Spanish guys, learn english.

• Discussion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• @failboat excuse me but this map is from 20y ago and totally innacurate. as Bulgarian i can tell u only the old people here know russian coz they used to study it , any1 below 30y has close to no knowledge of russian besides the words that are same as ours
      second most spoken language for Bulgaraia is ENGLISH , 3rd is german
    • It's actually 3 years old data not 20 years old. It's also not exactly studied languages. For example I've never met a Swedish guy that doesn't know English, yet a lot of them study Spanish, being second after France. Obviously, English is number one almost all across EU with the exception of Baltic states and others. It is taught to most kids today. Don't underestimate the number of old people in your country. The population is aging, the fertility rate is low, young people flee to other countries for better payed jobs. I know because it's almost the same here. We derailed, the idea was that Spanish is not limited to just Spain across Europe and it's definitely popular.
    • failboat wrote:

We derailed, the idea was that Spanish is not limited to just Spain across Europe and it's definitely popular
      i know and as i said before it shouldnt be who learn what but that ppl need to use words and stuff they already know and not make it annoying for others that dont know the said lang by spamming it too much depending on the group u are in.
    • [NICK]MrSlacks wrote:

More ppl in Eu speaks Turkish than Spanish then you know how spoken Spanish it is. Even in their own country they dont speak only Spansih. Only 80% ppl which lives in Spain speaks Spanish lol.
      Not all have Spanish as native language that is true but a lot of them can understand Spanish. Turkey isn't in EU like you write it, unless you meant to say Europe, but even so, only part of Turkey is in Europe, same as I only included part of Russia in Europe. Turkish is also spoken in some communities like in Germany or Bulgaria, yet they don't make it to the top list like Spanish. Polish language alone would still beat Turkish by numbers.

Why are you on these boards and complain if you mostly play private servers?
    • The problem is rooted in gf's creation of the language-specific servers. Only german, french and polish are able to uphold a big enough playerbase for it to be worth it. Sadly, once the language servers had been made you can't really undo it.

Personally I don't mind people speaking in their native languages, but I do mind when f.ex. an alliance recruit is in english, but upon joining I'm being told to join ts where everyone only speaks another language. That's quite excluding, especially when you know they in fact do speak english, but they don't want to since they can speak in their native language. Since I play on deyla I would usually either find another alliance or just mute teamspeak until we get to whatever point where communication is needed, but this can easily be the last drop of frustration for many.
      It also feels excluding to see everything in a foreign language in lfg etc. For the short while I played in hellion, I couldn't even get invited for shugo because people saw I have the english client, or I joined the group, was asked something in spanish, and upon replying "no hablo español", I got kicked. Again, it's fine they want to play with spanish speaking players. But it feels very excluding for everyone else.

English is generally the standard lingua franca online, and while I understand players from alquimia, curatus and zubaba started playing aion because they had a client in their native language, and a server to support this, it's also understandable it was frustrating for the international servers that got merged with them afterwards.

From what I've seen when logging other servers atm, it seems generally it's no longer that big a problem, but I can't possibly pick up on that from just logging to get my event items or chat a bit with friends, and I also imagine the resentment towards spanish/italian/turkish has been building for some time, so even if it's not as bad now as it was before, it's still perceived as terrible.
    • I am playing aion since 2009. I am not allowed playing on private servers or where is your point?

Mine ingame hours in Aion EU with NCSOFT and GAMEFORGE are probably same as your age if we transform your age into hours lol.

Dont judge ppl what they can or canot play. Your domination is simlar to dictators, maybe now you can see conection to faschizem.

Your IQ is same size as your shoes. Gl in life, yo uwill need it a lot.
    • [NICK]MrSlacks wrote:

I am playing aion since 2009. I am not allowed playing on private servers or where is your point?

Mine ingame hours in Aion EU with NCSOFT and GAMEFORGE are probably same as your age if we transform your age into hours lol.

Dont judge ppl what they can or canot play. Your domination is simlar to dictators, maybe now you can see conection to faschizem.

Your IQ is same size as your shoes. Gl in life, yo uwill need it a lot.
      So what that you're playing since 2009? I started in 2008, with 2 breaks, one recently that was quite long. Does it matter?

How do you know my in game hours? With NCSOFT alone I was paying for 2 accounts in Aion, and add another 6-7 years or so of subscription for 3 accounts in Lineage 2, under the same NCSOFT. I only played for like 2 years or so under GF because I decided not to move my account here back then. No, you wouldn't guess my age, not that you should care.

[NICK]MrSlacks - Member since Apr 14th 2016

failboat - Member since Jan 1st 2014

Judging by how fast you spam on forums, I guess you joined GF just last year and you have been playing private servers since then, but I can give you the benefit of the doubt since I didn't have an account on these forums for a long time, when I was already active in game.

You are the one trying to push thing around, to force things and get frustrated when people don't agree with you. I'm the one saying let it be as it is, or try to change yourself. How am I the dictator in all this?

The size of my shoes combined is of hundreds so thanks.
    • failboat wrote:

that made my date :))
      ps. how exactly did u start at 2008? u played KR alpha/betas or smt?
      and not that it matters coz i know few ppl that play from jsut as much time as me that still are barely semi-ok, also i know a cleric from grendal that is playing the game since grendal got opened and he's already better than 99% of the clerics out there
    • t0re wrote:

failboat wrote:

that made my date :))ps. how exactly did u start at 2008? u played KR alpha/betas or smt?
      and not that it matters coz i know few ppl that play from jsut as much time as me that still are barely semi-ok, also i know a cleric from grendal that is playing the game since grendal got opened and he's already better than 99% of the clerics out there
      I don't know how it is now but back then it was impossible for me to play any kind of Korean game without some kssn or something like that so months later I started on the Chinese servers, around November 2008. It was quite cheap, you had to pay by hours played and if you played like 24/7 for a full month it was still less than a subscription in NA. I wasn't alone, there was a whole legion of English speaking players called Source. There were so many servers, I think it was 40+, and never seen the game being so packed, especially in abyss sieges.
    • When you step on cats tail they miow miow.

You got pvp videos of me with alae corvi one of the best pvp premades on perneto, same for nexus, same for alquima and hellion. 12k h + on 1 accaunt, possesing 4x end game, end levels accaunts. Played all popular ncsoft games. Dota 2 mmr 6300. Chees rating at chees . com 2300. Be me guesst everywhere easy.

:nothingtoseehere:

PS: you got tons of tons of tons of ss of dredgions from 2.7 of mine premade on this forums, just search archive. I remember all decent ppl and premades from perento and after, we can talk about all easy.

Insult censored
      -senpai

The post was edited 2 times, last by MrSlacks ().

• I see you were on Alquima before the last merge so you too will have experienced what happened after the merge. The server is described as english/spanish not international. Yes it would be great if all used one international language which is usually english but the facts are some cannot, some will not and some do not feel comfortable with it, maybe embarassed about making mistakes. Designated language servers created attract people because they can communicate freely in a language they know and understand well.

What happened after the merge of the 2 different languages, people battled over what language should be used in LFG and mocked the use of other language in chat. Immediately there were calls for server transfers, I think quite a few even re-rolled characters to move to another server.

Servers that need more people need to be merged with people they can communicate with or you will have what seems 2 seperate servers on the one server. At worst many people leaving the game or re-rolling to another server, defeating the purpose of the merge.
    • Talking from the fires of hell that I have been damned to. Whispering with my dying breath.

It means both English and Spanish are used on the server.

It would be unreasonable after a merge to tell people on a dedicated language server that they had to use another language that they did not know. I totally understand the frustrations of both sides here.