Aion streamer got partnered with Twitch

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Revansch wrote:

Congrats!

But, what does it mean "got partnered with Twitch" :D
      He can start getting some money from subscriptions and advertisements. Nevertheless it won't be much, because Aion isn't enough popular game. Also his livestream will have better quality thanks to constant transcoder. You can check all benefits here: twitch.tv/p/partners

Gameforge has power to increase Aion popularity on Twitch. Every time when we had big patch maintenance, GF livestream was reaching up to 5k viewers and Aion was instantly going up in game ranking on Twitch. If they made livestreams more often, if they promoted Aion streamers a little bit, it would change Aion popularity on Twitch. And You know how it works, more viewers = more potential new players = more income for publisher.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Livo ().

• Ah, okay, thanks for explaining it like "for dummies" :D I am not experienced in Twitch at all, so yeah, its really great then! :)

Advertisment is power, no matter ho stubborn some ppl are, you can have perpetum mobile but if noone knows it exists, its useless.

I think there is still a lot more potential how to increase population of Aion, especially when the newcomers wont be affected by nostalgic feeling of veterans :) Now, when there is this 5.0+ patch, its even better to use the chance to attract new ppl :) Livestream more often would be one of the means for that. :)
      "Friend in need is friend indeed."

:thumbsup: Slovakia FTW :thumbsup:

Facebook page
    • I think the problem with aion on twitch is not that GF is not "promoting" people but because it's a boring game to watch.

Let's compare it to let's say b&s.

1. In b&s you can PVP all day long on the arenas. For some people, this might be interesting. You can't do that in aion as all instances have an entry limit. Koreans found a workaround for that by sharing accounts (tho this might become an issue once they disable the OTC) but you would get banned for that here, not to mention the number of tickets because someone stole something.

2. You can do any instance as many times as you want in b&s. Again, this is not possible in aion for the same reason. entry count, and because our instances are kinda long and boring. Even the hardest, presumably the most interesting instances are boring. Piton is nothing more than pew pew, go back to jotun. pew pew, go back to jotun. for almost and hour, and you can't "entertain" your viewers by talking in the meantime because you need to focus. Who wants to watch that?

3. Open world pvp in aion. This content is usually avoided by b&s players.
      90% of owpvp in aion is running around. 9% of the remaining 10% is either getting zerged, zerging or killing people that have no intention to pvp because of many factors like not being interested in pvp at all, level/gear difference, etc.
      Again, who wants to watch someone running around and occasionally seeing a 5s fight? Maybe if aion was created on a better engine and you could at least appreciate the graphics. But you can't, because let's face it, aion looks ugly.

4. And the last thing that makes me personally watch some streams from time to time. Updates/new content.
      Obviously, this doesn't happen on twitch, at least for me, as everyone there is already playing kinda old versions.
      Technically I can't even do that on afreeca because of the stupid resolution limits from the '90s that make me watch aion's UI and not the gameplay:

and it's not like koreans are not streaming to twicth with different settings, they usually just re-stream whatever they are streaming to afreeca.
      Do "normal" people watch aion on twitch to see new (for them) stuff?
    • You are right that it's mostly game design problem and condition that we were getting patches always last. Even if we are faster than NA it doesn't help much, because we are still few month late after KR and everyone checks new content on KR streams or just read your aionpowerbook. I'm just saying that GF still can help us a little bit. They have powerful social media channels with a lot of followers/subscribers. They could for example advertise some nice Aion videos made by their players on official website or post it on twitter/facebook.

cristalkr wrote:

1. In b&s you can PVP all day long on the arenas. For some people, this might be interesting. You can't do that in aion as all instances have an entry limit. Koreans found a workaround for that by sharing accounts (tho this might become an issue once they disable the OTC) but you would get banned for that here, not to mention the number of tickets because someone stole something.
      I don't agree with that one. We have training arenas without entry limits. Many players enjoy participating in Training Arena of Discipline. Some people were streaming it and getting opponents without waiting time. What's more usually opponents on training arenas are stronger than on normal one, making it even more interesting to watch (at least for me). Several times we had also organised Training Arenas of Chaos(FFA) / Cooperation(3v3) / Unity(2v2) or arranged PvP Dredgions / Runatoriums / JMRs. Is not a problem to prepare 8h stream with PvP only.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Livo ().

• I personally havent seen a single twitch stream from training arenas besides during some user-made events.
      Most people want to be rewarded for their time in the game. You get nothing from the trainings. So even if it does happen from time to time it's probably limited to few people so someone would be watching one person fighting the same people over and over again.
    • cristalkr wrote:

I personally havent seen a single twitch stream from training arenas besides during some user-made events.
      Most people want to be rewarded for their time in the game. You get nothing from the trainings. So even if it does happen from time to time it's probably limited to few people so someone would be watching one person fighting the same people over and over again.
      I guess You have never checked my stream when I was streaming in February - May 2015. I was making 8h streams at weekends. Starting from evening and finishing at night. I had plenty of different opponents on Training Discipline. And I wasn't only one who was streaming like this. I remember Nukey, Rinnie, Trixiie and many others players which I can't remind right now. Anyway even if some people need rewards, we have great opportunity for this after patch 5.0 and <Crucible Coliseum: Entry Scroll for the Arena of Discipline> from Veteran Rewards. You can find these reset scrolls even for 3kk on Antriksha. Make around 40 arenas, get Crucible weapon, sell it for 180kk, buy more scrolls. Thanks to this we are able to make Arena of Discipline with rewards all the time and even get small kinah profit.
    • I guess You have never checked my stream when I was streaming in February - May 2015.

noooo.. for a stream to be bearable for me, the streamer needs to talk, and he needs to talk a lot so i can actually alt tab and not watch the stream but listen to the person.
      If i remember correctly, you were just playing some music most of the time. If I wanted to listen to music, I would just go to pandora or Spotify.
      But that's just me. I probably shouldnt be taken as a representative of twitch viewers.

The post was edited 1 time, last by cristalkr ().

• maybe players dont stream training arenas, but they are still alive. but i have to agree, not so many ppl who plays fair here and with equal gear, so it is not so interesting sometimes. Arena doesnt get any progress by NCSoft - thats 2nd problem (the same locs, stupid togs and bridge loc where ppl fall down always - still the same problems, nothing is gonna be fixed). But first of all is low online ofc.
    • Livo wrote:

They have powerful social media channels with a lot of followers/subscribers. They could for example advertise some nice Aion videos made by their players on official website or post it on twitter/facebook.
      We also have A LOT of people making videos etc, to the point that I wouldn't be doing anything else all day long than watching videos (which, let's be honest, I'd love to but it's not possible)...
      If you guys, especially you guys with the shinny youtuber/streamer rank on the forum think something is worthy to promote give me a poke about it. I can't promise it will be done for everything you give me but you can always give it a shot. And if you are on Twitter, just mention @aion_freetoplay in your post and you'll most likely get an RT!