[General build]Gunner - early average+ pvp build?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [General build]Gunner - early average+ pvp build?

Hello !
      I am making a gunner alt and im wondering which items should i focus first (abyss items not included!) to make him average+ pvp.
      I have provided 1 ancient coin weapon, 1 grendal weapon, grendal set, illussion conqueror accessories( slightly better than strife ones, but without pvp%) + 2x 250 mb28, 2x 30 mb30(ancient).
      Whole story: new account because of recent sheep event and i just want to have some fun, but i dont know how to properly focus items to make him average at pvp. I dont have much time tho, so collecting abyss items will take maybe 2 months, and because i have 2 months brake at uni i want to just have some fun till i reach abyss. Ofc i know Strife set (BM), but yeah gunner have 2 revolvers + cannon, and i have no clue which should i buy first, which should i take from grendal pack (1 revolver or 1 cannon), and if i would pick something, what about other weapons (e.g. i picked cannon, i am buying strife for pvp%, and what about revolvers?)
      My plan is to go for grendal revo, then buy second revo for AC, cannon will be Brigade general connected with Strife (BM) cannon.
      And after that? What should i focus? Should i go for 2 strife revolvers(or maybe mainhand grendal offhand strife will be fine?)? Or maybe pass revolvers (stick with grendal + ancient) because why not, its only 6% (correct me) and go for strife BM set first (pvp def%)? And ofc strife accessories with pvp% will be last thing.
      Help me :) Show me the path!!!
    • Are you asmodian or Elyos, if you are asmodian you got lvl 54 eternal AP gun, that is a good second gun because 6 slot

I am assuming you are elyos.

1) Ancient coin pistol
      2) mad grendal box -> pistol
      3) Reshanta camps for battle marks also do baruna (in akaron) everyday
      4) do RB hm / RST / runadium / katalamize as much as you can for PVE gear and a cannon :)

5) first buy gold strife accesories
      6) then buy an eternal strife pistol (use it on second hand)
      7) then upgrade gold strife accesories to eternal
      8) then buy eternal cannon strife
      Divine
    • Yes i am elyos :)So the BM set will be after revolver->accesories gold -> cannon -> accesories eternal -> then set (chest etc) ?? (your point 4 - i have full grendal set too) What about accessories? Maybe u missed that i have full illusion conqueror eternal accessory set :D ( aiondatabase.net/en/item/121001453/ ) which is technically better than BM one but without pvp bonus, is it that important? if yes, why should i skin BM set (with pvp def) to very last moment? Mad grendal set will be fine till then? And what should be main, grendal or ancient (pvpve) ? Because well ancient on +5 have much better stats than grendal/rentus/hyperion on +0.
      Sorry for many questions, i played this game for long time, but it was straight forward playstyle (sm and templar), and now jumping into something like gunner with 3 weapons and diffirent stat-overview and stat caps is little too much for me :D
      I was talking with pro op gunner (named Squall - he has yt and twitch too ) and he told me that i have maany oportunities to achive pvp weapon even without(!!!!) other characters (this is new account, so i cant simply mail abyss/arena gun to my gunner, cos mail attachments are expensive as .... :) on my server) - things like arena 60 lvl cannon for under-rentus since i achive cannon etc. My next question is, how i can obtain courage insignia (yellow arena ones, u get like 88 on standard 1v1 arena for win) faster? is there a quest for it, cos 88 daily without mail possibility is whoa, to reach 2k insignias it will be faster to do bm and abyss.
      Sorry, till then my playstyle was straightforward -> exp 40 -> buy centurion set make it +15 -> exp 65 -> get bm (but only one weapon cos u know templar glad sm etc), i was never thinking about getting arena/ 55abyss gear cos is it even worth it ? (question :D not irony)
      I hope u can answer and u wont rage at me :D
    • I believe the mad grendal gear is better than level 55 arena gear c1 as mad grendal has a lot higher HP, physical defense and most importantly, magic suppression.

You could get the gear first, but what I told you is what I usually do on my own characters.

I only go for ap 65 eternal gear. I don't use BM's for gear because since north and south katalam have been destroyed, it takes a lot longer time to farm BM's.

I suggested gold strife accesories because they only have a bit lower pvp attack compared to eternal strife. You would ofcourse use the illusion set during PvE :)

Your focus should be weapons because else you won't get groups for anything.

If you do Baruna every day you'll finish a weapon in 12 days.
      If you do all camps in the abyss (resets weekly) combined with doing Baruna daily you'll have around 300 BM's per week. If you do jormungand bridge and/or refuge you'll get even more. But you said you were limited on time.
      It's possible to get 2 weapons and gold accesories in 1 week. And upgrade all gold accesories to eternal the week after. It depends how much time you want to invest

Arena weapons have low stats so I wouldn't waste time on that. If anything, it's best to do arena for honour points, abyss points and to sell the crucible tokens.

Rentus base HM gives 15 BM's per day and you should do that one everyday for the L5's and BM's and mythical weapons (Cannon as primary if best stats etc)
      Divine
    • Well, i read something that u dont really enchant offhand revolver and in offhand revolver only yellow (bonus) stats matters, so is there really a point in goin grendal + ancient revolver, instead of buying ancient revolver, and taking mad grendal cannon ?

(by that i mean: in weapon i have white stats and yellow stats, in offhand weapon only yellow stats add to your mboost/macc, e.g. having pro revolver +25 with 2000 + 135 mboost in offhand, will give u only 135 mboost, white stats will add only in mainhand).

in randm option, ancient revolver +5 will give me 1429 mboost, mad grendal +10 1368 mboost. In terms of macc, mad grendal is better than ancient for 25 more macc.

My question is, as before, is it worth it to go dual grendal + ancient revolver and praise that brig gen will drop, instead of goin grendal/ancient rev + grendal/ancient cannon (tell me which is better option :D) and just collect bm for revolver, or if!! brigade general will drop when i will be collecting BM - take the revolver ( grendal/ancient + brig gen) and buy cannon first?? And if yes, what about second revolver since then? will ( aiondatabase.net/en/item/101801262/ ) this be fine as offhand ?? i mean, only bonus stats counts :)
    • [NICK]kuyek wrote:

Well, i read something that u dont really enchant offhand revolver and in offhand revolver only yellow (bonus) stats matters, so is there really a point in goin grendal + ancient revolver, instead of buying ancient revolver, and taking mad grendal cannon ?

(by that i mean: in weapon i have white stats and yellow stats, in offhand weapon only yellow stats add to your mboost/macc, e.g. having pro revolver +25 with 2000 + 135 mboost in offhand, will give u only 135 mboost, white stats will add only in mainhand).

in randm option, ancient revolver +5 will give me 1429 mboost, mad grendal +10 1368 mboost. In terms of macc, mad grendal is better than ancient for 25 more macc.

My question is, as before, is it worth it to go dual grendal + ancient revolver and praise that brig gen will drop, instead of goin grendal/ancient rev + grendal/ancient cannon (tell me which is better option :D) and just collect bm for revolver, or if!! brigade general will drop when i will be collecting BM - take the revolver ( grendal/ancient + brig gen) and buy cannon first?? And if yes, what about second revolver since then? will ( aiondatabase.net/en/item/101801262/ ) this be fine as offhand ?? i mean, only bonus stats counts :)

the weapon you have has 3 manastone slots. Grendal has 5 but can have 6. If you get a grendal gun with 6 slots and good stats you'll have 100 mb extra compared to the gun you have now (as second pistol)
      The better your off-hand gun is, the higher your second hand auto-attack will be. But the base magic boost indeed has no effect. Enchanting offhand won't give you higher magic boost.
      You will eventually get both good pistols and a good cannon so it doesn't matter much what you do. I gave you one of many different ways to gear up. Mad grendal isn't all that special if you don't make it +10 or higher, so that's why i didn't suggest to get the mad grendal cannon but focus on guns first to get high dmg in instances etc. You'll get a cannon fast
      Divine
    • You dont get my meaning :) If i will be rushing the BM revolver, is there a point of taking grendal revolver for like 4 days? I know ~90 magic boost is much, but will it make such a big difference?
      Because cannon is important dps factor too, and droping brig. gen. weapon is miracle, and by getting the cannon i would have balanced stance till i reach BM/brig gen.

And getting 6 slot grendal is a little miracle too, so is it really worth it to waste this box for revolver? If grendal will be 5 slot (like 70% probability) and with bad option ( aion.mouseclic.com/wiki/item/101801018 ) ( theres a 10% x3 for options like magic boost +3 - 15 ).

Lets say grendal revolver will drop with only 5 slot and mb+14 (10%), fully stacked is only 33 mb better than Elyos Premium with 3 slot, and elyos premium is cheap and i can throw him off easily.

Same stands for cannon of course, but well, Mad Grendal set isnt espcially good set, so it will be changed for probably hyperion - which u can do with 3100 mboost cap that i exceed in both ways easily.

What do you think? In general for me isnt worth it to get ancient + grendal

My option is: ancient + elyos premium revo(3 slot that i linked above:
      Maximum HP+484Magic Boost+116Crit Spell+21Magical Acc+57Atk Speed+19%
      it has really good bonuses for temporary offhand)(for 3-4 days), then change premium revo for BM, if brigade general will drop, take mythical revo and finish pve basic set (+/-).
      Output: Mainhand ancient +5 (stats like grendal +14), Offhand: BM for pvp and Brig gen/hyperion pve.

For cannon: take grendal from event box, connect with elyos premium -> then change premium with BM, or if Brig general will drop before i reach BM, take cannon and...... my question is: Is it worth is to connect grendal under Brig gen cannon, or

Make Grendal pvp weapon (disconnect elyos premium connect BM), and scavenge second cannon (hyperion, brig gen etc) and make Hyperion + Brig gen/Brig gen + Brig gen pve cannon.
      Output: Grendal + BM - pvp; Brig gen(if 6slot)+Brig gen or Hyperion(bonus 2-4-6 parts)+Brig gen - pve

What do u think? BTW! i dont mean to offend u, i just want to discuss those options with someone who just knows the game, i just dont think making ancient+grendal revos will be good option. ;) Waiting for ur answer! :)

Ahhhh, and is there a point later doing 2x Bm revolvers for double bonus? will this 2x 6% cover lower mb ? ?(
    • I do more damage with AC +5 main and strife in offhand compared to 2x strife

Gold accesories give you 17% pvp attack, gun gives you 6%, that's why i always suggest ppl to get the gold strife accesories first. The stats are lower but the pvp attack is epic for the cheap price. And you can upgrade them to eternal so you don't lose BM's

What I said was only a suggestion, you do as you find best. In the end it doesn't matter. If you're active you'll soon find a better weapon. If you think you'll get the strife gun fast then by all means open it as a cannon. Either way is fine.

mb cap = 2900mb
      The max in Katalamize instance is 1335 ms [so, the mb cap is 4235 ]
      Divine
    • Gold accessories are op :) i am playing for 4 years now, but like i said, i main templar and sm - its easy, gunner is somehow black magic to me :D yea by that i meant i can easily do kata with 3100 mboost xd thanks for your help, i hope this thread will not only help me but other ppl having similar problems on gunner too, because, handle 2 revos and cannon - both pvp and pve can really shake mind, i mean which stat to look, which hold in mainhand etc. :)

By the way, in the terms of eternal r1 aug2 abyss, do u suggest using mboost/hp composites? I saw some gunners who wore set like that - 5-6 parts mboost/hp 1 part full macc (2 weapons + 5 gear = 7 parts thats what i mean), they said that in general gunners have big macc and this is very fine for open world solo pvp - which im aiming for. What do u think?
    • Step 1. Get whatever cannon and enchant it +15, fuse it with strife and socket MB+28 all the way
      Step 2. Get strife accessories
      Step 3. We don't care about gear cause we are going to one-shot people
      Step 4. Buy Enhance Magic Projectile and bind it on "1"
      Step 5. Buy Spirit Cannon and bind it on "2"
      Step 6. Buy Lifeline Penetration "3"
      Step 7. Bind your weapon change on "Z".
      Step 8. Press 1, 2, Z and guess what: yes, 3.
      Step 9. WIN

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gear

The post was edited 2 times, last by Hyroko ().

• Hyroko wrote:

Step 1. Get whatever cannon and enchant it +15, fuse it with strife and socket MB+28 all the way
      Step 2. Get strife accessories
      Step 3. We don't care about gear cause we are going to one-shot people
      Step 4. Buy Enhance Magic Projectile and bind it on "1"
      Step 5. Buy Spirit Cannon and bind it on "2"
      Step 6. Buy Lifeline Penetration "3"
      Step 7. Bind your weapon change on "Z".
      Step 8. Press 1, 2, Z and guess what: yes, 3.
      Step 9. WIN
      Kek.
      I mean, is this really such easy thing? I mean, we can pull this off to most of classes (e.g. sorc - silence->magma->aetherhold->cyclone->balaur->gg).
      Can ~3100 mboost gunner really rekt that hard? Im not talking about vs daevanions, but lets say 65 r1aug2 eternal ~+10
      I am thinking about long-range gunner build :D, what do u think about my gearing up plan above?
      I can see u are using mboost/hp, do u recommend? Or maybe macc better?
      And what stigma do u suggest? By that i mean which cannon stigmas are essential, cos gunner has many +/- usefull stigmas, for sure shock cannon(? correct me), spirit cannon, and above lifeline penetration. What about others like load magic projectile etc? If you could link me your stigmas i would be grateful :)
    • IMO MB/MA stones are pretty useless on gunner, even if you're full you're not gonna consistently land anything on any MR target/temp on AA (if there's still any)/buffed sins. On the other side by being MB/Hp u get a lot more tankiness which is basically what gunners lack the most. If u really want to hit MR clerics just get a full MA set and learn to quick switch between gears.

As for the stigmas, from my experience, the only stigmas that are a must are Frost Cannon and Shock Cannon, as for the rest you can build it depending on your playstyle. Wants CC's? Get binding/between the eyes. Want burst? Spirit Cannon/Lifeline. You like using cannon? Get Fissure. You like pistols? Get reload/magic projectile. Build I'm currently using is this. Switching between the eyes with MA stigma whenever I go JMR and feel like anoyying clerics.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gear
    • You want a mix between MB/MA and MB/HP. 1k HP extra is nyerk if you're gonna be resisting vs el ward, spirit eye or even slayer form alone.

You won't 3 shot anything with 4100 MB, yet alone 3100, unless they're bots or severly undergeared.

aion.mouseclic.com/tool/stigma/jZCZKMO65 must-have stigmas for solo plays. Between the eyes for 1v1s, Enhance magic proj. for grp pvp. Lifeline pen. is great for both builds but can also be replaced by Gift of Mag. Power for grp pvp. Any mix of those works I guess.

Feel free to replace Shock cannon with MA buff for grp pvp till you get some MA set.