You are not logged in.

• Login

Dear visitor, welcome to AION Europe - UK. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, January 31st 2013, 3:19pm

Aion & Windows 8 64 Bit

Haaai frands,

so tomorrow the Windows 8 license prices will get boosted to 280€ and i bought me 2 of the cheap ones now.
Now my question:

Any experience with Aion on Windows 8 64 Bit anyone?
Does it work, or are there still some bugs / issues?
I read here in Forum about some issues with latency and other stuff that i know myself how to solve.
But maybe i overseen something.

So please, if YOU use that setup, post ur experience with Windows 8 64 Bit and Aion.

Thank youuuuu <3
~ bumm bumm ~

Thursday, January 31st 2013, 11:13pm

I have had zero problems with aion itself. It works perfectly fine under Windows 8 and latency issues often are bygoners with a leatrix fix we all should know about by now. Running at 15ms on a /ping and haven't had any skills delays only fps drops with the heavy increase of effects on the latest instance bosses...

I did however do a full reinstallation of aion.

I had more problems installing Windows 8 Pro with Nvidia Drivers (black screens) then anything else. Hope you won't experience the same issue I did with that.

[NICK]whed

Trainee

Legion: Searching

Friday, February 1st 2013, 4:03pm

aion 32/64 bit work perforct on the windows 8 32/64 bit not even 1 probleme for me :thumbsup:

Tuesday, February 19th 2013, 9:11am

well if i instal win8 64bit i can play aion 64 bit? i have nVidia video card 2gb dedicat

[NICK]earfart

Intermediate

Tuesday, February 19th 2013, 5:33pm

From what I know, the 64bit Aion client doesn't work on Windows 8. However, the 32bit client runs more stable on Windows 8.

Tuesday, February 19th 2013, 5:37pm

well if i instal win8 64bit i can play aion 64 bit? i have nVidia video card 2gb dedicat

You can only Play Aion with 32 Bit Client under Windows 8 64 Bit. I cant get the 64 Bit Client running under it.
Check on NVidia Homepage if they provide Windows 8 64 Bit Drivers for your Graphiccard.
However, if you plan to install Windows 8, i suggest you to buy Start8 Tools from stardock.net, else you might get crazy without a a proper Startmenu ;) There are also free Versions, but i didnt like them that much.

From what I know, the 64bit Aion client doesn't work on Windows 8. However, the 32bit client runs more stable on Windows 8.

yes that is true, more stable and smooth, IMO.
~ bumm bumm ~

Tuesday, February 19th 2013, 7:45pm

Well Wind8 is better for gaming and Aion ^^...
I instal the new OS