An honest opinion on the state of the game. (Warning wall-o-text! V_V)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [NICK]heeyitsme wrote:

To sum this wall of text up in one sentence:
      If you have 30 ways to fail at progressing you should have 60 ways to get back at that point and try again, ingame, without spending euros.

I've read the whole thread. I am a returning player, been playing on and off. Decided to get back to the game recently and it saddens me to see that the game has become so much p2w. It wasn't like this before. In my opinion spending euros should not be the main way of progressing. I personally wouldn't mind buying something now and then, but I don't like the notion that the shop is the only way to rely on in terms of good progress.

Most of the players are not "whales" and IMO this should be seriously understood by game's publishers. Those individuals who spend thousands of euros in the shop need a community and a player base, they need an environment in which to dwell, after all. If the "small fish" is happy and is growing (and this is done through providing reliable INGAME means of progress, no matter how long and grindy, but still rewarding) then large fish will also be happy.

Just my two cents.
    • Many of the problems are not GF's fault but NC's itself. This all started when they began scrapping things left and right with 4.7 onwards, first the old skill and stigma system, then katalam, then adding more items to be enchanted and then 5.0 with its endless grind and breaking gear. As it goes its not that the games simply hard anymore but completely broken in terms of mechanics.

GF realistically could do something about it tho, they mightn't control the patches but they certainly could do something about gear aquisition and certainly could rebalance the shop and ingame drops if needs be. That beginner pack is a really nice touch but the real problems is a new player doesnt just need pve gear but pvp gear too, the arena was supposedly meant to be the stopgap before endgame abyss gear with entry level pvp gear but the double whammy of breaking gear and extremely slow token aquisiton basically makes it a non runner. 5.5 brings 100% enchantment with suppliments and the use of kinah as well but this is too far away right now.

Realistically a number of things could be done to make the game more appealing,

1) Reduce the exp grind after 66, it just doesnt work expecially with recent changes, people arent gonna do the same stuff over and over without getting bored. Make instances give alot more exp so its worth doing them, Increase pve damage in them so people arent reliant on lvl70's or overgeared players just to do them.
      2) Make the lvl65 Abyss gear easy to aquire, Some may give out over this but to be honest people need an entry level set as we now have lvl70/75 abyss gear anyways. At least setting a minimum level ensures we got a baseline for pvp as we've all seen how easy it is to be destroyed in pve gear or patchwork stuff.
      3) Add daily rewards where doing adma for example gives an APES or Serums.
      4) Seriously rebalance the shop prices to more accurately reflect the items value, Sell costumes and older gear sets for a reasonable price, noones gonna criticise you on this as they're of no consequence or wont affect the balance of the game at 66+, Microtransactions should mean micro a euro here or there for some decent supply of consumables, pricing should reflect the ingame value and demand of the item, if the gold pack is the standard then pricing should reflect this, many times it hasnt as some items have ended up priced far above their actual ingame value. You want more people using the shop not using a few ridiculous spenders as a crutch to keep the game going.

Honestly I wish we could actually hear some feedback or something game's just wasting away from lack of love these days.....
    • Almost a week since this topic started with constructive feedback about game now all i would like to know is if our community manager will at least consider some of these ideas in order to make the game better to players? Would be nice if we could have communication with the community manager and the community manager with NCsoft to make the game enjoyable to everybody!

[NICK]heeyitsme wrote:

do you see the difference between patches 1.5-2.7 and 4.5-5.x? The game was hard back then aswell but we loved it for it. The RNG was always there, but there were only that much times you could fail before you finally get to +15 and that felt rewarding.
      I do see a big difference back then everybody could be geared playng for a resonable amount of time, we all could get at least +10 abyss gear, the gear wouldnt break, back then the items to maximize gear were available for all players not only for cash shop players (realize that 100kk for a Holy Upgrade Serum on broker or 119 Aion Coins 1 when u need them for feather\bracelet\helmet\necklace\earrings\rings\belt its impossible to farm enough kinah to do it ingame, lets talk about APES on my server they coast atm 80kk and u need them + supplements to make sure u have a good chance to enchant the new AP gear cause if u fail it gets destroyed this is simply not resonable) sure cash shop players would gear up faster but thats ok it was a reward to whoever spends money at aion, we wouldnt get "1 shot" by the good geared players because we have so many items increasing the gap between new\returning players\casual players and cash shop players, people actually had to work for their sets not just come put alot cash in the shop and be good geared without even have to work to get their armor\weapons! As i said on my previous post all NCsoft has been providing to Aion are ways to make pay-to-win more effective than ever! In another hand i've played Blade and Soul and i've seen a much better bizness model there and everybody can actually get good geared there without spend 1 cent in game! (I just hate the class balance before someone come tell me why im not playng there and iam here QQing)

The post was edited 2 times, last by [NICK]makaveliiiii ().

• Do you like this event? 28
        Yes (12) 43%
        No (15) 54%
        Dk/Dc (1) 4%
      Good morning ladies and gentlemen.

Please remain civil in the discussion, I´ve read in this thread a racist insult to another user and team insults. None of this is allowed. Just posting for the purpose of insulting someone can you get permanently excluded from the forums.

Thanks for your cooperation
    • Everyone seem to be on the same page when it comes to whats wrong with the game, I don't see many suggestions how to fix it though so I'll give it a try lol. Gonna split into sections.

1. About the lack of ways to make kinah ingame problem:

- Make crafting great again!
      Armorsmith - add ability to craft Makarna, Katalamize, AC (ET ones) armor pieces. Basically any PvE gear. Add ability to craft ABYSS 65 any rank, gold/ET/purple (you'd need gold to craft ET then purple etc). Lvl 70+ abyss sets remain for medals.
      Weaponsmith - again add ability to craft Makarna, Kata, AC weapons aswell as old abyss gear.
      Handicraft - same but for bows and staffs.
      Alchemy - alchemy needs a bit of nerf on the core consumable recipes, possibly revert them to old recipes especially for crit strike/spell scrolls.
      Same applies to crafting accs! Best pve accs->craft period.

*Basically make crafting worth it - the best PvE gear should be crafted (like in any other game duuh) not locked behind hundreds of RNG runs in some boring instance. Entry level PvP gear is a bonus.

- The recipes for these should include a lot of gatherable items (NOT RNG drop items) so the crafters would need the gatherers to gather them items -> gathered items prices will increase due to high demand -> another way to make money.

- GIVE BACK THE WHITE->GREEN->BLUE->YELLOW GRADES OF GATHERABLE ITEMS FOR FURK SAKE!

- MAJOR increase in omega/upgrade serum drop rates GLOBALLY for all mobs in new maps. As in -> 5% drop per mob for omegas, 10% for upgrade serums! Add 15% chance to yield omega stone when extracting armor for enchant powders. What the publishers/developers fail to understand is that these are core core consumables that everyone needs in the amount of HUNDREDS each person. The broker should have at least 200 of them up for sale 24/7. Competition will drop the prices a lot.
      The RNG factor will still keep 'everyone' from going +20 even if consumables are worth 10-15kk (even if they don't whats so bad about it? You added +20 gear might aswell let players actually achieve it?)

Increase even further Omega/Serums drops in instances, especially from bosses. Trash gear drops from instances aswell. The harder stars the instance has the better loot chance/table they have. Easiest ones will have barely any change to prevent OP classes from soloing them leaving plates in the dust.

- GIVE BACK ALL SUPPLEMENTS NPCs. Put two or three of them in Akaron camps, rest in Pangaea.

- Nerf the new crafting recipes/methods. Livo needed the entire legion's help to level his new craft thefurk?!

- Make most cash shop mounts and even some costumes craftable with the new crafting method.
      -----------------------------------------

2. Grinding
      - Increase weekly sell limit to 500 million kinah. MAJOR increase in trash armor/wep/accs drops (white,green ones) -->you can add trash gear drops into crafting recipes above<-- MAJOR increase in price of said trash gear on vendors. If you want to grind mobs for 2-3h you should get at least 30kk profit from it. Selling armors/weapons/accs to crafters would increase your profit and keep broker full.
      ------------------------------------------

3. Leveling

- Free 200% exp amulet per day for everyone! I don't give a furk about your income at this point Gameforge you survived 3 years before 5.0 without XP amulets on shop YOU CAN SURVIVE WITHOUT SELLING THEM NOW, STOP THIS GREEDY CORPORATE BS <- Coupled with the grinding buffs for moneymaking, it should net in a good profit aswell grinding that one hour, also keeps broker alive.

- 100% EXP every single weekend. Therefor remove all XP events as they will be obsolete.

- Increase elite mobs drop rate/table. White/green/blue trash gear pieces on every second mob! 10-15% on omegas and serums.
      -------------------------------------------------------------

4. Some quality of life PvP changes

- Major, MAJOR decrease in either augumentation/conditioning prices OR how fast they waste. Its BS that you loose more than you gain in owpvp. The next patches changes fix the rest.

- 100% increase in AP gained in owpvp. It should be the best way to farm AP like in the old days.

- Do not split AP while in group. Just decrease it from 100%(solo) to 80% (duo) to 60% (trio) to 40% (4+) and 20% while in alliance.

- Permanently remove AP cap in owpvp, leave cap for killing single targets only. Global AP cap is useless and makes NO SENSE.

*Overall better reason for people to go world pvp. It was and forever will be the best and most fun feature in Aion IMO.
      ------------------------------

There could be countless other changes to make the game better at this point but on top of my head these are the ones that would work best imo. Another small personal issue I have with this company:
      Fire EVERY SINGLE ONE of the support members in charge of the 'rules' and those who act on punishments unfairly.
      - Basically stop banning people for gliding down from a high spot if butthurts report them and then having to unban and apologize to them in support tickets when they prove their innocence.....
      - Stop banning people from PvP seasons without any proof whatsoever aside from a lot of people reporting them. A lot of people are always going to report you if you are better than them, they are just abusing the function. If they provide zero proof (recording how someone skips on attacking an asmo/elyos one time isn't proof) then even if the whole server reports you you shouldn't be banned..
    • Raiya wrote:

Honestly I wish we could actually hear some feedback or something game's just wasting away from lack of love these days.....

Waiting for a month on my thread :) Its like screaming in the desert and waiting for an answer. They dont really care right now as after the new patch the servers are more populated than before. The usual hype of course with every new patch. And I bet they made really good money with the bygone atreia wep in the shop.

@[NICK]heeyitsme

+ to all mate. Supporting every suggestion you made and I really hope they will listen. But as I said above ... I love aion, I am playing it for 6+ years .... and I hate that ncsoft are destroying the game and GF are just keep making money without a single effort to keep it alive. But hey ...6th of March Revelation online open beta starts :)
    • No you are wrong- 5'* is all about profit. Why do you think we are getting these patches so fast? Think back to when we were waiting months after NA to get updates and now - We got almost half a patch instead of waiting for it all to be finished, so the Bracelets could be introduced. So people could rush and use the shop to get their serums.

There are so many reasons why this game has issues, So many. It all boils down to how much money this game makes, although make no mistake this game will have a sell by date no matter how much money you choose to pump in pixels. Our 2 weekly maintenance is only the start, just as having a new game shoved in your face everytime you log in.

Another reason is the game itself - Now don't get me wrong- I have had to change my 'game plan' again and again but it is getting more and more annoying. From rifting to housing to Armour to feathers to stigmas to crafting to XP grind. I am getting Sick and tried of finding hard work pushed back at you, my annoyance on how I was treated at the merge will be a lasting memory.

However I have picked myself up, dusted my self off and re-worked my plan. For now. Until the Community start saying how crap the rune Armour is and how poor the new Arena stuff is. Until the community start to alienate and ultimately knock another nail in, since unfortunately that is all new comers will have to look forward too. At the least the new AP harp is attack speed :D and my Bard is a very happy lady once again.

And the worst thing? No matter how much we say something is wrong, somehow, somewhere , people will post everything is OK. Why are we moaning? flaming and trolling.
      And that in a nut shell is the issue.
    • I think the only valid influence GF has is increasing the xp income aka the leveling speed. Everything regarding gear won't cut it.

Currently casuals not only face the gear wall they also face the "level" wall.

I also think enchanting is slightly overrated considering that we have so many other factors like enchanted jewelry, feather etc. new manastones. I've seen tomes/orbs with full power +7/+8.

We already have the hero trials but they are just a rain drop in the ocean...

Change the +20% amulet into a 100%. Increase the amount of stars and teas that can be earned.
      Far away...
    • Hi,

I just want to add my opinion here and lates exp I had.
      I used to p2w because i could afford it.. but after the latest updates it's not p2w but pay2lose. it does not matter how much you invest you end up with nothing.
      I used 25mil AP and a LOT of Spinels only to get weapons. Well I lost them all and never went over +13. So everything I collected over 1 year ()I mean AP) and medals are gone in the wind. also the $$$ I invested to get enough APEs and serums.
      Aion has become a money sucking platform with nothing in return.
      I see everyone saying that p2win here pay2win there.. but even the pay2win people I know rage quieted already. Why to pay hunderts of Euro into a game where the armor and weapon can brake so easy and at the end you have less money in your account and no armor/weapon. I guess it is better to invest in Fireworks and blow the money in the air.. at least you have a nice spectacle.
    • Think it's basically safe to say that the current model the game is using is gonna kill it eventually there's way too many walls put up in the way to keep people going. The whole gear breaking thing would only be acceptable if there was tons of supply: there isnt and its basically negating anyones work.

Something has to change or this games gonna die fast.
      Files
      • Hammer.jpg

(104.69 kB, downloaded 22 times, last: )
    • Raiya wrote:

Think it's basically safe to say that the current model the game is using is gonna kill it eventually there's way too many walls put up in the way to keep people going. The whole gear breaking thing would only be acceptable if there was tons of supply: there isnt and its basically negating anyones work.

Something has to change or this games gonna die fast.
      Agree.Only way gameforge uncommon implement save this game.
    • Heeyitsme (not going to quote all the text) ..... Loving it.

Some really good ideas and thoughts in there. Should copy and paste most of that and put in suggestion section. Loving the crafting changes. I do believe there is a level 65 pvp set you can craft. Jurmungand (something like that, I never get it right) I think the last craft in the series gives a pvp version, again it is one that needs a lot of luck for procs on the way to the finished item.

The changes in recent patch to gathering has helped a lot, especially when gathering what used to be single gather ores like crystal, diamond, corundum each node now gives 3, and only needs one gather for other things that previously needed 3 gathers. While it was nice to have the different grades, if you gather a lot of things it becomes inventory hell.

We definately need ways to obtain more in game cash and AP. The basic levelling in game has become faster, even what was to be a very slow journey to 75 has been made quicker and easier for us but this has caused an imbalance in all the other things in game. Lets say the journey to top level was meant to take 1 year... people would have 1 year to collect cash, AP, medals etc on the way. If that journey is reduced to 4 weeks you find you do not have everything you need when you get to the end. Things become unbalanced.
    • @[Nick]rebelbabe - good suggestion

@heeyitsme - i have copied your post into the suggestion section and made a new thread out of it
      Do you want to change anything or can I already forward it?

How to improve the game

Best regards
      Sita
      Community Guidelines

For balic atreia

Brigade General Sita of the 40th Army: What do you think about that? Isn't it exciting?

• I agree with many of these posts, so just a suggestion:

Aion has way too many items that are for no practical use, cause the amounts needed are too high for an average player to gather before new patch comes and makes them obsolete and then they can't be sold. Those who never crafted have probably no idea how many items and half products pile up. I think it would be superfine to have an option to exchange them for new items, if new items are a must. Shugos could make nice business by recycling...

Also remove several variations of same scroll, make one tradable and one untradable/account only tradable version for each.

Make quests rewarding, raise weekly sales limit for starters accounts.

And I wish players would play for fun like in the first 2 years and not cause they feel they must and just to be 75 asap (and then what?), majority of players are way more opportunistic than in the past.
      Dancing through the midnight whirl-pool, formless
      Hope it can continue a little while longer
    • Raiya wrote:

1) Reduce the exp grind after 66, it just doesnt work expecially with recent changes, people arent gonna do the same stuff over and over without getting bored. Make instances give alot more exp so its worth doing them, Increase pve damage in them so people arent reliant on lvl70's or overgeared players just to do them.
      2) Make the lvl65 Abyss gear easy to aquire, Some may give out over this but to be honest people need an entry level set as we now have lvl70/75 abyss gear anyways. At least setting a minimum level ensures we got a baseline for pvp as we've all seen how easy it is to be destroyed in pve gear or patchwork stuff.
      3) Add daily rewards where doing adma for example gives an APES or Serums.
      4) Seriously rebalance the shop prices to more accurately reflect the items value, Sell costumes and older gear sets for a reasonable price, noones gonna criticise you on this as they're of no consequence or wont affect the balance of the game at 66+, Microtransactions should mean micro a euro here or there for some decent supply of consumables, pricing should reflect the ingame value and demand of the item, if the gold pack is the standard then pricing should reflect this, many times it hasnt as some items have ended up priced far above their actual ingame value. You want more people using the shop not using a few ridiculous spenders as a crutch to keep the game going.

Arena Gear costs a penny now post 5.3

Spata ely side we see wings/weapons go as low as 100kk

This game is all about having as many chars as possible

And in 5.3 if you have a single account filled with mere 66ers (6 chars +1 main 7) one can make a stable daily income at 35-40kk daily

Plus can gear oneself easily

Xping 6 chars to 66 is a joke just spending daily energy of repose