You are not logged in.

• Login

Dear visitor, welcome to AION Europe - UK. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "[NICK]mrgrimz" started this thread

Friday, May 25th 2012, 7:15pm

Gladiator stigma build

http://www.aiondatabase.com/stigmaplaner…0:2040:245:2025

is this solid? i was thinking eather draining blow or earthquacke wave

please explain when u say this or that is better

Saturday, May 26th 2012, 6:15pm

The build is solid, Gladi is a really easy class to build stigmas for. I plan to use the exact same build when I hit 55(currently 52). Personally I'll be keeping Draining Blow because it comes in extremely useful when you need to heal yourself for alot of HP.

I'm assuming you are Asmo, if so then it is perfect, if you are Elyos then you need to switch out Piercing Rupture I(I'll be using Earthquake Wake instead) and you will be set.

Legion: lionhearts

Sunday, May 27th 2012, 5:09am

The build is solid, Gladi is a really easy class to build stigmas for. I plan to use the exact same build when I hit 55(currently 52). Personally I'll be keeping Draining Blow because it comes in extremely useful when you need to heal yourself for alot of HP.

I'm assuming you are Asmo, if so then it is perfect, if you are Elyos then you need to switch out Piercing Rupture I(I'll be using Earthquake Wake instead) and you will be set.

if you are elyos you dont even get piercing rupture.

But there are already so much topics on stigma builds for gladi, why start another one?

ty menaleth for the neat siggy :)

Sunday, May 27th 2012, 9:06am

if you are elyos you dont even get piercing rupture.

But there are already so much topics on stigma builds for gladi, why start another one?
Guess you missed the part where I said you need to switch it out? Maybe because you can't use it? lol.

Monday, May 28th 2012, 9:07am

Why do you still trying to figure it out best stigma build?! When 3.0 comes out everything will change, new skills which many of them are stigma skills - which are definitely better and will require stigma slot, just put something for now which you think is good and play. When 3.0 comes out you'll change it - be sure!

Monday, May 28th 2012, 11:46am

Why do you still trying to figure it out best stigma build?! When 3.0 comes out everything will change, new skills which many of them are stigma skills - which are definitely better and will require stigma slot, just put something for now which you think is good and play. When 3.0 comes out you'll change it - be sure!
I did looked at the new skills and didnt seen better anywhere .... we can say Better fro sorcere but for glad not...+ our UD get nerfed.

[NICK]skoobydop

Intermediate

Monday, May 28th 2012, 12:56pm

3.0 stigma builds for gladiator are almost the same mate.
also people ask for stigma build because 3.0 is not coming any time soon on GF.
One Day Solo PvP in Gelkmaros

I AM BACK, my acc got stolen,Skoobydoo in elyos side ITS NOT ME !!!
lv 15 asmo ranger atm - Skoobydoolol :P

Monday, May 28th 2012, 11:56pm

I did looked at the new skills and didnt seen better anywhere .... we can say Better fro sorcere but for glad not...+ our UD get nerfed.

biggest difference is the lvl 60 pve self heals aoe and that's about it.
+ yeah UD gets nerfed which is kinda unacceptable.

Tuesday, May 29th 2012, 11:59am

look at the bright side, UD will have about 80% rate of resist and 20% rate where you are allowed to use Ferocity :P ...just keybind Remove Shock and spam spam for it :)
Elementor - Sorcerer lvl 60 - Nexus
Skanderbeg - Gladiator lvl 50 - Nexus

Tuesday, May 29th 2012, 9:35pm

look at the bright side, UD will have about 80% rate of resist and 20% rate where you are allowed to use Ferocity :P ...just keybind Remove Shock and spam spam for it :)

Sorry, not really positive. Get stunned more vs ranged classes also. They'll just kite it off. Expect remove shock to be on constant CD without any real results. + dont forget chanters get a new debuff to even more lower UD.

Thursday, June 14th 2012, 10:00am

Ty Mrgrim!!

Thursday, June 14th 2012, 7:03pm

Sorry, not really positive. Get stunned more vs ranged classes also. They'll just kite it off. Expect remove shock to be on constant CD without any real results. + dont forget chanters get a new debuff to even more lower UD.

actually, UD isn't 100% safe. not at all, at last.

it doesn't save you 100% of the times against passive stumbles, nor against other specific altered status.
it increases the chances to resist some altered status, but it doesn't make you totally invulnerable to them.

nerfing it by 200 points will simply increase the trigger rate of RS, wich might be as positive as negative at the same time depending on the situation.
so far the only classes that can stun-lock are mostly assassins and chanters, every other class has quite enough cooldowns on those kind of skills.

not to mention that usually a 1vs1 between full geared players doesn't last more than 20-30 seconds at max, even less when it comes to group/mass pvp battles, so go figure.

at last people now will start to think about how/when to use RS properly, instead of just spamming it at the first chance when something goes throu UD.

»» For any question, use the [Search Function] before starting a new thread ««
»» In case of in-game problems, contact the Customer Support: http://support.aionfreetoplay.com ««

[NICK]stdrake

Intermediate

Thursday, June 14th 2012, 7:48pm

UD and other stun scrolls wont help you that much against rangers, or even sins, especialy if they got gs implemented
There stun rate is hilaryous, you will only win against them if they are low geared
If they got full pvp set arena-e50, its all gone:))
"I will not stop until I become the best gladiator!:D "
Server: Nexus
IGN: Sino
Race: Elyos
Class: Gladiator
Ocupation: Smaking asmos

Friday, June 15th 2012, 7:16am

actually, UD isn't 100% safe. not at all, at last.

it doesn't save you 100% of the times against passive stumbles, nor against other specific altered status.
it increases the chances to resist some altered status, but it doesn't make you totally invulnerable to them.

nerfing it by 200 points will simply increase the trigger rate of RS, wich might be as positive as negative at the same time depending on the situation.
so far the only classes that can stun-lock are mostly assassins and chanters, every other class has quite enough cooldowns on those kind of skills.

not to mention that usually a 1vs1 between full geared players doesn't last more than 20-30 seconds at max, even less when it comes to group/mass pvp battles, so go figure.

at last people now will start to think about how/when to use RS properly, instead of just spamming it at the first chance when something goes throu UD.
Did you meet a ranger that can 3-4 shoot you? You think vs a uber geared ranger you have to think when you gonna use RS when UD fails cause it fails now dont even whant to think how much of a fail will be with 200 nerfing (Curios how can you kill a ranger that has mau form + speed o f the wind = max speed and shoots 1-2 arrows then get to 25 and shoots 1-2 arrow back to 25 m?....you swich to bow and pray miabe your dps gets better? Anckle snare has a 50% of landing and if it lands usualy ranger use the sleep trap)... think i might rerol other class bcz glad slowly becomes the stupid class of aion. This days even a templar has the ability to 5 shoot a glad.... X( Not to mention yesterday in dred a sorc did 1 skill on me and i was left with out 9920hp

This post has been edited 6 times, last edit by "[NICK]gladiiator" (Jun 15th 2012, 7:26am)

Friday, June 15th 2012, 4:17pm

Did you meet a ranger that can 3-4 shoot you? You think vs a uber geared ranger you have to think when you gonna use RS when UD fails cause it fails now dont even whant to think how much of a fail will be with 200 nerfing (Curios how can you kill a ranger that has mau form + speed o f the wind = max speed and shoots 1-2 arrows then get to 25 and shoots 1-2 arrow back to 25 m?....you swich to bow and pray miabe your dps gets better? Anckle snare has a 50% of landing and if it lands usualy ranger use the sleep trap)... think i might rerol other class bcz glad slowly becomes the stupid class of aion. This days even a templar has the ability to 5 shoot a glad.... X( Not to mention yesterday in dred a sorc did 1 skill on me and i was left with out 9920hp

if you can't kill someone in less than 20 seconds, it's either because you're not geared enough, or you're doing something wrong.
RNG has a role as well, but it's always secondary.

in the case of rangers, you have dash for 10 seconds to counter their slow along with strenghten wings that lower the chances by 50% to get snared/slowed, you have a slow skill as well, another slow skill gained via stigma and 2 snares always gained via stigma.
WoS gives you the ability to parry 12 attacks for 30 seconds, so the burst damage of rangers gets almost lowered by half when you use that, not to mention the other 500 strike fortitude of 2nd wind wich lowers their critical damage as well.

also, i don't think anyone is forced to use the chain skill via remove shock everytime there's a chance.
many people instead of spamming the counter skills prefer to keep RS up in order to get out of stun-lock situations and heal themselves in critical situations.

right now UD + RS gives 2k resist, so with 1.8k resist in 3.0 it will still be a chance of 180% to resist some altered status, wich is still quite high.
if you think about the common time spent by doing a battle, it's more than enough to keep going and get a kill.
in 3.0 you won't even need to pot silence in order to use RS, so you'll have another chance to save healing potions for other debuffs.

so far the only classes that i find quite hard to kill are only spiritmasters, clerics and eventually chanters if they're played very well, everything else isn't a big deal, but that's probably just me.

»» In case of in-game problems, contact the Customer Support: http://support.aionfreetoplay.com ««

Saturday, June 16th 2012, 9:21am

Le me enlight you a little bit ..is not about the slow at ranger is about the 30% scrool speed +the speed from mau + the speed from "speed of wind"= the rangers speed is caped he dont need to slow me bcz im slow enough to kite me 1 min and half and if i use CHarge = the rangers speed with all that bufs on him ...seriosly how much you played this game? and dont talk again about the ankle snare cause 50% of the time doesnt land and if it lands i get the sleep trap from ranger and the other one is potable so there isnt 20 sec anywhere...you should go and try duel some top rangers (not some crappy arena geared noobs) that know what to do to a glad and u will seee that you are useles...i had in arena lots of rangers i pew pew all of them. Why?...bcz they just stoped and dps me..simply ...and till now i lost 1 arena vs a ranger and the helll how i lsot it i couldnt kill him not even once in there bcz he just used the brain and knew to coute everyting i had...like when i used bersek he sleeped me the he used sand trap +poison trap+he used some another debuf skill on me an dwhen i poted the sand trap was still on me...and stranghten wiings is good to get out of snare the next snare alwways land on you like 80% of the time + th hole arena i had 1kockdown on him and that one he go trown at wtf900m away from me ...so in the start of arena i start with ud on and bersek + charge he snared me i used streghten wings+WOS he sleeped me put me the sand+poison and some debuf skill i pot the 2 and i had 30 sec cd on pot and left with sand on my eyes i tryed to hit him but he stood there in front of me and dps dow trough the wall of steel and killed me and him dodging all my skills then next fight was obvius no ud no streghten wings no bersek no nothing. And he had the hole arena the freking mau form and from time to time the speed of th wind.
So yeah you kill a noob ranger in 5 sec but a ranger can make a glad useles if playes with some brains....same with sorc he doesn needs some brain Boq and wtf dont move stay in one place put the 10 min cd banana shield up flame fusion silence glacial shar + inferno some other skill and glad is dead, sm imposible to kill a geared and skiled one, templar another stupid classs that can do more pvp damage this days then a glad and i have played all clasees i have 6 chars that are lvl 55 and there are all 55 ethernal pvp geared 30 elite pvp geared 40 elite pvp geared non has pve gear and now my 7th one is a templar so i played this game and i had lots of pvp i this is my conclusion that i got in 2+ years.
You whant to know on which posion is glad atm?
5.Glad
6.Cleric
7.Sin
8.Chanter

1,2,3 and 4 doesnt matter anymore.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "[NICK]gladiiator" (Jun 16th 2012, 9:51am)

Saturday, June 16th 2012, 2:12pm

Le me enlight you a little bit ..is not about the slow at ranger is about the 30% scrool speed +the speed from mau + the speed from "speed of wind"= the rangers speed is caped he dont need to slow me bcz im slow enough to kite me 1 min and half and if i use CHarge = the rangers speed with all that bufs on him ...seriosly how much you played this game? and dont talk again about the ankle snare cause 50% of the time doesnt land and if it lands i get the sleep trap from ranger and the other one is potable so there isnt 20 sec anywhere...you should go and try duel some top rangers (not some crappy arena geared noobs) that know what to do to a glad and u will seee that you are useles...i had in arena lots of rangers i pew pew all of them. Why?...bcz they just stoped and dps me..simply ...and till now i lost 1 arena vs a ranger and the helll how i lsot it i couldnt kill him not even once in there bcz he just used the brain and knew to coute everyting i had...like when i used bersek he sleeped me the he used sand trap +poison trap+he used some another debuf skill on me an dwhen i poted the sand trap was still on me...and stranghten wiings is good to get out of snare the next snare alwways land on you like 80% of the time + th hole arena i had 1kockdown on him and that one he go trown at wtf900m away from me ...so in the start of arena i start with ud on and bersek + charge he snared me i used streghten wings+WOS he sleeped me put me the sand+poison and some debuf skill i pot the 2 and i had 30 sec cd on pot and left with sand on my eyes i tryed to hit him but he stood there in front of me and dps dow trough the wall of steel and killed me and him dodging all my skills then next fight was obvius no ud no streghten wings no bersek no nothing. And he had the hole arena the freking mau form and from time to time the speed of th wind.

as i already said before, if you can't kill someone in less than 20 seconds, it's because you're either not geared properly, or you're doing something wrong.

not to mention that running straight to a ranger in full buff+mau form while you have activated berserking is just like shouting "hey you! yes, you! burst me down asap! hurry!"
decent rangers got also 2,3k evasion by default, so lowering your p.def by 50% and your chances to hit them by 20% ain't always the best choice.
if they keep running while trying to kite you down, you can either try to close the range with snares and slows, or switch to the bow.
that way you also have a chance to stun them by passive chance, and eventually slow/root them if you got a godstone on the bow as well.

you always have a chance to close the range anyway.

So yeah you kill a noob ranger in 5 sec but a ranger can make a glad useles if playes with some brains....same with sorc he doesn needs some brain Boq and wtf dont move stay in one place put the 10 min cd banana shield up flame fusion silence glacial shar + inferno some other skill and glad is dead, sm imposible to kill a geared and skiled one, templar another stupid classs that can do more pvp damage this days then a glad and i have played all clasees i have 6 chars that are lvl 55 and there are all 55 ethernal pvp geared 30 elite pvp geared 40 elite pvp geared non has pve gear and now my 7th one is a templar so i played this game and i had lots of pvp i this is my conclusion that i got in 2+ years.
You whant to know on which posion is glad atm?
5.Glad
6.Cleric
7.Sin
8.Chanter

1,2,3 and 4 doesnt matter anymore.

judging by your reply, maybe you should indeed think about switching to some other class that suits your gameplay more.
gladiators are quite easy to learn, but not so easy to master as it seems.

i've been playing for more than a year btw, but time means nothing in the long run. it only shows how much have you played, it doesn't show how much have you learned while playing a class.
experience comes mainly from mistakes and training. i've seen many full-geared gladiators bursting down other classes within 7-8 seconds, plate users included.
if they can do it and you don't, perhaps you should gear up a bit more and/or change tactics within your gameplay, because so far i haven't seen anyone else complaining so much about rangers while being a gladiator.

i'd rather complain about spiritmasters, wich can pretty much fear-lock anything, keep you binded and remove your buffs( wich is so lame i can't even describe it ), instead of rangers.

is it also true that some classes *cough*casters*cough* are quite OP when it comes to CCs and DP skills, and that's why we got new stats and some skill changed in 3.0: getting things a bit more balanced than before.

enough with the off-topic anyway, if you want to talk about specific situations you can open a new thread and continue there.

Saturday, June 16th 2012, 2:19pm

You just avoid the inevitable...What you do if you get sleeped then rangers put you sand trap+poison+some other poison,slow skill and wehen u use healing pot u remove 2 alterated states and remian with sand ?....You kite ranger?????
What you do if you in arena and u meet the ranger that has mau form +speed of wind+30% scrool you kite him till his mau and wind of speed get of..that is around 2 min....

Quoted

Drakoken
"not to mention that running straight to a ranger in full buff+mau form while you have activated berserking is just like shouting "hey you! yes, you! burst me down asap! hurry!""
And like I said i lost 1 arena vs a ranger ....that mean im not doing wrong that ranger proved me if the class is played right you cant beat them. And if you so good go make some pvp vids defeating Simca, Allota some of the top rangers in perento not some nooobs

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "[NICK]gladiiator" (Jun 16th 2012, 2:33pm)

Saturday, June 16th 2012, 3:06pm

You just avoid the inevitable...What you do if you get sleeped then rangers put you sand trap+poison+some other poison,slow skill and wehen u use healing pot u remove 2 alterated states and remian with sand ?....You kite ranger?????
What you do if you in arena and u meet the ranger that has mau form +speed of wind+30% scrool you kite him till his mau and wind of speed get of..that is around 2 min....

that's pretty much situational.
even their skills can fail, but rng aside you also gotta get a good timing with ghp in order to not waste them.
also, being blinded doesn't necessary mean you can't hit the enemy.
most of your hits won't land for sure, but when you run around with 2,5k+ accuracy there's always a chance to go throu blind and hit the enemy.

anyway, if you feel gladiators doesn't suit your gameplay anymore, you can always reroll. simple as that.

Quoted

Drakoken
"not to mention that running straight to a ranger in full buff+mau form while you have activated berserking is just like shouting "hey you! yes, you! burst me down asap! hurry!""
And like I said i lost 1 arena vs a ranger ....that mean im not doing wrong that ranger proved me if the class is played right you cant beat them. And if you so good go make some pvp vids defeating Simca, Allota some of the top rangers in perento not some nooobs

actually any class can beat anything else with the right set, the right manastones build and a decent stigma build.

most of the videos around on the net of ANY class are mostly about ganking undergeared players and/or mass pvp battles.
it is quite rare to see a good fight between equal geared/skilled players, so your point ain't valid at all because there will be always someone with better gear or more skilled than you/me/anybody else, wich will use the full potential of the current class he/she's using, be it a mage, a scout, a healer or a tank.

no more offtopic now.

Saturday, June 16th 2012, 4:16pm

Gladi was my 1st 55 and I have to say, in arena the only classes you ever have trouble with is usually SMs(Because like 99.9% of them fearlock u instantly) and Sorc(CC > Nuke > CC > etc). Ranger is not really hard at all, the only time Ranger is annoying is when it is flying area, man I hate these areas. :P

Edit: Btw I didn't mean to offtopic, I just never reloaded after reading the page <.<