[PvE Event] Axe Soup (until 05.04.2017)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The situation is like thios because of the stupid decision which the company took in the past, like the veteran reward system. They actually burned years of revenues in a couple of months only for this system, struggling to keep the previous model as they planned.
    At start, game was nice, shop was a nice place to spend money, only thing you could get was really the pay 2 convencience stuff like once was told in Ask Aion videos, and no item there was creating an advantage over the other players (only gold packs, skins, some xp amulets were there)
    But when you add a system like this, you already know that people will buy items to get bonuses out of them (the Gold packs to get Veteran Rewards) and that will decrease your revenues later, it doesn't need a genius to understand this.
    Back then, the amount of people playing was really huge, and the game was like "More I pay, more I get", even in 3.9! Then they kept doing nice things, until 4.5, which is the patch I consider the start of the P2W era, feathers and accessories enchant.
    Then they removed black stones, which were awesome, to add all powerful, and gear enchanting to level 20, insanely expensive to do same thing as before.
    After, they even added new stigma system to rip the poor people off even more :D old ones were not profitable enough for the company, and they removed easy ways to get AP, so people were forced to buy SWB scrolls.
    In 5.0 they added so many p2w stuff: level reduction stones (quest will be removed), breakable gear (and with current playerbase, drop rate and failure rate it is impossible to achieve getting new decent equipment), manastones which are impossible to get (main source of manastones above +6 is the shop), and they added so many XP buffs to achieve level 75 and get the transformation skill which allows even monkeys to be good for 5 minutes, plus pvp attack and defence buffs over low levels and insane amount of creation points and I could continue for years.
    Thing is a game should reward the people who play it, not who spend money on the shop, is really funny it takes 1 year to level to 75 without using real money, and it only takes 1 if you are willing to spend around 2000€, is really nice to not be able to obtain serums and all powerful from game or paying an insane amount for them, when a whale can buy with 3000€ the whole gear, which is now even tradable ( :D ), get it to max enchantment level and stomp everyone, in max a week.
    Next step will be something like this: soon they'll add a funny pack on AION shop, for 999 AION coins, which makes gear unbreakable for 1 month, so that they can rip even more off from poor people.

Such a shame, keeping the playerbase as it was, probably you'd never have had the need to do all of this.
    Aphrodiiitee - Level 65 Deyla Asmo Bard
  • @Tasmya You are talking for NCsoft and GF like they are one company. I agree with some of your arguments, but do you make a difference between them ? As it sounds you are blaming GF for everything, but most of the thing you pointed out are not made from GF as they are only publisher. The shop related stuff is their fault - like events, rng boxes, etc. Not sure how their revenue of gold packs were decreased as people are still selling and looking for gold packs every day. Also some are making second account and boosting it to 80/80. And if it wasnt the vet reward system very few people would have accessories at +5 or +7, gear more than +7+8, not to mention that most of us would still be with blue feathers at +4+5 as the ones at +10 in the broker wouldnt be ~300-400kk only. I dont want to be GF advocate here, they should change their events and rewards from them, they have to listen more the community and our feedbacks, but apart from that everything else were made from NCsoft. Game is grindy and hardcore as always
  • Ashandarey wrote:

@Tasmya You are talking for NCsoft and GF like they are one company. I agree with some of your arguments, but do you make a difference between them ? As it sounds you are blaming GF for everything, but most of the thing you pointed out are not made from GF as they are only publisher. The shop related stuff is their fault - like events, rng boxes, etc. Not sure how their revenue of gold packs were decreased as people are still selling and looking for gold packs every day. Also some are making second account and boosting it to 80/80. And if it wasnt the vet reward system very few people would have accessories at +5 or +7, gear more than +7+8, not to mention that most of us would still be with blue feathers at +4+5 as the ones at +10 in the broker wouldnt be ~300-400kk only. I dont want to be GF advocate here, they should change their events and rewards from them, they have to listen more the community and our feedbacks, but apart from that everything else were made from NCsoft. Game is grindy and hardcore as always
    I perfectly know what I'm talking about, I know the game is developed by a different company than the one who published it in European market. But I can easily reply to that, did you ever watch on YouTube all the videos many users did comparing the drop rate on European servers and retail NA one, in the previous patches? Gameforge definitely nerfed our drop rate, and that's not the only thing.
    Check events, we are getting events which come from NA, but with different - MUCH MUCH WORSE! - rewards. Gameforge could add events, like permanent 200% Experience Buff in the weekends, 200% drop rate, stop changing loot tables nerfing world drop rates.
    Can't deny Ncsoft made this game like it is, but definitely Gameforge could touch things to make it better, not worse like it was done.
    Also consider, the EU model is P2P, Gold Pack is something required in order to play the game, no one can say this game can be enjoyed without it. A game like this should be balanced to reward people who play longer, not people who are wealthier and can afford to spend more on the stupid shop.
    Aphrodiiitee - Level 65 Deyla Asmo Bard
  • Tasmya wrote:

Gameforge definitely nerfed our drop rate
    or NA increased it. I'm pretty sure they said multiple times that our drop rate matches the korean one. We have a permanent serum event, maybe they have permanent drop event.

Tasmya wrote:

A game like this should be balanced to reward people who play longer
    I have been playing longer than most but i'm pretty sure if they favored people like me over people than spend any money, this game would have shut down long time ago.