Antihack?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Still we haven´t antihack, after a few years ago...we had aiDPSmetter 0.63 and is not working the animation speed mode long time ago, seems like the developer dont want activate it, and I dont know why.

Why Gameforge does not introduce an anti-hack finally?¿?¿?¿?

Thank you.
    • If I recall correctly then both dps meters (aidps and arm) had some antihack features/tools but devs of both programs deactivate them bcs they get angry at gf not doing anything about hackers.
      We had antihacks programs in aion but they were full of bug and unreliable. One version even kick and ban almost random ppl bcs it "thinks" they use some hack based on who know what.
      But you dont need that fancy program to spot obvious hacks. Like one time in runat, enemy got sin that did more dmg then rest of 11 ppl togather. Yeah he may be a good but this is sooo weird to be legit. Or many times, specialy in arena, fight is balaced I do okay dmg, keep it up, then enemy basicly stop for 2-3 sec (turn on hacks? :D ), doing nothing and after that, he is untouchable and do like +200% dmg to me then before. That is weird too.
      We are way beyond saving aion from hackers. Like that one sin who 99% times proc para on first, second hit :whistling:
    • Please ignore the post above mine as this person clearly has no idea what they are talking about

ARM (dps meter) had no anti hack features, the developer would add people to a "warning" list that he thought was cheating, 0 tools used, he was a bad player and mostly he was butthurt if somebody beat him he would add them to cheater list.

AiDps was made by a player mitrielle (famous for playing with a lot of no ani people) which had animation speed mode on the program itself, once GF took this on board they would ban people based on screenshots from this, why did he stop updating it? god knows maybe he stopped playing.

NcSoft never had any anti-cheat at least in EU, I have played aion since release in EU.

There is no such thing as godstone proc hack or damage hack in offical EU but continue spouting untrue information.
      twitch.tv/misto91 Come and have a look and listen to best singing cleric EU!
      youtube.com/misto9 Pve / pvp and random guides feel free to leave feedback or ask for a video :P
      facebook.com/Mistocleric Advising / videos to help the clerics of the future!
    • Misto wrote:

ARM (dps meter) had no anti hack features

It had, well not exactly anti hack but if u tried to run arm along with hack it would not run and would send back info or smt like that i dont remember have to ask hik

Misto wrote:

NcSoft never had any anti-cheat at least in EU

you clearly do not, aion had antihack shield which was deactivated due to causing way too much lag for players, game was literaly unplayable with it
    • Oh here we go. Another "I did play from start so only I know all and only I know truth about anything". Screw you, realy.
      One of dps meters had (idk which one was that, arm i think) that blocked from starting itself IF it detects anything that looking like hack program, like CheatEngine or so. About aiDPS idk why speed hack thing doesnt work now. But Eu had antihack program at one point, but truth is that it was test and it lasted few days then it was turned off forever. Dont belive? That is your problem, I can give poop about you. I am not here to convice you about anything.
      And yes, there isnt proc hack from information i gathered on topic. But then you can explain that how is that possible if you are so pro...
    • t0re wrote:

Misto wrote:

ARM (dps meter) had no anti hack features

It had, well not exactly anti hack but if u tried to run arm along with hack it would not run and would send back info or smt like that i dont remember have to ask hik

Misto wrote:

NcSoft never had any anti-cheat at least in EU

you clearly do not, aion had antihack shield which was deactivated due to causing way too much lag for players, game was literaly unplayable with it

That feature of Arm you are referring to is like saying that valves VAC is useful for catching cheats
      twitch.tv/misto91 Come and have a look and listen to best singing cleric EU!
      youtube.com/misto9 Pve / pvp and random guides feel free to leave feedback or ask for a video :P
      facebook.com/Mistocleric Advising / videos to help the clerics of the future!
    • Rayya wrote:

Oh here we go. Another "I did play from start so only I know all and only I know truth about anything". Screw you, realy.
      One of dps meters had (idk which one was that, arm i think) that blocked from starting itself IF it detects anything that looking like hack program, like CheatEngine or so. About aiDPS idk why speed hack thing doesnt work now. But Eu had antihack program at one point, but truth is that it was test and it lasted few days then it was turned off forever. Dont belive? That is your problem, I can give poop about you. I am not here to convice you about anything.
      And yes, there isnt proc hack from information i gathered on topic. But then you can explain that how is that possible if you are so pro...

I can explain too Im pro. Here goes:

You are a bad player and you needed to invent imaginary hacks for people who have beaten you fair and square, all in order to keep your 12yold mentality in tact, like most below avg Aion players who have gear but still loose.

Think I did a good job no? :D
    • Valve VAC has caught people in the MLG and Pro league.

Aion has anti-cheat ready, such as RU's anticheat program as well as KR's GameGuard.

However, this is not 2007 anymore and anticheat is just like the crack you do on a game, gets patched before it's even released sometimes.

aiDPSmeter was violating the ToS by directly intercepting and sniffing packets, and still does. Someone must've thought it's ok to intercept damage and healing data, but not ok to intercept animation data from players I guess? Blame NC KR for that or hope that the next versions will bring fully working animation mode with all classes, although this is a low-percent possibility, censored

Censored by Senpai, please don't accuse people of hacking/cheating. Report them to support
    • There will never be anti-hack in here, because there is no point to make one:
      1. The anti-hack would be bypassed after 3 hours or so
      2. The anti-hack would probably only not allow client to run with hacks on, it would not gather info of players who used hacks and then ban them on some banwave, which is best way to stop cheating. Why would they not do that? Because population is low and a lot hack users are wallet whales, thus it's bad for GF, since banned whale = less munnies.
    • Misto wrote:

AiDps was made by a player mitrielle (famous for playing with a lot of no ani people) which had animation speed mode on the program itself, once GF took this on board they would ban people based on screenshots from this, why did he stop updating it? god knows maybe he stopped playing.
      He still updating this App, but clearly he doesn't want to re-implement the animation feature and he even closed the google+ community forum where we were reporting bugs and asking questions.
      There are 2 potential reasons for that:
      - He doesn't have much time to work on this feature. But the weird thing is he is still working on the myAion and adding new features (exp meter etc..)
      - Developpers of Hack programs contacted him to make a deal and share the benefits of the subscriptions only if he stops to maintain the feature. Remember aiDPSmeter was the only tool to detect any modifying values of the animation speed and it was impossible for hackers to avoid it.

Rym wrote:

aiDPSmeter was violating the ToS by directly intercepting and sniffing packets, and still does. Someone must've thought it's ok to intercept damage and healing data, but not ok to intercept animation data from players I guess? Blame NC KR for that or hope that the next versions will bring fully working animation mode with all classes, although this is a low-percent possibility, considering the creator himself was hardcoring on packet hacking and duping.
      Well DPSmeters in MMOs have always been controversial but mainly because they can be used to blame beginners. aiDPSmeter is not the only one in the MMO world, for FFXIV the best DPSmeter which is Advanced Combat Tracker is using memory scan + network packet sniffing if you want accurate values. The program is tolerated only if you do not share the damages, if you keep it for you and your "friends", no problem.

[NICK]sadsadas wrote:

There will never be anti-hack in here, because there is no point to make one:
      1. The anti-hack would be bypassed after 3 hours or so
      Correct, any type of "shields" in these games can be by-passed, they are only useful to annoy cheaters, but, unfortunately clean players too.

But since we know how aiDPSmeter worked, it's clear GF could add this feature (after asking to NCsoft) on their servers if not already done.
      That's how it starts. The fever, the rage, the feeling of powerlessness that turns good men... cruel. ~Alfred
      The trouble with loyalty to a cause, is that the cause will always betray you. ~Lockdown

The post was edited 4 times, last by [NICK]dotarium ().

• I think he doesn't activate it cuz it's buggy and / or he doesn't get donations (there's a paypal donation button on the website).
      There's been lots of changes in skills the past update and I'm almost certain he used mouseclic as a good source.
      However mouseclic is outdated - and I think he stopped on the no animation mode when mouseclic stopped to update their database.
      But that's just my personal conspiracy theory xD

The developer itself is still playing, he's lvl 75 ~ maybe that's also a reason he didn't have time to look into this feature of his dps meter.
    • I'll only say this once.

There wont be any sort of client end anti-cheat introduced for one simple reason: It causes more problems than it solves.

The only thing aion ever had was Gameguard aka Failguard, Derpguard or useless computer breaking rootkit. It was scrapped in the NC beta before launch simply because people during the beta had nothing but constant problems to the point it was breaking peoples machines (it was deleting key startup files on certain setups). Basically NC got rid of it fast as they were on the verge of a ton of pre-order cancellations, a massively pissed off playerbase and probably a few lawsuit threats to boot. At this stage of the game Gameforge arent gonna be stupid enough to attempt to reintroduce something so toxic as to kill what playerbase they still have left. If theres cheaters about report em and leave it at that its all you can do.

If you want proof that GF will never reintroduce GG you only need to look at Blade and Soul in the last month. The best part of the last year they had a passive variant of GG in the game. Wasnt updated, did little but it was blocking some players from playing. They recently implimented the 64bit client.... followed by introducing GG64bit.... and all hell broke loose as it started screwing with peoples machines, hiding itself and the game preventing termination of hanging instances and basically a huge chunk of the playerbase going to war and sieging support till after 3 or 4 times of trying to make it work they finally just shut it off indefinately.

The reason these kinds of anti-cheat are reviled is because unlike Korea where the majority of players play in internet cafes etc, the near entirety of western players play on their own PC's and custom machines. The likes of the sony rootkit scandal and that fiasco with SF5 amongst others basically has made the majority of people hostile to these kind of programs expecially since they dont actually stop the cheaters who are easily bypassing them while leaving legit players with all the problems caused by them.