Newbie needs help

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Newbie needs help

Hey there Aion community!

I have been playing this game for only one day and I'm loving it so far. Im a little bit confused about what I should to though. I am level 10 for now, and I am interested in becoming an Assassin. I have been running around talking to NPC's for hours and killing them monsters gathering some stuff. I am plannig to buy the Beginner's Pack on the store. I need help. What should I do? If there was anything I should have done before, should I create a new character? I am planning to play this game for a long time since I really loved the graphics and stuff. I was searcing for a MMO for a long time. How should I start and how should I speed up my progress? I learn pretty fast when it comes to games (I hate you Math!) but seems like everyone has reached high levels. I want to too, but I do't know how. Any advice would be soo much appreciated. Thanks ^^

My server is Antriksha, faction is Asmodian, and my in-game nickname is Thalies. thanks for the tip :D

The post was edited 1 time, last by xoxokardia ().

• Welcome Xoxokardia

first of all you might want to add your server and faction, I am pretty sure that someone from there will come and help with more information.

Best regards and have fun in game
      Sita
      Community Guidelines

For balic atreia

Brigade General Sita of the 40th Army: What do you think about that? Isn't it exciting?

• [NICK]n00b wrote:

Hi new player. I don't suggest assassin as it is the hardest class to play in game at the moment in PVP.

I suggest a Cleric or Chanter.

The pack is very useful, but make sure you've decided on a class and stick to it.
      I have read some stuff about the clerics and chanters, I want to be able to fight and deal damage. Can clerics and chanters do that? I've played lots of games and never enjoyed supporting for some reason :')
    • cleric requres the most gear of all classes but its pretty capable in dps as well, altho its NOT a class for group pvp as dps,
      as dps u can play either pve or solo pvp
      As chanter u can do dps(certrainly not the highest dps class but its mroe than enough) for both pvp and pve while maintaining some support, u can choose if u wanna go full supp , full dps or hybrid on both classes depending on situation and requirements of the group/ area / boss etc etc
    • Thank you all for almost instant help. I will go check out the classes you guys mentioned. They all sound so good and if the assassins are THAT hard to play, i might not be able to pull it off. Since the game is off for now, I'll go do some learning then ^^
    • have in mind all classes are hard in their own way, some are easier during pvp some are easier to used mmo players some like assassin are easier for more mechanical players and so on (mentionned sin as its the one u started as)
    • Hi, im an asmodian assassin from antriksha and its the first class i picked in aion which was my first mmorpg game.. I got to say its the best class in aion atleast for me as i like close combat action and the ability to hide n its speed just makes it very interesting to play. It wasn't easy as there are many ways to play it. Once u have found your favourite build you just have to play lots to get used to. I wouldn't worry about buying shop items to help level when you are still level 10. Its much easier to level now till 65 just do all the main yellow quests n blue ones as they give the most xp.

P. S. Servers are back online, cya in 5.4

The post was edited 1 time, last by Skateray ().

• xoxokardia wrote:

Thank you all for almost instant help. I will go check out the classes you guys mentioned. They all sound so good and if the assassins are THAT hard to play, i might not be able to pull it off. Since the game is off for now, I'll go do some learning then ^^
      Welcome mate. Sin is not that hard, specially if you have a gaming mouse with extra buttons. I have Logitech G700s which I recommend. My main is ranger, but my alt is a sin and I really love the little one. That class is the top dps in game along side with sorcerers in pve and its really hard to deal and very annoying in pvp. This thread in the NA forum is a very nice guide, they are updating it and you can learn a lot about stigma builds, gear, stats ...
    • Guys omg thank you so so much I did not expect this much help in this amount of time. I will follow your advices and if I don't like the ''sin'' I can change since I am really low on level right now.

Skateray wrote:

Hi, im an asmodian assassin from antriksha and its the first class i picked in aion which was my first mmorpg game.. I got to say its the best class in aion atleast for me as i like close combat action and the ability to hide n its speed just makes it very interesting to play. It wasn't easy as there are many ways to play it. Once u have found your favourite build you just have to play lots to get used to. I wouldn't worry about buying shop items to help level when you are still level 10. Its much easier to level now till 65 just do all the main yellow quests n blue ones as they give the most xp.

P. S. Servers are back online, cya in 5.4

Ashandarey wrote:

xoxokardia wrote:

Thank you all for almost instant help. I will go check out the classes you guys mentioned. They all sound so good and if the assassins are THAT hard to play, i might not be able to pull it off. Since the game is off for now, I'll go do some learning then ^^
      Welcome mate. Sin is not that hard, specially if you have a gaming mouse with extra buttons. I have Logitech G700s which I recommend. My main is ranger, but my alt is a sin and I really love the little one. That class is the top dps in game along side with sorcerers in pve and its really hard to deal and very annoying in pvp. This thread in the NA forum is a very nice guide, they are updating it and you can learn a lot about stigma builds, gear, stats ...

I have a gaming mouse with a lot of extra buttons and logitech also has a software allows me to customize it (i sound like a complete newbie but i know that stuff at least lol). You guys' comments completely describe what i want from my character. I want to be fast and up in personal, It's just the way I have fun :D I always played assassins I got the feeling that I will find what I'm looking for :D Here I go yay!
    • Just checked the post there, but the corrections from the replies are better and more accurate. In any case not rly a good post for newbie especially with gf pack as those guys there using too many acronyms and na names of skilsl etc so it wouldnt be understandable.

[NICK]n00b wrote:

Try a Spiritmaster perhaps then, if you don't want to support.
      Just an input regarding this, be prepared to cut your venes if u choose this class as its the most anoying class to play with due to the counless bugs with your spirit, and the fact u're gonna be obliderated 1st always becase ppl dont want SM casting its "fear shriek" skill. I am writing as main SM player here, also its certainly 1 of the most complex class regardless of what ppl say how OP SM is(general stuff SM is by far the easiest, but while that is true details are way too many), and just to say while players of other classes have over 30% ppl that know how to play their classes ~fine in SM case the % is less than 5 - this is just reference. I do NOT recommend this class by any means.

The post was edited 2 times, last by t0re ().

• t0re wrote:

Just checked the post there, but the corrections from the replies are better and more accurate. In any case not rly a good post for newbie especially with gf pack as those guys there using too many acronyms and na names of skilsl etc so it wouldnt be understandable.

[NICK]n00b wrote:

Try a Spiritmaster perhaps then, if you don't want to support.
      Just an input regarding this, be prepared to cut your venes if u choose this class as its the most anoying class to play with due to the counless bugs with your spirit, and the fact u're gonna be obliderated 1st always becase ppl dont want SM casting its "fear shriek" skill. I am writing as main SM player here, also its certainly 1 of the most complex class regardless of what ppl say how OP SM is(general stuff SM is by far the easiest, but while that is true details are way too many), and just to say while players of other classes have over 30% ppl that know how to play their classes ~fine in SM case the % is less than 5 - this is just reference. I do NOT recommend this class by any means.

LOL this actually scared me, after the comments of the assassin players, I'll give the assassin a chance first. I have more free time than any other person in this world so, I can always change back :D
    • what means scaring ppl lol? do you know how often i get so angry that i wanna delete my sm, and i consider myself higher than average player. How exactly is fun class, easiest class after cleric that dont heal to wipe your group in pve, hard to optimize (additionally to say here its the hardest class to combo perfectly with others for optimal dps,survibility- depends a lot on the brain of the rest of the group - here i have to underline gladiator's earthquake wave, cleric's aero snare, sorc's sleeps bard's sleeps). During pvp if u consider fun fear,fear,fear,fear(by this point your opponent is uber angry) fun? And during group pvp u are dead every 30s while fighting serious groups. I do agree like my sm but i wouldnt say a starting player will enjoy masochism.

Classes that are easiest to understand overall are sorc,bard,chanter,gunner , may be AT(kind of questionable). Cler comes somewhere in the middle.

Now sorc in particular is the class that diverse the quality of players behind it a lot. but overal in all stages of its players skill level is pretty good regarding other classes and palyers behind them of the same skill level

The post was edited 2 times, last by t0re ().

• True all the above but it becomes rewarding once u get the hang of it. all I can say is once u reach about 770-800 crit spell it becomes awesome.
      I stopped pvp ing since my +0 accessories and bm mythic are in no shape usefull and I don't like to feed the zergs ap :p
      But with my rune gear and crit spell I started enjoying pve :)
    • Yes, assasin is indeed the hardest class if to consider it requires very good connection and following (when target is running away and you need to catch him). And very good timing sure.
      But anyway you can try sin just to understand buffs and skills of this class. The most pro players tried themselves for many classes to better understand how to fight them. So, it will not be bad experience. But you will be disappointed, yes.
      Cler is much better. This class is very strong 1v1 in this game.
      Not talking about sm (and bards) that was discussed here cause a lot of ppl just hate this class for imbalanced skills.
    • Welcome new assassin or whatever class you choose to play.

First of all, it's you who has to have fun with it - I agree with sin being hard to play (been on it since 2010), but still you can have fun - as long as you don't give a damn about what others think, if your DPS is high enough etc

Second also SM is quite fun, and I have to agree with t0re here - there are a lot of SMs that are ok - in solo play
      regarding group play I haven't met many really good SMs, that know how to actually support their group
      (not talking bout a pve point of view which is discussable in times of who does most dps, but in pvp and control pov)
      and: you are first target - if you have a mean streak though, it's the class for you... all the dispelling and the fearing are worth the focus mwahahahaha

third: support classes as DPS, cleric deal out WAY too much damage, I don't like it at all, and we are seriously lacking healing clerics - if you don't like support at all, do yourself a favour and stick with DPS (I can understand your commitment to getting up close and dirty, it's quite refreshing :P)
    • What people forget to add is that yes the sin is a hard class to master, but it's one of the most rewarding classes when mastered.

Be careful when buying the beginner pack though, you can only buy it once because it's pretty good value.