5 months past since 5.0

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 5 months past since 5.0

As the subject already says: 5 months past since we have 5.0+ on eu servers.
      How happy are u with the current content? What you dont like?

As for me, im really happy with the current content.
      Finally we could start progressing our chars again after a long 4.x patch period. Start of 5.0 and 5.1 allowed me to make alot of kinah in just a few weeks. Lvling isnt that terrible below lvl 73 especially with rift of oblivion since 5.1 patch. One of the biggest fears, that ppl couldnt play their alts anymore, was removed with rift of oblivion, arena gear and runatorium ruins accessories. Gear is easier than ever to get. Nosra and esterra are well crouded.

Unfortunately i have to admit that theres some (personal) downsites with the patch as well. Few of my friends kinda stopped playing the game after hitting level 71+ because they just saw to less progress, while some of them are already worried about 5.3 patch with breaking ap gear/accessries/weapons.
      Bmr/kamar/swb pvp is nearly not runned on antri ely side.
      The pve content is nearly not used at all. Its really hard to motivate ppl to do any kind of group pve.

addendum: I also think gameforge is doing a great job lately. Updates are coming faster and the communication with the community works better. Surely they also got some flaws like the gp issues before 31.12, atreia pass and that usueless daily luna craft but afterall i see alot of improvement.

Thats it from my side for now, wanna hear your thoughts :thumbsup:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kadex ().

• Almost half a year passed and there are only two lvl 75 people on my server. 50% XP boost is a joke at lvl 73+. Everything is forcing you to buy Rift of Oblivion reset scrolls, XP amulets, stars etc, otherwise you're stuck. You'll get rekt in Runatorium and arena by elemental xforms. Then you go and do some pvp in Nosra/Esterra and find lvl 71-72 bot swarms, farming around using invisible status, cause GMs log in only once per decade to give out some candies. You might drop a desired mythical weapon and break it not even passing +5. You buy 80 goldpacks in order to make your character competetive, but the company fails to deliver bonuses in time and you know for sure the value of compensation won't be more than 1 euro. And after all this most of players question themselves: "why am I still playing this bs?" Too much p2w content and even more inc in 5.3-5.5.

Now the good things. Making kinnah is easier (sell arena gear, runatorium accs). Developing character using creation points is also a nice feature, giving players more flexibility. Hero Trials system is a good idea, but make new quests and increase the reward (for example: kill an enemy and survive with less than 100 hp; or escape from a zerg, using Nosra/Esterra flight transport 5 times etc).
    • My POV at 5.0+ I will devide in to this:

Pros:

Creation points are really nice addition, it makes characters to be more...unique, because you can improve it many ways, combine it with new manastones and you are good to go :) Next one is the fact, that the gear is tradeable, so everyone has access to it and gearing alts is much easier. I have to say, that the new arena entry system is better then tickets...bcs now you can decide when to go without worrying about expiracy time. :) Luna shop brought us free way for nice costumes, which I appretiate aswell. RoO made leveling easier, its fun to try the eforms so you know, what awaits you in your 75lvl.

Cons:

Even tho I said leveling is easier, it is still pain. If you dont have buffs, it is low progress even on 70-. I am currently on my way to 69 (havent got time to play and also didnt know on which char to focus) and when I take in the fact that xp boost will end today...it will be boring like hell and I dont want to imagine what is coming next :/ The other thing I really started to almost hate, is the recruitment for even Adma or ELL to be 70+? Like, why? That instance is done in few minutes even on my lvl, it is only on ppl if they know how to click on the skills...nothing more...so...it is stupid. Since I have never been in LoK or GoK, cannot tell if the 70+ is needed there or not, but I think that probably yea...but for ELL and Adma...its just ridiculous :/

Endnote:

So, it is kinda...more pros then cons, ofc, the bugs with Atreia Pass and Luna Shop has to be fixed...with compensations ofc...I think that 100% XP boost should be permanent, those on low levels will have it faster and those in the 70+ will have more motivation to continue. Also, there is a huge potential in HeroTrials, it is nice thing, even tho rewards takes reaaaaally huge amount of time to come but at least they wont end in abyss :D Adding more variety of quests would be nice...also maybe some...longer quests f.i. in this week you can gather something and in different amounts of that item you will recieve different level of reward :) And I think that Happy Hours for AionCoins should be more often aswell. You know, ppl like special offers ;)

For the real ending :D Have fun and enjoy the game :)
      "Friend in need is friend indeed."

:thumbsup: Slovakia FTW :thumbsup:

Facebook page
    • Exp is still super slow and does not feel really rewarding, I've been doing my daily rift and hell pass since available and only got one boost from buying 6x scrolls + apple for 300kk from another player (which gave me 20% of level 70) and finally got to 71 1/2; I could've maybe reached 72 but that's it, if you want to progress at a decent rate you must buy stuff from the shop or invest alot of kinah. But I refuse to give various hundreds of € to do something that should be basic in an MMO: exping. Seriously it feels decent only with lodas + amulet + event all together.
      Yeah I know now someone will say "omg lul im 75 without a single € spent :rolleyes: ", I bet you grinded elites 24 hours a day for that sweet 10% tops extra daily exp :thumbsup:
      Level 75s have started to appear more and more, ruining pvp istances with transformation.

Gearing up, at the moment, is quite decent except for weapons. There seems to be no market for higher level weapons so most people are stuck with 70 or at best 74 weapons; if by chance you find a good 77 or even 80, it explodes. This will change in 5.3 with the new abyss set that while being super expensive will still be breakable, something that completely ruins the core experience of Aion: making that abyss pvp set to compete with other players. I don't think that gambling on this kind of set is rewarding for the player, so I have no idea why it will work this way.
      I hope medals will be tradeable or people will use new abyss in 2019. One of the main sources of medals was SWB which will still give ceraniums if I'm not wrong, so it will be even slower than before.

That said arena 70 gear seems doable for starters, which is good.
      Going +20 on anything still seems impossible to me, only whales or extremely lucky players have +20s. I personally tried 14x wings, my best was reaching +17 once.

In the end, I kinda dislike this patch mostly because of how unrewarding is the leveling up experience.
    • With the exception that i'm struggling with when to do stuff since different friends i am playing with for different stuff started doing what they're doing more and more at the same time so i have to be choosing and not doing everything i want and can all the time, the 5.0+ patch and especially 5.1 seems pretty cool to me , while i was focused a bit more on leveling my main in the begining, stopped doing that later on as i decided that i still wanna play all my toons so i started gearing all of them once again, seems fun doing multiple RTs and having moderate gear for all. And honestly the leveling doesnt scare me at all after seeing how it is it seems with the right timing of using your kinah to boost yourself further its pretty much possible to get to 74/75 relatively fast (ofc u need to be focused on that one task). Yes my main is still 72 but after estimating that i can make up to 25% for a day if i push hard, i'm not scared about that anymore. I prefer enjoying the game instead tho.
      I find 1 thing to be a bit dull tho. People that are entirely focused on pvp get bored a bit, as well as Ppl focused entirely on pve. On the other hand ppl who like both aspects are mostly having good time on the current content.
      Also to those ppl that play 1 char only and are still 71/72 what i have to tell you all is none of u is doing any pve whatsoever (and no i am not talking about grind) otherwise u'd be minimum 73 by now.
      Files
    • t0re wrote:

Also to those ppl that play 1 char only and are still 71/72 what i have to tell you all is none of u is doing any pve whatsoever (and no i am not talking about grind) otherwise u'd be minimum 73 by now.
      sure :thumbup:
      also
      i can make up to 25% for a day if i push hard
      you forgot to mention with aion shop
      Files
    • t0re wrote:

Well just think it carefully what u've been doing so far each day on pve :D

:D

rift and hell pass (also with event running), for a wopping total of 3 or 4% ? should I do 12 hours of grinding, but you said you did not take that into account. "Event" quests? :D could do 2 a day cause I play only in the evening, reaching 4 - 5% instead of 3-4 :D

:D
    • It's gotten hard for me to log and do the daily exp/ap/kinah chores like rift/swb etc. :<

game feels straight-up dry with no new content, now or in the future. no wonder korean players are quiting.

5.3 will be fun to play for some time (unless we/me end up rage quiting cuz of the AP gear xD) , but overall, seeing 5.5 patch, dont think this game will hold my interest too long after 5.3, unless aion devs stop wasting their budget on pretty useless 2h long instances and start making some fun and enjoyable pvp/pve content.
      Files
    • Nuke wrote:

you forgot to mention with aion shop

well i meant buying stuff from shop with kinah, its possible that every few days the farmed kinah can be turned into xp.

as for the other response, i meant doing admas/labs/lok/arkhal which believe it or not all together give u considerable amount as well.

Nuke wrote:

reaching 4 - 5% instead of 3-4

well thats 20-25% more overall :P
      But dont get me wrong i am not doing all those myself as its boring and i prefer palying many chars , i'm just saying if soem1 wants to its not rly a problem.
    • My chanter finally reached 72 this morning, leveling feels very dull and slow doing the exact same stuff everyday, and as other rmentioned please make instances that u don't need hours to finish.

I hope they reduce the exp needed for 75 soon.
    • I'm quite happy with focus on lvling rather than endles gear chase atm, but the lack of 6v6 pvp instances is a huge letdown to me as that's the aspect of the game that pulled me in in the first place.
      I miss my 3 pvp dredgions a day or at least jmr + runatorium ;(
    • -1 to TS about its easier to get gear.
      It never was so difficult to get new weapon (besides rune tribe +10).
      Also I dont approve GameForge's work.
      The only 2 fine things they did during 5 months: Hero Quests and 8kills+27mobs static quests (if no static, there would be just 1 fine thing). But about rest: they dont hear any of my suggestions that I wrote in support (real suggestions that worry many ppl, not my personal whimsy. Its the worst pvp instances ever bmr/adred, its elo/mmr system, its xforms in pvp instances, its no reward for runat leaving (lol, was fixed it 2+ months after got problem? not talking about animation of skills/not working LFG/bug with scrolls after Luna instances and another things). No any reaction to community whines about it.

not necessary to read next:
      short opinion:
      Lvling isnt hard, but the issue is 75 brings a lot of disbalance (xforms in pvp instances/arenas/1v1 - one of reasons why i think to quit).
      Less pvp content than before (than 4.5-5.0), but also its antri community fault as TS said (here+1), not only NCSoft (2nd reason why i think to quit).
      P2W is on apogee. Will be in 5.3. Everything is tradeable - ppl just buy and do gear +20-25/jewels +7-10. Everything fails af. I dont know how simple players get and enchant their gear truly. But difference between p2w 75 players and simple 70-74 gamers will be even more than now (3rd reason to quit).
      p.s. tbh main reasons to quit are still class disbalance and rng of godstones :D But it isnt about topic.
    • 5 months.. where did the time go?

Like t0re I like to play more than one character so my highest so far is Bard 71, Cleric 70 and Sm 69. If I played just one I would get bored repeating the same things every day with same character.

I love armour being tradeable, I do not have to rely on getting into group and running instances to get armour, so much easier when they drop in open world. I do not stress myself with endless grinding for xp. I love the cash quests and do them when I can, they are guaranteed cash for gold pack.
      I like the luna cube, instance in there is something different to do and saving the rewards to craft useful things.
      The morphing of ancient coin gear to mythical is great. Shame it loses manastones and skin when morphing, but I can live with that.
      Hero quests- pvp spy quest and hero quests I have never done. The solo ones give a nice little reward and achieved just by daily playing.
      Love the breaking down of armour for powder and crafting stones.

Things not so good:

HD Armour breaking when enchanting, for that reason I do not enchant HD gear. Maybe when I have replacement and can socket it I will try (before I socket it) at the moment for me gear being tradeable is better then not breaking.
      Taking a long time to complete a simple quest because many others are doing same quest or bots are killing the mobs. I do appreciate bots can be useful to the economy but they should not cause problems to others
      Sometimes it feels like I am an asmo magnet. When I run into them everywhere I try to go I give up and go to 65 alt and gather/craft until they go to bed.
      The new JMR etc I have not done.
      Other players attitudes, there are some really great people that are very helpful and then there are some that are holyier than thou and flame at others if something goes wrong then they wonder why people do not join groups and allicances to do instances/sieges.

Overall I like the content. I would like to see some solo options in some instances.. no timers.
      Files
    • esset23 wrote:

Almost half a year passed and there are only two lvl 75 people on my server.

It means that there is only 2 average player on the server, and the rest is casual.
      Since they estimated that, the average player will be 75 in 6 months by just grinding.

I personally lost the feeling of achievement with gear falling in every corner. Even if the chance to break it is kinda high.
      Files
    • Desperation wrote:

-1 to TS about its easier to get gear.
      It never was so difficult to get new weapon (besides rune tribe +10).
      Also I dont approve GameForge's work.
      The only 2 fine things they did during 5 months: Hero Quests and 8kills+27mobs static quests (if no static, there would be just 1 fine thing). But about rest: they dont hear any of my suggestions that I wrote in support (real suggestions that worry many ppl, not my personal whimsy. Its the worst pvp instances ever bmr/adred, its elo/mmr system, its xforms in pvp instances, its no reward for runat leaving (lol, was fixed it 2+ months after got problem? not talking about animation of skills/not working LFG/bug with scrolls after Luna instances and another things). No any reaction to community whines about it.

not necessary to read next:
      short opinion:
      Lvling isnt hard, but the issue is 75 brings a lot of disbalance (xforms in pvp instances/arenas/1v1 - one of reasons why i think to quit).
      Less pvp content than before (than 4.5-5.0), but also its antri community fault as TS said (here+1), not only NCSoft (2nd reason why i think to quit).
      P2W is on apogee. Will be in 5.3. Everything is tradeable - ppl just buy and do gear +20-25/jewels +7-10. Everything fails af. I dont know how simple players get and enchant their gear truly. But difference between p2w 75 players and simple 70-74 gamers will be even more than now (3rd reason to quit).
      p.s. tbh main reasons to quit are still class disbalance and rng of godstones :D But it isnt about topic.
      You think that gear gap is big or getting bigger?

Remember when you had to buy TRADEABLE serums to enchant abyss Accs?

+9 whales vs +2+3 average player?

being 2 shot without even aionscript?

I went from +2 accs to +6 and WOW !! It made a world of difference!!

Whales will have +9 and guys with mere 3-4 of 70lvl veteran accounts like me will afford +7 easily!

Gear gap got smaller and will limit the whales to extreme rarity to enchant new 5.3 gear

My char can give any NON CHEATING guy a run for his money (maybe not sin lol)

Before 5.0 10 billion would have NOT made any difference

Now I have +6 accs

Thats more than decent
    • Ppl enchanted abyss accessories with VR serums, now they enchant runatorium with VR serums. The difference only is some (not eveyone is rdy to trust sellers; some part of ppl already have 80 GPs and proly dont need to buy serums; the most of decent players already had +5+6+7 jewels before 5.1 was up) ppl can buy VR serums from another players to enchant their jewels. Anyway, you can consider here I agreed with you.

And I mostly was talking about 75 and non 75 players. To lvl up 75 now you need to pay. Once you are 75, it doesnt matter if enemy has +6 jewels like you, you defeat him with fireform in arena (you can just go 1 arena per hour, nothing special), in runatorium (still makes high advantage to have fireform for sm/sorc/another non-support class) and another instances (fireform makes difference even if you farm world boss with alli, it indeed helps much to shorten terms of farm boss, and not only fireform, just 75 lvl helps a lot there).
      75 lvls are capable to use OP bygone weaps with min restrictions. Also some another weaps with less restrictions like LoK weap without reduction, 75(77) world drop, apolon, craft 75+ and so on. And 75 ap set (i was talking about 5.3 also). Dont pay attention only to jewels.