Cannot connect to the server

• Tech help

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Cannot connect to the server

So I've been trying to play the game for some time now after a break of good few years. First I downloaded the game from the original website with the gameforge launcher but when I try to join a server, I get a message "Cannot connect to the server" and it quits the game.
      I have installed the game through steam now but the same thing happens.
      I easily exceed the recommended reqs, I have aion.bin in firewall and antivirus exceptions, ran it as an administrator and even tried creating a .bat file to launch the game in 32-bit (got a message that the game is not available in my country, ignored it as I played it before).
      I do admit that my account dates to around 2012 if I remember correctly, but with client updates I don't see a reason for it not to work. I have contacted the gf support a few months ago but they were of no help at all.
      Any ideas, tips on what else I could try or why this might be happening? I have spend money on this game back in the day, would like to play it again, with my old acc and 3 characters.

Error that pops up: imgur.com/a/PSZHN

The post was edited 1 time, last by kazdom95 ().

• Hello kazdom95

just as clarification, you did have an old NC account or a GF account?
      If it was a NC account, did you make the transition?

Best regards
      Sita
      Community Guidelines

For balic atreia

Brigade General Sita of the 40th Army: What do you think about that? Isn't it exciting?

• Dear kazdom95

have you since saturday tried again and it still doesn't work?
      Did you try a different server?
      Could it by chance be that you had a faction conflict after the merge?
      This should have been solved by now.

Best regards
      Sita
      Community Guidelines

For balic atreia

Brigade General Sita of the 40th Army: What do you think about that? Isn't it exciting?

• Sita wrote:

Dear kazdom95

have you since saturday tried again and it still doesn't work?
      Did you try a different server?
      Could it by chance be that you had a faction conflict after the merge?
      This should have been solved by now.

Best regards
      Sita
      It still doesn't work.
      I have tried 2 different servers, no difference.
      Haven't played or followed updates since I stopped playing years ago, so I have no idea if there was a conflict, but there seem to be none atm, I checked on the website.

Created a second GF account and it still gives me the error. It seems that something is blocking my access to the server. It's not my firewall nor my AV. Will have to check my ports, but I looked into them back when I contacted the support and they looked fine. What else could be blocking the connection? Other software? (I'm launching the game through Steam if that makes any difference).
    • Just a thought...

Have you tried logging into the new account you made from a different computer? rebooting router? check you only have one firewall active. Most of the time if I have problems the tech help section in forum has helped. Check in task manager to make sure all entries for aion are closed down then try loading it up again.
    • Sorry for the late reply, was preoccupied with other stuff.

Rebelbabe wrote:

Just a thought...

Have you tried logging into the new account you made from a different computer? rebooting router? check you only have one firewall active. Most of the time if I have problems the tech help section in forum has helped. Check in task manager to make sure all entries for aion are closed down then try loading it up again.
      I logged onto my account from my friend's computer and it logged in no problem, even got to play with my old characters. He has the same internet provider as me, so that is not the issue.
      I rebooted the router and it did not help.
      I tried logging in with my private networks firewall off, then with public networks off and both ways were failures.
      Before each try, I have made sure that no processes for Aion were running in the task manager.
    • [FAQ] List of known technical problems and their solutions

This is the place I go to when I have problems. You have proved that your account at Aion side of things is fine so you should be able to log in. There must be something at your side of things that is causing a problem. Have you tried pinging the logon server and the server you play on from the .cmd prompt (as administrator)? you will find how to do that on page 2 of the tech help site I posted above.

I will say. I am not an Aion tech person, just someone trying to work it out with you.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Rebelbabe: Delete part of post after seeing image of error from original post ().

• I did not try pinging. But it says I have no access to this post... "Access denied. You are not authorized to view this page.".

Thank you very much for sticking around and trying to help me. I really appreciate it.
    • I think what is being looked into is the broken links in the technical section. They may help you find the problem. There is not a problem at Aion end so nothing they can really fix. You were able to get into game from another computer so account is not blocked in anyway. Something at your home side of things is blocking or not set right. Is what it seems to me.
    • I was searching online to see if anyone else had same issue as you. Found one that was very similar. That one said playing from Tunisia. Your profile says Ireland. On the main Gameforge screen what do you have your country set to? What country does your friend have set?

Choose country is at top right of gameforge screen. Just taking it from the start of things. If anyone else has suggestions please feel free to add.

Do you use proxy server connection?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Rebelbabe ().