[BETA] Hero Trials – Discussion and Feedback

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Click wrote:

PvE Ranks says nothing about a player - go search my bard or my gladi.
    It doesn’t reflect anything - cuz there you won’t find any run of me tryharding or caring enough to have sick dps, the only thing I care of is mechanic awareness and finishing the boss.
    I doubt a well known player like you would require a check anyway. This is about 'random' people lamenting not being able to find a group and using gear as an excuse when they simply have nothing to prove they can do the boss. If I were to apply for Narakali and the leader would rather do a gear check than look me up on pveranks I will be doubting the quality of the group.
  • Then again many people get selfish about dps and their “pve Rank” and forget about boss mechanics. So often we had people in our Nara alli who’s only goal was to have highest dps, at the same time they trained half the alli with frozen breath or even better, died to cold strike and we had to waste our stones on them (which was critical in NM runs). All that for 0.500 more idps whilest nobody would be mad if they did less damage but be more aware instead.

I don’t want such people in my group / alli tbh.

PS: I doubt people know me outside Antriksha and even on Antriksha - what’s more, I have alts with not so great gear, but still doing good damage. However, none of those alts is on pve ranks. How do you judge those? How do you judge a cleric if you LFG?

I think we go off topic xD where’s my Level reduction stone NPC?
  • Click wrote:

It doesn’t reflect anything - cuz there you won’t find any run of me tryharding or caring enough to have sick dps, the only thing I care of is mechanic awareness and finishing the boss.
    Doesn't know how to kite boss in Tower when cleric is para to stop our team dying, 10/10
    Mechanic awareness

Click wrote:

Then again many people get selfish about dps and their “pve Rank” and forget about boss mechanics. So often we had people in our Nara alli who’s only goal was to have highest dps, at the same time they trained half the alli with frozen breath or even better, died to cold strike and we had to waste our stones on them (which was critical in NM runs). All that for 0.500 more idps whilest nobody would be mad if they did less damage but be more aware instead.

I don’t want such people in my group / alli tbh.

PS: I doubt people know me outside Antriksha and even on Antriksha

Why not both dps and mechanics

Also you are well famous mate, you have blue box on forums
    twitch.tv/misto91 Come and have a look and listen to best singing cleric EU!
    youtube.com/misto9 Pve / pvp and random guides feel free to leave feedback or ask for a video :P
    facebook.com/Mistocleric Advising / videos to help the clerics of the future!
  • The only instance in the whole game where you need a certain level of tryharding is Narakalli HM, and even that instance version is nerfed since 5.8.
    This is AION not World of Warcraft, you don't have to tryhard to finish 95% of the instances.

Misto wrote:

Doesn't know how to kite boss in Tower when cleric is para to stop our team dying, 10/10
    Mechanic awareness
    That's me after 1 hour pve, I lose patience and concentration really fast :D stop bullying me, more critical stuff happened yesterday (bad omen on the bard *cough* )

ontopic:
    Yesterday i burnt half of level reduction stone stack i had on my breastplate, so those items will be a problem very soon, price on broker already is 4x higher and we are only at the start of the patch :)
  • Click wrote:

Yesterday i burnt half of level reduction stone stack i had on my breastplate, so those items will be a problem very soon, price on broker already is 4x higher and we are only at the start of the patch
    agreed. I ran out of those long time ago and when looking at broker price my heart hurts
  • Misto wrote:

Helkeheri wrote:

@Misto
    Played myself? Nah.

I respect that you are knowledgeable about the game, and probably the most skilled player i know.
    Regardless, when you talk about Nara being possible at 72 in whatever gear, i am frowning.
    Even more so knowing what kind of ppl you are going nara with.

Do make a 72 nara run, with randoms from lfg.
    And you'll know what i meant. When half your alliance is only auto attacking, and the other half deals less damage than KB boss.
    Is it my fault that people don't want to learn?
    Is it my fault that people don't have others to play with?

What I said is absolutely true, you can complete nara with rune hero or library gear at level 72 with a full ally of 72s it's really not difficult at all.

I always use this motto, if I can do something then I don't see why anybody else can't do the same, I've played this game with 200 ping and 15fps and still did endgame instances where the role I had was pivotal for the success of the instance (pulling adds in makarna or healing a group solo)
    Nobody said it's your fault.
    What i mean, is while resources (decent ppl) may be available to you, that does not true for everyone.
    Hence, just because you are fine with the quests, let's not pretend it's fine for everyone.

@failboat
    Nobody missed any point.

@Erufuun
    I do "gearcheck" for even lok, at least the weapon.
    Because if i can put the effort to give at least a lok gear to my 50th alt, anyone else can do so.
    And im not willing to carry anyone with manastoneless esterra weapon, or elder orb with evasion socketed.
    Because i've seen that too.
  • To me this is all crazy, upside down and backwards.

The idea of putting gear into an instance is for people to run it to get the gear and improve their armour and weapons with gear from the instance they are running. Not to buy the gear from broker to then be accepted into a group to do the instance. Either peoples gear requests are way off or developers have made the instance too strong for people that do not have that gear already.

Also a game is for having fun, escape from day to day madness. I would rather go with a group of clueless fun people and take longer to get through something than go with a strong group storming through and raging at every error anyone makes.
  • Rebelbabe wrote:

To me this is all crazy, upside down and backwards.

The idea of putting gear into an instance is for people to run it to get the gear and improve their armour and weapons with gear from the instance they are running. Not to buy the gear from broker to then be accepted into a group to do the instance. Either peoples gear requests are way off or developers have made the instance too strong for people that do not have that gear already.

Also a game is for having fun, escape from day to day madness. I would rather go with a group of clueless fun people and take longer to get through something than go with a strong group storming through and raging at every error anyone makes.
    At some point it made sense. You acquire some gear along the way, use it to get to better instances and acquire better gear and so on. But this got interrupted along the way, with the introduction of High Daeva gear, and the gear discrepancy between HD and non HD gear. This will also happen in 6.0. I'd mention that most older instances are obsolete and it's hard to get gear from there but this is happening in every game, including wow. Anyway, the free gear we get, to compensate for that, is enough to go to 3 man instances. From there you can get holy maze, and is quite good to run higher content. Alternatively, you can acquire kinah in different ways as new player and then buy the better gear from broker. This is also something more or less new, with the introduction of HD, as the better gear were not tradable before (until packaging etc).
  • Click wrote:

thats where u are wrong, ye aidps uploads are useless, but arm ones i can download and analyze if the person got brain or not

Helkeheri wrote:

And im not willing to carry anyone with manastoneless esterra weapon, or elder orb with evasion socketed.

Rebelbabe wrote:

Either peoples gear requests are way off or developers have made the instance too strong for people that do not have that gear already.
    ^ that whhat helke said in that line. I am sorry that u feel that way but the "developers" gave us gear and manastones in lower content, if u wanna skip that its at your own risk and then u need to make up for it. Lok for example is designed for 67 chars, but not for a 9k hp ones with lv 10 white accesories!
    Even 2 days ago i was recruiting for lok, as usual if i have at least 1 person with me i dont care much what i am inviting. A glad lv 70 whisp me "can i and a cleric join" I didnt even reply to him, just insta invited him (they were grouped alreay), it was a glad with 17k hp with cler buff and the cleric was 14k with cler+reshanta buff, so i said to myself "ohh my, i guess i have to do everything again" and we entered lok ,w8ted the glad 5m, we started clearing, glad couldnt keep agggro from my lv 70 SM with 0%pve atk or anythhing(just another alt). we reached the 1st boss after 5 rooms w/o a healing class and 15min later cleric(glad's friend) is still not inside , so obviously i asked him/her to come in faster and the glad reply she's lagging, wait... I took the time to inspect the glad - he had full lok gear with 0 manastones and i ask him why he has no manastones. I was stunned by his reply "dont have money to buy - they are 5kk each" . PS on deyla atk 5 stone is 50k and crit 17 is 150k more or less. Now, i am sorry but people expect to be carried by skiping basic gear or manastones until they get the highest ones they can. After 2m later i said to cleric i am w8ting u 2more mins to enter. 2mins passed and i kicked the cleric (~20m after forming the group and 15m since we were already inside) and took other lfg cleric. The glad then reply why did u kick her, cant u wait. And i said i need to do more runs i have no more time to waste. And once again i was stunned by his reply "why, you have 6 more days to do them".. So make your conclusions how much ppl have turned into leeches. I try to help them, invite them in groups, but they end up dancing on my head.
    I am sorry that went way off topic but i had to write to reply. This is a multiplayer game, not a single mission game where no1 else besides u matters.

The post was edited 4 times, last by t0re ().

• Yes, I agree with you t0re, I would not expect to run any level 66+ instance if seriously under geared. I was thinking on people that insist that someone has lok gear before taking them into group to run it, that seemed a bit overkill. For sure you need reasonable gear
  • well thats another twisted mindset since katalamize where ppl wanted u to have kata gear to make kata... totally made sense(not)

to add up on my previous post - coz the cler i invited after didnt seem to be that ok with lok either and there was another dude that didnt have experience in the instance i was saying what to do b4 each room type and boss .... and that glad had the nerve to keep trolling "look he's a pro hahahaha a lvl 70 teaching me" You can imagine i wont invite him or his friend anymore regardless of situation and then they'll come whining "no1 is inviting us , how are we supposed to gear up".
    Last days i got fed up from few similar experiences. Cant say i rly enjoyed playing.

The post was edited 1 time, last by t0re ().