Ranger vs Gunner?

• Misc

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ranger vs Gunner?

I am trying to decide on a class to play. I generally dislike pure casters, especially if they're dot/pet-heavy like SM, and I want to play a ranged class - so I'm basically stuck between choosing Ranger or Gunner.
      However I've heard that no one really wants to take Gunners with them since they are lacking in the damage department anyway, which is kinda disheartening since I was somewhat leaning towards them.
    • gunners have pretty high dmg , dont know where you heard that they're lacking dmg, epsecially in pvp there is no other class with higher single target burst . Good thing about ranger is that u'd need only 1 main weapon, while as gunner u'll need at laest 1 main cannon and 1 main pistol . Ranger is rly anoying in terms of interupting casts , gunner is simmilar in that but its more of a CD related rather than weapon related. While both classes have many similarities but 1 is phys 1 is magic, the main difference comes with this the ranger is squishier but can privide slightly better support because of the traps.
    • all that t0re said + keep in mind that magical classes are more expensive in game. And not sure if the gunners have to weave/aac ? But for a ranger is a must. And its ping depending, so keep it in mind
    • I've played both and gunner is by far more fun and easy to play with. Both has fast range burst on 1vs1 although ranger can be more tactical , you must know when to hide, when to sleep opponent / in what order to use traps etc. Gunner is more of an easy arcade dps mode class. Plus gunner's damage skills are immune to both blind or silence. If i remember corectly blind can affect only the autoattacks. And silence affects buff skills but this is the same for every class.
      Legend of the Kaisinel Temple
    • ranger is harder to play. and more interesting. If you prefer smart gameplay, try ranger. Gunner is more universal vs all classes.
      Gunner was made fo easygame (I mean mostly for low-skilled players), but no one said that it has low dps. For example, for my pvp premade I would prefer gunner instead of ranger. He has much more single burst, he can hit in moving (very important) and has a bit more defensive abilities (gunners live in my groups longer than rangers cause of constant moving, 8sec defence buff and some vamp skills - not much, but better comparing to rangers).
      Also gunners usually do more dps in mass pvp. For example, in our last 24v24 pvp instance top dps were 6 glads, 5 sorcs and 5 gunners (gunners werent 12-16, they were mixed, 3rd, 5th, 8th for example)

In pve (solo and group) i think gunners and rangers are equal. Maybe rangers a bit better cause of traps and some more dps
      + that gunner is more expensive
    • Go with ranger, its rly stronk since 4.8.

Both classes are ok, and compliment each other. Gunner nukes plates hard, but very countered by msupr. Ranger nukes clothes and leathers harder, but is super weak vs plates.
      Ranger is tuned more towards CC, where as gunner has more survivability.

Gunner needs way too much gear to be able to compete vs soon 11 classes that can use msupr sets, ranger doesnt have those issues, simpleeee
    • t0re wrote:

Neverfelt wrote:

immune to both blind or silence

All cannon skills are magic , u cannot use cannon in silence
      all pistol skills are physical, u cannot use pistol in phys bind

I said "blind" not "bind". With revolvers skills are hybrid, sure bind can affect them, but you can still land them while being blinded, and you can still use them while being silenced. Although autoattacks with revolver while being blinded can be evaded if i remember corectly. With revolvers you dont have to worry about silence or blind, that's a lot of advantage.
    • Neverfelt wrote:

With revolvers skills are hybrid, sure bind can affect them, but you can still land them while being blinded, and you can still use them while being silenced. Although autoattacks with revolver while being blinded can be evaded if i remember corectly. With revolvers you dont have to worry about silence or blind, that's a lot of advantage.
      Nope, revolver skills and AA are magical, ruled by macc and only affected by bind except for retreat shot, which is intended as a phisical skill and subject to blind.
    • [NICK]souler1 wrote:

Neverfelt wrote:

With revolvers skills are hybrid, sure bind can affect them, but you can still land them while being blinded, and you can still use them while being silenced. Although autoattacks with revolver while being blinded can be evaded if i remember corectly. With revolvers you dont have to worry about silence or blind, that's a lot of advantage.

Nope, revolver skills and AA are magical, ruled by macc and only affected by bind except for retreat shot, which is intended as a phisical skill and subject to blind.

I'm failing to see your argument here. Guess you dont know what the word hybrid means. The whole class is hybrid. Bind is supposed to counter physical skills, but works vs gunner's "magical" skills too, so that makes these skills hybrid and not 100% magic. Plus what kind of magical skills they are if they are not affected by silence? And what kind are they if they are not affected by blind? Hybrid maybe?

• do ppl read previous posts at least before they post anything ? :D i mean rly..
      and to completely clarify, skills consist of 3 things - activation , type , debuff
      pistol are phys activation magic type and land magic debuffs
      cannnon are magic activation magic type and land magic and phys debuffs.
      Upon landing all parts of the same skill count as one therefore a single resist skill will resist both hit and debuff. And since the skills are magical even the knockback effect will not be landed if the skill gets resisted.
      Oh and to add for phys type skills if the hit lands then then the debuff can be resisted if its magic type and CANNOT be resisted if its phys type.

The post was edited 3 times, last by t0re ().

• I could ask you the same thing really, did you even read before you try to be smartass with me kiddo? And again with all this university paperwork you wrote, and without take into consideration the trollpic, in which part my sayings is wrong? You don't like the word "hybrid". All these you said about the "physical activation...blabla.. magical landing....blabla " skills thing can be describe it with one word to me = HYBRID. If you have any arguments you are free to tell me, if you have any more trollpics, you are free to shut them up your a..s. Always friendly :)
    • The same way YOU assuming now i wrote to YOU without me quoting your sayings, the same way i thought YOU wrote to ME without quoting my sayings, since our last posts is in order. Think of that ;)
    • Such drama over such a little detail.

All pistol skills are physical skills which inflict magical damage with special exception of the retreating shot skill.

- They are blocked by binds.

All cannon skills are magical skills which inflict magical damage.
      -Special exception: Silence Projectile can be used both with pistols and cannon, and is always considered a physical skill which inflicts magical damage and as such cannot be blocked by silence if you have cannon equipped, but can still be bound.

-They are blocked by silence.

Gunner is a sorcerer/assassin hybrid class.
    • [NICK]daishinkansama wrote:

Desperation wrote:

In pve (solo and group) i think gunners and rangers are equal. Maybe rangers a bit better cause of traps and some more dps

Ranger does not have as much PvE DPS as Gunner in any way, shape or form; Gunner is currently top tier DPS class, only comparable to Sorcerer and Assassin.

Dude, you cant be more wrong :)