Spanish guys, learn english.

• Discussion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• BunnyKill wrote:

servers are international, english is international...any other questions?

Where exactly says the servers are International? Because i cannot read "INT" anywhere 8|

Hellion is a Spanish and English server (more spanish than english since Alquima was always more populated than Anuhart... 1500 people online vs 400? gg). That means you should be able to find people from both lenguages more often than in other servers. ¿You cannot speak Spanish or even learn some basic words? Then join english groups. Still dont get how people can complaing about Spanish people on a Spanish/English. Its like going to play in a Chinese|English server and see 90% of the stuff in Chinese... :cookieshugo:
    • First of all I will say that I come from UK. Played on what was the Spanish server from the day it was created. At that time did not know any Spanish so I understand the frustrations. I was fortunate enough to have a spanish friend that I joined the server with and was able to translate for me when translator was not fast enough or gave me rubbish translation.

Also would also like people to stop referring to all the people that speak Spanish as being Spanish, there are many countries that use spanish language.

The server language is Spanish and English.

There are people that do not know english, people that do not know spanish. So when joining groups and alliances both need to use more thought before requesting groups and joining groups.

I have seen people in chat say, I got kicked from group because I spoke english, because I spoke spanish.. it happens to both.

We really need to find ways of working together and helping each other. Not make people feel as if they are being rejected because of the language they use. If the group is to do something that is easy all that is needed is for leader to put location in chat, Mark targets... job done.
      More complex things both need to use common sense. I a class knows the instance, knows his/her job and no tactical chat is needed... again job done regardless of language.

More complicated things where a lot of instructions, tactics etc are needed and all need to understand each other quickly then it becomes a problem unless leader is able to communicate in both languages. If this is not possible then you should not join that group. Look for another that you will be able to communicate with or make your own.

Your own attitude to others will also help. If you are thoughtful and helpful to others you are more likely to find people more willing to try and help you through things. If you join a group that are speaking spanish and start demanding they speak english... or the other way round... you are more likely to find yourself kicked out as an annoying person, not because you speak english/spanish.
    • i just googled international word...
      so if u have two or more nations placed together its then called international whatever the case (server in this case)

and wiki told me which one of those languages (english/spanish) is more common
      english - 1500M
      spanish - 559M

another wiki about EU:
      The most widely spoken language in the EU is English, which is understood by 51% of all adults, while German is the most widely used mother tongue, spoken by 18%. All 24 official languages of the EU are accepted as working languages, but in practice only two – English and French – are in wide general use and of these English is the more commonly used.
    • That may be so Bunny but we have to work with the reality of the situation.

Many people that only spoke english were on anuhart.
      Many people that only spoke spanish joined the spanish dedicated server.

Not their fault that both have now been put together. Both need to find ways to make it work for them. Over time both will learn some words that will make it a bit easier. But both should not be bullied into it, all that will do is throw up a brick wall and make things more difficult. Showing understanding and be helpfulness will work much better.
    • The odd thing is - from my experience in multiple games with different nationalities playing it, it were always the spanish speaking people who either could not or refused to speak english. No matter if people were from belgium, netherlands, latvia, norway, well just about any country in europe or even close to europe, they could speak english. Spanish notoriously seem to be unable to.

Even more odd - they also speak spanish in brasil and brasilian people do the exact same thing on servers in the US - they refuse to or cannot speak english. Among other things, this even led to the term "br" (as in brazilian) bring used to insult players there.
    • Rangur wrote:

Even more odd - they also speak spanish in brasil and brasilian people do the exact same thing on servers in the US - they refuse to or cannot speak english. Among other things, this even led to the term "br" (as in brazilian) bring used to insult players there.

In brasil they speak spanish, since when? As far as i know they speak Portuguese which is not the same lenguage as Spanish 8|

But ye, you're right with the point of the Spanish people (not only from Spain :D) doesnt speak english, mostly because 75% or even more of our young population doesnt know it at all since our education system is just a fail. I learn it playing the game and talking with people on TS, mostly they was helping me with the pronunciation, but i guess people are more scare to "what they will think about my english" to even care to try it :S

The post was edited 2 times, last by Wu Fang ().

• No matter with which country these players. Hispanidad countries use similar languages.they might understand at least 50-70 or more % of sentence if someone even speaks Spanish. Same story wiht Russ Polish Czech Slovak Serbian and many other simmilar. I dont think it will be really big problem if people use translator for spanish language to speak wiht portugueses and spanish or w/e ppl .Problem only these lets say " spanish/southamerican" dont really like to use translator. For a long time I do not see anyone using a translator to try to speak english.Every time i have to use translator to write more complex sentences in spanish language. I only dont understand, if nobody have to be forced to learn spanish and english like " spanish ppl learn english" " why we must learn english? can u learn spanish?" yes we can . (my spanish and english languages isnt perfect) but why i must use translator for communication and they are not?mostly i understand "spanish" languages and w/o translator since many words simmilar to english and etc.nobody must speak proper english or spanish languages but all what i want to tell, these players dont wanna communicate. they dont care if u use translator ,they will still talk to u with their native language. I play alquima server from the start 4.0 and the situation has not changed much, there is still a big problem with communication.

i know many players speak both english/span. but like 85% of hispanidad players dont even wanna try it.and somtiems it looks like disrespect.

The post was edited 1 time, last by HairyStorm ().

• Esperanto, Latin, English now, World languages.
      A world language is a language that is spoken internationally and is learned and spoken by a large number of people as a second language. A world language is characterized not only by the total number of speakers (native and second language speakers), but also by its geographical distribution, as well as use in international organizations and diplomatic relations.[1][2] One of the most widely spoken and fastest spreading world languages today is English, which has over 980,000,000 first- and second-language users worldwide.

Problem is that many Spanian ppl also know english decent and refuse to speak it.

Spanish is only speaked in Spain, parts of north, central and south America speaks Spanish only cause they where forced to. And they dont speak Spanish but mixed, native languages with Spanish.
      Dont forget during colonial times Spanish ppl raped them, killed them and force them to speak Spanish. In parts of north, central and south America 1 language was never Spanish. This is historical fact.

People on international server( means server where are 2 or more diffrent countires)in general chat for all shoud speak English. FACT!

PS to owner of topic, you got english server Grendal (new).

The post was edited 1 time, last by MrSlacks ().

• [NICK]mayerpista6520 wrote:

I play for 3 weeks in Hellios server, and i hate it. I usually kicked from the group coz i cant speak spanish -.- Why gameforge cant make an english server? there are 2 germany servers and english 0. only 3*0.5.
      You need more than 3 weeks to get used to Hellion. It's been more than a year since 4.9 merge, yet some people are just too lazy to use Google Translate and learn some simple words like "hola", "adios", "vamos", "ayuda", "suerte", "lo siento", "compro", "vendo", "cambio", "arma" etc. And some instance names you won't find via google: "Ruta", "Jardin", "Puerte", "Draga" and others.

If you just started playing, I'd advice to move to other server (Grendal, for example).
    • esset23 wrote:

[NICK]mayerpista6520 wrote:

I play for 3 weeks in Hellios server, and i hate it. I usually kicked from the group coz i cant speak spanish -.- Why gameforge cant make an english server? there are 2 germany servers and english 0. only 3*0.5.
      You need more than 3 weeks to get used to Hellion. It's been more than a year since 4.9 merge, yet some people are just too lazy to use Google Translate and learn some simple words like "hola", "adios", "vamos", "ayuda", "suerte", "lo siento", "compro", "vendo", "cambio", "arma" etc. And some instance names you won't find via google: "Ruta", "Jardin", "Puerte", "Draga" and others.
      If you just started playing, I'd advice to move to other server (Grendal, for example).

Move to Grendal, only sporadic german, italian, turkish chats on LFG... sometimes polish and russian... but I've never ever read spanish yet :)

edit: one year old thread.. just noticed
    • Wahuha wrote:

esset23 wrote:

[NICK]mayerpista6520 wrote:

You need more than 3 weeks to get used to Hellion. It's been more than a year since 4.9 merge, yet some people are just too lazy to use Google Translate and learn some simple words like "hola", "adios", "vamos", "ayuda", "suerte", "lo siento", "compro", "vendo", "cambio", "arma" etc. And some instance names you won't find via google: "Ruta", "Jardin", "Puerte", "Draga" and others.If you just started playing, I'd advice to move to other server (Grendal, for example).
      Move to Grendal, only sporadic german, italian, turkish chats on LFG... sometimes polish and russian... but I've never ever read spanish yet :)

edit: one year old thread.. just noticed
      yep but this problem still exists today, and quite annoying day after day after so many years. But start to play on the new character and server no strength already xD
    • BunnyKill wrote:

The most widely spoken language in the EU is English, which is understood by 51% of all adults, while German is the most widely used mother tongue, spoken by 18%. All 24 official languages of the EU are accepted as working languages, but in practice only two – English and French – are in wide general use and of these English is the more commonly used.

This is Aion Europe not Aion EU. Remember the Turkish server? Since when is Turkey in EU?
      In practice, world wide, people use 6 languages at these high official meetings, English being just one of them. In EU, most officials at those meetings use a translator, nobody expects them to know English, neither should you.

[NICK]MrSlacks wrote:

Spanish is only speaked in Spain, parts of north, central and south America speaks Spanish only cause they where forced to. And they dont speak Spanish but mixed, native languages with Spanish.
      Dont forget during colonial times Spanish ppl raped them, killed them and force them to speak Spanish. In parts of north, central and south America 1 language was never Spanish. This is historical fact.
      I think you're confusing things, lots of those things are what Anglo-Saxons did in NA. Some of that stuff did happen in SA but not on that level. Some of the countries still having like half indigenous population, compared to NA, which we all know what happened there. There was a chance everyone in the US would have spoken Dutch and not English by now, so you see, things are not as you view now in hindsight.