Magic Suppression in later 5.3 patch

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Magic Suppression in later 5.3 patch

Some m8 told me a story about latest changes on the Korean test server, specifically September, 2nd patch:

- all Ancient Manastones will become obsolete (they won't be obtainable anymore)
      - existing gear with Ancient Slots will be changed to normal slots, except HD gear
      - gear socketed with Ancient Stones are planned to be compensated / a system for exchange is planned or something

Source: azsurance.tumblr.com/post/1499…e-dragon-lord-test-server

That brings me to the question: any Mage class can boost themselves to 5-6k MB and 500+ Critspell with Knowledge easily and as "counter" they take away the only magic defensive sets we have?
      Are we supposed to get 2 shot in future as plates or should we start making full Knowledge sets (that in the end will give us probably less magic suppression than current Beritra Invasion / Rentus Mythic)...?!?

I know we get Wall of Steel boosted, unfortunately this skill currently has a nice cooldown.

Arena of Gold against any magic class will be OP in 5.3 then.

Halp!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Click ().

• Most people swapped to a chain MR set in korea, for example the korean gladiator gokr0, why chain? No fkin idea, but it seems to work since hes beating quite a lot of bards
      Sit boy!

Osuwari - 75 Sorceror
      Bakuryuha - 75 templar

Blackberries - 75 Gladiator (retired old boi)
    • Was thinking about an MR set with new stones as well, guess I gotta calculate...
      This will only result in a gear war... If a cloth can get 5000+ mb he can get
      4000 mb with an ma set.^^
      The forum fallacy: Believing that a tiny fraction of the player base, namely the forum users, represent the whole aion community.

Explanation: Some forum users are a bunch of raging and flaming trolls, who are very disagreeable, while the average aion player simply doesn't give
      a fck about what is discussed on the forum.

aioninfo.com/online/
      server cap: 5500

• aka. AION ^^

Yeah it's true. And let's not argue about how clothies counter plates by gear, cuz they counter plates by default xD
      Anyways I'm looking for MS alternatives or alternative ways how to counter their insane stats without magic suppression.

Socketing knowledge even with +10 stones (which is remotely not possible) doesn't give as much MS like ancient +50 stones.

Using Magic Defence shield -> 2 CC and it's down.
      Same goes for wall of steel...
    • So they're not only removing ancient stone items, but also ancient stone types? There won't be heroic/fabled/eternal manastones [for regular manastone slots] that give magic suppression/other stats we have on ancient stones now?
    • 2. Ancient manastones can no longer be obtained in-game
      As with defunct items, players holding on to current stock of said items or equipment socketed with ancient manastones will not be affected in any way. Additionally, ancient manastone slots in existing equipment will be converted to general manastone slots.
      NCsoft is also offering an exchange/upgrade scheme for players who have ancient manastones socketed in existing equipment (this does not apply to high daeva equipment).
    • Exchange scheme could as well mean

Ancient Manastone: Magic Suppression +40 -> Manastone: Magic Suppression +40

and that's why I asked, cause that quote you keep quoting, isn't really clear on the issue. Adding 3~4 new grades of manastones was a strike of creative genius that I don't see NC abandoning just cause there are base stat manastones now. Then again it's NC :rolleyes:
    • azsurance was wrong once again with that post sadly, u can check the real translation on cristals powerbook

basicaly, ancient slots become normal slots.

ETERNAL ancient ms get removed, gold ones still obtainable. AND you can socket ancient MS into normal slots.

tldr: nothing changes, 4x 50 Ms < 6x 40 + pvp def

idk if u can keep the current ms +50 and use after, which would make result in 300 MS per part + the pvp def
    • Thanks Noc... Xth! Can you share the link?
      That changes a lot - I will stack up on MS40 then.
      Btw statswise idk if it's good to socket 6x MS40 and 0 crit stones like now, will see how it goes with a Crit/Atk Feather and creation points deployment...

Edit:

Thx cristal for proper information

aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/KR_-_Update_September_7th_2016

The post was edited 1 time, last by Click ().

• As if it wasn't enough that gladi's completely counter gunners with their magic suppresion reaching well beyond my own magic boost (4.6k+), let's give them even more msup so the new gear for magic users will be completely useless anyway -.-
      I remember the times when every cat playing gunner could faceroll glads, time changes fast,
      and ncsoft likes to balance thinks in a 180°fashion :whistling: .
      The forum fallacy: Believing that a tiny fraction of the player base, namely the forum users, represent the whole aion community.

Explanation: Some forum users are a bunch of raging and flaming trolls, who are very disagreeable, while the average aion player simply doesn't give
      a fck about what is discussed on the forum.

aioninfo.com/online/
      server cap: 5500

• I mean, glads can be annoying if rng/godstones but they're still the easiest pray for gunner/mages lol ... Even with the rather insane boost they get next patch, speed boost on bers. and ms on WoS - they still get rekt by default in the 5.3 arena by any mb class. Crit spell has a huge impact for mages.

Chains and clothes are whats scary on a good MS set. Imagine a bard hugging his MS set till he sleeps you, then just switches on full mb/critspell and u done. No way to win. Literal definition of 0 skill.

Edit: korean gunner forum full of qq and complaints about this x]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Noctis ().

• Hello, I let here a link with a video for all who got confused about Ancient slot.

Link

As you can see this Gladiator got Rank 1 mythic level 65, socketed with "Ancient: Attack +8", which is impossible at this patch (5.0).
      So basically on some later patch of 5.3, they will remove the Ancient slot and you can put also the Ancient manastone on a Normal slot.

I hope you all you got understand about this rumours.

Oh, just think about it Gladiators running full "Ancient: Magic Suppresion +50" on gear and stigma for +1.000 magic suppresion and High-Daeva skill: Wall of Steel which is gives you 1.000 magic suppresion (in total 2.000), let's see 6.000 magic suppresion for a Gladiator? :cookieshugo: