You are not logged in.

• Login

Dear visitor, welcome to AION Europe - UK. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "[NICK]senkai10" started this thread

Sunday, July 22nd 2012, 6:07pm

Fast-Track Server - Your thoughts

Before I begin my post, I'll state one thing: Yes, I'm aware that the Fast-Track Server is unavailable for this version of the PTS due to it being associated with the unofficial "Patch 3.1". However, I believe it might be a good idea to discuss it so GameForge can decide whether or not implementing one here, in the EU, is worth the investment and what not.

Greetings fellow PTS Players.

This is a simple thread for offering opinions about a new feature for Aion: the Fast-Track Server.

For those of you who do not know what I am talking about, look below.

Fast-Track Server

NCSoft, both in Korea and in North America, have implemented a new "channel-like server" that permanently grants double EXP to all characters between levels 1 and 50. This is to grant new players/returning players the opportunity to advance through most of the old content and dive right into Balaurea.

Here is a link to the North American Game Guide, detailing exactly what it is: Fast-Track Server Guide.

So, your thoughts? Is this something that is needed here in the EU version of Aion? Or will it simply end up producing under-geared, inexperienced players?

Happy discussions and remember - keep it civil.
Server: Telemachus
Race: Asmodian
Class: Assassin
Name: Xuekao

Legion: ATM none

Sunday, July 22nd 2012, 9:16pm

+ for this

I don't think that I will ever lvl more char to 50, but it's a good idea since as you said you can lvl a lil faster

As for new players...well, this won't cause a wave of undergeared ones for sure. As for experience - pretty same thing, double exp is still slow so they will learn stuff...

But let's face the truth - income of new players to aion (freshly new, not players played it years ago and now are returning) is so small that you can say that there's no income.
Nexus - Lv 55 SM - Shanaleah

Blackbeard

Fansite - Contributor

Legion: Order of the Daevas

Monday, July 23rd 2012, 9:40pm

If it's in an official patch, that the system is also implemented in Korea, now NA, it's pretty safe to assume that it will happen here. Gameforge doesn't decide on what the game content is. They are the publishers while NCKorea is the developer.

So, I'd bet that there is a 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999% probability that EU will also have a Fast-Track server by the time 3.5 rolls out.

But I believe it to be a good thing. You can satisfy the players no matter their playstyle. Fast-Track server for the PVE'ers and normal servers for the PVP'ers. Can't go wrong satisfying the two types of players there are.

Daevas.com | an AION Social Community