So you want to Learn Ranger? (Guide)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New

JustQuestions wrote:

Guys you are awesome. thank you all for making it clear to me. I tried each and every class out there and nothing compares to the feeling I get while playing a ranger. all I've read on forums to date is whining and complaining, but according to the truth they're just bad players and that's it.
      With your support I'm more than ever motivated to become a master of this class. Cheers!
      Btw. The Gunner is upgrade Rangers, w/o bugs and mobility :P I recommend it to you. Even in PvE Gunner rox, Ranger suck...

Rip Rangers since 4.8 patch . Always in my heart.

(PS. I'll never come back to the Ranger :v)
    • New

Gunners are OP indeed. I have really hard time against those. Silence is useless against them as it counters only the cannon. They are more mobile than us indeed and more faster and since 5.* they do more dmg in PVE (they were kinda weak before 5.0) I think compared to the other magical classes they dont have that much magical accuracy (something like 2.5-.2.6) so maybe a MR set is an option ?
    • New

Weaving/AAC are not intended as well, but gladiators, templars, assassins, rangers even chanters are doing it. More than 50-60% of the dps assassins made for example is from weaving between skills.
    • New

gothicsammy wrote:

Isnt slideshoot a bug/glitch not intended by the developers? So to be a *good ranger* you need to bug the game because the class is that weak? SMH hilariuous.
      Just play some normal class that dont need a bug to be good at and to *reach their full potential* lol.
      Totally agree. This is pretty much sick that so "mobile Ranger" have to bug intention of developers. W/o it Rangers are more useless (If it can be more useless).

JustQuestions wrote:

[NICK]itzrafau wrote:

Btw. The Gunner is upgrade Rangers, w/o bugs and mobility :P I recommend it to you. Even in PvE Gunner rox, Ranger suck...
      Yeah I've tried it and for quite some time I've enjoyed it. problem is, I hate switching weapons every ten seconds, it's a no-go for me. Unless you could say that a Gunner is fine with just the dual pistols which I doubt so, especially endgame.
      JustQuestion, so be prepare to buff yourself every 5 skills, (Focused shots ) , every 60 sec Bestial Fury ( ) also wave ( cancel animation ) during dpsing/slide. Also prepare for using some other buffs in PvP like ( ,-to remove bestial , or manualy click on buff and "Remove Altered State" - anyoing. ) (A lot of keybinds required - to do slide shot, use traps, use buffs), why remove ur Bestial Fury? - cus of 15m distance with this skill on. Also prepare for using so powerfull TRAPS! with 10m range, gl using it with gunners, sorcs, bards w/o Dash , Evasion (dodge skill), Nimble Fingers (insta penguin on tha face!). [ If you are curious I can show you what keybind skills l I have.]

I think I would prefer to do a swap weapon (with very good burst) rather than the whole things i wrote before. And even with all this things i feel like a shitty useless class... ehh.. It seems easier to change weapon :/. No offence.

If you rlly decided to play as a Ranger, I wish you good luck and a lot of patience, and maybe think one more time about other classes :p. But if you have to check it anyway [like I had, I had to try it. I did and I give up unfortunately]. Ranger is too squishy class (squishiest in game) and DMG/Burst not compensate for being the most squish. Without any balance. Of course you will hear that he has CC skills, so much stuns, but nowadays, who doesnt? And you got no burst or heals, survi but other classes have it. When i play vs sin or sorc I always have to decide between this: Use remove shock and die cus of Aether hold? or Dont use it and just die... Try to silence Bard... ye gl hf. Try to burst Templar, Glad, Cleric, Chanter when they are now so tough. One more thing, kiting? Kiting sin? Srsly? Templar with his pulls? Glad - pissed HULK, with stretched weapons.. Chanter with heals, distance stuns, a lot of CC... 15 meter RANGE class... 15 METERS! Its no range :D. W/o Bestial ur dmg is funny. Each class can hold this no burst Ranger.. \ Also this and is bugged... srsly, you get some cc from nowhere , and you magicly back where you used it.. Kind of magic..

Or maybe im not so good with this class, Actually, I'm certainly not...
      Generaly I think it's the hardest class right now. (Im in the middle of changing class :p)
      Anyway I wish you a nice time with this class, if you decide to play it ofc :) HF, GL and be the best! :>. Play style of slideshot is amazing - i love it, so pro, but atm It is nothing, and nothing gives.. sad :/

(sorry for my English, Cheers! :))

Ps. All this is just my humble opinion of playing this class for about 5/6 years (?). All this above concerns after 5.0 patch... Before, Rangers was kind FINE and FUN! ~~not now... Rip class.

The post was edited 4 times, last by [NICK]itzrafau ().

• New

Hi mate, thanks for taking the time to write this. I've actually read it all, and it's very useful to me.

I can manage the lots of keybind as I have got a macro keyboard/mouse with lots of easy accessible keys to compensate. I can also manage to swap between different buffs/traps for different situations.

My only concern with the class has always been the slideshot. I will never learn it and so I tried to gather as many opinions as possible whether it's useful for me to invest time in a class which I will never unlock the full potential out from.

thanks to your reply my mind is a little less confused now! cheers
    • New

[NICK]itzrafau wrote:

And you got no burst or heals, survi but other classes have it
      it has burst like every other class does, with the only difference that ranger dmg doesnt get affected by uber msuppression + ele def like sorc/bard/gunner.

[NICK]itzrafau wrote:

One more thing, kiting? Kiting sin? Srsly? Templar with his pulls? Glad - pissed HULK, with stretched weapons.. Chanter with heals, distance stuns, a lot of CC... 15 meter RANGE class... 15 METERS! Its no range :D. W/o Bestial ur dmg is funny. Each class can hold this no burst Ranger.. \ Also this and is bugged... srsly, you get some cc from nowhere , and you magicly back where you used it.. Kind of magic..
      Yes kiting sin , i've seen the good rangers handling the sins perfectly well. Templar pulls can be resisted/blocked. Glad well u need to be careful with his CDs.
      Dmg w/o bestial Is not funny , dmg without Focused shot is.

As for the retreating skills they're pretty much like the skills half of the other classes have as well. They also experience the same issue, and its triggered by gettign affected by physical state cc right after usage of the skill. I even made example how this works in the sorc skill video with the blind leap

Saying the ranger is rly hard to play doesnt equal to the ranger being bad class on its own
    • New

@
      itzrafau
      No need to apologize for your English, its good enough. All what you have wrote is true 100% and every experienced ranger who played the class for years knows this.

The class just have too many issues, like having the longest animations out of all instant cast classes. Without bestial fury or mau form rangers attack speed is so slow, once again they need to use buffs to reach what other classes already have without any buff. Also they need focused shoots to even hit for something that can be comparable to other classes. Its just a pathetic class all together, dont make me even start on their nonexistent survivability.
      Rangers will always have a special place in my heart but its just not worth it anymore, i rerolled into sorc and i hope i will have more fun with this class, at least this class has high burst damage.

PS: Sorry for ranting lol.
    • New

I agree ranger is really hard class to play, but the fun I have with it I dont have with any other class in this game. It takes a lot of time to master, its frustrating that you are losing a lot of 1vs1, that in arena of glory we are first targets usually cuz easy points, etc etc ...but I doubt I will ever reroll to anything else. Not because I dont want to level again, or because of gear or something. Just this is my class and I am sticking with it and will keep practicing until I reach Emarosa level. I cant even imagine right now to beat level 75 xform :) But as you can see its impossible. Vespir I believe is just an alt right now, but the guy is good, knows what to do and makes amazing fights. There are a lot ranger videos in youtube in arena of gold or open world pvp or name it, many examples how with practice you can win against anyone. Its not easy with the other classes as well, maybe its easier but its not easy at all. @JustQuestions forget about that slideshot for now, practice in arena or duels against different classes, learn rotations i.e. burring silent arrow, knows when to use remove shock, experiment with stigmas (try Sky bound trap, after someone uses its remove shock its a win) etc, etc. Its hard without bestial fury, but after some practice I almost not using it anymore in pvp
    • New

I'm so looking forward to this

It's the new MAU form, it's TOGGLE and just requires around 50 DP to activate and then it drains 50 DP every 4 seconds if I am not mistaking.
      appearance :nothingtoseehere:

Now the bad: it's a lvl 74 skill so a looong way before i'll get it.

Edit: Please refrain from linking videos from private server - Sita
    • New

[NICK]itzrafau wrote:

One more thing, kiting? Kiting sin? Srsly? Templar with his pulls?
      Seem you havent seen decent rangers and didnt face bugs of these game.
      For some of them you can watch my gold arena videos. Almost in each video I have bugs with pull of templar like: it doesnt pull (ofc without shields/scrolls/dodge), you can speed down any part of video; it pulls, but doesnt paralize target. Furthermore, Calming Whisper buff gives hidden buff 50% chance to dont be pulled (you can test with any temp). And ofc you can protect yourself by proper timing of dodge/shield scroll. Kiting by ranger is the easiet cause of speed buff+dp buff+slow arrow. Ofc glad/temp have wings to remove it, but you always can lock it by silence arrow (silence+any debuff+slow arrow, for example). And need some attention to dont use this arrow in stubborn of temp. For other tips try to watch his channel by ranger 69 lvl and how he is kiting some plates