Main concerns as a PvP player.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Main concerns as a PvP player.

Long time ago I suggested quests rewarding insignias of honour to promote PvP and finally after some time they got implemented as an event and now permanently. As an experienced player since 2009, I feel like this is what needs to change for a better and more balanced pvp.

1- BMR aka balaur marching route: Horrible instance that works in korea because they have a proper matching system and it results in pure pvp fights, obviously its not always like this in korea either, but the new instance design is really poor and not suited for PvP. I'd suggest putting old JMR back, a lot of groups including mine stopped going BMR-JMR because the instance is horrible...

2- MMR aka match making system: as much as you guys try to say you have the same system as korea/NA, we clearly don't, it takes 5 mins watching a korean streamer to see he needs 5-6m to get an entry because it searchs for similar rating players resulting in better and more interesting fights, this would also benefit randoms because its not fun applying as low geared player and meeting a really good premade. Change this asap, don't deny obvious things.

3- Runatorium Ruins: first of all it needs 2 Entries not 1 and second of all the mechanic needs to be fixed when people leave and you get no chest, also when no one enters and as soon as gate opens you win but get no chest.

4- Ashunatal dredgion: Simply not good enough rewards for people to go, people only join to do the food quest and instantly leave, we need either honour points or some kind of chest like runatorium and some reduction of mobs, and it would be an amazing instance.

5- PvP hotspots: The current pvp hotspots are literally right outside the cities ( nosra and esterra ) resulting in very big zerg fights and guard huggers, not fun. This can't be fixed that easily, but still a problem for people that like open world.

6- Master server: Another hot topic, as a business model you guys are probably really happy with how aion is doing, but for passionate pvpers the game has lost many places/instances to find decent pvp at and master server with some adjusting ( Not literally copypasted from korea ) would be AMAZING and would bring old players back for sure.

I'm probably forgetting things I don't want to make this too long, but this is basically my opinion on what should be addressed and changed.

PS: Fix your ranking system, I'm at 1800 kills in the event and I have way more, it's delayed by like a day or 30 hours atleast, and if kills won't update before event ends it's gonna be a fail because we won't get rewards for 1500-1700-2000 kills depending on the player

The post was edited 2 times, last by [NICK]kartennnn ().

• Agree on most of it. I still think OW is kinda dying part of the games though. OW is based on rifting and killing mostly ppl that are questing. That's why hotspots are near the town mostly. OW rarely is fair and it's losing its attraction on other old games aswell. These new PvP quests should make OW more alive now so there's some changes atleast. No idea how u can change the hotspot unless u change quests/events to apply only some areas of the map and that could be rather difficult. However Aions grp PvP is a part where Aion shines the most and boosting this content would be really nice.

I don't personally believe in master server as I have difficulties to keep up with current updates and don't think its worth to spend any resources there. MMR is pretty broken though and should be looked into. One of THE MOST frustrating and demotivating is when u can't find matching ppl to fight against. Constantly getting bad grps raises questions if it's worth to gear up since u never even get to use it properly.
    • [NICK]kartennnn wrote:

1- BMR aka balaur marching route: Horrible instance that works in korea because they have a proper matching system and it results in pure pvp fights, obviously its not always like this in korea either, but the new instance design is really poor and not suited for PvP. I'd suggest putting old JMR back, a lot of groups including mine stopped going BMR-JMR because the instance is horrible...

Why dont I see any your post here? Dont forget to support dis
      Jmr 61-75

[NICK]kartennnn wrote:

2- MMR aka match making system: as much as you guys try to say you have the same system as korea/NA, we clearly don't, it takes 5 mins watching a korean streamer to see he needs 5-6m to get an entry because it searchs for similar rating players resulting in better and more interesting fights, this would also benefit randoms because its not fun applying as low geared player and meeting a really good premade. Change this asap, don't deny obvious things.

And here
      Elo/mmr system in Aion

[NICK]kartennnn wrote:

3- Runatorium Ruins: first of all it needs 2 Entries not 1 and second of all the mechanic needs to be fixed when people leave and you get no chest, also when no one enters and as soon as gate opens you win but get no chest
      4- Ashunatal dredgion: Simply not good enough rewards for people to go, people only join to do the food quest and instantly leave, we need either honour points or some kind of chest like runatorium and some reduction of mobs, and it would be an amazing instance.

Ye, these issues are still actual. Interesting, do koreans run this Adred at all? It is such a crap

Anyway, here only +1 to everything
    • Kegi wrote:

Agree on most of it. I still think OW is kinda dying part of the games though. OW is based on rifting and killing mostly ppl that are questing. That's why hotspots are near the town mostly. OW rarely is fair and it's losing its attraction on other old games aswell. These new PvP quests should make OW more alive now so there's some changes atleast. No idea how u can change the hotspot unless u change quests/events to apply only some areas of the map and that could be rather difficult. However Aions grp PvP is a part where Aion shines the most and boosting this content would be really nice.

I don't personally believe in master server as I have difficulties to keep up with current updates and don't think its worth to spend any resources there. MMR is pretty broken though and should be looked into. One of THE MOST frustrating and demotivating is when u can't find matching ppl to fight against. Constantly getting bad grps raises questions if it's worth to gear up since u never even get to use it properly.
      ^ ^ ^ thissss
      I enjoyed OW and rifting a lot as a low lvl, but back then you didn't quite have the gear stomp you have now and 1 or 2 people jumping you while questing was interesting, now it's always 5 people or more (a situation where you have no chance basically), plus the massive gear difference between casual players and people who grind/pay a lot... yeah it's just not fun anymore.

I was hoping A-dred would revive group pvp but it was just a massive disappointment that nobody runs because it just takes forever and you get randoms anyway. Bmr just sucks, end of story.

I would really love to play aion a lot again but rn there isn't much incentive to as very few from my fl and legion log outside of runatorium time ;(
    • As a PVE player, I agree with a lot of what was posted.

The match making for sure is very random. Know idea how this can be improved but yes somethings needs to be done here.

JMR I did because win or lose I got AP/honour points. Why are they needed for a pve player.... because pvp gear can give better defense when attacked in open world when trying to do other things.

My experience of pvp is.. attacked while killing a mob. oh, mob is dead why am i still losing hp.. oh asmo by which time I have lost most of my hp and panicking looking for what skill I should use, heal, shield or attack. (yes I am really bad at pvp) The other senario is, stunned, silence, sleep etc. Dead. So yes, I would be one of the guard huggers or just run and go somewhere else. I have had times when I have been able to have a battle with someone, still got killed but did not feel so bad. OP characters that kill in seconds give no incentive to others to even try pvp. Do not know how this can be improved, some people are just very good at duels and pvp some like me are not so good and avoid it.

I am not against pvp in game but I do think that high levels going into low level areas is a big no no. If i am gathering as a high level and a low level attacks me, I block attacks, heal.. maybe put one or two hits hoping they will get the message that it is a bad idea to attack me. Seems wrong to kill low levels in unfair fight. Will be the same for high level officers against ungeared lower level groups in instances

Just some insight into what keeps pve players away from pvp areas
    • Desperation wrote:

[NICK]kartennnn wrote:

And here
      Elo/mmr system in Aion
      [quote='[NICK]kartennnn','index.php?page=Thread&postID=301678#post301678']
      3- Runatorium Ruins: first of all it needs 2 Entries not 1 and second of all the mechanic needs to be fixed when people leave and you get no chest, also when no one enters and as soon as gate opens you win but get no chest
      4- Ashunatal dredgion: Simply not good enough rewards for people to go, people only join to do the food quest and instantly leave, we need either honour points or some kind of chest like runatorium and some reduction of mobs, and it would be an amazing instance.[/quote]
      Ye, these issues are still actual. Interesting, do koreans run this Adred at all? It is such a crap

Anyway, here only +1 to everything

nonexistent wrote:

Desperation wrote:

Jmr 61-75
      And here
      Elo/mmr system in Aion

Agree, all these things were discussed already. Use provided topics, no need to write one more wall of text.
      Yeah my bad, I don't usually read the forums too much, only when I see an important post/suggestion linked on facebook or when I want to give my feedback