You are not logged in.

• Login

Dear visitor, welcome to AION Europe - UK. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Cepha

Trainee

Legion: Eclipse

Tuesday, April 30th 2013, 3:31pm

I was actually thinking that if we socket them as last two slots only, we wouldn't need felicitous.

Dunno about you guys, but on average, I fail 2 or 3 times on the last 2 slots meaning I'd need around 6 composites per piece of equipment so that's extra 50-100 kk per piece of equipment.

So even if that's still much more than I have atm, it doesn't sound so horrible and beyond doable to me.

Ive ran past him many times in tiamaranta/eye while he was w/o xform and w/o group and I was like "wtf u doing over here alone?!" on legion chat, the answer was "daily :D"
Yup, that's our Sodan :D

[NICK]tigros

Professional

Legion: eXistence

Tuesday, April 30th 2013, 3:39pm

Saw a sin the other day sitting with a partly socketed piece of 60 abyss armor with 3 composite stones (first 3 slots, last 2 empty).

So I guess it is possible ;).
"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way and the only way, it does not exist." Nietzsche.

Legion: Kinks

Tuesday, April 30th 2013, 3:42pm

Hmm it makes some sense that way although really you can never be sure whether it'd work within predicted numbers or not, plus the problem is not just the stone price but also their availability. Of course if you can obtain a large number of then it's not a big deal to try without lucky supps. I'm stuck in perpetual poverty myself, so the idea never actually crossed my mind! :D
fix ur forum login and don't forget: it's not thread derailment if you enjoyed it (≧◡≦)

Tuesday, April 30th 2013, 3:44pm

. I'm stuck in perpetual poverty myself, so the idea never actually crossed my mind!

*brofist* us poor maggots need to stick together ;_;

Earfart

Professional

• "Earfart" started this thread

Tuesday, April 30th 2013, 3:44pm

148 stones to socket 4 parts, was lucky on the last one cause it only costed me 5 stones x.x

Anyhow, with just my gear and MA food (not mantra) and all buffs, I have 1778 MA and 607 crit. I guess I should stack some more crit in my last part. However, I currently have a crappy second combine. Using gold FT staff which I hope to eventually replace by the eternal one. This will give me 5 crit stones instead of the 4 accuracy that I have now.

Should I get some more MA? Should I get some more Crit? Or should I socket some HP for the last one? My guess is crit as I don't have a decent combine yet. I can always put MA on the weapon in that case (tho I rather have the crit there x.x)
Earfart - Spatasmo
Derpatron - Anufart ely

Tuesday, April 30th 2013, 4:22pm

If you're under 12k HP (which you probably are with that gear?) then I'd suggest you slot some, at least for the time being...
fix ur forum login and don't forget: it's not thread derailment if you enjoyed it (≧◡≦)

Earfart

Professional

Tuesday, April 30th 2013, 4:28pm

11.100 on dps tree atm, there is indeed room for improvement :>
Earfart - Spatasmo
Derpatron - Anufart ely

Earfart

Professional

Wednesday, May 1st 2013, 10:25am

Update, I was lucky enough to kill Tiamat and get the Eternal staff I was farming TF for. I have reached 800 crit buffed up, almost 12k hp and almost 1800 ma. I notice a small increase of stuns/kd using my MA gear. I have also removed (don't kill me!) Rise for Numbing blow. In TH I got pretty high as DPS chanter in the overall score (above 1 gladi and 1 sorc), had 470k dmg without my godstone procs or so (20% general).

Numbing blow for Rise due to the higher CD On Rise. Yes, I lose an awesome skill.. But considering I never had it back in 2.7 makes me believe I can play without it. Instead, I get a skill back with rather nice damage and a cool 7 second effect which has only 45sec cd. I haven't tried it in PvP yet, but I will update this topic how it goes.

Ps. Chantra: socketing HP was a good suggestion in my last part, especially now that I got the eternal staff I was looking for to boost my crit/accuracy. 2 years of no PvE weapon drops and I got 2 today (triroan too, put a root on it and made it +13 when I need to kite/chase).
Earfart - Spatasmo
Derpatron - Anufart ely

Legion: Murder INC

Occupation: They often call me a hacker or a cheater. But we just play at a different level, Hell we don't even play the same game.

Wednesday, May 1st 2013, 10:41am

I've got a full Gonon set with MR. Currently I have about 2k MR using a staff and 2.3k with mace/shield. I'm actually not really satisfied. When I'm PvPing (staff ofc) I get slowed so many times. Rangers hit pretty much every skill on me, assassins hit everything... Even Anklesnare hits me almost all the time. MR is nice up to a certain level. It makes fighting undergeared players the most easy thing. However, fighting someone of my own gear or better makes it drama. I might resist a thing or 2, but it's just not cutting it.

I hear more and more about chanters going full MA for stuns. I can't say if it's true that it increases stun chance, but people say it does. In that case, it might be a real nice change. I have tried HP and I liked it, having 14k hp really makes you tanky. However, it's boring to not be able to damage or be a real asset to the team so I'm considering going full MA. Calculated with a full set, I'd have 1700 or so which is not really a lot. So I have a few options: Get a staff that has MA and use it as secondary or upgrade my second combine to have MA slots (using acc as the second staff is gold TF, trying to get ET TF).

Is MA worth it?

I'm trying out MA right now and it's a noticable diffence. I land stuns so much better (althou MR hero's still resist allot) Currently im using Genium (asmo variant) Shoes, Gloves and shoulders and 50e pants and armor. I got all slotted with MA except the genium shoulders which i socketed some crit17's in (Base Crit was low due to Kahrun staff). Im working on MR aug2 set now to see what that brings =]

Currently playing Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Chaos: Zodiark Name: Ezra Aegis Class: Bard

Earfart

Professional

Wednesday, May 1st 2013, 10:59am

Unless you socket MR in your staff as well, you will lack the MR to resist anything decent ;) I had 2k MR and it was not sufficient. My guess is that you will have around 2.1k or so. Even if you manage to get 2.4k, you will not resist enough from geared sorcs/sm but your damage will be crippled and physical classes will slice through you.
Earfart - Spatasmo
Derpatron - Anufart ely

[NICK]tigros

Professional

Wednesday, May 1st 2013, 11:04am

You can always have a MR set just to fight casters and it will most probably help in most of the cases.

You could even just go mace + shield for more MR. Even if your damage is shite, in an arena for example you would win just by resilience.
"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way and the only way, it does not exist." Nietzsche.

Wednesday, May 1st 2013, 12:27pm

as a person who plays SM, sorc and chanter, I can safely say that using an mres set as chanter against a mage is probably the most ridiculous thing u can do~

[NICK]tigros

Professional

Wednesday, May 1st 2013, 12:35pm

It highly depends on the mage, their stats and skills.

I play these classes too, including Chanter & Cleric with MRes set and I can say that there are fights in which it makes a difference. As an SM, despite my 2k MAcc I get resisted by MRes Clerics, for example or I resist Clerics with low MAcc. As a Sorc with 1.8-1.9k MAcc I get the same. As MRes Cleric I have no chance against a top geared SM, for example, but I can resist 80%+ of average players in the Arenas and world pvp.

Of course it will not make a difference on top geared Mages, but how many of your fights will actually be vs. top geared people? Reality is that most of your fights will be versus averaged geared people and there it will make the difference.

Wednesday, May 1st 2013, 12:42pm

Well we always say that even 2.4 is not enough for casters cause we assume they'd be full MA or pop SoF/Assist but that's not always the case and listening to caster friends rage, I'd say 2.4 MR is still horribly frustrating to fight against. Problem is just dealing damage when you're full MR. And the horrible sense of shame when you look at your staff.

Grats on the staff Earfart x) hope it's a 19%!

Earfart

Professional

Wednesday, May 1st 2013, 12:46pm

A difference of 100 MR to MA is 10% chance to hit. Say you have 2.3k MR and the Sorc has 2k MA. Not SM, SM skills lower the enemy MR. The sorc based on JUST passive skills, has about 30% resists. This is quite a lot but far too random. If he spams enough, you will still die. He can still cc/stun etc. Now, fighting an SM, you will have not even close to enough MR to resist his skill spams. His cc skills still land etc.

Mr is nice, but it's not the best for chanters. If you can reach 2.450 or so with shield in PvP gear as support, go for it and hope you won't have a physical class on you the entire time :P

No the staff is 18% :<

But as it goes as secondary in my E60, I still have 19%. It's one of the best combinations without the mythical imo. I have a huge amount of parry with that 300 skill and I have 2600+ accuracy without slotting a single point ;)
Earfart - Spatasmo
Derpatron - Anufart ely

Wednesday, May 1st 2013, 12:50pm

Very nice, you can swap to a caster belt then for some extra MA xD

How huge, exactly, is your amount of parry? I'd say you need at least 2800 for it to count.

Earfart

Professional

Wednesday, May 1st 2013, 12:53pm

Considering it's without manastones, I think I have 2400+ right now (with that 300 buff). It's not enough, that's true. But consider fighting a gladi who has berserking and not enough accuracy, it's a real nice passive increase to have a 10% chance of parrying ;) 2100+ from just my weapon/hat is pretty high I think. If only I had an AP weapon that had 100+ parry ._.
Earfart - Spatasmo
Derpatron - Anufart ely

Wednesday, May 1st 2013, 1:19pm

Well we always say that even 2.4 is not enough for casters cause we assume they'd be full MA or pop SoF/Assist but that's not always the case and listening to caster friends rage, I'd say 2.4 MR is still horribly frustrating to fight against.

in arena, against sorc, ye 2.4k is decent. but with my 2.3k macc on SM I don't really get resists from anything, sometimes from really high end stuff that borders with 2.5k mres but against 97% of the opponents 2.3k macc is really more than enough. most of the time I even use a magic boost tome instead of the macc one, coz 2.3 isn't needed that often lol

Legion: Murder INC

Occupation: They often call me a hacker or a cheater. But we just play at a different level, Hell we don't even play the same game.

Wednesday, May 1st 2013, 3:58pm

Unless you socket MR in your staff as well, you will lack the MR to resist anything decent ;) I had 2k MR and it was not sufficient. My guess is that you will have around 2.1k or so. Even if you manage to get 2.4k, you will not resist enough from geared sorcs/sm but your damage will be crippled and physical classes will slice through you.

MR has never been good vs cloths :P

Currently playing Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Chaos: Zodiark Name: Ezra Aegis Class: Bard

Earfart

Professional

Wednesday, May 1st 2013, 4:00pm

If they had < 1.8k ma it was awesum :P
Earfart - Spatasmo
Derpatron - Anufart ely