You are not logged in.

• Login

Dear visitor, welcome to AION Europe - UK. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, July 31st 2013, 1:51pm

Gunner's FAQ

Gunner's Frequently Asked Questions

What manastones should I use?

Gunner's damage is magical, meaning that you should use Magic Boost and Magic Accuracy manastones. Manastones such as Attack, Crit Strike and Accuracy ones are completely useless.

What armor should I wear?

Gunner wears a new type of leather called Magical Leather. As the name suggests, it's leather armor with magical bonuses instead of physical ones. Cloth armor can't be worn at relevant levels since it's limited to Sorcerers and Spiritmasters.

What scrolls should I use?

Gunner's skills are based on Attack Speed while the chargeable cannon's skills are not affected by Cast Speed, so you should use Attack Speed scrolls. As written above, gunner's damage is magical so you should you Crit Spell scrolls.

What weapon should I use and in which situations?

Your main weapons should be two guns, both in PvP and in PvE. Cannon should be situational, examples:

-When all your guns' skills are on CD you can switch to cannon and use Harassing Fire, Snow Shell and Incendiary Shell charged as little as possible for better damage than AAC + Precision Shot.

-In Zerg vs Zerg for 25m nuking and AoE(Aetheric Bombardment and Aerial Fury).

-For Freeze Cannon(roots at first and second charging stage, sleeps at third stage) if you need it.

Does PvP Attack work on both guns?

Yes, if you have two guns with 6% PvP Attack on each one you will have 12% so your endgame PvP goal weapons should be two abyss 65 guns.

What godstones should I use?

There are obviously multiple choices:

PvP: Silence, Blind, and/or 10% 376/405 damage if you want them to happen more frequently but not as strong, Paralyze or/and 1% 3760/4050 damage if you want then to happen not as frequently but stronger when it does. (Personally, I like the reliability of the first ones more).

PvE: 10% 376/405 damage, 1% 3760/4050 damage. (Same here, I'd go with two 10% 376/405 damage).

Cannon: 1% 3760/4050 damage.

N.B.: Since guns are dual wield, you can put two godstones on them. The godstone on the off hand gun will have its percentage halved, unless it's a damage godstone. Examples:

-Two Paralyze godstones = 3% on every hit.

-Two Silence godstones = 7,5% on every hit.

-One Silence godstone on main hand + one blind godstone on off hand = 5% silence and 2,5% blind on every hit.

-Two 1% 3760/4050 damage godstones = 2% on every hit.

What are the effects of Silence, Bind and Blind on me?

Gunner is special on this because its damage is magical but its damage skills are not stopped by silence; they are instead stopped by bind. Blind has no effect whatsoever and its only use could be covering something else.

Here is a summary of the effects of statuses on gunner:

Silence = Can't use buffes; Can't use cannon's skills; Can use all guns' skills.

Bind = Can't use guns' skills; Can use cannon's skills; Can use buffes.

Blind = No effect; only possible use is covering another debuff.

On the description of the skill "Anticipation" we find the following sentence: "If attacked by a PC, receive decreased damage."; How much damage is decreased?

The damage decrease is pretty significant, being 50%(just like an Iron Skin for PvP).

The skill "Stopping Power" lasts for 30 seconds, but when I use it and start to hit something it disappears quickly. Why is that?

Stopping Power works only on the next 5 skills after its usage, just like Ranger's Focused Shots.

Is enchanting my off hand gun worth it?

Not at all; enchanting your off hand gun should be the last thing you do after you've completed everything else in your gear that requires kinah since the only thing it improves is your Auto Attack damage and by a mediocre amount.

Is there a difference between Elyos and Asmodian Gunner?

No, no difference whatsoever.

Do any of my buffs overwrite each other?

No, you can use all of your buffs at the same time without any of them overwriting each other.

Feel free to suggest more questions to add.

This post has been edited 10 times, last edit by "[NICK]zaoldyeck" (Oct 1st 2013, 9:55pm)

Wednesday, July 31st 2013, 2:38pm

Altho I haven't tested this myself - DMG godstones (1%, 2%, 10% 20%) DO NOT GET HALVED in offhand.
If this world seeks my destruction - it goes with me!

Wednesday, July 31st 2013, 2:57pm

That would be sweet... But to put it as fact in the FAQ I need someone to prove this with testing or to provide a link if someone tested it already. Until then I'll leave it how it's written now, mentioning the possibility but not writing that it's certain.

[NICK]annubls

Professional

Legion: Synergy

Thursday, August 1st 2013, 7:59am

nice faq, thanks. :)
will try gunner when 4.0 is out :)
i honestly wanted go for 2h weapon :) since it looks so cool but 2 guns will do the job too :)
"We create our own demons..."

Fearr lvl. 65 Spiritmaster Elyos/Nexus

Thursday, August 1st 2013, 8:31am

correct me if i'm wrong, but if i remember right, gunner will knock back the opponent from time to time, so para godstone isn't advisable, cause knock back will break the paralyze.

Thursday, August 1st 2013, 9:32am

correct me if i'm wrong, but if i remember right, gunner will knock back the opponent from time to time, so para godstone isn't advisable, cause knock back will break the paralyze.

Gunner doesn't have random knock backs.

Legion: Eternal Requiem

Friday, August 2nd 2013, 12:35am

Thanks for this :) Looking forward to trying this class out
Chrysaora - 60 Sorceror, Necrala - 60 Gladiator, Cumulus - 60 Templar, Narcissus - 55 Ranger, Vixana - 44 Sorceror, Hulkie - 53 Cleric, Kayros - 39 Chanter

Friday, August 2nd 2013, 9:53pm

Such FAQ for bards would be great too :rolleyes:

[NICK]ixxo

Intermediate

Tuesday, August 6th 2013, 10:23am

do gunners suffer from the same 'drawbacks' as rangers with their buffs?

il explain, I have a lv 46 ranger and I noticed that I was only able to use a certain amount of buffs, if I used more than 2-3 I think one of them would be over written.

similar to using basic eye (detects enemies in basic stealth) and advanced eye (detects enemies in advanced stealth) at the same time.

do gunners also suffer from this or can we use all of their buffs at once without them being over written?
IGN: Nukez
Class: Assassin
Server: Anuhurt
Current holder of 'the worst Sin EU' title and proud, retired

IGN: Nuked
Class: Gunner
Server: Anuhart
Aiming for the title of worst gunner EU ;)

Noctis

Professional

Legion: Berserk

Tuesday, August 6th 2013, 10:43am

nop, nothing like that. the only drawback is 1% mp loss over each 4 secs on their atk speed buff.

Tuesday, August 6th 2013, 5:39pm

do gunners suffer from the same 'drawbacks' as rangers with their buffs?

il explain, I have a lv 46 ranger and I noticed that I was only able to use a certain amount of buffs, if I used more than 2-3 I think one of them would be over written.

similar to using basic eye (detects enemies in basic stealth) and advanced eye (detects enemies in advanced stealth) at the same time.

do gunners also suffer from this or can we use all of their buffs at once without them being over written?

I'll add this question + the answer to the FAQ.

Tuesday, August 6th 2013, 11:13pm

You can use cannon skills while binded. You can't use gun skills while binded.

Legion: Judgement

Wednesday, August 7th 2013, 10:26am

I wonder, in lvl60-65 1v1 PvP when playing a gunner, which classes are easy to defeat? Which classes will defeat a gunner most of the time? Which classes are about equal?

Basically I'm looking for the gunners' weaknesses, and trying to get a feeling for the new PvP balance, first for 1v1 then for 6v6 or 3v3)
Focus on what you like, not what you hate, and you will be happier.

(Asmo) Telemachus - D Generation X - 60 Cleric

Wednesday, August 7th 2013, 9:12pm

You can use cannon skills while binded. You can't use gun skills while binded.

Yep, I wrote about cannon only on silence and forgot to write it for bind too. Fixed.

Thursday, August 8th 2013, 1:43pm

Chanters, templars and sorcerers will probably counter gunners.

[NICK]ixxo

Intermediate

Thursday, August 8th 2013, 2:24pm

does it matter which hand has a pvp weapon and which hand has a pve weapon?

im only asking because as a sin when I only had 1 pvp weapon id normally put the pvp weapon in my main hand and a pve weapon (for increased damage) in my off hand because most of my stats will be taken from my main hand, is it a similar situation with gunners?

2nd question, can anyone confirm if new lv 60 arena armors/weapons will be added for gunners/bards? or will we have to rely on pve weapons?
IGN: Nukez
Class: Assassin
Server: Anuhurt
Current holder of 'the worst Sin EU' title and proud, retired

IGN: Nuked
Class: Gunner
Server: Anuhart
Aiming for the title of worst gunner EU ;)

Noctis

Professional

Legion: Berserk

Thursday, August 8th 2013, 2:36pm

As a sin, if you have PVE and PVP weapon, you use PVE weapon in mainhand cuz it will probably have more base atk, which is what really matters.

It's same as gunners. Just, since gunners don't rely on weaving, offhand weapon matters only for extra bonus stats (pvp atk, +mb, atk speed, + ma etc etc). Offhand base M. atk, magic boost etc on gunner basically doesn't matter at all.

2x pvp wep is still the way to go.

60arena items are added ofc.

Thursday, August 8th 2013, 2:42pm

For godstone :

http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/showthread.php?t=117503

Quoted

2 pistols = 2 hits per auto attack

26,798 /2 = 13,399 hits per pistol

2% of 13,399 = 267.98 (both godstones proc'd higher than 2% values)

No. Damage godstone proc rate is not halved on the offhand.

Thursday, August 8th 2013, 3:01pm

For godstone :

http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/showthread.php?t=117503

Quoted

2 pistols = 2 hits per auto attack

26,798 /2 = 13,399 hits per pistol

2% of 13,399 = 267.98 (both godstones proc'd higher than 2% values)

No. Damage godstone proc rate is not halved on the offhand.

Thanks, added.

Friday, August 9th 2013, 9:38pm

Stopping Power buff disappears after 5 skills and it doesn't say so in tooltips.how it disappear when it also has a buff that gives bonus dmg against pc for 30sec?ncsoft so awesome