Make your server work properly

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I whant to point out ..what I tried to point from the start of this thread that I tested my ping on that program seen in my post and From where I live to Frankfurt I get 40ms ping....So i dont think is normal to have from Frankfurt-->Aion Server an increase of Atleast 80ms.....To Resume an add up some other ping test that I did....
      <>Romania-->Frankfurt 40ms (800 miles)
      <> Frankfurt-->Gameforge server 90ms ( 61 miles )
      <> Romania --> New York 118 ms( 4650miles )
      <> Romania -->Gameforge server best ping 124ms ( 861miles )
      <> Romania -->Kazahstan 137ms ( 2450 miles )
      How come when I was playing B & S did not had this ping issue?
    • I only see one winmtr that is from you, and you are going through that same decix server.
      The other one from bunny does certainly have a different route.
      Not that it is any better with 80 average.
      If you search that exact adress, you get a bunch of people who complains about it, regarding other GF titles.

I actually go through the exact same routing, even with my new connection. I can make an mtr, but since I use powerline it will give some bad results (at the moment I'm having some problems on the first node outside ISP network, so my ping is higher by 20-25)

Also, if you really are interested into those old tracerts, I've a copy somewhere, and I'm sure I can find it
      Tho is really funny I get 10 ping increase for less than 100km of cables in the last node :thumbdown:
      Aphrodiiitee - Level 65 Deyla Asmo Bard
    • t0re wrote:

Helkeheri wrote:

It is highly unlikely that anyone can go under 40-50ms, as Germany has crap network, Click told ya as well previously.

1st of all you are badly mistaken the internet here is much better than romania overall and yes the entire countrly has 40-50 on average

If the entire country has 40-50 ping, the network is crap.
      Your internet isn't better, it's more accessible. If your entire country has 40-50 average, there is something sup
      er wrong there. Especially if even my ping wasn't above 50 back in the days. Before i started to have 150 by default.

@Tasmya
      Don't bother, i went back to play Smite.
      Im prety lazy to find the old pics of my traces, but either v16 or v17 gave me 400-500 pings.
      And had constant 150+ ping.

Incidentally they also had this issue for a while.
      But it seems they managed to short it out.
    • wth are you talking about rly..which other country in europe overall have 40-50ping to GF servers tell me? (and no not talking in cmd but ingame)
      from here on cmd:

and from my hometown i have 1 extra hop which is like 4ms extra or so
    • Almost any country in europe?
      And the hop count, doesn't mean as much you think it does, for that distance.
      I think i also have 6 or 7 hops, router included.
      Plus the ingame pingtest is utterly useless.
      Do a winmtr with the value set to 1000, if you want to see actual results.

You are clearly missing the point, mate.
      Plus it is completely unrelated to the topic.

It's GF that is at fault, and partly the German network.

But if you think 40-50 ping is prety good for a germany - germany connection, i have bad news for you.
    • Rym wrote:

I don't post theories, I post facts.

youtube.com/watch?v=IeHjaELloX8&feature=youtu.be

OOOhhh I like that, it shows how your clients stuttering can increase the duration of responses on the communication packets between server and your client.

1 question for that: Did you simulate the low fps by removing the focus on the window or by actually downclocking your vcard? Because removing focus does not count, as it puts most of the clients into a state of "less activity"

-------
      Customer Support Directly: Reaching CS
      Read the Communitiy Guidelines for rules.
    • Lord Fren wrote:

Rym wrote:

OOOhhh I like that, it shows how your clients stuttering can increase the duration of responses on the communication packets between server and your client.

1 question for that: Did you simulate the low fps by removing the focus on the window or by actually downclocking your vcard? Because removing focus does not count, as it puts most of the clients into a state of "less activity"

You can see he clicks off his client because he thinks he is smart xD

but normally lowering fps does increase ping times
      twitch.tv/misto91 Come and have a look and listen to best singing cleric EU!
      youtube.com/misto9 Pve / pvp and random guides feel free to leave feedback or ask for a video :P
      facebook.com/Mistocleric Advising / videos to help the clerics of the future!
    • That's why I hope a German server will never merge with other countries.

I was in a guild on an English server with german players in the legion. We talked sometimes about my "reaction" time in some instances, those German players had a lot lesser ping than I had. Was like my cleric casts were cast with 1 or 2 sec delay. They had ping around 40, mine is normally 120-160. 8)
    • The game processes packet data once every frame. If you have 10 fps, then processing occurs 10 times per second (100ms between processing).

Processing occurs in the main Aion thread, which is unoptimal because main thread is already overloaded). But this is how Aion client works.

The ping you see in game isn't real Aion ping. For real ping, you should run

Source Code

1. ping -t www.aionfreetoplay.com
    • Misto wrote:

Lord Fren wrote:

Rym wrote:

You can see he clicks off his client because he thinks he is smart xD

but normally lowering fps does increase ping times

Downclocking the GPU or going out of window focus is identical in Aion's case.

The result is identical, you do know the definition of doing the same thing and expecting different results I hope.
    • Cyan wrote:

Rym wrote:

Cyan wrote:

I doub't anyone gets 10-20 ping to aion servers, mainly for the above mentioned reasons.

When there isn't much going on, my ping is around 16. During PvP it's usually 20-25. Haven't been to any sieges lately, it was usually around 40 in the past.
      But I live in a major city in Germany, so people from more remote places obviously have a higher ping.

Just my two cents :)

~Cyan

Your ping doesn't really change like that.

The higher your FPS is, the lower your ping is (down to a critical limit, or fastest possible).

The lower your FPS is, the higher your ping is.

Would you mind explaining this?

FPS and Ping are two different things (of course they can influence each other but that should only be minimal if everything runs fine). You can have a ping of 20 and 10 FPS if your PC isn't able to run a game. And you can also have 100 FPS and a ping of 200 if your connection has some issues (or you're uploading something). Since I experience the second example everytime I upload a video to YouTube, your theory doesn't really work.

~Cyan

PS: the numbers I gave in my post are accurate.
      I can confirm, better hardware makes the game ping less. I assume the game pings client reaction times rather than connection speed. My evidence is that after installing an SSD and 5.0 patch (which increased fps cap) I reduced my ping by 16.
      I also rely to the other user with the increasing ping while running, which is technically called "desynch".