Suggestions for Dual Wielding Gladiator?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Suggestions for Dual Wielding Gladiator?

Hi guys,

Recently rolled a new Glad on the EU servers (played on NA few years ago but now situation on EU looks much better than it was once + lower ping of course). :thumbsup:

I'm pretty much a newbie at this game but I'm really liking it. Plus I'm really liking the idea of being a dual wielding (dual sword) gladiator, so I'm wondering if it's viable. I have a few questions. ^^

1) Anything I should know in order to achieve this? Do I need particular skills to be a dual wielding Gladiator or do I just equip 2 swords and I'm done?

2) Disadvantages of being a dual wielding Gladiator?

3) Advantages of being a dual wielding Gladiator?

4) Suggestions in order to get the best out of dual wielding Glad?

Thanks guys, eagerly waiting for some reply! :D
    • 1) you equip two swords and you're good.
      2) No disadvantage. But keep in mind that this setup is for fighting bosses in pve.
      Since you cannot knock down bosses you can't take best advantage of the polearm, therefore a dual wield setup performs better in terms of dps.
      If you fight normal mobs or elites in open world, polearm is your friend, because of the knockdowns ofc.
      3) The advantage is that you do more dps in dual wield than polearm, I repeat, in pve boss fights.
      4) Get two swords right?! :)
      Either rune hero swords +10 or two awesome open world drops. Socket them with attack/crit composites and you're good.
      Also, one of the most important things for dual wield gladiator is that you need to weave - always.
    • [NICK]gambit2404 wrote:

1) you equip two swords and you're good.
      2) No disadvantage. But keep in mind that this setup is for fighting bosses in pve.
      Since you cannot knock down bosses you can't take best advantage of the polearm, therefore a dual wield setup performs better in terms of dps.
      If you fight normal mobs or elites in open world, polearm is your friend, because of the knockdowns ofc.
      3) The advantage is that you do more dps in dual wield than polearm, I repeat, in pve boss fights.
      4) Get two swords right?! :)
      Either rune hero swords +10 or two awesome open world drops. Socket them with attack/crit composites and you're good.
      Also, one of the most important things for dual wield gladiator is that you need to weave - always.
      Thanks a lot for answering! I still have some questions:

1) I heard something about a lvl 20 dual wield stigma, is that something I need to get?

2) Is it really bad if I go only dual sword and no polearm?

3) What exactly does it mean that I always need to weave?

• 1) That stigma has been changed to skill since 4.5 or what patch :D dunno now :D

2) Hmm...since I dont main gladi, dont know, I think it can be viable always, but only in 1v1 max I guess...since in 1v2+ you cannot use AoEs...which is gladis trademark :))

3) That you have to do autoattack between skills, it improves your DPS a lot! with Pole it is hard, since of the atk speed, but with dual swords your attack speed is much lower, so you can do autoattack more often :))
      "Friend in need is friend indeed."

:thumbsup: Slovakia FTW :thumbsup:

Facebook page
    • @OP

The first weapon you should be making is a polearm fused with a PvP one because polearm is best for pvp.
      Dual wield for pvp is just plain bad (for reasons that take too long to explain).
      Dual wield (dagger/sword) is a high-end setup you can make further on for pve, that's it.

Now I don't exactly know what is your objective here.
      You want dual wield no matter what? ...or you would like to dual wield as well?
      The correct way to build a glad is like I mentioned above. Dual wield is just luxury.
    • Another thing to add, no composites = no dual weilding, dmg with dualweilding without composites is kinda non existant(which also means u'll need to waste more kinah initially to be somewhat efficient if u choose to focus dual weildig right away). Also while being with dual weild u rly need to have at least average spear for when u have multiple targets to aoe on them, which also means u need to have at least exhausting wave, rest of the stigmas can be purely single target. The rest i guess the ppl above mentioned already.