Pinned Asmodian Leveling Guide 1-75

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Boof, my brains hurt a bit. I did get access to KR server and played a bit from level 1 -> 75. Atm I can't progress further because of latency issues. My ping jumped from 750 to 3000 all of sudden (siege just ended so I guess all elyos filled Lakrum).

If you follow 6.0 first info topic you should already know following changes for leveling:

SPOILER WARNING!

Display Spoiler

- Majority of the low level maps including Nosra and Esterra will be gone.
      - Asmodian leveling goes like this: Ishalgen (1-10) -> Beluslan (1-40) -> Gelkmaros (40-55) -> Vengar (55-75) -> Lakrum (75-80)
      - Leveling from 1 to 80 should take around 8-12 hours

These are few things I did learn:
      - Each area is level capped, you can't level above 56 in Gelkmaros, for example.
      - Campaigns will be mandatory in order to progress
      - Majority of the quests will be removed and those few that are left will give boosted exp
      - Some of the class stigmas are received through key quests and you shouldn't skip them even if you got enough levels to proceed to the new area.
      - Grinding mobs is useless and majority of the instances are changed to 1 man.
      - Don't save any gear for your alts because the gear you receive from quests will be a lot better.
      - Quests are faster to finish in groups (and mob exp doesn't matter) and especially at start of the patch it's better to level up together because maps will be crowded.

I'm not sure if it's seriously worth it to make leveling guide 1 -> 80 anymore. I need to consider it because leveling will be so easy.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Cinerea ().

• You don’t really need a guide anymore, AION will guide you :P
      I mean seriously, there’s only 1 quest line you have to follow in order to level up, that includes running at least once every solo instance you come across to unlock next level and further dark blue quests (quest line) combined with every single campaign.
      You can’t do anything worse or better than following this straight line.
    • Yeah, exactly. It's like a rollercoaster ride from start to the end. Reminds me a lot from Blade & Soul in this aspect. I find it really sad because what I did love about mmorpgs was all of the choices you can have for your leveling... and when you get bored on the main quest you can go on side route and explore. In 6.0 it's better to have your game on windowed mode or 2nd screen and watch some tv-series same time so you don't die of boredom.
    • Cinerea wrote:

Yeah, exactly. It's like a rollercoaster ride from start to the end. Reminds me a lot from Blade & Soul in this aspect. I find it really sad because what I did love about mmorpgs was all of the choices you can have for your leveling... and when you get bored on the main quest you can go on side route and explore. In 6.0 it's better to have your game on windowed mode or 2nd screen and watch some tv-series same time so you don't die of boredom.
      I like this style. Because of how easy it was in bns to level up, I got to experience and learn the tricks of every class (some are really enjoyable). If you want to try some content with other class, you don't have to wait an eternity to level up and try it out. I liked the grind and lack of quest in a game like Lineage but there you could reach a certain level and find out you don't enjoy the class just as much, and to reroll might take you a year or more. Personally I never reached end level in that game after many years of playing and now there is no level cap either. That kind of system is really old, doesn't really fit with new gamers anymore.
    • Leveling wise, yes this is definitely faster since you can hit level cap in 2 days. And yes it seems that gamers nowadays are getting inpatient and want to see everything right now instead of waiting for months or years. I still will miss the old days regardless. :)

Just as a side note, I know Tower of Challenge guide is out-of-date. I haven't decided yet if I'll update it for patch 5.8 or not. It depends if it will be removed in 6.0, I haven't checked yet.

And yes I've started to work on the 6.0 guide. The new focus will be more on endgame progress instead of leveling (grinding, materials, basic information about new currencies and how to obtain them, links to useful guides and websites etc). There still will be list of the quests from L1 to L80 because if something gets bugged or player misses something important like stigmas or some quest reward they really wanted for X reason (skin?), they will have a way to backtrack.

And no I don't write nor speak korean. I know basics of writing system so I can copy the words from quests to notepad when there is no way to copy/paste them.
      Files
    • Cinerea wrote:

Just as a side note, I know Tower of Challenge guide is out-of-date. I haven't decided yet if I'll update it for patch 5.8 or not. It depends if it will be removed in 6.0, I haven't checked yet.
      It's not removed but it's changed yet again. Also, instead of rewards on every floor, you get your reward only at the end, and you have a global timer for all floors.
    • failboat wrote:

Cinerea wrote:

It's not removed but it's changed yet again. Also, instead of rewards on every floor, you get your reward only at the end, and you have a global timer for all floors.
      What do you mean?
    • It's like every other old solo content with timer. You kill stuff then you go fast to the next floor instead of resting, and so on. You can't really stop because there's a global timer (like hall of knowledge), I don't remember if it was 20 minutes or something when I saw the guy streaming it when he was inside. There was no reward on any floor so I assumed it's with rank at the end, but the guy got pissed because it was hard and he didn't finish it, to see any rewards. The mobs were all 80 and kind of changed again.
    • Updated few things. Added Mantor as an optional source of experience in case you happen to get stuck at Vengar even after clearing BT 2 times doing Rentus Base quests. I probably got stuck because I tried to level up too fast (missed experience from Luna instances, daily Energy of Repose and I couldn't bother to do Abyss campaign because I find them annoying). I'm probably not going to add the quest names to the list though because they are self-explanatory and you can't miss them because you receive all of them from 1 same NPC.