An honest opinion on the state of the game. (Warning wall-o-text! V_V)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• An honest opinion on the state of the game. (Warning wall-o-text! V_V)

So I thought I'd write this feeling like why not since I still like this game somewhat but currently it looks like its on the way to its death. Some of these are from IMO Gameforge's fault for either misvaluing core items while others are NC's fault for implementing mechanics that just don't work here or are completely detrimental to the health of the game itself. It might seem a bit of a rant and a wall of text but I honestly wonder if anyone else would agree with me on this.

I decided to give the game ago again after pretty much quitting shortly after NC made the daft and stupid decision to delete the Katalam Region's in 4.8 .I've tried to level up from 66 on a single character and pvp and to be honest I found it rather pointless and at times feeling like I'm wasting my time as if this game and those managing and publishing it doesn't really want people outside of korea to play.

In terms of pve the exp grind feels ultimately tedios boring and incredibly unrewarding. In fact since the 5.3 patch hit I've found that my options are even more limited as they changed the abyss from lvl65 to lvl75, changing or removing quests from the abyss that would have given Blood Medals that I could've used to upgrade my pistols to eternal and found even the bases are now near impossible for me to capture yet alone hit as they outright resist 20% of my attacks every 5 seconds simply because im not 70+. It feels sluggish to get anywhere as everyone wants geared 70+ people so I feel I'm unable to really do anything. Even reaching 69 I get only a marginal amount of kinah and maybe 15%-25% of exp a day right now and its getting slower. As of now I feel I've very few options to level enjoyably even grinding mobs feels unrewarding and mindnumbingly boring. In terms of instances because I've limited funds I can't push my gear up very far and thus feel under-powered can just barely do Adma and the Lab but everything inside instances 66+ takes forever to kill. I actually dont mind constructive grinding where you can build up gear over time but the general strategy it seems is to spam rift of oblivion and do repeatable quests which as I get higher fill less exp both in quest reward and in terms of the exp per mob kill. Elite farming the fort instances is no longer viable for under 70's as NC upgraded the mobs to 75 but not leaving a lower level variant in for people who wanted to clear the place for exp.

As for gear the whole Item's breaking is a bad idea of course for anyone looking to build up their character but its a completely sucidical mechanic to apply it to abyss and even arena gear here which take's significant amounts of time to acquire thanks to limited entries. Because of the gear issues I get utterly destroyed in most pvp fights because NC introduced so many shop and consumable mechanics (used to be just enchant armor and manastones now its bracelets, estima, feather, accesories etc) and because of the utterly daft idea of putting level 66's in with lvl75's (10 level gap compared to the historic 5) I cant even last 2 seconds in a fight in arena or pvp. Even with some pvp gear I can be hit by a bards or sorc's single attack for anything between half to all of my max HP. its not even pvp at that point. The kicker of course is I get punished by getting a pathetic amount of tokens and it can take 3 weeks to get a lvl70 arena weapon that will probably break when I try enchanting it even to +10 to be effective.

GF advertise the game as free-to-play. In literal terms it's free to play but in reality you need to pay to play properly. I've seen posts about people quitting and obviously see how NA Aion is basically collapsing from the news that theyre merging down to 2 servers. I can understand that GF needs to make money of course to cover staffing, localisastion (you really REALLY should've hired a better scriptwriter btw) and server costs but their current model severely gravitates towards getting whales to pay for it.

This ultimately is the core failure of a failing buisness model: The game caught in a self defeating death spiral. Regular players who would spend a few Euro here and there (average of 12~25 a month) leave the game as its too expensive/frustrating/forced out/impossible to catch up, causing the population to drop and economy to weaken eventually resulting in a merge which causes more people to leave and ultimately makes the game more reliant on whales till it reaches a point where the whole model collapses from too few people left). It can also drive potential players to private server's as they cant and wont pay thousands for being able to play the game. It's one of the main reason's why korean MMO's do so poorly outside their core market, the publishers and developers fail to balance the game correctly and the problems fester until it collapses.

GF could seriously do something about this if they had the will to do it but from the posts in the past the core management seem to only have selective hearing when it comes to some things which really have to be changed:

1) Shop pricing needs SERIOUS re-evaluation expecially with consumables. The APES and Serums in the shop are all well and good if theyre cheap and affordable like 5 for €1 and can drop ingame reasonably or be farmed from instances but the current setup for such required items is a complete stranglehold and severe limitation is so high its basically as close to pay-2-win that you can get. This just makes it self-defeating long term. If your gonna have a gold pack subscription of course these consumable's need to come down. Costumes pricing should be looked at and maybe make older armor sets available in the shop like Kahrun, the original beritra series armor sets etc, for a modest reasonable price so long as its not top grade mythic equipment or abyss not many people will mind this as even buying a set of 5 pieces will not break down into consumables with the same value as a gold pack. The current pricing of the shop will be unsustainable for the game long term as you need to retain players not force em away to other games leaving you overdependent on a small cohort of whales.
      2) The exp curve needs to be reevaluated as a 10 level exp gap is crippling to pvp and even pve. The challenge gap should be no more than 5 levels as this was always the way it was in the past and the game mechanics still reflect this. it should still be challenging but NOT below lvl70, getting people to spam rift of oblivion just to level up just shows how broken the current system is. Same if your forcing them to grind elites for crap exp. Even dungeons need reevaluation. Make the group dungeons at 66+ mobs give ALOT more exp expecially considering how slow even an average group can take to kill them. Encourage people to group up for these to level up and cut the difficulty of the bosses down so NORMAL groups leveling up can handle them like the old days and not extreme geared people only. It's certainly possible for NC to increase PvE damage in dungeons as I remember years back how Udas temple you got an increased pve damage modifier in there compared to open world mobs.
      3) Make it possible for someone to get geared in a reasonable amount of time. Make the arena FAR more rewarding I know you cant do much about mechanics unless NC cop on and introduce gear equalization in the arena similar to blade and soul but if someone participates in the arena they should get a PROPER amount of tokens for buying gear regardless of winning or losing and not a paltry 24 tokens for losing a match they can never win thanks to gear imbalance. It should be possible to buy a piece of armor after a few matches or get at least ONE weapon a week for doing all 15 matches. The winner(s) instead should get something like an APES or Serum for winning a match instead this would make the arena far more interesting. As for abyss gear I've no problem atm with the CURRENT gear of course but there should be serious consideration to nerfing the AP costs of OLDER gear and removing medal costs or reducing them to a fraction of their current costs both for people to be able to aquire an entry level set for 65 and even for skins as some of the older sets had nice skins too...
      4) Prevent the gap between normal casual players and elite players from being too big. In many cases there IS no pvp between these because the power gap has become so extreme because of NC's short sighted changes that pvp has been reduced to little more than a kurb stomp fight. The fully geared person annihilates a normal player with no effort and in less than 2 to 3 seconds you might as well be giving them mobs to fight such is the extreme difference in power.

This is as much as I can put down atm I don't know if anyone will even care or agree but as someone who has played MMO's for over a decade now I can tell you that the current way the game is going and is implimented is gonna kill it eventually by the end of the decade. I originally started playing MMO's with FFXI and even after all this time I went back to it for a while and the game is still going strong with just a sub and small wardrobe addon and were talking 15 years for this game. Aion hasnt even been around 8 years but has suffered 2 merges and its NA server's are about to drop to 2. I actually found this game a good game for many years until 4.8 at least but if something doesnt change it will just collapse completely as the current model and implimentation is completely hostile to newer or returning players who dont spend hundreds or thousands on the shop.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Raiya ().

• You should use more whitespaces and things like making something bold / italic / underlined or work with a bit of colour so that it becomes more readable, because you bring up valid points but the lack of layout might put some people off to reading it.

As for the game itself, a lot of things are just a copy from new korean content (bracelets, feathers, estima, ... ) So as I agree that new things cost more money and are again new things that need to be enchanted. Imagine if you only had up untill fabled/eternal gear with non composites manastones for the last 8 years. New things are needed to give existing players more of a challenge. There are many people who already have +10 or higher Abyss 70 or 75's set with a weapon because of them getting a lot of ceranium medals (to exchange) and AP before the release of 5,3. So the only thing they'd have to gain this patch would be a new set that they get in the first few days (if there would be no new enchantable items all the time).

as for new players, they can go easily to level 68 and you get kinah more easily now from quests so a gold pack and afterwards buying arena/AP gear from other players isn't a far distant thing. The gap between a level 72 geared player and a new level 66 player is immense. But it doesn't take nearly as long to get geared nowadays than it used too in the past, even with the amount of enchantable things.

Gameforge could boost drop rates, increase exp from everything, lower shop prices and so on. But that's why there is a suggestion subforum.
      NEW FORUM HERE: forum.aion.gameforge.com/
    • @Raiya I hope you will have more luck with your thread. I tried a month ago click ...couple of weeks later I got:

Sita wrote:

Hello Daevas

I am sorry but we have no further information - the topic is not forgotten, but we dont have any news yet

Best regards
      Sita

And thats it. Gameforge staff is just waiting the threads like this to be moved to page 2 ...3 and then Archived and thats it. Months are passing, years ...they are not improving anything at all. They are not reading the feedbacks in their own threads in Event Discussions. They are receiving only negative feedbacks for the events but they are still putting the old, and even worse regarding the rewards, events

Senpai wrote:

Gameforge could boost drop rates, increase exp from everything, lower shop prices and so on. But that's why there is a suggestion subforum.

Really mate ? You are expecting the players to use suggestions forum to tell you how to do your job ? How to manage your company and assets (Aion in that case) ? How to not lose your clients (players) ? Tell me how many times in how many threads in this very forum, people were saying that the drop rates are awful, the exp events of 50% is absurdly low ? Not going to even start about your shop which was suppose to be for cosmetics and gold packs only. I cant believe you can write something like this.

New players can level up to 68 but then what ? The only way to catch the others is if they buy 50 gold packs and pray nothing to fail. What are the options of obtaining serums and apes in game again ? Remind me please. Specially for serums. How this game is newbie friendly ? With Grendal set with which you can barely do Adma and Ell ? How hard was to put rune tribe +5 for new/returning players ?

The quality of service is so low that you have to pay us to playing that game.

You have no idea what the new patch will include.

On the very same day, when you applied 5.3 (which is 20-30% of the actual 5.3) Anemsalok made a thread "Known issues". Is that a private server ? Are you not testing the patches before hand and requesting fixes from NCsoft ? If we are testers, so pay us please ?

You are not informing players that the January atreia pass can be taken from the shop in manage bonuses. Yes, you made a delayed announcement today, but in the forum, which is absurd as I am pretty sure that from ~15k players playing on all servers only a very small amount of that number are atually reading the forum.

You are keep making events that are with outdated rewards and on top of that nerfed as hell - i.e. shugo tomb dropping 1 key 90%+ of the time. Not going to even mention the shop only events. Like the one we had with the circus ...cant remember the name

Your system was overloaded before New year, which caused many issues to many players regarding the gold pack activation and veteran rewards. And you gave us 75% exp boost for a week as compensation ? Really ? How hard was to be 100% or even 200% ? For 2 weeks ? But you cant sell your exp boosting stuff from shop then, right ?

Soon we will have a video with that PD with his fake smile, telling us how everything is lovely and they are doing their best to give us the best experience and are close then ever to the players, reading our feedbacks and learning from their mistakes.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ashandarey ().

• As far as I can remember, GF will never learn from his past mistakes, but sometimes I have to admit, it's not entirely their fault, there's a lack of communication between NCsoft and GF so probably they do not even know if some features are on the patch, however it is true that a patch needs to be tested in a more extensive way.

By the way, if Gameforge wants to keep in touch with the community they have to read at least the suggestions that players give, a customer is more aware of the game that is playing, so he can see the flaws of it in a more accurate way, Aion by now is a slowly dying game, and I do not know why NCsoft made such foolish decisions like the gear breaking, the preposterous experience needed to level a character and the most horrific thing of all, godstones.

Aion has become a lottery, not an mmo, it doesn't reward the player for playing it, it's only "if you're lucky you can become very strong, but if you fail, your efforts will go to waste", wake up, we're not milking cows, there are lot of MMOs out there, so if you want to keep your customer, and let them enjoy your game, you have to entice them, and I'm not referring to those stupid "50% exp boost" week, if the exp required to make a level is in order of billions, and the maximun rewards for quest are barely in 30 millions, what do you think? That is a great thing? Please, don't treat us like stupid and spoiled kids, even new players won't stay in this game for long after they see how much time is needed to have a decent set, or at least, to be accepted in party with other players, if you expect that new players in Grendal of 56 Daevanion can run instances such library or garden or even Adma, well, you do not know anything of the game, I agree that gamers need a challenge, but the only challenge Aion has to offer now is agaist boredom and luck but let me summarize the game problems:

-Very slow levelling rate
      -Godstones in pvp
      -Balance between factions
      -Gear Breaking
      -High prices in item shop
      -Serums and apes nearly impossible to find in game
      -Too many upgrades for gear, feathers, estimas, bracelets, accessories and wings and worst of all, there's no limit in how much a thing can be upgraded
      -Unrewarding events (GF we're not stupid, this flower events gave two serums in the pastfor 40 kills, now it gives 8 blossoms)
      -Balance between classes that is non existent
      -Takes a lot of time to get a decent gear

So, does that ring a bell? Should players be more clear than this? In Korea after 5.5 there was and there's still a massive quit, if you want the same to happen here as well, continue like this, if you want to listen players, then begin now

The post was edited 2 times, last by [NICK]bansheesioux ().

• Gonna update and clean up my OP a little later on to be more clearer wrote it last night as I was getting tired.

Edit: Updated the OP as much as I can the bloody 10k character limit really messes up being able to add more. -_-

Senpai wrote:

You should use more whitespaces and things like making something bold / italic / underlined or work with a bit of colour so that it becomes more readable, because you bring up valid points but the lack of layout might put some people off to reading it.

Done that to make the key points stand out.

Senpai wrote:

As for the game itself, a lot of things are just a copy from new korean content (bracelets, feathers, estima, ... ) So as I agree that new things cost more money and are again new things that need to be enchanted. Imagine if you only had up untill fabled/eternal gear with non composites manastones for the last 8 years. New things are needed to give existing players more of a challenge. There are many people who already have +10 or higher Abyss 70 or 75's set with a weapon because of them getting a lot of ceranium medals (to exchange) and AP before the release of 5,3. So the only thing they'd have to gain this patch would be a new set that they get in the first few days (if there would be no new enchantable items all the time).

Problem is those who have abyss 70/75 either spend large amounts of cash in the shop or had it on hand already from other stuff. Challenge is always a good thing but it needs to be on a level curve. If the curve is too extreme which it has become it becomes a hard wall against new players who are what the game ultimately needs over the long term to survive. If people are quitting in sizable numbers eventually theres few people left for pvp which bores pvpers into quitting, theres less people farming items which causes simple stuff to inflate in price and eventually the economy begins to decay and become unbalanced. Eventually it gets so bad merges are forced which bring their own problems: I lost the names of several of my characters that I had for years since the start of the game and I cant even remotely get them back because the current system doesnt allow a second name for a character or allow use of german or other alphabet characters to at least keep the name as close to the original.

Senpai wrote:

as for new players, they can go easily to level 68 and you get kinah more easily now from quests so a gold pack and afterwards buying arena/AP gear from other players isn't a far distant thing. The gap between a level 72 geared player and a new level 66 player is immense. But it doesn't take nearly as long to get geared nowadays than it used too in the past, even with the amount of enchantable things.

The problem is the wall kicks in at 68. The exp from for some of the mobs for the repeatables drops and the quest rewards become far less potent. It would help if the quests scaled with level at least or there was something constructive to do but mindless grinding doesnt help. The rift of oblivion is the only thing giving SOMETHING in terms of exp because NC made it scale with level. It's well and good saying it doesnt take as long to get geared but the problem is its extremely pricey to do so. Getting pvp lvl70 accs set me back nearly a billion gil which I had in savings, the armor from the arena takes several weeks and ONE pistol would take me 3 weeks. Those times are too long expecially when the gear NEEDS to be enchanted and can blow up turining into a total waste of time. Thats self defeating right there.

Senpai wrote:

The ultimate issue it seems is that even when players like myself post constructive criticism and suggestions all it seems to end up being done by GF is this....

I mean if GF doesnt act on what were telling them by the time they DO feel like doing something the damage is irreperably done.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Raiya ().

• Raiya wrote:

NC cop on and introduce gear equalization in the arena similar to blade and soul
      This is what this game needs the most to fix arena/battleground PvP balance. NCsoft added Golden Crucible ranking, Arena of Discipline and Arena of Cooperation rankings are coming in 5.4 (April). NCsoft is trying to make Aion competitive. I'm glad to see that, but it will be never competitive without proper level, gear, class balance. Gameforge can't to much here as publisher, but they should poke NCsoft as much they can to do something with that.

I can see that Gameforge is trying to adjust 5.0+ grindy content to our region, but it's too late for small and slowly added changes. We need drastic changes to stop people quitting the game.

Aion wasn't p2w before patch 4.6. It was truly free to play game. Everyone could enjoy end game content without spending money on game if he invested more time than paying players. But since then NCsoft added:
      1. Upgradeable accessories max +5 (4.6.1)
      2. Feather (4.6.2)
      3. Sets and weapons more than +15 (4.7.5)
      4. Upgradeable stigmas (4.8)
      5. Unlimited upgrades on accessories (4.9)
      6. Gold Feather, Upgradeable Wings (5.0)
      7. Estimas, Bracelets (5.3)
      8. More Estigma slots, Upgradeable minions (5.5).

These all stuff just increased gap between paying and f2p player to enormous scale. In my opinion it's still fixable. We should put some limits on upgrading all these stuff. Make accessories upgrade limit max +5, feather max +10, sets, weapons, wings max +20, stigmas max +5, estimas max +5. Also we would need increasing success rate to make feathers/bracelets +10, sets, weapons and wings +20. Don't make all these stuff just exclusive for paying players. Let them get it faster / with less effort, but let everyone else enjoy it too.
    • Raiya wrote:

GF needs to make money of course to cover staffing, localisastion (you really REALLY should've hired a better scriptwriter btw) and server costs but their current model severely gravitates towards getting whales to pay for it.

As we can see the apocalypse has already begun. GF skips maintenances in order to reduce expenses (no need to pay technical staff every week). The 5.3 live stream was cancelled as well (could it be that expensive?)
    • esset23 wrote:

Raiya wrote:

GF needs to make money of course to cover staffing, localisastion (you really REALLY should've hired a better scriptwriter btw) and server costs but their current model severely gravitates towards getting whales to pay for it.

As we can see the apocalypse has already begun. GF skips maintenances in order to reduce expenses (no need to pay technical staff every week). The 5.3 live stream was cancelled as well (could it be that expensive?)

Do you really think, that skipping maintenances has anything to do with a fixed monthly salary of a Gameforge employee?
      Or do you really think, Gameforge hires people only for maintenance days xD?!
      There was no plan for a 5.3 Live stream, so how could it get canceled, plus we had almost all the information from Fun with Leibo videos.
      There simply was no point in making a live stream.
    • Livo wrote:

Raiya wrote:

NC cop on and introduce gear equalization in the arena similar to blade and soul
      This is what this game needs the most to fix arena/battleground PvP balance. NCsoft added Golden Crucible ranking, Arena of Discipline and Arena of Cooperation rankings are coming in 5.4 (April). NCsoft is trying to make Aion competitive. I'm glad to see that, but it will be never competitive without proper level, gear, class balance. Gameforge can't to much here as publisher, but they should poke NCsoft as much they can to do something with that.

I can see that Gameforge is trying to adjust 5.0+ grindy content to our region, but it's too late for small and slowly added changes. We need drastic changes to stop people quitting the game.

Aion wasn't p2w before patch 4.6. It was truly free to play game. Everyone could enjoy end game content without spending money on game if he invested more time than paying players. But since then NCsoft added:
      1. Upgradeable accessories max +5 (4.6.1)
      2. Feather (4.6.2)
      3. Sets and weapons more than +15 (4.7.5)
      4. Upgradeable stigmas (4.8)
      5. Unlimited upgrades on accessories (4.9)
      6. Gold Feather, Upgradeable Wings (5.0)
      7. Estimas, Bracelets (5.3)
      8. More Estigma slots, Upgradeable minions (5.5).

These all stuff just increased gap between paying and f2p player to enormous scale. In my opinion it's still fixable. We should put some limits on upgrading all these stuff. Make accessories upgrade limit max +5, feather max +10, sets, weapons, wings max +20, stigmas max +5, estimas max +5. Also we would need increasing success rate to make feathers/bracelets +10, sets, weapons and wings +20. Don't make all these stuff just exclusive for paying players. Let them get it faster / with less effort, but let everyone else enjoy it too.

I'd agree with this as well myself the fact is the gap's become far too big between normal and hardcore at this point. The worst things in the past was godstones, expensive enchant stones and of course manastones wiping on just one failure. They took that last one out only to replace it with utterly balance breaking mechanics. Putting a cap on the feather would work but even if the other stuff cant be capped it shouldnt be hard to actually aquire these items. There needs to be a balance between RNG and hard work there should be mechanics in game that bypass RNG if extra work is put into upgrading items otherwise the powergap will corrode the community till noones left. This is how games ultimately fail: The publisher/developer refuse to see how the games falling apart either out of stubbornness or greed and then everyone leaves leaving the game with no players and the publisher with a drastically reduced income.
    • Aion will never be competitive simply because for a game to be on a true competitive level, the game itself should offer the same, equal conditions for all players. Aion is pretty far from that.
      What NCSoft is trying to do is just trying to fool the playerbase that it has some lvl of "competitiveness"...
    • With the current state of game and 5.5 i give Aion 1 year before it's gonna go down even more in terms of players

even the so called "pro" addicted koreans are quitting in huge numbers

the issue consists in many things,the graphic engine is very outdated,even 5.5 is not very much improved

+running isn't quite smooth considering an high ending PC still has problems and eventually you have to turn to lowest settings in pvp
    • [NICK]modeura wrote:

With the current state of game and 5.5 i give Aion 1 year before it's gonna go down even more in terms of players

even the so called "pro" addicted koreans are quitting in huge numbers

the issue consists in many things,the graphic engine is very outdated,even 5.5 is not very much improved

+running isn't quite smooth considering an high ending PC still has problems and eventually you have to turn to lowest settings in pvp

Graphics engine was always buggy but the issue there is NC have never bothered to upgrade it to something more suitable. These engines were primarily designed for single player games the biggest issues like in sieges for example show how it struggles when many players are on screen. Even blade and soul will slow to a crawl because of engine limitations and in no small part thanks to ncsoon refusing to scrap failguard.

If koreans are quitring I wouldnt be suprised if its because of the same mechanics that are causing it here. The game paradigm theyre using is from 20 years ago that most MMOs have shifted away from as its detrimental to game health. In a crowded MMO market you dont want to use designs that bleed players expecially since many players these days are those with limited budgets and cant and wont justifiy spending hundred of euro a month on pixels.
    • I think the biggest issue right now, and the reason Korean players are quiting is class inbalance. Just look at the CaptJ latest gold arena vid.. That thing has been in the game since the 4.8 patch, together with temps, and still 0 things done to try and balance it out, nope.

Msupr got out of hand, 0 fcks gives by NCsoft to cap that crap.

Overall, it's bad, and players just get annoyed by it in the little PVP content we have . no point playing smting if it's just pissin u off day after day.

Also, all of your "economy" issues will be fixed in 5.5 with the 100% success thing with mighty supps. The only issue is that's 6 months away at least....

GF shud request it for the next patch imo .. would help save their game.
    • Currently I have to say that EU is pretty stable. Have a look at every other region. They are merging and have a huge playerloss (RU/NA/JP..). EU gladly far away to be deserted. I hope GF wants to do something in the future to hold their current playerbase.

Still impressed that AION EU is such a good shape, because NC said AION EU is dead and sold it. Now we are one of the biggest AION community/playerbase of the world.
      Sorry for my english =(
    • iduk wrote:

Currently I have to say that EU is pretty stable. Have a look at every other region. They are merging and have a huge playerloss (RU/NA/JP..). EU gladly far away to be deserted. I hope GF wants to do something in the future to hold their current playerbase.

Still impressed that AION EU is such a good shape, because NC said AION EU is dead and sold it. Now we are one of the biggest AION community/playerbase of the world.

To be fair GF already merged servers they just had a larger playerbase from the start and still managed to maintain the game with a sizable playerbase for a long time but the game has already suffered sizable losses in the playerbase for the last 3 years. The fault isnt GF's itself it hasnt exactly HELPED of course theres been ENDLESS criticism of the shop and its monetary value but the primary fault is NCsoft. Katalam was IMO the best pvp and pve region in the game till they got dense and removed it. Instead they replaced it with blatant P2W mechanics, subpar pvp zones and now an endless grind. Imo some say 3.0 was the beginning of the decline of the game but to be honest the game wasn't that bad it had incredibly annoying things like breaking manastones and of course godstones but the real decline IMO was with 4.7 onwards where it looks like they changed the main development team and proceeded to wreck the game.

I actually like levelling alt characters its allows you to play another class to learn how it works and it keeps things interesting. The whole 5.0 design effectively DESTROYS this with an endless grind and to top it off it makes it worse with these constant spending requirements. Its just endless and too much for a normal player.
    • In my opinion All powerfull, Holy Serum price and pretty much unlimited enchanting is fine, certainly the problem is the breaking and success rate %, I've been failing a lot even on lower level of enchanting / upgrading.. using pretty much maximum probability of success.. That's a bit unacceptable, the items themselves are harder to get than the Enchanting items, that's quite sad. I've made a pool so Gameforge would increase the Drop rates which would solve many problems in my opinion. NA have plenty of Lv80 world drop weapons, we don't, are the drop rates the same? Of course not.
    • Surfas wrote:

In my opinion All powerfull, Holy Serum price and pretty much unlimited enchanting is fine, certainly the problem is the breaking and success rate %, I've been failing a lot even on lower level of enchanting / upgrading.. using pretty much maximum probability of success.. That's a bit unacceptable, the items themselves are harder to get than the Enchanting items, that's quite sad. I've made a pool so Gameforge would increase the Drop rates which would solve many problems in my opinion. NA have plenty of Lv80 world drop weapons, we don't, are the drop rates the same? Of course not.

Yeah I'd agree with you on this Surfas Im on the same server and faction as you and the broker supply is....... underwhelming. Chance of the item enchanting failing is annoying but fair but when it takes the gear you worked your hole off to get with it as well that's kinda crossing the line from fair to BS. :/