Revamped - Honor/Glory System and New General/Governor System

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Revamped - Honor/Glory System and New General/Governor System

Change Ranking system based on the HP Earned per Month 15
        Yes (12) 80%
        No (3) 20%
      *Edited for a far better solution to the ranking system.

With the current system it's unfair as some servers are more established than others and for some servers it's almost impossible to progress and gain a ranking so we need a new system now more than ever to determine ranks.

Below is a solution to the Honor System and Ranking System

Players can gather HP for a month period. Just like they do with the 'Go Hunt Daeva.'

At the end of the month, the total amount of HP you earned during that period will determine your rank, (Total amount of HP will just be a status and not affect rank). At the end of the month your rank for the following month will be based on what HP you earned during that time. Every month, The more points you have the higher rank you have a chance at getting, depending on other players amounts. Governor, Great General, Generals, Officer. (I have removed a rank)

This is a fair system and gives everyone a chance, every month to rank.

Also it would be better if there was a class based system for ranks. Currently it's the top 100, but with class based, there will be 17 xformers of each class and always ensure that ranks aren't biased towards any class.

Class based Officers.
      Governor = Highest earned HP - 1 Person (Highest overall)
      Great Generals = 11 Classes (1 Per Class) 11 People
      General = 11 Classes ( 3 Per Class) 33 people
      Officer = 11 Classes ( 8 Per Class) 88
      This would mean that there would now be 133 (Changed from previous suggestion) transformers per faction in
      stead of the current 100

Obviously some classes would be easier to gain general status, but as the system would reset everymonth, everyone who puts the effort in has a chance of gaining these ranks.

Also the amount of HP/Mana etc would also be based on rank with the lower ranks having less HP when xformed compared to Governor/Great General.
      Governor 100k HP
      Great General 80kHP
      General 65kHP
      Officer 40kHP

Also because now Rank be based on a monthly contribution. This would no longer impact with server xfers where a problem would occur if existing high ranks moving to a server with lower hp ranks (forcing rank changing). Server Transfers would now be possible.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Keymaker ().

• [NICK]zipacna wrote:

This seems to be a logical solution to the current ingame issue.
      It would also be good if Gameforge could get any new system implemented seperately as an independent update rather than with a future patch.
      The only ingame issue is the people thinking that being able to xform is game changing. If someone xforms during a siege all it takes to take him down is for the whole alliance/league to target him and kill him with normal attacks.

Also, you probably have no clue that since yesterday we have a new patch, aka 5.0, and in this patch there is pvp armor that doesn't require any rank. There will be Abyss PvP armor, but that is in a future patch.

Also, you thinking that NCSoft will make this new system especially only for our region, while the other regions have the same thing, then you my friend must be high on something strong.

Making such changes only for 1 region, when all the other regions have the same thing is just a waste of time and money for NCSoft, as I am sure, there are plans for an international server in the near future. Having 1 region with diffrent things than the other just screws up their plans.

So, in other words, your suggestion won't happen.
    • [NICK]shimun1 wrote:

[NICK]zipacna wrote:

This seems to be a logical solution to the current ingame issue.
      It would also be good if Gameforge could get any new system implemented seperately as an independent update rather than with a future patch.
      The only ingame issue is the people thinking that being able to xform is game changing. If someone xforms during a siege all it takes to take him down is for the whole alliance/league to target him and kill him with normal attacks.

Also, you probably have no clue that since yesterday we have a new patch, aka 5.0, and in this patch there is pvp armor that doesn't require any rank. There will be Abyss PvP armor, but that is in a future patch.

Also, you thinking that NCSoft will make this new system especially only for our region, while the other regions have the same thing, then you my friend must be high on something strong.

Making such changes only for 1 region, when all the other regions have the same thing is just a waste of time and money for NCSoft, as I am sure, there are plans for an international server in the near future. Having 1 region with diffrent things than the other just screws up their plans.

So, in other words, your suggestion won't happen.

Your constructive feedback has been noted. Oh wait it wasn't constructive at all.

Where did you get it was for 1 region? NCsoft are looking for an alternative method for all regions for the HP honor system. Independent update means when NCsoft create a new system, they can distribute it on it's own without things previously. Korea has small regular updates and they then get bulked together to send to GF and NA. But I guess your understanding of patching is limited.

There was always Abyss armor which anyone could wear. the issue is to address those who have General Armor (which people do not want to replace as it's stoned and enchanted already and can get better by enchanting the full set to +20. The main concern with the last HP change and server merge was capability of wearing gear. To address this, they would have to create a new set of abyss armor which replicates the stats of the General set and makee it available rank free (So when they replace it due to a potential loss in rank again, they can keep the same armor and levels), with an appropriate AP cost attached to it.

And of course Siege isn't about transformers, but it certainly does make an impact in siege, and the idea suggested is about rewarding those who are active in PvP. The majority of transformers are active PVE'rs and can only PvP when they are transfored, and because of how difficult it is to gain HP ranks (loss of fortresses, and due to lose 4 more very soon) it will be even harder to catch up. Also Increasing the amount of players who are capable, and the amount per class will certainly change the gameplay a bit.
    • [NICK]zipacna wrote:

Your constructive feedback has been noted. Oh wait it wasn't constructive at all.

Where did you get it was for 1 region? NCsoft are looking for an alternative method for all regions for the HP honor system. Independent update means when NCsoft create a new system, they can distribute it on it's own without things previously. Korea has small regular updates and they then get bulked together to send to GF and NA. But I guess your understanding of patching is limited.

There was always Abyss armor which anyone could wear. the issue is to address those who have General Armor (which people do not want to replace as it's stoned and enchanted already and can get better by enchanting the full set to +20. The main concern with the last HP change and server merge was capability of wearing gear. To address this, they would have to create a new set of abyss armor which replicates the stats of the General set and makee it available rank free (So when they replace it due to a potential loss in rank again, they can keep the same armor and levels), with an appropriate AP cost attached to it.

And of course Siege isn't about transformers, but it certainly does make an impact in siege, and the idea suggested is about rewarding those who are active in PvP. The majority of transformers are active PVE'rs and can only PvP when they are transfored, and because of how difficult it is to gain HP ranks (loss of fortresses, and due to lose 4 more very soon) it will be even harder to catch up. Also Increasing the amount of players who are capable, and the amount per class will certainly change the gameplay a bit.
      Trust me, I know very well how patching works.

Can you show me your source of information that NCSoft are looking for an alternative method for all regions for the HP system?

The problem with people not being able to wear their Abyss sets after the merge was addressed and handled in a way that everyone could be happy, atleast on our servers, as those people were given free sets and were able to keep their old sets, something that wasn't possible on the Korean server merge that happened over a year ago.

And how can those xforms make an impact? By going to the other faction alliance and get focused while they are running to them and die in a few seconds? Majority of the transformers are PVErs? I think you don't know that Aion is PVEPVP game and PVE is part of the game. And if they've gotten the rights to xform that means they worked for it and they can transform for whatever they want. There are no rules that prohibits them to transform whenever they want, against whoever they want...unless you know of an existing rule that prohibits that.

Even if it was the old AP system, most players won't be able to get a high rank, soooo. And I don't understand what you want to catch up to. Is the whole purpose of the game to just reach some high position and use it as an excuse to tell yourself that you are much better than everyone else? Or do you think that by having a high position means that you are pro?

Increasing the amount of players who are capable....of what? Capable of PvPing? Are you saying that people who are below 5-star aren't capable of PvPing? Do you really think that only 5-star and above are the only once capable of PvPing?
    • Thankyou Senpai.

A problem with this section is those replying to posts do not know how to criticize a suggestion properly and end up trolling the post. If someone spoke like that during a workplace meeting they wouldn't last long.

It was mentioned in the live stream during the patching of 5.0 it was said NCSOFT were looking at different ways for the HP System.
      I provided one. And yes a lot of players who PVE for their rank got to transform. many thought that HP should only be gathered from PvP exclusively and this is what I proposed. but also an element of PVE which would not have that much direct impact.

If you are worried about xformers running off into the enemy, add a suggestion to the proposal.
      With the new lower siege system, leaders will get skills. this could also well for xformers. If they remain sigh a certain number of players. Bonuses such as shields or healing over time are applied. But also if a xformer was solo and not within a range of say 25ms kg non xforms, then damage done to them them be increased.
    • What I notice on the server I play, is that a lot of transformers simply go solo for maximum HP rewards so they keep their transform so they can solo sieges. This is not in the best interest of the community, especially not their own faction. According to powerbook, 5.3 will come with a new siege system which is instanced. Everyone is forced into a league or alliance if I understood it correctly. It also seems like people get new transformations for that siege which aid the whole alliance. Next to that, it seems that PvPvE HP rewards from instances are increased in that patch.

- Kabraxis
    • [NICK]zipacna wrote:

A problem with this section is those replying to posts do not know how to criticize a suggestion properly and end up trolling the post. If someone spoke like that during a workplace meeting they wouldn't last long.

It was mentioned in the live stream during the patching of 5.0 it was said NCSOFT were looking at different ways for the HP System.
      I provided one. And yes a lot of players who PVE for their rank got to transform. many thought that HP should only be gathered from PvP exclusively and this is what I proposed. but also an element of PVE which would not have that much direct impact.

If you are worried about xformers running off into the enemy, add a suggestion to the proposal.
      With the new lower siege system, leaders will get skills. this could also well for xformers. If they remain sigh a certain number of players. Bonuses such as shields or healing over time are applied. But also if a xformer was solo and not within a range of say 25ms kg non xforms, then damage done to them them be increased.
      It's so easy to call someone a troll when he doesn't agree with your post.

At which time was that mentioned? I don't want to look through 8h of footage.

And HP IS earned mostly through PvP - sieges & PvP instances > Bastion. And if you don't know, the Bastion I am mentioning is the PvE one, so isn't that what you want? HP from PvP and a PvE element that doesn't have a direct impact.

Me worried about transformers running into the enemy alliance? No no my friend, you completely misunderstood what I wrote. I didn't write it because I am worried, I wrote it to explain to you how transformers don't have an impact on sieges.
    • I will confirm, yes during the live stream they did say they were looking at the HP system and thinking on ways to improve it.

Picking little bits out of a suggestion and shooting someone down in flames does nothing for the discussion of the overall idea.

I do not bother about honour points so I am looking at this with unbiased view.

To me this suggestion does seem well thought out and seems very fair to all. Now if there are reasons why this suggestion would not work then that is what people should comment on. Would it work? Would it not work? Why it would or would not work.

It is my understanding that the new unranked PVP gear that will come with a later patch is for High Daevas only. Therefore the suggestions made for allowing people to keep their gear if they lose rank is valid. It shows that the suggestion is thinking of all. It is allowing for all classes, so 1 OP class can not dominate.

There are elements of PVP and PVE in there. I suck when it comes to the PVP side of the game but I understand the game is PVP/PVE so yes, good points in both to get the best rewards I can understand.
    • Edit to this suggestion and also to bump it back up.

A change to the game so that 'total' amount of Honor Points no longer determine the rank.
      Every month players accrue HP and at the end of the month, they get tallied up. Those with the most amounts get allocated ranks for one month.
      The ranking system would then ignore the total amount of HP and this would become a status of amount of HP gained, just liked the Abyss points.

Then put in class based ranking as suggested above. This is a more viable solution to the current ranking system and in the unfortunate circumstance that servers are merged, players will never lose their ranks as they have to constantly earn their rank each month.
    • This is nice and all in theory but in reality I don't think KR will ever work on changing their ranking system again.

Although I would add specific xforms for classes, duration is 10 minutes and CD is 30 minutes now during siege time, and 1 hour outside of siege time. (30 minutes allowing 2 per same player per siege, which promotes tactical play).

On top of Officer - Governor transformations granting immunity to all forms of CC, they now work differently.

Gladiator - Transforms into a Ruthless guardian general, becoming immune to CC and increasing all damage done in PvP by 30% for 10 minutes. 100k HP. While transformed, you can no longer gain additional defensive stats besides those the transformation grants you.

Templar - Transforms into a Protector guardian general, increases PvP Defense by 50%, 150k HP, the cooldowns of your protective skills are massively reduced. You are automatically granted a special Bodyguard skill, and you can now use it on up to 3 league members.

Ranger - Transforms into a Hunter guardian general, increases your range to 30 meters and during the transformation, you gain Daevic Fury instead of Bestial Fury, which increases all damage done by 100%, damage done in PvP by 20%. 75k HP.

Assassin - Transforms into an Assassin guardian general, Ambush turns to Slaughter, which has 10 seconds CD and stuns the target for 3 seconds, bypasses remove shock. All damage done in PvP is increased by 100%, movement speed cannot drop below 13.0, you automatically resist up to 4 spells and dodge up to 4 attacks every 10 seconds. 40k HP

Too late to continue atm, can continue tomorrow with the other classes.
    • I like the idea of Keymaker, seems to be very interesting :)

this could be also "system" which didn't create any conflict of interest in the situation where (theoretically) some servers needs to be merged - after a 1 month the ranks will be equally shared between all players on the basis of its activity :) no matter if you played on old servers or young servers; ... no matter if you played for 5 years or for 1 year

hope this idea/feedback will be sent to the NCSoft ^^
    • The sin transformation is so op 8o
      I like the idea because it rewards monthly activity and not overall and who started gathering HP first which makes it impossible to reach certain ranks.

But we would lose weekly rewards :/
      "The Elyos and Asmodians were so busy fighting each other that they didn't see the danger coming..."
      - cue Big Nerf in 5.6
    • Goshenite wrote:

stupid idea...i don't play for loosing all i get monthly
      You don't lose your total amount of HP, the idea is for people to earn their ranks every month based on the HP they have gained the previous month...the totals always increase. This is about bringing balance to the servers which was created when Katalam was still here and certain legions hogged the ownerships and helped them sky rocket their HP compared to others.

Yes you would lose the weekly rewards if you failed to maintain your rank, but for a month, if you did rank you would get those rewards.