You are not logged in.

• Login

Dear visitor, welcome to AION Europe - UK. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "[NICK]masterdarkjedi" started this thread

Legion: masterdarkjedi

Wednesday, April 11th 2012, 9:46pm

[Guide] Alternative Game Download client + Latency Fix

I took some time out on this thread for technical issues so if I have missed anything, let me know thank you.

Due to alot of members having Technical Issues I’m here to help. (:

System Requirements

For those of you that do not know what they have you can click on this link below and run a test to see if your pc/laptop take this game on.

systemrequirementslab

I seen members trying play this on a crappy laptop please see system requirement thank you…

System Requirements to play Aion

Downloading the game via megafire hosting site.

Step 1) Install the Gameforge Launcher http://www.aionfreetoplay.com/website/download

Wait for it to finish installing, Gameforge launcher has created files in Program files/ Gameforge/Aion Free-To-Play.

Step 2) Download the whole 14GB there are 64 files cut in too 200mb since they only allow that much. (you will need WinRAR to open the file here it is http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

Has now been uploaded using winrar File called
AION Free-To-Play part49 (Extract the file same place where you are going to place the others files part 1 - part 64)

Download Link below:

http://www.mediafire.com/?8d0ygq0a956mc

Step 4) copy and paste it in Program files/ Gameforge/Aion Free-To-Play (replace it if asked it)

Step 5) click on the AION Free-To-Play.exe file (since you installed it should be on your desktop) do a file check to see if you need to download anything else.

Step 6) Have fun thank you for reading :love:

So what can you do with this information?

Server IP: Anuhart 79.110.83.77

If you're behind a firewall/router you can make exceptions/port forward TCP port 2106,7777,10241 to potentially help your connection speed. I personally would open 10 ports above and below 2106,7777,10241 to make sure you are covered port wise.

Using the windows command-line utility (cmd.exe) you can ping the server by typing "ping 79.110.83.77" and hitting enter.

You'll get feedback looking like this:

Ms stands for milliseconds. 1/1000 of a second. Lower ms = faster connection. I for example took an average of 44 milliseconds for a round trip sending 32 bytes of data.

NOTE: Neither a server ping or traceroute are a concrete 100% gauge of how good your connection to the server is. A number of factors can hamper your connection such as downed lines, network traffic, connection type (Cable vs ADSL, etc.), firewall settings. The above methods will give you a general idea of how your connection fairs.

Latency Fix reduced latency in many online games lag fix also :P
You can download link below:
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/in…LatencyFix.html

This will go on my blog and on youtube :P
Trying out Aion on Mobile broadband soon guys check it out :P www.youtube.com/user/MobileBroadbandTech

This post has been edited 10 times, last edit by "[NICK]masterdarkjedi" (Apr 20th 2012, 8:08am) with the following reason: Will try to get US client on here soon

Wednesday, April 11th 2012, 10:31pm

Made my day.Thanks, that would be better to download the ones necessary but still best work i've ever seen..

Thursday, April 12th 2012, 10:56pm

Thanks for this, pinned.
Customer Support Helpdesk: http://support.aionfreetoplay.com/
-----
4 Things to do BEFORE you install AION.

Friday, April 13th 2012, 10:10am

Hello, and thanks.

Can you share an alternative link for part 49, because i could download all but that part? It just remains on connecting.

Friday, April 13th 2012, 4:06pm

Hello

AION Free-To-Play.rar.049 NOT DOWNLOADING !!! Can't download that part

THX Download part 049 start.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "[NICK]armir1982" (Apr 13th 2012, 4:30pm)

Sunday, April 15th 2012, 4:13am

Hello

AION Free-To-Play.rar.049 NOT DOWNLOADING !!! Can't download that part

THX Download part 049 start.

Ok i will re-upload the 49 part thank you for letting us know :rolleyes:

Re-Uploading 1-36 parts.....
Trying out Aion on Mobile broadband soon guys check it out :P www.youtube.com/user/MobileBroadbandTech

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "[NICK]masterdarkjedi" (Apr 20th 2012, 8:29am)

Friday, April 20th 2012, 6:00pm

i cant see there the part 49 where is he??

Saturday, April 21st 2012, 2:08pm

cant find part 23 and by 26 from 28...

Saturday, April 21st 2012, 7:12pm

cant find part 23 and by 26 from 28...

Uploading them now

Part 49 is compressed with winrar called (AION Free-To-Play part49.rar) so extract it with the rest of the files

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "[NICK]masterdarkjedi" (Apr 21st 2012, 7:21pm)

Wednesday, April 25th 2012, 6:56pm

major problems downloading

i am having some MAJOR MAJOR problems downlaoding the game , its taking 14 hours so far, never played it before so i might be doing something wrong ,,,,, but wtf wat happened to download click an play, bish bash bosh done simple, I have tried it on 2 other pc's and a laptop, i cant use the internet while im downloading, i know it cant be the internet i have unlimited download speed from my isp, i have the max pc spec in that i have 4 gig ram, quad core,

and from the link here of the alternative download it says "Error reading setup initialization file" with jus an ok button , on clicking that its gone thats it no more installation .

and clicking on some of these link in these pages all im getting is DNS errors, but i'll sort that later everything else works fine, email firefox chrome,

thinking of getting rid of game and saying BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I AM SO F"&*&^%G FED UP ABOUT NOW, If i can install it on mine at home i can install it in the community centre i work at ,,,, i mean come on i look after 18 pc's,,,,

anyway thinking of getting rid all together,

thanks anyway hope some of you knowledgable folk can help ,,, if not then bye bye aion,

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "[NICK]piffedofuser" (Apr 25th 2012, 7:06pm) with the following reason: for to put a thank silly me

Wednesday, May 2nd 2012, 12:08pm

STILL HAVING PROBLEMS DOWNLOADING, tried ALL of above, is this game REALLY WORTH THIS SH*()

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 12:19am

I keep getting the "Unexpected end of archive" error once I joined the files and opened the .rar file. :F

Sunday, May 6th 2012, 4:15pm

I've dowloaded it all and placed it inside the Aion-Free-to-Play folder. Still doesn't work. winrar does nothing as the filetypes are all unknown. Do I have to join the files? this is how it looks on my pc

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

UPDATE:
Joined the files but couldn't locate the output file. While my pc's hd was decreased.

This stupid method just cost my computer 20GB WORTH OF HDD space FOR A FILE I CANNOT EVEN FIND!. I DELETED ALL THE FOLDERS ASSOCIATED WITH AION AND ALL THE DOWNLOADS AND STILL NOTHING.

WTH TS.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "[NICK]skyseo" (May 6th 2012, 5:40pm)

Sunday, May 13th 2012, 2:55pm

I downloaded everything and played yesterday, but I can't open it again. When I click the setup-thingy, it asks me if I want to use it on my computer, then when I click yes, it does nothing. How can I fix this? :?:

Wednesday, May 16th 2012, 6:43pm

thaks for this i got game in stalled run the check fine
and did this legafix
aso the ports as well
so far ive been in game for like 30 minuts or so and no diconnection form sever thansk for the guide
so far so good

Monday, June 11th 2012, 1:27pm

Hello there,

i cannot download file 46, so can you upload it again

Wednesday, June 20th 2012, 8:07pm

hi everyone I have a question, I downloaded the part 49 as it was written in tuorial but when I go to open it with winrar, freezes at 92% and tells me teh need another online program that is not on the computer. why? I need help with the usual problem of the update, is really slow, and the particular thing of this update is that: the speed varies continuously from 0 to 400,800 and 1200 kb per second. anyone know why? I really need help

Friday, June 29th 2012, 9:39pm

hello, I am trying to play the game, I already downloaded all 64 parts, with the hjsplit I joined all the parts, I putted the file in aion free to play folder in gameforge, then i runned the launcher, did file check, but it frozen at 85%, what should I do now? please help me, i think there are more people with the same problem. If you can, try to make a video, i think it's more understandable, or pictures phase by phase. Thanks alot, and sorry for my bad english.

Sunday, July 15th 2012, 4:48pm

just go to ncsoft.com use there laucher way faster and more reliable
http://us.ncsoft.com/en/aion/?__utma=259…__utmk=34789218

Friday, August 24th 2012, 8:12am

Hey all,

When I try to install the game the normal way (thru the launcher, I'm getting very often the E02018 that stops download. Tech support couldn't provide help about this.)

So I thought I'd try your method this way:

- I uninstalled both Aion and the launcher, and reinstalled a clean launcher

- I downloaded your archive from Mediafire, joined the 64 parts and extracted the archive to the Gameforge folder

- I ran the launcher and clicked on check files, it checked up to 85% rather quickly, then the launcher started to download files in the \AION Free-To-Play\$Patch folder.

I first thought the launcher was downloading the 3.0 update, but after a few hours I realized the launcher was downloading the FULL 3.0 game into that $Patch folder...

Any idea on how to fix that ?
Would be greatly appreciated cause I can't actually install the game thru the launcher...