It's a healer problem

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• It's a healer problem

I just leave this here, it was posted on one of the FB groups - even though a few years old, it reminded me again why I rerolled away from cleric

you can't just go afk heal and go for a pee (other than any dps)
      you get blamed like a lot
      you die (cause stupid healing aggro)

Too all the clerics: I feel you, cleric is just my 3rd main, I rather not heal anymore, but all of you that are passionate about healing, you have my deepest respect
      (sidenote: this does not count for wannabe sorcs "i am only dps" clerics)
    • This made me laugh, I do not just like it.. I love it.

And yes, many times at the end of something you are left wondering if you did do something wrong.

Like DPSing with heals. yes, give us an little electric shock we can hit the rambos that go running off away from group shouting heal, why don't you heal... now that would be fun.
    • Ternezia wrote:

And I just love when tank takes heavy dmg and I am focused on him and a dps goes rampage "where are my heals?!!" Really need some kind of shooting stick to put them in place.
      yes the electric shock... like a cattle prod.

hehhehe funny thought.. more fireworks.. one that says... that little red bottle in inventory is not for show.
    • It is really sad that clerics feel so much pressure that they give up.

No one ever says.... actually you did a good job but we made it so hard for you. Or... was not your fault, all the group had problems.

Hey Livo, I know you like fun.... make some ... cleric strikes back videos.. those I would love to see.
    • Rebelbabe wrote:

No one ever says.... actually you did a good job but we made it so hard for you. Or... was not your fault, all the group had problems.
      Ow come on who told u that, if i have to blame some1 i blame the person responsible, thats not neccery to be the cleric XD
      And i definetely do say good job if idd it was
    • First rule: blame the cleric
      You died, blame the cleric - oh wait the cleric is dead - who cares! blame the cleric!
      You need dispel, blame the cleric - oh wait the cleric is silenced, kd, para, slept - who cares! blame the cleric!

Gotta say though there are some clerics that defo don't do their job- cause they prolly don't even know it.
      If you are the only healer, you don't go and dps in PvP (fond memories - not!)
      Rush into two sms? also a no go

In my opinion a pure dps cleric is an abomination, people that rolled cleric just for dps'ing are wannabe sorcs and took the wrong class
      If you know how to heal, and want to dps, be my guest - but a pure "I don't heal I am dps"? well go screw yourself, you have no place in any of my groups/allys.
      These days with a lot of old stigmas being simple skills everyone has, there is no reason not to heal.
    • I've been so spoiled by my legion and friends that I forgot that this is actually a reality for many healers, but the other day I went RT with a random lfg group and it left me with a very strong feeling of "never again" :D
    • Evita wrote:

In my opinion a pure dps cleric is an abomination, people that rolled cleric just for dps'ing are wannabe sorcs and took the wrong class
      Agree. It's a waste of the class.

Regarding healing and blaming - a dungeon run is always a group effort. If dps are slacking, it's more exhausting for the healer, especially if the healer is not best geared. Of course it's not always dps fault, if the healer can't keep up with their job for various reasons. But IMO nearly always the healer can be helped, be it with better dps (faster fight, less pressure), to have a support healer, etc.

Healing requires more concentration than dps, I'd say - constant concentration and focus. You can't be semi-afk, talk on the phone, etc, and keep everything under perfect control, unless you're overgeared for the instance, everyone else in the party is overgeared and doesn't need much heal. Many people do not realize that healing takes more energy and the player might be more tired in the end than others from the party.
    • the problem is cleric is the most important class to be pro in group pvp. But it is mostly played by girls with 100+ ping. And that makes some issues. I had 4 male-clers during last half-year in my group (i mean they were in my group at least more than 10 times/each) and can admit I had less questions to them about their work.
      ofc exceptions exist, but thats mostly problem of NCSoft and mmorpg system that makes cleric very important and required in any group events. If only "pro" play this class, we wouldnt have clerics at all. Thats why I liked my previous game: there werent healers, but endless HP potions with low cd (2+sec). Srsly tired of this dependence on clerics. Doesnt matter how good am I and players that I invite, we lose more than half runatoriums cause of support.
      /discuss?
    • Desperation wrote:

But it is mostly played by girls with 100+ ping. And that makes some issues. I had 4 male-clers during last half-year in my group (i mean they were in my group at least more than 10 times/each) and can admit I had less questions to them about their work.

A sexist statement, no?
    • Desperation wrote:

the problem is cleric is the most important class to be pro in group pvp. But it is mostly played by girls with 100+ ping. And that makes some issues. I had 4 male-clers during last half-year in my group (i mean they were in my group at least more than 10 times/each) and can admit I had less questions to them about their work.
      ofc exceptions exist, but thats mostly problem of NCSoft and mmorpg system that makes cleric very important and required in any group events. If only "pro" play this class, we wouldnt have clerics at all. Thats why I liked my previous game: there werent healers, but endless HP potions with low cd (2+sec). Srsly tired of this dependence on clerics. Doesnt matter how good am I and players that I invite, we lose more than half runatoriums cause of support.
      /discuss?
      Just because you had a small sample of 4 decent male clerics makes you think this is gender related.
      Let me throw in my sample, excluding 1 or 2 clerics, every good cleric I've ever played with was a girl.

Let's be honest, if anybody puts time and effort into a class, he or she can be good at it. Up to you to surround yourself with better players, not blame the ones you end up with.