Accuracy vs magical accuracy

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Accuracy vs magical accuracy

Hello,
      I just recently started playing aion again and I had some questions.
      I am playing as a ranger and I was googling for some info to see what attributes are important. And then I wondered whether the bow attack skills (like swift shot or sleeping arrow) are counted as physical attack or magical attack (so accuracy vs magical accuracy)?
      Also, i found this at the aion game guide: "A high Magic Accuracy attribute is important for classes
      that inflict magical damage. Physical damage classes like the Ranger or
      Assassin, as well as the Chanter, receive little to no benefit from Magic
      Accuracy."

But then a lot of people still suggest to increase your magical accuracy, so I'm a little confused.
    • magic acc helps to land your debuffs with more chance (any skill with debuff like any traps, , and so on). But they have high base magic acc (each skill has his own magic acc also). Also higher magic acc increases chance to even STUN enemy (only stun, doesnt work for staggering). Also higher chance to land godstone (at least from old tests of GM). So, you need magic acc stat, but only some, not so much as you maybe have read. Try just to socket crit+17/mag acc or accuracy +4 stones (if new arena 70 set) full. Weap: try HP+95/crit. Just my opinion, but builds for rangers are very different
    • [NICK]elyanax wrote:

Hello,
      I just recently started playing aion again and I had some questions.
      I am playing as a ranger and I was googling for some info to see what attributes are important. And then I wondered whether the bow attack skills (like swift shot or sleeping arrow) are counted as physical attack or magical attack (so accuracy vs magical accuracy)?
      Also, i found this at the aion game guide: "A high Magic Accuracy attribute is important for classes
      that inflict magical damage. Physical damage classes like the Ranger or
      Assassin, as well as the Chanter, receive little to no benefit from Magic
      Accuracy."

But then a lot of people still suggest to increase your magical accuracy, so I'm a little confused.

Every physical class in the game has a skill that does physical damage and some kind of debuff or stun. The magical accuracy makes it easier for that debuff or stun to land on your target. In other words - thanks to the magical accuracy that skill does damage and debuff. Without magical accuracy you will do only damage.

Don't know which game guide you found, but next time just ask in the forums. Also, you are not the 1st one to ask about acc and macc, so next time - check the other topics too.