Pinned A little guide to crafting

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A little guide to crafting

Greetings, fellow daevas,
      as I often stumble across some questions in the forum and have quite some experience on crafting, I’d like to share my knowledge with you.

First of all, at current state, you can expert two crafts, or master one and expert the other.

Leveling your craft

For the skillpoints 1-399 there are workorders or you just craft basic mats you might need for later crafts. After 40 skillpoints a craft doesn’t give any more skillpoints, means crafting steel ingots gives you only skillpoints till 1+40=41, to reach 42 you have to craft something with at least 2 skillpoints. At 99/199/299 you talk with your teacher and say “learn xxx” and pay a certain fee to raise your skill-level to 100/200/300 with 399 there is a special workorder, usually called something with “Governor”, only after this and being at least level 29, the expert quest will pop up.

Expert Quest

The expert quest consists of two parts, a 299 part and a 399 part. The designs for the quest you get at your crafts vendor under the section “Quest” – there you can choose between a sure craft (299 is a green design, 399 a blue design) and a design that has to proc (299 white, 399 green) – unless, well unless cooking, as cooking all dishes have to proc, and this can take a while. It might be usefull to check out the designs once you reach 200, in the leveling process you can aswell already prepare the materials you will need for that craft.

After you have finished those two quest parts, your craft teacher will send you to Vidar to receive your reward, which is the expert hat as well as ONE design, you have to choose between:

Handicrafting, Alchemy, Weaponsmithing: a lv 35 expert weapon design according to your craft (the only good design here is the polearm as it has attackspeed)
      Tailoring, Armorsmithing: chest piece or hat design, xilix/strong for tailoring, chain/plate for armorsmithing
      Cooking: xxx aether xxx (already pretty nice buff food for that level, to be crafted with aether gems)
      Construction: you get no design but some furniture

Level your crafting further

After your awesome ceremony, you go and talk to your skill teacher again, and ask to “learn xxx”. With that you are now on 400 skillpoints and can learn the design you received as a reward. For other designs, you have to be lucky on drops or find them on the broker. Now the pain with further leveling starts. Since Balaurea you can make some basic crafts to hit 441 or even 449 (with some further crafts), only cooking and alchemy actually can be leveled without buying any balic materials, just by designs you find at the vendor and mats you either gather, hunt or morph.

On 449, you talk with your skill teacher again and ask to “learn xxx” – you pay a certain fee and it upgrades you to 450. If it doesn’t - check if you have enough kinah with you ;) Its about 5m or something.

Cooking and Alchemy can still be leveled with designs for consumables, the other crafts are now in need of balic mats. Construction is even more of a pain though, it will be explained later

Armorsmithing/Weaponsmithing: They have the same output, you need skins, scales, horns
      Tailoring: skins, scales, bloodstains
      Handicrafting: scales, horns, bloodstains

generally speaking, 400 is thick, 420 hard, 440 solid, 460 firm – be prepared to spend A LOT of money (I leveled one chars hc with making malevite/corundum glasses though till level 460 or something).

Construction: If you have decided that you want to level construction to master to make your own 2 row cabinets, you will have a hard time - till 449 you can go with crafting drenite, korie and hoca to their crafted version but then the pain starts. On 450 you have only the quest "Reward for Balaurea" to level further - you have to buy quest designs, learn it, craft, learn, craft, learn, craft, make space (throw away procced, sell non procs) - and so on and so on, on 460 you got liconsis flower to craft (in the end i found it cheaper to keep on crafting quest designs as the Type B only requires major elemental stone, tough rawhide, aether, quest design and quest item - you have to throw away stuff anyway, as furniture doesnt stack)

Second Expert Craft

Once you hit 449 skillpoints on your first expert, you are able to accept a 2nd expert quest (don’t forget the “steps toward expert” workorder ;-)). Of course you can already start to craft while you are still on reaching 449 but you won’t get the 2nd expert quest before you reach that level.

Master

4.0 update for master: there is still no usefull 2nd master possible, but you can master construction now beside another craft

Reaching 499 opens up the master quest, you are sent to the vendor to receive the design. Here you can also choose between the "need to proc" and already procced design version. Inform yourself about what you need to craft it, so you can already precraft during levelling your skill.

As reward you can choose one design again, you have to go to your teacher though and "learn xxx" again to upgrade to 500

I'm master - and now?

To be honest, the only craft that levels easily is cooking. The master craft rewards are gold food designs, they are awesome for use and also good to sell. For all other crafts, you have only heliotrope crystals.
      Handicrafting, cooking: red and white
      Armorsmithing, tailoring: blue and white
      Weaponsmithing, alchemy: red
      Construction: no helios at all

Change with 3.0: On 450 you will learn the heliotrope design by default, which allows you to craft 1 helios a day, you can buy up to 2 heliotrope powders from the vendor per day, on reaching 500 you can buy the heliotrope bundle design which allows you to craft a bundle of 3 per day (if you start in time to buy 2 heliotrope powders a day even if you are only on 450+ you can easily craft 3 helios per day for quite a while). You can also already buy the 53/55 master designs and craft those as they were reduced in level with 3.0

How I did it

Alchemy: for the first 40 points of each 100 step I craft elemental water or stone, it goes pretty fast and you can do it while you actually have other stuff to do. After that pots and scrolls I need.
      Cooking: Workorders solely, the buff food before expert quest is pretty useless unless Wild Ginseng Pickels or the Cocktails, after expert quest the design I took, maybe a 2nd design with higher level I bought on broker (usually Cippo Jelly)
      Tailoring: Rawhides/Fiber till x41, then the cords/textile I might need for future crafts, then continue with workorders till next x99 step
      Handicrafting: Wood till x41, then Rods/Boards till +40 skillpoints then workorders. I usually don’t craft silver/gold/platinum/mithril ingots as I hardly make any jewels, they are imo too hard to craft with their triple craft for gold, at 400 Malevite ingots and Korie.
      Armorsmithing / Weaponsmithing: Ingots till x41, then see what I might need or not, and already prepare materials while leveling the craft.

How do you know what mats you need if you don’t have the design yet:

aionarmory.com
      aioncalculator.com

How do I get designs
      Drops from Mobs (level range around the crafted item)
      Some Treasureboxes
      Broker
      The bike design comes from Sarpan and is one time craft only (how to go there youtube.com/watch?v=UlmVksfqzzE)

Update 4.02

4.02 has made it in a way easier and harder to craft at the same time
      why easier? you need way less materials for balic craft - on the same time the materials have at our current state rather high prices
      also gathering wasn't upgraded to 500+ (neither essence nor aether), means there is quite some failure ratio, further the new gatherables can't be split, means you cannot split blue to green or green to white items, and there are no morph designs

you need for every little bit the Katalam Essences

Idas/Idela/Idium items are needed - those can be bought at the various garrissons

for several crafts you need items from other crafts, ancient crystals, those have level 500 and if you want to increase your crafting you can aswell craft those :D but care they all need 10 of the blue ancient aether, 20 idela fragments and 40 of the old morph catalyst
      ancient blue crystal - alchemy
      ancient green crystal - armorsmithing
      ancient red crystal - tailoring
      ancient white crystal - weaponsmithing
      ancient yellow crystal - handicrafting

Usefull links for 4.02
      new gathering
      katalam essences
      Garrisson NPC list
      elysorrows list

WILL BE FURTHER UPDATED I JUST STARTED CRAFTING 4.0 STUFF

Hope it helps some daevas :D If you find mistakes, have additional information, pls tell me so I can update it

The post was edited 13 times, last by Evita: 4.0 information added ().

• [NICK]evita wrote:

can you tell me which allows to craft 2? so far I noticed you can buy 2 heliotrope powders, but craft only one, tried it now with tailoring and weaponsmithing (would have been awesome if alch/ws would have allowed to craft 2...)
      Handicrafting can craft White and Red Heliotrope crystal
      Anytime you see a turtle up on top of a fence post, you know he had some help.

• With crafting exp boost i decided to lvl a alt with crafting (WO).
      My ranger made lvl 27 with crafting but after doing the first expert qeust, i didnt got the 2nd expert qeust, ive heared people say you need to be at least lvl 50 to receive this?
    • [NICK]yupyup wrote:

With crafting exp boost i decided to lvl a alt with crafting (WO).
      My ranger made lvl 27 with crafting but after doing the first expert qeust, i didnt got the 2nd expert qeust, ive heared people say you need to be at least lvl 50 to receive this?

you have to be level 30 to be able to get the first expert quest, pretty sure you are referring to the 399 workorder when saying first expert quest.
    • Nice guide Evite +1,

Some things you might want to add to it though.

The expert and master auto proc recipes can still fail in crafting. I learned the hard way.

So I can up with an idea to help prevent this from happenning as it very expensive and depressing. I craft some lower level item (about 40 levels lower) as they will not fail in crafting. I watch for the craft bar to freeze (this would be the time that the fail bar would be going up, but because the level is so lower you can not fail, it just freezes), watch this rythem of crafting and freeze of the crafting bar. When it freezes the next time hit stop crafting and start your expert or master test. This has worked for me and a legion member very well so far.
    • Hi to all . I cant find a Essencetapping Map by level for Sarpan / Tia
      do somebody know if map like this exist and if exist from whear can i
      sea it ?