You are not logged in.

• Login

Dear visitor, welcome to AION Europe - UK. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "[NICK]xblackhealx" started this thread

Legion: NEWORDER

Thursday, April 11th 2013, 7:05pm

Lv 60 PvP Chanter help

Hello everybody! :)
Can I got some information about the build system for a 60 lvl PvP Chanter ?
I mean the Stat and the manastones which and how to use it ?
With the manastones i have the right 800+ crit what shoud i need to attach to it ? What do you think ? Macc or Acc? or Attack ?
And sorry, my english knowledge is dont wery well ><
Thank you the help.
:rolleyes:
Blackheal

| Blackheal/Windspell | Chanter/Bard | 65/65 | N E W O R D E R
| Anuhart |

Legion: Alis Dei

Thursday, April 11th 2013, 8:15pm

Stack crit until you get to 605 without buffs and mantras. Added with your crit scroll, mantras and food, you should get enough CritStrike. Then simply stack Macc for the other slots. Don't waste Attack on your gear when you could get it by simply enchanting your weapon.
Telemachus 52 sin
Telemachus 44 ranger
Spatalos 60 Chanter

• "[NICK]chantra" has been banned

Legion: Kinks

Thursday, April 11th 2013, 9:04pm

I've seen some attack Chants lately and they hurt oddly more than I'd expect but the general opinion is attack is not worth it for PvP, for our class. Accuracy shouldn't be an issue as long as you have a 60 weapon. MA is a good stat to slot, as is HP if you don't have much of it.
It's not thread derailment if you enjoyed it (≧◡≦)

Thursday, April 11th 2013, 9:18pm

Can you tell me exactly why is better the Macc like the Acc ?
And my weapon is--->http://imagerz.com/QE8QXEtvAwMBB1JIGAVR
Thank you for the answer`s.

| Anuhart |

Thursday, April 11th 2013, 9:51pm

At 2500 accuracy you can hit pretty much everything save for certain bosses which will "block" the attack; but in PvP only dedicated evasion/block/parry sets could give you trouble (those are rather rare). So the reason accuracy is bad is simply because you don't need to stack it, as long as you reach that number - which you should, with 60 weapon and accessories.

On the other hand, even the passive MR people gain from gear is high enough to be troublesome, not even speaking of MR heroes. Our stuns as well as debuffs rely on MA, so it doesn't hurt at all to have some ^^

Wednesday, April 24th 2013, 4:58pm

Thanks for anything :)

| Anuhart |

Saturday, April 27th 2013, 8:23am

lvl 60 Chanters are never best in 1 v 1 solo PVP as their strength is mainly group support or solo PVE.
They can not often beat a lvl60 glad/assan in melee or kill a ranger/soc from range from my experience without kiting or jumpimg around.

So if you want a permanent PVP fast kill advantage against others it's best to pick and level up another DPS class imo.
A lot of players are happy with their chanters for group play but to get any real lvl60 PVP advantage you might sadly always struggle to find it.
Satisfied players use the cash shop. ~Making of Aion Rap song~ *Aion Utopia* by Inro Joo.
**All off-topic provocation will be reported / ignored.

[NICK]tigros

Professional

Legion: eXistence

Saturday, April 27th 2013, 5:55pm

lvl 60 Chanters are never best in 1 v 1 solo PVP as their strength is mainly group support or solo PVE.
They can not often beat a lvl60 glad/assan in melee or kill a ranger/soc from range from my experience without kiting or jumpimg around.

So if you want a permanent PVP fast kill advantage against others it's best to pick and level up another DPS class imo.
A lot of players are happy with their chanters for group play but to get any real lvl60 PVP advantage you might sadly always struggle to find it.
I know a lot of chanters that will disagree with you :).
"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way and the only way, it does not exist." Nietzsche.

Saturday, April 27th 2013, 8:56pm

I know a lot of chanters that will disagree with you .

Fair enough, me probably just bad at PVP and I won't use x form.

edit: So far only got a few decent ap/aena pieces also not tempted to P2W, so i mainly stay equiped for daily dredge group support. ;)
Admittedly it makes it tough but not impossible, currently in 1 v 1 my lose to win ratio is about 4-1.
Satisfied players use the cash shop. ~Making of Aion Rap song~ *Aion Utopia* by Inro Joo.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "[NICK]xeon" (Apr 27th 2013, 9:06pm)

[NICK]dimondise

Intermediate

Sunday, April 28th 2013, 1:49am

Welcome back Xeon (I think...) ;)

First up, yes we suck on x-form so can you please get to 5SO asap and block a space from others? kthx.

Personal experience suggests that there are basically 3 types of chanters and there is a definite heirachy of preference to them. However they all have their place and can be good for PvP - it just depends on the circumstances. It's the drawback to having a flexible/all inclusive approach.

The first type of chanter seems to think that they're a cleric. They will live in a full support build. Always. Now I'm not saying that chanters can't heal. I will run full support in a dred group where I am the only chain and it's more than enough for the PvE and usually enough for the PvP because of the additional slot given to a DPSer. However in full support we have worse healing abilities than a cleric and worse dps ability than a cleric - we're trying to be something we're not when there's a cleric around. I'll be honest, I don't like this build so I won't advise on manastones or anything.

The second type of chanter is the dreaded "hybrid"/"I am teh mazin cuz I can do e'eryting" one. Most of these will take it just because of SS. Now I currently really, really, really, totally, absolutely, really, really, really love this at the moment for group play. I'll take up to SS and also slot WOI which is often laughed at when I'm talking about my build. Why? Because we get Spell of Ascension which is basically the same thing with a slight boost on one of the stats (SoA gives 200, WoI gives 100) and lasts 2m with massively reduced mp cost. BUT it's self cast only. For any group with at least 2 other physical classes in it WOI really kicks butt and more than justifies it's place. Berserking DP hero Gladi with WOW and WOI is not something you want to come up against. I also skip Rise in favour of an additional damage stigma, i've found that either a single remove stun is enough or i'm getting stunned enough that having 2 really doesn't make any difference anyway.

I actually think of this more as a group support build rather than a "hybrid" build as I'm basically a dps/buffer rather than dps/buff/heal. Make sure that you have Binding Word somewhere easily accessible because a well timed bind on a ranger/sin that is after your Cleric is worth more than even AF. Using it as a follow up to a stun coming off on a temp makes them drop fast and doing the same to a gladi really keeps their damage down. In this role you are needing to focus on many things at the same time and it does take a fair bit of practice to get right. But once you've got it you'd be amazed at the stuff your group can get away with. ^^

The third type of chanter thinks that they're a gladi. They will live in a full dps build. Always. This is my second favourite build and the one that I use for solo PvP. I've been told many times by my regular clerics that I rolled the wrong class. For this I got full out damage stigmas, disorientating blow and soul lock, still without Rise for the same reason as above. With this you get a pretty good set of ranged attacks which can help hugely against anything that wants to kite you. Manastone wise you're looking at stacking MAcc and going for stun-lock or at least being able to drop stuns regularly. Pop your stun penetration skill and hit em with soul strike/MC to put them into stun then hit em with soul lock then MC/soul strike and the other ranged chain if you're rooted with CDs on dispels. Or even don't drop your dispells and just make them think twice if it's only a short duration root.

If you are just up against a physical kiter then close as you launch your ranged attacks and go straight into annihilation as you get close for an additional stun which you can bind as they come back from. Against cloth if you can get in close then they will drop so fast it's scary. Even with my dodgy gear I've been told I hit like a train many times by sorcs/SMs. The interrupts you can cause like this can make a casters life agony. I'm using a blind GS atm because of the increased proc % over para and it's the plates that tend to cause the most trouble because of their resilience so only having to deal with AA can be a god-send. The big problem with this build is that you don't have a massive amount of survivability as you are relying on preventing your opponent from doing anything to you rather than dealing with what they can do. Sins are teh ebil. If they jump you from hide then you really have to be quick with remove shock, perfect parry and parrying strike to get control of the situation. I go this route because with their attack speed trying to get off any of our normal stunning attacks is fraught with danger. If you're lucky then perfect parry will cause a chain break which is always a bonus ;)

I only have the one set of PvP gear and it's really not good; chest and hands are c2 arena with the rest being c1 arena although all accs (except head) are e60 now. Enchanting is pretty much non-existant (chest and shoulders are +1). Manastones are MAcc/Crit and I run with Hit/Celerity/Magic mantras running with speed/crit/attack speed scrolls always on and mboost/macc food not forgetting spell of ascension as another always on self-buff. With all that I currently have a little over 2k MAcc and 840ish crit strike. Can't remember what my attack stat is at but it's nearish the 800 mark with everything running (including power shards).

But, yeah. Chanters, because of their flexibility and reliance on stigmas to tune a build, really are a situational build rather than the more common one-build-fits-all approach that many other classes can get away with. In closing I'll leave you with the maxim I apply to all PvP games, "Aim to be the first to kill not the last to die".

Sunday, April 28th 2013, 4:37am

First up, yes we suck on x-form so can you please get to 5SO asap and block a space from others? kthx.

Thanks (I hope so) :rolleyes:
Erm well I sure would but 5SO isn't hitting me now as much as ESO does?
Personal experience suggests that there are basically 3 types of chanters and there is a definite heirachy of preference to them. However they all have their place and can be good for PvP - it just depends on the circumstances. It's the drawback to having a flexible/all inclusive approach.

The first type of chanter seems to think that they're a cleric. They will live in a full support build. Always. Now I'm not saying that chanters can't heal. I will run full support in a dred group where I am the only chain and it's more than enough for the PvE and usually enough for the PvP because of the additional slot given to a DPSer. However in full support we have worse healing abilities than a cleric and worse dps ability than a cleric - we're trying to be something we're not when there's a cleric around. I'll be honest, I don't like this build so I won't advise on manastones or anything.

The second type of chanter is the dreaded "hybrid"/"I am teh mazin cuz I can do e'eryting" one. Most of these will take it just because of SS. Now I currently really, really, really, totally, absolutely, really, really, really love this at the moment for group play. I'll take up to SS and also slot WOI which is often laughed at when I'm talking about my build. Why? Because we get Spell of Ascension which is basically the same thing with a slight boost on one of the stats (SoA gives 200, WoI gives 100) and lasts 2m with massively reduced mp cost. BUT it's self cast only. For any group with at least 2 other physical classes in it WOI really kicks butt and more than justifies it's place. Berserking DP hero Gladi with WOW and WOI is not something you want to come up against. I also skip Rise in favour of an additional damage stigma, i've found that either a single remove stun is enough or i'm getting stunned enough that having 2 really doesn't make any difference anyway.

I actually think of this more as a group support build rather than a "hybrid" build as I'm basically a dps/buffer rather than dps/buff/heal. Make sure that you have Binding Word somewhere easily accessible because a well timed bind on a ranger/sin that is after your Cleric is worth more than even AF. Using it as a follow up to a stun coming off on a temp makes them drop fast and doing the same to a gladi really keeps their damage down. In this role you are needing to focus on many things at the same time and it does take a fair bit of practice to get right. But once you've got it you'd be amazed at the stuff your group can get away with.

The third type of chanter thinks that they're a gladi. They will live in a full dps build. Always. This is my second favourite build and the one that I use for solo PvP. I've been told many times by my regular clerics that I rolled the wrong class. For this I got full out damage stigmas, disorientating blow and soul lock, still without Rise for the same reason as above. With this you get a pretty good set of ranged attacks which can help hugely against anything that wants to kite you. Manastone wise you're looking at stacking MAcc and going for stun-lock or at least being able to drop stuns regularly. Pop your stun penetration skill and hit em with soul strike/MC to put them into stun then hit em with soul lock then MC/soul strike and the other ranged chain if you're rooted with CDs on dispels. Or even don't drop your dispells and just make them think twice if it's only a short duration root.

If you are just up against a physical kiter then close as you launch your ranged attacks and go straight into annihilation as you get close for an additional stun which you can bind as they come back from. Against cloth if you can get in close then they will drop so fast it's scary. Even with my dodgy gear I've been told I hit like a train many times by sorcs/SMs. The interrupts you can cause like this can make a casters life agony. I'm using a blind GS atm because of the increased proc % over para and it's the plates that tend to cause the most trouble because of their resilience so only having to deal with AA can be a god-send. The big problem with this build is that you don't have a massive amount of survivability as you are relying on preventing your opponent from doing anything to you rather than dealing with what they can do. Sins are teh ebil. If they jump you from hide then you really have to be quick with remove shock, perfect parry and parrying strike to get control of the situation. I go this route because with their attack speed trying to get off any of our normal stunning attacks is fraught with danger. If you're lucky then perfect parry will cause a chain break which is always a bonus
Great post, should be a guide, you have just explained the Chanter roles very well, initially I went for a PVP build but the hasstle of changing skills, armour and stigmas to suit dredgion or group PVE instance support every day was too much so I have settled on a hybrid chanter 2 and simply change from mace/shield to staff depending if I'm healing defensively or attacking if the group already has a good cleric.

The new all server dungeon system is the main reason I returned as my legion was not very active - it's good to see a lot of familiar names are still playing EU despite all the frustrations and delays players have to put up with. :)
unfortunately at lvl46 Chanters sometimes get abuse when trying to heal a full group as they are not that good at it howevever their stigmas and group buffs like WOQ & WOW are often the difference between win and lose in group pvp so are usually appreciated by the more experieced lvl 60's

My last dredgion quick group had 3 glads and 2 soc's and one chanter (yours truly) so it was impossible to heal all especially as they always run ahead thinking that mad fast kill is the only way. :wacko:

Chanters, because of their flexibility and reliance on stigmas to tune a build, really are a situational build rather than the more common one-build-fits-all approach that many other classes can get away with. In closing I'll leave you with the maxim I apply to all PvP games, "Aim to be the first to kill not the last to die".

You have definately got me re-motivated and with my newly build pc based on an A10 5800k Aion now feels much more sharp. 8o
Particularly like the new countdown timers on my skills and the extra bag for all the quest items etc :thumbup:

Overall it's good to see 3.9 as I was afraid GF were not going to do it; with the extra servers now all kinda looks good for EU Aion's future despite all other newer mmos around many still lack a lot of what Aion has today.

Sunday, April 28th 2013, 7:49pm

Dear God, who allowed a person who was failing BT on level 60 due to not having opened advanced slots to post advices? What if someone new actually goes through the trouble of reading this load of bullnyerk and believes it?..

Gold star for Dimo for taking the time to write all this, seems about right though I couldn't actually read it.

Seriously tho Xeon, please stop posting.

Sunday, April 28th 2013, 8:53pm

Dear God, who allowed a person who was failing BT on level 60 due to not having opened advanced slots to post advices?

Had all my greater sigma slots equipped before going to BT, if you are going to post about other players get your facts right!

Seriously tho Xeon, please stop posting.

What's up? afraid someone has a different opinion to your own? I'm back so you better get used to it.

Sunday, April 28th 2013, 10:26pm

it's not about the opinion being different, it's about the opinion being utterly silly and pretty wrong.

Sunday, April 28th 2013, 10:57pm

it's not about the opinion being different, it's about the opinion being utterly silly and pretty wrong.

In what way?

Monday, April 29th 2013, 4:58am

Every.

Monday, April 29th 2013, 9:28am

Unqualified replies don't mean a lot like "I don't like you go away" lol

OK lets get a bit more serious as this thread is intended to help the op, learn some respect or tolerance of other players Chantra.

Here is my opinon, naturally it can be differ with others depending on personal playstyles.

Chanter full lvl60 PVP build:
+10 arena or abyss ap gear, +15 top PVE staff merged with arena staff for PVP boost & conditioning ; fitted with full offensive manastones and mantras, 2kdp woi, the dot effect is helped with magic boost. and ALL following 12 equipped Stigmas: ;)

ATTACK (best for PVP)

Annihilation
Protective Ward or WoL
Splash Swing
Rage Spell
Binding Word
Blessing of Wind
Disorienting Blow
Soul Crush
Stamina Battle Morale
Rise
Recovery Spell
Mountain Crash IV

HYBRID (general group build)

Protective Ward
Word of Protection
Word of Inspiration
Rage Spell
Recovery Spell
Binding Word
Splash Swing
Blessing of Stone
Healing Burst
Stamina Recovery
Blessing of Wind
Mountain Crash

SUPPORT
Annihilation
Word of Protection
Word of Inspiration
Rage Spell
Recovery Spell
Hit Mantra
Protective Ward
Stamina Restoration
Magic Recovery
Blessing of Stone
Healing Burst
Elemental Screen
Invincibility

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "[NICK]xeon" (Apr 29th 2013, 2:46pm)

Monday, April 29th 2013, 12:36pm

People who omit Recovery Spell from any build, particularly "support", are the ones unqualified to post.

Besides if you actually read the op, you would see that he didn't ask about weapon choice or stigma builds. So, aside from not making much sense, your post isn't even remotely helpful.

Finally, learn that greater stigmas have prerequisites. Listing WoI, WoP, PW, MR, BoS, HB, IM together with ES is redundant.

Monday, April 29th 2013, 1:25pm

ATTACK (best for PVP)
Annihilation
Protective Ward or Wol
Splash Swing
Rage Spell
Binding Word
Blessing of Wind
Disorienting Blow
Soul Crush
Stamina Battle Morale
Rise
Recovery Spell
Mountain Crash IV

PW or WoI? Really? there's no 'or' when it comes to protective ward. the only thing you could exchange if u wish is DB and then you would be using Hit Mantra and not WoI.

People who omit Recovery Spell from any build, particularly "support", are the ones unqualified to post.

Amen. The posted build should be removed as not to confuse ppl new to the game -.-

Also, no advice is better than bad advice. Maybe consider that before posting another build again ._.

Monday, April 29th 2013, 2:53pm

Well spotted guys your input is appreciated, I read somwhere that some prefer WOL or WOI for extra grouping DPS
If in dought stick with PW, the rest of your comments about not posting also applies to those who post lies Chantra ;)

Anyway forums are forums and I would never tell anyone not to post, a little un-polite.