Make your server work properly

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Thank you @ Helkeheri.

Considering, i'm living in a town with 100.000~ people, can I say i'm living on "big city" ?

Really depends on your native language's definition of "city". English doesn't have a single definition of city that everyone agrees on.
    • Buburuza wrote:

Considering, i'm living in a town with 100.000~ people, can I say i'm living on "big city" ?

More then 60-70% population have high speed(download/upload) even on county, or small town.

But rest in Romania, is crap, well only girls remain attraction of country... ^^

i'd say it's average, or small city, compared to population.
      Penetration rate does stand for people who got internet access.
      These are mainly big and average cities like yours.
      11kk people have access to internet, overall. That includes crap connections as well, hence the 58%.

It is nice regardless. But Romania is a special snowflake regarding internet access. Which i explained in the previous comment.

Though we have to mention, no matter how big your truck is, if it takes a lot longer to reach it's destination.
      In gaming, be it mmo or fps, the client doesn't use much of your connection, what matters is how fast your truck will reach it's destination.
      That mainly depends on routing these days. But the average consumer cares for only how big the truck is, not how fast is.
      That's because they think Mbit = speed. And tbh in the every day use that's what actually matters. So we, gamers, can only hope it will change eventually.
    • Actually a lot of the CEE countries have better connection than lets say germany and austria - our infrastructure is wide spread, and old
      the infrastructure in romania is way younger, therefore a newer technological standard

it's annoying as hell... we pay more and have in the end a worse connection
      (they are still rather investing into reaching new areas than replacing the old crap - I have that issue currently with my provider - yes they can offer 250MBit, but they can't deliver, cause the node is so heavily overloaded and the cables are old... )
    • They lie. Heard everything between 20-150 in AION. Small amount of ppl get 8-12 (the dream! You can count them on one hand...). I would say most of the german players have a ping between 30-60. And yes, this is a little bit lower than most of the players on INT servers have, but it's not that low like they said.

my current ping:

(normally its between 30-50(70) like I said before).
      Sorry for my english =(
    • Hello, I consider myself a lucky Italian. I've two houses, one in Milan, one in South Italy, reached by two different technologies, and I've here in Milan 15-25, down there like 30-35, but I tried to login on a better provider and you can get even 11 from here :D
      You know the funny part? Without Wtfast all the connections I tried (except Telecom Italia, which doesn't go through Decix) have 80-100, especially in weekend. I made tracverts, used that other thing called MTR which support gives, even asked to one of my providers who showed me the problem is in Decix and there is nothing they can do about (only way is changing routing but they don't do it for private cuswtomers) except using tunnels.
      I signaled this back in start of 2016, nearly one year ago. They still didn't do anything.

Funny is even Germans pass through it, but they get routed to another node (one is ending with 6 and one with 7) which is far more stable.
      Aphrodiiitee - Level 65 Deyla Asmo Bard
    • @Click Don't be that person, i beg to you.

Wtfast and other stuff won't magicall reduce your ping. Especially if the servers are in your own country.
      Having an optimal route for the data howewer can make you game less laggy. Like i have giga delays without it, even on 120 ping. Unless you actually lag/rubberband you will have no use of such programs.

@Tasmya

Would love to se your winmtr, avoiding the de-cix server that is rented by GF.
    • Helkeheri wrote:

It is highly unlikely that anything like that will happen anytime soon in other countries.

You sure?
      Bulagians have rly low ping to gf servers and in general rly fast internet
      2 weeks ago one friend with rly fast internet gave us his speed lost the link but to frankfurt he had ~720mbits/s so yeah
      (mine is between 40 and 70 depending on the time of day)
    • Ever since I changed my ISP from T-Home to PR Telecom (Hungary) I have generally half the ping in any game from 100+ down to around 40. In Aion I have a base ping of 42 Which is good since I had around 200+ with my previous ISP.

So ping depends greatly on your ISP-s routing apart from its capabilities. Upload and Download speeds have very little effect on this. My friend uses a different carrier and he maintains pings around 10-20 in any game we play online.

-------
      Customer Support Directly: Reaching CS
      Read the Communitiy Guidelines for rules.
    • t0re wrote:

Helkeheri wrote:

It is highly unlikely that anything like that will happen anytime soon in other countries.

You sure?
      Bulagians have rly low ping to gf servers and in general rly fast internet
      2 weeks ago one friend with rly fast internet gave us his speed lost the link but to frankfurt he had ~720mbits/s so yeah
      (mine is between 40 and 70 depending on the time of day)

Yes im sure.
      Just because a few person here and there has access to gigabit internet connection.
      Does not mean it is widely available, which is the case in Romania.
      Well, at least many has access to it.
      Mbit/s still stands for bandwidth.
      It is highly unlikely that anyone can go under 40-50ms, as Germany has crap network, Click told ya as well previously.

Tasmya wrote:

AION connection problems those are from my old connection

I only see one winmtr that is from you, and you are going through that same decix server.
      The other one from bunny does certainly have a different route.
      Not that it is any better with 80 average.
      If you search that exact adress, you get a bunch of people who complains about it, regarding other GF titles.

@Lord Fren
      We both know "T-Home" sux big time.
      But there are plenty of people who lags, and have never even heard of our country.
      Plus you've already said something very similar in one of my topics.
      I doub't anyone gets 10-20 ping to aion servers, mainly for the above mentioned reasons.

If anyone can do anything about this, it's GF.
      Since ISP's won't do anything about it.
      Telekom is famous for not caring much about the quality of their service.
      Sometimes you can't even reach certain forreign sites, like youtube.
      But i had this issue with my other connection as well, "digi".
      It's a joke that we get better pings, even to French gameservers.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Helkeheri ().

• I doub't anyone gets 10-20 ping to aion servers, mainly for the above mentioned reasons.

When there isn't much going on, my ping is around 16. During PvP it's usually 20-25. Haven't been to any sieges lately, it was usually around 40 in the past.
      But I live in a major city in Germany, so people from more remote places obviously have a higher ping.

Just my two cents :)

~Cyan
    • Helkeheri wrote:

It is highly unlikely that anyone can go under 40-50ms, as Germany has crap network, Click told ya as well previously.

1st of all you are badly mistaken the internet here is much better than romania overall and yes the entire countrly has 40-50 on average
    • Cyan wrote:

I doub't anyone gets 10-20 ping to aion servers, mainly for the above mentioned reasons.

When there isn't much going on, my ping is around 16. During PvP it's usually 20-25. Haven't been to any sieges lately, it was usually around 40 in the past.
      But I live in a major city in Germany, so people from more remote places obviously have a higher ping.

~Cyan

Your ping doesn't really change like that.

The higher your FPS is, the lower your ping is (down to a critical limit, or fastest possible).

The lower your FPS is, the higher your ping is.
    • Rym wrote:

Cyan wrote:

~Cyan

Your ping doesn't really change like that.

The higher your FPS is, the lower your ping is (down to a critical limit, or fastest possible).

The lower your FPS is, the higher your ping is.

Would you mind explaining this?

FPS and Ping are two different things (of course they can influence each other but that should only be minimal if everything runs fine). You can have a ping of 20 and 10 FPS if your PC isn't able to run a game. And you can also have 100 FPS and a ping of 200 if your connection has some issues (or you're uploading something). Since I experience the second example everytime I upload a video to YouTube, your theory doesn't really work.

~Cyan

PS: the numbers I gave in my post are accurate.
    • @Cyan: When asmo appear near to you, you get a spike, your FPS drop and your PING goes up, isn't? (simple example)
      When you are on Esterra/Nosra base a lot of people around get some spikes, your FPS drop significally from 60-80 to 20-30, and your PING goes up again(another example)

Doesn't matter what config for your PC you got(Nasa Computer or just a simple i7), because the game is too old and we don't have same configuration on client as NC Aion Korea got it.(smooth)