It's a healer problem

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I agree with t0re on that - if people would just say they are new
      they don't even tell you when you ask - unless they screw up and are told they would get kicked then you get a "but I am first timer"

oh and save me from the they cant heal cause dps stigmas - the most important skills havent been stigmas for a while already
      benevolence and noble grace are nice to have till 66 and rather a must for endgame instances but it definitely is NOT that you can't heal without them
    • @Yranna made some really good points and talked about his/her own experiences also and I found myself just nodding. This happens all the damn time.

There is also an interesting phenomenon that new clerics are more likely to get complaints even if they did perform just fine.

On my lower level alt cleric I tend to get lots of "feedback" but on my main I rarely get any complaints. It's weird. Yes, my main has more gear and stronger heals but result is usually same.

It doesn't help that fellow clerics tend to give a cold shower to their colleagues too. I was once in Runatorium with this cleric I've never met before and I got quite annoyed from some quite stupid little mistakes (we would've lost that even if she did perform 100% perfect). I got annoyed from not getting dispelled from CC and I said it aloud on ts in a quite angry tone. And I regretted it instantly.... I should known better but yet here I'm...

Clerics just need to grow a thick shell and become so cynic that you don't care about people blaming you on stupid things. D:
    • On pve cleric is by far the least apm required class and i dont see how is a cleric player more different than other class players honestly.
      Most of the times i've been blamed for not healing is when i'm with 5 bots from some random italian legion that refuse to speak a word in english thats different than flame.And i wouldnt say such situations rly count.
      But here's the other situation:
      Example from yday - in LoK a guy was running away from me all the time(i was on cleric) and he was taking the disgrace in the face alone, while i was trying to summon the servants next to him under the boss to protect him. So he gets 1shoted few times and blames me for not being able to heal. Most people(cleric) would never be doing this but its a way of carrying weak groups(players) as long as they let u ofc.
    • What's so hard playing a cleric in pve, everyone can do it and if your group isn't brain dead aggroing everything then you're fine.
      The good clerics shine in PvP where it's actually pretty tough to be responsible for keeping your group alive, dispelled, positioned, keeping an eye of incoming CC, and and and...
      Pve is a joke compared to that.

Back then I rushed a cleric for fun to 65 and directly healed Runadium and Katalamize in half quest / half coin gear.
      Once I got some pvp gear I realized that cleric is hard to play in group pvp, but pve was just chilling and eating pizza
    • Well, that is mostly true but a newbie group can make things a lot more frustrating for PvE. Try to heal Narakali with alliance that doesn't know anything about the tactics.

But yes, PvP healing is hard and you need to multitask a lot. The most frustrating part is that there is very little cleric can do v.s proper premade. Harder the enemies are, more it comes down to teamwork, setup and how geared your group is.

Yes, you can try to keep track on your cds, ripple stuff, swap between sets and CP, get LoS or take dmg from mobs to avoid CC etc but it all will be useless if your group can't get any kills. :)

Yeah, clerics aren't special snowflakes, just one piece in the puzzle. We still need our channels to let the steam out so that we don't go crazy or reroll.
    • I found healing in PvP way more relaxed than PvE - prolly cause I have issues staying awake in PvE later on but in the beginning due to heal aggro
      If you have the necessary gear and are still cc'ed - well you cant do more than watch em die - but when you fall asleep cause this is boring af then you get ofc the blame

(best was still when I was healing MMV in 1.5 some other party overaggroed and ran and the resetting mobs got stuck on me, my party telling me not to aggro mobs... like wtf...)
    • Cinerea wrote:

Well, that is mostly true but a newbie group can make things a lot more frustrating for PvE. Try to heal Narakali with alliance that doesn't know anything about the tactics.

But yes, PvP healing is hard and you need to multitask a lot. The most frustrating part is that there is very little cleric can do v.s proper premade. Harder the enemies are, more it comes down to teamwork, setup and how geared your group is.

Yes, you can try to keep track on your cds, ripple stuff, swap between sets and CP, get LoS or take dmg from mobs to avoid CC etc but it all will be useless if your group can't get any kills. :)

Yeah, clerics aren't special snowflakes, just one piece in the puzzle. We still need our channels to let the steam out so that we don't go crazy or reroll.
      Let's not forget the ridiculous amount of godstone procs. If 1-2 people with a new silence godstone are on you, good luck getting anything done if you don't have another person to dispel you. Think I have some recordings where I am silenced for 3 solid minutes...... One starts to wonder if there is even any point of being there at all :| I see why so many people run double cleric setup these days, but sadly not everyone has that luxury :asad: Cine stop working so much so we can sneak you into our group pls
    • t0re wrote:

Hakurin wrote:

Cine stop working so much so we can sneak you into our group pls
      u sneaky sneaky :D well either double cler or cler + brained bard , otherwise u can just watch tv meanwhile
      Sadly they do not exist in deyla asmo side afaik or they are already in a group :asad: so I'll just have to enjoy the silence festivals I guess :|
    • Yranna wrote:

Clerics need space to grow and improve, but are rarly accepted and mentored when they are bad
      Most what I hear if I tell some cleric how they might be able to improve their performance is "but XY said something else" or "I already know, it's all your fault instead". On the other hand there are those who invite a level 70 cleric with no gear to Garden and wonder why they fail without support - and there is the level 70 cleric that thinks he might be able to do it well just like that. In my opinion both have to take the blame for it.
      I do know it's very hard to do well in Garden if you don't have Healing Wave and are expected to do it all by yourself - even if the DDs are ok up to good, but likewise it's important to know what you can do and what you can't (yet).

I mean I died in Library last time with my cleric when I couldn't move and the other 3 clerics in the group failed to a) free me of the generator and b) heal me at all. Nowadays no matter where I am with cleric - even if there are others I mostly will have to support them or do most of it alone on Dmg build. It starts with using no scrolls at all, it ends with very bad gear and completely wrong skill usage (no timing, useless skills etc). DDs are in fact always like that as well, but you wouldn't notice them that much in a lot of instances - and depending on the class it's easier to cover bad skill with gear after all.

t0re wrote:

Those girls that play aion on their own tend to be equally skilled with males in my opinion (or at least with the supports).
      [this fall in offtopic] My opinion however is that generally girls are much worse than males with classes such as sorc and sin. My guess for that is they cant handle the maneuvering of those two.
      In my opinion it's not a matter of classes, but ambitions. A lot of them state something like "who cares about dmg etc it's for fun". It's their choice, but if you seriously want to succeed in something more difficult it might become annoying. Furthermore this is often heard as well: "Oh I'm typing, watching TV, stroking my cat and preparing the meal. Healing? Wait a sec..." :whistling:
    • Sirkka wrote:

Furthermore this is often heard as well: "Oh I'm typing, watching TV, stroking my cat and preparing the meal. Healing? Wait a sec..."
      Hah....with me it's usually different, I tell husband: "Shh!! I will be healing." (t0re can confirm, he hears me on TS). But my 100% concentration and attention doesn't automatically mean I will perform well. Sometimes it's a....matter of skill or no skill. /sigh

I mean, I am of those people who try hard, but it doesn't always work. While there are others who do it without much effort.
    • Ternezia wrote:

Sirkka wrote:

Furthermore this is often heard as well: "Oh I'm typing, watching TV, stroking my cat and preparing the meal. Healing? Wait a sec..."
      Hah....with me it's usually different, I tell husband: "Shh!! I will be healing." (t0re can confirm, he hears me on TS). But my 100% concentration and attention doesn't automatically mean I will perform well. Sometimes it's a....matter of skill or no skill. /sigh
      I mean, I am of those people who try hard, but it doesn't always work. While there are others who do it without much effort.
      ... i went with my alt cler in GoK with randoms...
      At one time i started watching "Top Gear" on my TV instead of healing ... the result ... some ppl died ... :D
      The official reason was extremely high ping ... The real reason was interview with Danny Boyle ( The Director of Trainspotting 2) and his try to make an extreme car drive...