Temp Class Problems

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Ironskin wrote:

      Tell me a reason to take you on GOK on your tank and not to take a sorc ?
      bodyguard,panoply, prayer of victory, empy providance.
      Also question is not why to take it instead of sorc, but why not?
      As for that i get rly angry when i see templar bashing the boss with sword and shield, i'm obviously not gonna take him anymore.
    • Useless skills comparing with a dps of sorc. Faster targets goes down less dmg taken, less dmg taken more chances to party to stay alive. In comparation with DMG of a sorc your shield are useless.


      I am doing gok. full applon.. bla bla and I never had to use BG shield on anyone. I am using Pana, prayer, EP just for the fact I can used them not that they would need them. They dose even need a tank there. I am part of that party just because we are friends but as a class I just slow them down. They would be way better with any dps class.

      But I do understand, to accept reality sometime is hard, I can tell you from personal experience.
    • Ironskin wrote:

      I am using Pana, prayer, EP just for the fact I can used them not that they would need them
      I am sorry but isnt that all the classes work? i dont need to use FW on sorc but can, I can dont need to use blind leap to save time and take less dmg but i can . etc etc. I have said so many times over the years - the only class that is a must to have (and only on 50% of the places) is the cleric, all other classes can be combined as u want to do something
      Yet on my flg i constantly see recruits "LF tank" , i'm laughing a bit inside when i see that but ye its there and some ppl think its good, to have, some dont , and others like me are like "both work"
    • Ok we are speaking here in parallel paths.

      USELESS = when no1 needs you


      Now that we have defined useless tell me who really need your templar and why?
      If the class was not so useless why 99,99999% of the players prefers any DPS class over a templar?

      The fact that others dose not need a templar that makes it USELESS!

      What a templar can do and what cant do I already know. I am speaking about the need of a templar on this game and in my opinion is NONE. People makes Holly Tower and they saying sorry to me, but a templar cant deal enough dmg and they might fail because of that ... and ques what they are right!
    • Ironskin wrote:

      The fact that others dose not need to make you USELESS!
      in that case you can consider my SM useless, no1 wants SM

      Ironskin wrote:

      If the class was not so useless why 99,99999% of the players prefers to any DPS class over a templar?
      because mostly u dont need more than 1 in the group? and most templars cant hold aggro to the others coz they cant play(or not sufficient gear)?

      Ironskin wrote:

      Now that we have defined useless tell me who really need your templar and why?
      Atm every1 wants my sorc as its geared pretty good(unlike my temp yet) and ppl wanna exploit my dps. However if i didnt have that sorc ppl would want to invite me on temp w/o issues if they have no tank yet.

      good enough?
    • With your last statement ( "Atm every1 wants my sorc as its geared pretty good(unlike my temp yet) and ppl wanna exploit my dps. However if i didnt have that sorc ppl would want to invite me on temp w/o issues if they have no tank yet.") we just reach the common ground where we agree that the "market" makes Templar useless.

      If you did not had a sorc I am sure will be other sorc that will take that position against your templar.


      So we reach final conclusion where a templar is useless cause there is no need of it.
      Is same as you release a product on the market but without a real need and this makes it useless. I am sure you already know this kind of products and I dont have to bring examples.
    • Ironskin wrote:

      If you did not had a sorc I am sure will be other sorc that will take that position against your templar.
      I love how u make assumptions out of nowhere.
      I started changing the gear of my templar recently(last 2 weeks) and its the reason why in my opinion its not ready for hardcore stuff. Up till now it was pointless to go narakali coz for example in runs like this aionpveranks.com/Session/41111/show i barely keep the aggro with my current gear. Gear is not bad but compared to the others in the ally its nothing. Once i got sufficient skill to be USEFULL I would be getting calls for groups on my templar. (giving u example of my sorc as well jsut to get an idea of the difference aionpveranks.com/Session/41098/show )
      Once again u cant compare chars with entirely different level of gear. It just doesnt work like that.
    • If you like to think that, I cant stop you and I dont even want that. I encourage you to believe in what you believing and no1 should try to stop you. What I telling you is from my experience and what I have seen.

      My Templar is +15 everything and I am done some narakalli and quess who is the first that is scarified on the cloud strike, well me , the templar. Rest of the boss is done without templar cause is best in this way, because all they need is DPS and heal
    • Ironskin wrote:

      quess who is the first that is scarified on the cloud strike, well me , the templar
      Well if u are a lot lower dps than the rest,u'll definetely be 1st one to get killed(presumably by "claud strike" u actually mean chilling cold" and by0 "scarified" u mean killed, coz if u mean jsut scared and cold strike, there's something wrong there), also depends on your ally, if it has support chanters, etc. In my crossserver alliances we always kill chanters 1st, then lowest dps regardless of its class. In my cleric static we kill chanter 1st and then whoever gets the chilling cold 1st , being temlar or glad, so we dont loose time. Different alliances can handle it differently. I've been in may groups/alliances playing with all classes all over the years and I am speaking from the point of every class out there, also from the perspective of person used to leading a lot of stuff. Once again i repeat what i wrote in my old post, u are complaining about the ppl and not about the templar, there's a difference.
      When my templar start doing dmg on a par with the bards and glad/rangers i'm obviously gonna be kept alive always, not only that but i'd be moved in primary group with the chanter(if there's only 1 chanter or chanter at all) to further boost my dps.
      Game has variety of all kinds. You cant judge it from the only thing u've seen, so far.
      Also If u play your class better than the ppl playing the others with u , no1 can tell u anything!
      If u dont wish to play templar, just dont. I repeat i am playing SM for many years and i know what a real frustration of not getting invite to groups is, which u only think u do.
    • If we're talking about pvp, templar is more than welcome.

      If you're talking about pve, then what we can say is "templar is not so much wanted as a sorc is". But it's not useless.

      Having someone who just have a lot of hp and only taunting is useless. But Templar is much more than that. With a decent gear, 180cp Highdaeva skill and proper weaving, templar's dps is not too low if compared to rangers, for example. Plus you have a lot of support skills which make you much more useful than a ranger.

      You say that you don't think panoply or BG are useful in istances like Garden, but the truth is that Garden is so nerfed that a lot of things became useless. In the 5.3 when garden was harder and you usually need 2 healers even to do 2 bosses, having a templar means you can go with just a cleric, obtaining an extra spot for a Fifth dps, making the run faster. The problem is that is possibile only if there's team work. Going randomly on lfg doesn't work a lot of times.

      Tl;dr: templar in pve is harder to use properly than the other classes, but it's not useless.
    • Ironskin wrote:

      My Templar is +15 everything and I am done some narakalli and quess who is the first that is scarified on the cloud strike, well me , the templar. Rest of the boss is done without templar cause is best in this way, because all they need is DPS .
      That's true, but if we're talking about nm or hm, people prefer kill an assassin or a sorc instead of killing a templar ;)

      The problem is common people think, being wrong, that templars are useless, making the few templars in the game eventually less motivated to invest in their classe, and that's a big problem. You cannot improve if you always think you're useless. And the low number of good templars, at least in Deyla Elyos, is a proof of this problem.
      I'm trying to make an ally to do Nara nm and maybe hm too in the future. I have good dpses, good healers, but damn, only 1 good plate. And doing nm with just 1 plate is much more harder than doing with 2. And then, reading that templars are considered useless makes me sad :(

      The post was edited 1 time, last by DaggerOath ().

    • DaggerOath wrote:

      If we're talking about pvp, templar is more than welcome.

      If you're talking about pve, then what we can say is "templar is not so much wanted as a sorc is". But it's not useless.

      Having someone who just have a lot of hp and only taunting is useless. But Templar is much more than that. With a decent gear, 180cp Highdaeva skill and proper weaving, templar's dps is not too low if compared to rangers, for example. Plus you have a lot of support skills which make you much more useful than a ranger.

      You say that you don't think panoply or BG are useful in istances like Garden, but the truth is that Garden is so nerfed that a lot of things became useless. In the 5.3 when garden was harder and you usually need 2 healers even to do 2 bosses, having a templar means you can go with just a cleric, obtaining an extra spot for a Fifth dps, making the run faster. The problem is that is possibile only if there's team work. Going randomly on lfg doesn't work a lot of times.

      Tl;dr: templar in pve is harder to use properly than the other classes, but it's not useless.

      DaggerOath wrote:

      So long time I have not seen a party asking for a templar. Even me when I am playing on cleric, I am taking 5 dps classes and make lok. I dont even think to take a plate because I know i am better with a DPS class.


      This is what happening curentlly in the game. They dont want event to take in cosideration templars. They prefer a DPS class and more heals. Is the reality. If there are exception there, sure they are but exception
      If would be more ppl thinking as u do but are not, so no matter how think the minority cause the majority will always dictate the way will be.
    • Kuroiz wrote:

      Temp with new 180 cp high deava skill is op though, does alot of damage. You can dps good with temp these days in instances, well ofcourse u will never catch up to a good sorc/sin but ye
      My dps is fine is actually quite good. This is not the issue. The issue is we are compared with sorcs and sins, bards, etc from dps perspective. They dont give sh@t anymore on what a good templar can do. All they see is DPS. Every run they link DPS on chat and is all that matter. No matter you kept the cleric alive, no matter u save an entire party from wiping, no matter u keep agro to every boss and 1000 ads in same time and you survived giving them the chance to DPS, no matter you taking every silence, paralyze, etc is possible out there because u cant run to avoid them so u make sure the party is protected, etc.

      All this things for many dose not matter anymore, many they dont know they even exist!
    • Well yes dps is everything to most people in pve. My main was a temp for a long time until pvp was alive. Now a days it’s kinda dead as people only do group pvp ( instances ) or get zerged while rifting so since pve is sort of alive I started doing it more and I rerolled to another class like 2 months ago because I started doing pve. Most of the time people have premades with templar so it’s hard to get in unless you have a premade yourself. So yes better start looking for a premade or people will never stop judging a book by its cover even if the temp is a good player and has good dps.
    • I can't tell if your dps is as good as you say, but sure - Templar doesn't reach the numbers a Sin can, but why does it matter? Neither does a Chanter or SW. And people love those.

      A well geared well played Templar is a gift. Their DPS can be huge and the additional defensive cooldowns ease the load on healers, thus securing stability and increasing overall DPS.