gracian

[NICK]hashi

Beginner

Legion: Violet Vision

Friday, April 27th 2012, 4:16pm

Any need for the F word ?

nope
*transform* + higher level then the average Asmo = killing machine , otherwise you'll be just snared and dealt with from a distance.

But still a solid build, yup i also used it when i had my gladdy.
Violet Vision - Centurion ||| -- lvl 52- Templar

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "[NICK]hashi" (Apr 27th 2012, 4:24pm)

Legion: Old School

Saturday, April 28th 2012, 2:17am

Why people don't go for the full Sure Strike chain? and then for the 3 free slots use : unwavering devotion, second wind and slaughter/howl just askin' ... :P

Waiting for the end to come...

[NICK]skoobydop

Intermediate

Saturday, April 28th 2012, 9:46am

Why people don't go for the full Sure Strike chain? and then for the 3 free slots use : unwavering devotion, second wind and slaughter/howl just askin' ... :P

my opinion...casting skills on gladiator= fail.also you need to remove 2 of your healing skills and 1 aoe slow to get Sure Strike.just not worth it.

Legion: Old School

Saturday, April 28th 2012, 2:24pm

can this be considered a perfect stigma build for pure pvp? and also 1v1

Waiting for the end to come...

[NICK]earfart

Professional

Legion: Amaranthe

Saturday, April 28th 2012, 2:43pm

I really dislike having earthquake wave and ankle snare. I prefer to have whirling and sharp strike. I have more dps like that. EQ and AS get resisted anyways end-game. I removed Crippling cut for Vengeful which does the same dmg except that you need parries instead of KD (which is really easy with decent parry). I swapped tendon for whirling since tendon is pottable in the first place (if it doesn't get resisted)
Derpatron, anuhart

[NICK]skoobydop

Intermediate

Sunday, April 29th 2012, 12:13pm

i buy whirling since yesterday and try it. most fail stigma in whole gladiator build.take 2 sec till you dahs and you dont dash on your target, you dash on his location the moment you use the skill so till you dash he is 10-15m away.uselesss stigma and i just waste 101k ap for this i am so mad.

[NICK]earfart

Professional

Sunday, April 29th 2012, 12:55pm

i buy whirling since yesterday and try it. most fail stigma in whole gladiator build.take 2 sec till you dahs and you dont dash on your target, you dash on his location the moment you use the skill so till you dash he is 10-15m away.uselesss stigma and i just waste 101k ap for this i am so mad.

You just don't know how to use it...
Derpatron, anuhart

Sunday, April 29th 2012, 1:02pm

I really dislike having earthquake wave and ankle snare. I prefer to have whirling and sharp strike. I have more dps like that. EQ and AS get resisted anyways end-game. I removed Crippling cut for Vengeful which does the same dmg except that you need parries instead of KD (which is really easy with decent parry). I swapped tendon for whirling since tendon is pottable in the first place (if it doesn't get resisted)
Not having Ankle Snare means you can forget about pvp. Also EQ slows down nicely and works as another DOT, if you rely on just more damaging skills then you will fail at PvP. Versus smart enemy you have to put enough dots to either root or silence proc him so that he can't cure them.

[NICK]skoobydop

Intermediate

Sunday, April 29th 2012, 1:10pm

You just don't know how to use it...

what you mean i dont know how to use it?i did 20 duels vs sorc and every single time when i use it sorc is far away till my gladiator dash,so its not realy good for 1v1.but i try it in dredgion just 5 mins ago and yes its help alot in group pvp.our first target get raped before he even understand whats going on.
about AS this work only vs low geared people and you can kill low people even w/o AS. VS well geared AS resist most of the time so it's useless.also almost every class have some skill to remove it.

[NICK]earfart

Professional

Sunday, April 29th 2012, 3:26pm

Not having Ankle Snare means you can forget about pvp. Also EQ slows down nicely and works as another DOT, if you rely on just more damaging skills then you will fail at PvP. Versus smart enemy you have to put enough dots to either root or silence proc him so that he can't cure them.

Good luck hitting Ankle Snare and Earthquake wave on players with 1600+ MR (which they have by default in ET gear). With an eternal pole I have exactly 1400 MA with slaughter. Regarding vengeful strike.. Get more Parry, I have a decent amount WITHOUT socketing parry stones. I really love it since you have a small chance to reduce dmg and trigger a nice skill. With around 2k Parry I see it pop up at decent rates in PvP, not to mention that on KD targets I prefer using draining blow, the leap and final strike so I hardly have time for crippling.

I hardly ever use whirling to get to someone. It's too slow for that. I usually use it to burst down a shield since it has very high damage. Critting 4k in pvp with that aint hard ;)
Derpatron, anuhart

Legion: lionhearts

Monday, April 30th 2012, 5:32am

Good luck hitting Ankle Snare and Earthquake wave on players with 1600+ MR (which they have by default in ET gear). With an eternal pole I have exactly 1400 MA with slaughter. Regarding vengeful strike.. Get more Parry, I have a decent amount WITHOUT socketing parry stones. I really love it since you have a small chance to reduce dmg and trigger a nice skill. With around 2k Parry I see it pop up at decent rates in PvP, not to mention that on KD targets I prefer using draining blow, the leap and final strike so I hardly have time for crippling.

I hardly ever use whirling to get to someone. It's too slow for that. I usually use it to burst down a shield since it has very high damage. Critting 4k in pvp with that aint hard ;)

sorry but vengeful strike is a waste of a stigma. why would you, if you are going partially dual wield build, go for a damage stigma that is completely uncontrolable of when to use it? Parry is the most overrated stat and vs another good melee you will barely have it, unless with wall of steel. If you include dw into your pvp build, just go for sharp strike. Fast and hard hit, usable every 12 seconds and doable ON THE MOVE. Perfect for movable weaving damage and guaranteed usable. Vengeful strike has got a cd of 30 seconds and only hits a tiny bit harder than sharp strike. and oh yeah, wall of steel itself only last 30 seconds too, so in that entire time of 11 parries, you would still only be able to hit it once. I mean, with vengeful strike you literally have to wait till rng -proc (luck) gives you a parry and then you can use it. I dont know about you, but when i add damage skills i like to be able to use them whenever i like.

Why would you also use whirling slice to try catch someone off guard, when you can do the same with a well-timed charge?+ whirling slice hitting 4k is a wee bit of an overestimate lol. unless its with zerking and 4k/2kdp stacked on a guy with pve armor and no pvp defense.

and no, 1600 mres is not a standard for every eternal armor class.

Anyway atm i use 2 different stigma builds in pvp, in which i variate sometimes:

- Beserking, lockdown, crippling cut, earthquake, piercing rupture (for asmo glad a MUST to have)s, slaughter, unwavering devotion, tendon slice, ankle snare, second wind, absorbing fury. Earthquake and ankle snare have met sometimes their matches in mres sets yes, but are still solid as pvp moves. on earthquake the slow might resist yes, but its still aoe damage and still has a chance to proc KD on multiple targets around you. Ankle snare has still got a somewhat decent chance of landing and you can also uset in the middle of a combo instead of while chasing. Lets say you are in a clutch fight with someone, and he comes to the point where he would need to start kiting you. You throw in the ankle snare and lets see how fast he is with removing it with his class skills AND taking damage from you at the same time. That alone can cause ppl to panic. Also, ankle snare can also be your ticket out of a situation which is a wee bit too hairy. 4vs1 and you want to get out, snare the closest one chasing you. Do not forget that when AS resists, its not only because of mres sets, its also that you use it when ppl EXPECT you to use it and have their skills or their evades/illusions ready for it. Another good idea to work with AS would be to hit tendon slice first, and you will see that a lot of ppl still make the mistake to use their skills on that, so you can trap them with nothing left later on in the fight with the AS. The key is trying to be unpredictable with your trapping skills.

- Beserking, lockdown, crippling cut, advanced dual wielding, sharp strike, slaughter, piercing rupture, second wind, absorbing fury, tendon slice, unwavering. I like this build the most for in cdg's. Yes you lack ankle snare trapping but in cdg's your role isnt cc in the first place. You will most likely have others in your team that will do that for you. and the sharp strike, with piercing, tendon and some good weaving skills, is excellent for a good burst damage. + you can flip over to dual wield weapons for fast surkana nuking.

ty menaleth for the neat siggy :)

This post has been edited 6 times, last edit by "[NICK]boterbloempje" (Apr 30th 2012, 11:49am)

Legion: lionhearts

Monday, April 30th 2012, 8:13am

because in the same time you have finished your casting time on those skills, the other guy has already dps'd you and interrupted you for more then the damage you would do with those skills. + its too easy to avoid for anyone that has game sound on. You just hear the cast, just step a bit out of the way, and your cast is interrupted.

ty menaleth for the neat siggy :)

Monday, April 30th 2012, 12:03pm

very good topic and very good answers .. but actually im still new here so i will wait till lvl 55 and see how it works
because i dont know why you say the build is to use alll these stigmas and you only have 5 slots !
do you change stigmas while pvp :D
btw im sure there is miss understanding .. but very happy with your answers ..

Regards
Nexus - Asmodea
Avengery / Glad
:cursing:

Wednesday, May 2nd 2012, 12:12pm

very good topic and very good answers .. but actually im still new here so i will wait till lvl 55 and see how it works
because i dont know why you say the build is to use alll these stigmas and you only have 5 slots !

Regards
You have stigma and greater stigma slots; the stigma slots get available as you lvl up, the greater stigma slots start at lv 46, up until lvl 55 and you need to do quests to unlock them.

In the end, at lvl 55, you will have 6 stigma slots and 5 greater stigma slots.

You can remove and equip any stigma stone at any time, just visit a stigma master.

Wednesday, May 2nd 2012, 9:53pm

Regards
You have stigma and greater stigma slots; the stigma slots get available as you lvl up, the greater stigma slots start at lv 46, up until lvl 55 and you need to do quests to unlock them.

In the end, at lvl 55, you will have 6 stigma slots and 5 greater stigma slots.

You can remove and equip any stigma stone at any time, just visit a stigma master.
thanks a lot :thumbsup:
Nexus - Asmodea
Avengery / Glad
:cursing: