Spanish guys, learn english.

    • Discussion

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • At the bottom of all this, we are all human. Not all speaking the same language. No one should be forced to speak another language.

      If we all have the same goal, ie finish a dungeon and it is a simple one where no one types or speaks anyway it really does not matter. If it is one that needs instructions to be given then you use the language that the majority of the group are using or do not join the group. english, french, german, turkish, russian etc it does not matter. One person cannot expect a whole group to change their language just for them.
    • Well, let's take my point of view

      At first, sorry about my poor english, I'm Brazilian, so I don't have English or Spanish as my main language, but Portuguese (and no, i will not delete the game files only to download the NC America version to play with Brazilians and Portuguese), so then i'm neutral in this discussion

      So... let's say about the game: As far I Know, Gameforge was created at least 3 server open for English people, but these same 3 servers have another official language, being Spanish in Hellion, Turkish in Antriksha and Italian in Deyla

      Idk (and I don't want to know) if all players in this forum are British or if exists some Americans, Canadians, Australians (etc...) here as idk if all Spanish players in Hellion are Spanish or if exists Argentinians, Venezuelans, Bolivians, Chileans (etc...) but if the server has two official languages, both parts needs to accept the differences and deal with it. English Players will not stop to speak English only because Spanish players wants nor vice versa

      And (the last thing) GF set the servers shared but the communities are separated, so then, if all you want to talk with Spanish players about it, you are more than welcome to go in their board, and, writing in Spanish, make in words your in-satisfaction about it.

      Certainly Gameforge will not evict all Spanish, Turkish and Italian players only because English players wants these players out, and no one player can force another player to speak your vernacular language only because he wants, so then deal with it.
    • just a fyi
      originally we had a spanish, an italian, a turkish, a polish and 5 english servers
      as there were too little people except on polish server, they merged the spanish, italian and turkish server with the english servers
      (for details: en.aion.gameforge.com/website/…eral/servermerge_summary/)
      and this is why people are upset, no matter from which server they came

      the biggeset downfall was probably for the turkish community, as they not only lost their server but also their language client, forum etc - but that's another story
    • Hey guys!

      I used to play back in old days on Anuhart. I think all the players have the same rights but also the same responsabilitys. The main reson I joined Anuhart was because of the english language. English is not my native language nither Spanish but from this 2 I know a bit of English and I use it to comunicate in game with other people. Now, I think many of the players on the new server Hellion server are same as me. They are not English in origin but they speak english cause its the foreigne language they know. This is how it was in the past on Anuhart and this is how it is now on Hellion. Sure, the Spanish comunity is big but reading 1h continously of Spanish in LFG is bad in my opinion. It is not fair. Think about all the polish, russian, hungarian, romanian, german and french people on the server, if all of them would speak in their native language in LFG that would be a total chaos. And belive me there are many people of this nationalitys but they know how to behave nice and they speak all the time in English so that everyone might understand them.

      I don't mind new people that ask question in their languages because they are beginers and I don't mind the answer too, in LFG chat I mean. But cursing the elyos faction on our server in Spanish or any other language or telling jokes or other things in Spanish in LFG chat, that I do mind.

      For the notice, I understand and I do speak spanish at a average level but I do not agree monopol of Spanish in LFG.
    • thekoakuma wrote:


      So... let's say about the game: As far I Know, Gameforge was created at least 3 server open for English people, but these same 3 servers have another official language, being Spanish in Hellion, Turkish in Antriksha and Italian in Deyla
      Gameforge did not create Antriksha, Hellion and Deyla. Gameforge merged English servers with Spanish, Turkish and Italian servers.
      Following your logic Gameforge should have merge ex Spanish, Turkish and Italian into one server and all English into one or two servers.
    • @thekoakuma the reason the turkish spansih and ita servers were merged into english ones was because supposedly those ppl know some english and it wouldnt be totally not understandable. Otherwise as future said above they could've just merge spanish turkish and ita and let them burn alltogether
      Also that comment "englsih is not my native language" is rly rly stupid, sorry but probably less than 0.1% of the ppl on eng servers actually have it as native, non the less we all speak english . Ppl are ofc free to talk as mcuh as they want in their native language between themselves.
      I myself have experience with this as my bulgarian members dont rly speak that good english nor understand it perfectly but they know that when we're doing instance or w/e with other ppl chat and voice are in english so others understand and not get annoyed.

      And dont get me wrong but Spain is country that is rly closed from language perspective and 99% of the stuff is translated into spanish as movies books etc etc, which also affects other spanish speaking countries to not bother with other languages. This for me is extremely bad trend.

      The post was edited 3 times, last by t0re ().

    • no offense t0re, but the Turkish comm lost all - not only their server but also their client, their forum, everything
      that's why they have their section here on the board, other than the Italian or Spanish community which still has their own stuff

      there are some people that seriously don't speak English at all, they were lured into the game with their own language and now all they got is a tons of hate which they partly don't even know where it originates from, as they simply don't understand
    • Rebelbabe wrote:

      At the bottom of all this, we are all human. Not all speaking the same language. No one should be forced to speak another language.

      If we all have the same goal, ie finish a dungeon and it is a simple one where no one types or speaks anyway it really does not matter. If it is one that needs instructions to be given then you use the language that the majority of the group are using or do not join the group. english, french, german, turkish, russian etc it does not matter. One person cannot expect a whole group to change their language just for them.
      classic bullshit. sorry what? do not join the groups? in this case create groups for pve /pvp will last 5 hours . not possible to find full group wiht english language on helion. cuz tooooooo fkng low % of players who use english at least . try play 1 month on helion server u will see how it is, when ppl after 100 runs in one dung still no clue what to do.

      "One person cannot expect a whole group to change their language just for them." again stupid bullshit.
      The Spanish language and its related languages are not so popular in the world for learning as English. in English there are a lot of things, your panties, your food. even if you speak any Spanish language and even if they understand what you are saying they will not do what you ask. they will not use scroll. They will not break the device in LOK. why bother at all and tear my CULO for these people? I see no reason to use an translator for their language, theses do not respond the same. they continue to blablabla on their own lang.

      Sutuation could change if Helionsuperserver get merge wiht other server, where mostly ppl speak english. but no, ofc no nononono. people do not want to merge wiht helion. and i udnerstand WHY. i would not like to merge with helion as well.
      it was a big mistake to fuse anuhart and alquima. they could choose the best solution.
      and do not suggest changing the server and blabla. i dont feel comfort on helion but i dont wanna start over again and many other players too.
    • Well, if from 5 only-english servers we got 3 language shared servers, we can see that happens to english community shrink more than another communities at the point to not be needed anymore exclusive servers for english (or not, idk why GF decided this)

      Well, I've searched in all Spanish board and didn't found any problem about "english in spanish server", so i see that is an only-english community problem.

      Does not matter if english, spanish or even russian is the major language in the world, but what is the major language in game, English can be majority in real world, but be minority inside the game (or vice versa)

      As i can read and write both in English and Spanish very well, i will only follow the conversation with the player which i find ingame. If it speaks spanish, i will speak spanish too, If it speaks english, i will speak english too, and if you can't speak spanish, you can just talks to the spanish user "no hablo español" or "I don't speak Spanish".

      Namaste :slove:
    • sharlata wrote:

      The Spanish language and its related languages are not so popular in the world for learning as English.
      Small correction, Spanish is second most spoken language in the world, English is third, therefore less people speak English overall. Besides, if you really are a small community speaking English on that server, it would make more sense that the small community should know the language of the majority. Telling to the majority to learn English, when they already have a language to communicate between them, doesn't make much sense.
    • it all looks fabulous and incredible and so easy. it's obvious that English is a very popular language on many servers. But the problem is that players playing on a server such as helion are doomed, and deprived of many opportunities. for example, pass the simplest pve dungeons.
      internet translator does not always give accurate information. But biges problem that players who dont speak even the most terrible English refuse to communicate on english. Why should we always translite from Spanish to Spanish.I'm already tired. i dont speak perfect spanish but mostly things i udnerstand and can write but still for more complex sentences i have to use translator. is not even really problem about languages barrier, problem only inside players, i dont get why they refuse to speak english , when we speak spanish, at least we are trying.
      In general, this server and people who refuse communicate force us to play hardmod aion. spend 60 minutes instead of normal 20-30 wiht average group in the simple instance.players in some sense suffer and get angry, this server is definitely the weakest in GF. no good kamars no pangeas no narakali . even no garden full run wiht 3 bosses lol. it says a lot.
    • failboat wrote:

      sharlata wrote:

      The Spanish language and its related languages are not so popular in the world for learning as English.
      Small correction, Spanish is second most spoken language in the world, English is third, therefore less people speak English overall. Besides, if you really are a small community speaking English on that server, it would make more sense that the small community should know the language of the majority. Telling to the majority to learn English, when they already have a language to communicate between them, doesn't make much sense.
      no idea.in any games did not see that the Spanish language and stuff were so populary. all what i say is that easier to speak one language which players speak mostly. atm its english.it is used everywhere and always .

      "Telling to the majority to learn English, when they already have a language to communicate between them, doesn't make much sense."
      sure. this means some % of players on that server can just stay afk . quit . or search for decent groups 3 hours. this is solution? nice.
      it would make more sense if gf cud merge anuhart with another server, but not pure Espanol lol.there are more servers with which alquima could get merge.

      pls . can u people to understand. players are tired on Helion. they are mad sad and rage quit or jsut passive play. its really complcated to play there, i would be happy get merge with some inetrnational server this would help a lot for Helion.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by HairyStorm ().

    • i would love to see a russian invasion on hellion to see what happens then :)
      and ye sure ppl that know 1-3 extra languages should learn extra spanish as well just coz 2nd most spoken native language is spanish - now that makes sense right?
      also i am pretty sure discussion here was(or at least should've) not who should learn what language, but rather why not use what ppl already know (minor set of words) for at least minimum amount of communication

      The post was edited 2 times, last by t0re ().

    • We got 1 big Russian(ex soviet) legion, and plenty of Russians on hellion, i have on mine friend list 8 russians. 2 most spoken language Spanish is only in paper and theory in reality never.
      In eu ppl dont speak Spanish only Spanian, ppl speak French, German(Austrian) and English, never Spanish and in eu is Spanish not even 4 language. And last, Portugeesee is not Spanish and dont mix it with Spanish. So who think Spanish is some kind dominant language need wake up from dreams and take out finger out of hes a.s.
    • This is not about what is the most dominant language in Europe, because that would be Russian by their numbers in Europe side, but it is about dominant language on that server.

      Spanish is not spoken just by Spanish people, there are lots of Europeans that speak Spanish. A friend that was there for some time told me he learned the Spanish language in 3 months, and this is because as another Romance (Latin) speaker it's easy to pick up, and we have quite a few Romance languages in Europe.
    • Most dominant language spoken in Eu is English, after French and after French German. Almost nobady in eu speaks Russian or Spansih(only their nation). I travel through most of Eu and basicaly you can talk in English in almost every Eu country( expect Italia, Spania), you can speak French( in 1 part of Switzerland offical language French, official language in Belgium, Luksenburg, Monaco) and German(Austria, Lichenstain, Switzerland, Luxsenburg, south Tirol in Italy, v (Šlaziji) in Poland, In parts of belgium, Romunia and Franch) in some countries. Spanish you cant speak nowhere casue nobady understand and speak Spanish in eu only Spanian. This is reality lol. So idk from where ppl Infos that Spanish good spoken language in eu cause it is not and it Will never be. Spanish speaks only Spanian and nobady else in Eu. English speaks 90% of eu countries. So on international server where are 2 or more diffrent countries( in hellion we got liek 20 nations not only Spanish lol) it is 1 language always english. But most of Spanish ppl refuse to Speak english cause lack of education or nacionalizm.

      Even Russian speaks more ppl in eu than spanish cause old Soviet Union and iron curtain. Even in Spania all ppl dont speak spanish but other languages (Catalan (or Valencian) is spoken by 17%, Galician by 7%, and Basque by 2% of the Spanish population). The most ppl which are speaking Spanish are from central and south america, shame, not from EU. Most of Spanish speakers lives in America NOT in EU, FACT.

      The post was edited 6 times, last by MrSlacks ().

    • "Nobody speaks Russian in Europe" - You are wrong, it is because the number of native Russians on Europe continent is higher than German or French or whatever population you can name it, and this is not counting ex soviet countries that still have Russian as a second language or can understand it. Pull out a map, Europe is not only west Europe, you ignored pretty much all the east side.

      "Nobody speaks Spanish (only their nation)" - apparently they do. There was another statistic, more recent, "which foreign languages are studied the most in EU?". Spanish was third, above German and below French by 1%. Countries where Spanish is learned the most: France 73%, Sweden 40%, Denmark 20% and so on. See, while Spanish is a lot more popular world wide, in Europe is not limited to just Spain.

      Dude, you are the one being upset and need to change, not them. I don't see the, the majority, complaining. If the majority speaks Spanish, why would a minority want to change them? Isn't your lack of Spanish caused by lack of education as well? Do you really want to go that way? This is not school where you have to learn stuff, people require no education degree in order to play games and have fun. You are the minority. You remind me of this: If the mountain will not come to Muhammad, then Muhammad must go to the mountain.
    • I speaks german, english, latin, Russian, all balkans( slo, hr, srb,) and romunian and a lot of words of Spanish. Problems. I travel hole Europe from ukraina to portugal from scandinavia to turkia. Nobady understand or Speaks Spanish, fact. Theory on internet is not all, you need to go a bit outside out from computer to see reality.

      Old sovie countires do not speak RUSSIAN (LOL), but village russian or similar to russian but for sure not RUSSIAN. Spanish is not even 4 language spoken in eu and on all international servers WHICH HELLION IS shoud be spoken english not language from majority of nation lol. Pathetich. You sound like Spanish nacionalist.

      Hungary, Poland, Slovakia, Belarus, Bulgaria, Greece, Republic of Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Russia, Serbia, and Ukraine. Who speaks Russian, the closest are ukraina and belarus all other are not close to Russian language, even ukrain and belarus speaks a bit diffrent than russian, Russians call their language, village Russian. Some words we got same cause we go from same old language, but true Russian language this countires dont speak, if yo uwoud have some knowledge about languages you woud know this.

      The post was edited 5 times, last by MrSlacks ().