Kumuki Event - until 03/05/2017

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [NICK]n00b wrote:

Lmao, servers costs are a joke compared to the profit they make, even individuals can sustain them, not to mention a company.

They can most definitely survive on selling skins. That is offtopic anyway, I wouldn't mind the p2w as long as we get nice events every now and a while, sadly only bad ones like the current one, if you count as "exp" being good, which spoilers, it's not. Gear wins.
    Perhaps, but they have employees to pay, and NC to pay for the rights.
    P2W is never good, no matter what the circumstances are.
    In the end they can do whatever they want.

And i like that we at least get xp with this event.
  • Sebivine wrote:

Companies need to make money, Aion is not like league of legends that can just survive on selling skins.

Helkeheri wrote:

Actually its the model they follow to make income that's feels problematic to me.
    I mean, what GF is trying to do is make a deficit of items in-game and then trying to force/coerce the community to invest in the game using RL money. This is causing a severe lack of interest in the community and old players are slowly leaving the game, and with each update it is also becoming harder for new players to get anything, so a gap ends up being created which again makes new players quit as well.
    This wouldn't have been a problem, if EU AION wasn't a F2P game though.

On the other hand a few years back, when the Events used to be good, the demand for SHOP items was also high and so was the player base size. Compared to that, the present where most of the initial money spender in the game have left because it wasn't worth it (as the RNG was getting bad with each update and event) and the demand of SHOP item is low as well (that's what i feel) with only Skins and GP from the SHOP having the highest demand presently.

Just for example, around 2015 i used to see demand for event items from SHOP like extra Entry Scrolls or Chest Keys. But for the past few events people selling them have almost gone so is the demand, as the RNG is getting bad. And in this Event i don't see anyone selling any SHOP Golden Keys at all (you can understand this based on the amount of Keys someone if trying to sell), and the only Golden Keys being sold are the ones which we get in-Event as rare drops.

What GF should actually do, is give players more items so that they themselves ask for more and eventually they end up buying items from the SHOP (or atleast have others buy those for them).
    Its in human nature to ask for more when they get more most of the time, especially if its related to free stuff initially. This leads to them wanting to get items more even if it means they would have to spend money and they even end up buying it in the end.
  • This is starting to feel like 2 other games.

In the first one, whose rights GF bought, some channels in every server are shop-only, barely anybody does anything except farming money, and items used for upgrading stuff are worth hundreds of thousands of in-game coin, whereas upgraded items range from a hundred million coins to so much that they needed to create a new coin worth a billion coins. Even at low levels, you're nobody if you don't have a fully upgraded weapon and armor (even if they're low-tier).

In the other game, you can't find mid-level players. You either find new, low-tier players getting killed, or top 30 players (of scores of thousands of registered players per server) with top-tier stuff hunting them. Any player who is still active can kill any new player in a single hit, or in 2 if they get the best free stuff, and all new players that don't pay RL money drop out after just a few days of getting one-hit-killed by every single red dot on the map.

I don't want to see the time when this game focuses only on "wallet warriors" (who can also be scouts, mages, priests, techs and muses) and leaves the rest helpless, nor I want to see the time when all this game is about becomes getting a character up to level 66, getting HD stuff for it and make it grind with an automatism for days, then giving the kinah to a crafting character to make items to sell, then buying top-tier upgraded armor and giving it to the main and to the grinder (I think that's how it goes in the other GF game by what I saw there).

I love this game, I really really really love this game, and I don't want to see it become so worthless. Meanwhile, in other games, stuff is easy to find and almost 100% sure to be crafted (and 100% sure to be upgraded) once you become able to, and the game is still interesting after you get end-of-game equipment. But hey, those games don't mind the profit.
    "Soy un poeta sin versos." — Alberto Méndez, Los girasoles ciegos
    "Amore, more, ore, re, probantur amicitiæ." —Latin tongue twister
  • The thing is companies need to make profit and not just maintain the servers. If Aion wasn't profitable for GameForge they would shut the servers down. They also need to pay monthly to employees/rent for offices/electricity/etc running expends and portion of their money also goes to NCSoft as licence fees. It's not charity after all. But eh, the question is how much profit they are actually making and do they really care about the customers (us). Well, people will vote with their wallets eventually if we aren't happy with the game. ;) They kinda need to find balance between the two which isn't going to be easy tbh.

I feel like NCSoft kinda designed 5.x to be more cash shop oriented even though KR version has lots of bots roaming around. I find it depressing and I've found myself playing less and less every day. Q_Q

Anyway, back tot he topic. Make this event permanent, I need my lazy exp.
  • GF needs money for offices, energy and more stuff, right? Well, they have more games, not every one of those needs to be a cash machine, specially when you call it FREE TO PLAY in the main page. But everyone designs their MMORPGs to farm money from us, so meh, why bother?
    "Soy un poeta sin versos." — Alberto Méndez, Los girasoles ciegos
    "Amore, more, ore, re, probantur amicitiæ." —Latin tongue twister
  • First of all is a big company and indeed need money to pay employes , energy ,internet ,taxes and so on but from time to time they must remember to give something back to the players who keep this game alive and not only crap things . This game have many bugs some of them reported many many times and still not solved have many players who use cheats and nobody did something against them because they spend too many euro's each month and they cant afford to loose them BUT please make happy even others players who fill this servers even if they spend less euro. I like this game i allmoust quitted few times because of hackers and cheaters but i wasted too much time from my life on this game and i'm not sorry about this but i just ask to get some decent events from time to time not only for big whales but for normal players too. :)
  • [NICK]zorach wrote:

Sebivine wrote:

Companies need to make money, Aion is not like league of legends that can just survive on selling skins.

Helkeheri wrote:

Actually its the model they follow to make income that's feels problematic to me.
    I mean, what GF is trying to do is make a deficit of items in-game and then trying to force/coerce the community to invest in the game using RL money. This is causing a severe lack of interest in the community and old players are slowly leaving the game, and with each update it is also becoming harder for new players to get anything, so a gap ends up being created which again makes new players quit as well.
    This wouldn't have been a problem, if EU AION wasn't a F2P game though.

On the other hand a few years back, when the Events used to be good, the demand for SHOP items was also high and so was the player base size. Compared to that, the present where most of the initial money spender in the game have left because it wasn't worth it (as the RNG was getting bad with each update and event) and the demand of SHOP item is low as well (that's what i feel) with only Skins and GP from the SHOP having the highest demand presently.

Just for example, around 2015 i used to see demand for event items from SHOP like extra Entry Scrolls or Chest Keys. But for the past few events people selling them have almost gone so is the demand, as the RNG is getting bad. And in this Event i don't see anyone selling any SHOP Golden Keys at all (you can understand this based on the amount of Keys someone if trying to sell), and the only Golden Keys being sold are the ones which we get in-Event as rare drops.

What GF should actually do, is give players more items so that they themselves ask for more and eventually they end up buying items from the SHOP (or atleast have others buy those for them).
    Its in human nature to ask for more when they get more most of the time, especially if its related to free stuff initially. This leads to them wanting to get items more even if it means they would have to spend money and they even end up buying it in the end.
    That was a reaction to "everything should be free cuz even i could afford to run 1 aion server"

Anyway, we all know the direction they took isn't the right one.
    They were constantly nerfing event rewards though.

At the begining, shugo dropped 5-8 keys, and the loot was good.
    Later the keys became rare 1-3, but the lot was still good.
    But now it doesn't drop anything worthy anymore, and no keys either.

When shugo event was on at christmas, we got a (or 2, can't remember) free token every day, and snow flakes also gave tokens.
    This time we didn't get any free rolls, and the rewards were mostly crap.
    PS: Snow flakes, we got only half the ammount of what NA got every day.

In the 2 weeks of kumuki i managed to save all 4 pigs besides my first 2 run.
    I've only seen 1 key for the chests, and barelly got any AP, but usually potions. (not that it can drop anything good)
    The fact the xp is good, is it's only saving grace, but we have NC to thank for that most likely.

And now we have the cards event as well
    The 23rd, 24th cards are shop exclusive. Not that anyone would be lucky enough to get 22 different cards for free.
    But they also nerfed the rewards to the ground.

Then we could talk about luna, and so on.

But no matter how much we complain about it.
    Because apparently this doesn't fit into the "daeva care" package.
    What do you expect of a company that sells/used to sell, simple potions and power shards in their shop?!
    If ranger still needed arrows, i bet it'd be there as well.
  • There are ALOT more ways to make money for a company instead of making games P2W. Leave the shop. Make it only pets, mounts skins etc. But for the love of christ remove the all powerfulls and serums. Keep stuff like Loda's stars, reset scroll and 100% supplements. There are alot of f2p games who have skin only shops and they feel totaly fine.

Or even better move on true f2p game like aion.ru did. They got rid of gold packs and replaced them with "Premium". You won't even imagine how many players came back to the game after they did that. Online went from 400-500 to 2000-2500. Everyone ther can use broker, trade, send mail etc for free. Premium is Character development pack + enchantment pack combined with some extras. Yet they make alot of money from shop because there alot of people and their shop is way, WAAAAY cheaper than ours. I don't see why we can't move on that model.

If gameforge will continue making cash from selling end game items that cannot be aquired ingame, we will see dead playerbase soon.
  • [NICK]n00b wrote:

, if you count as "exp" being good, which spoilers, it's not.
    Excuse me? i beg to differ! 3-4 hours for 40+ % at lv 74 is uber insane. Yes you need some reset scrolls and stuff but that i got mostly from ingame so i dont see how this is "not" good. 10 + of my friends went from 74 to 75 in up to 8hours during the 100% fri-sunday which i sadly missed
    Comparison full clean(max xp efficiently) of Oblivion takes 14-15min (B-C rank for 3-2 orbs) gives nice xp (up to 4 runs per hour)
    XP run of kumuki = depending on class 5-6mins givex 1.3% of oblivion xp (up to 10 runs per hour!)
    Please if thats not good, i dont know what is good for u ?(

The post was edited 1 time, last by t0re ().

• As i mentioned before this is a good xp event and if u are lucky u drop some good ap i don't say is perfect but is a very good start easy to do ,much xp (better then rift )so yes i like this event if they want to keep 1 more week will be awesome.

Despite all negative posts after previous events the company just cannot manage events properly and won't in the future. So, the idea how to force players to participate in such kind of unrewarding events, is 10/10. Don't get me wrong, but the entry scrolls are being sold well, plus it's more profitable to do Kumuki, instead of Rift of Oblivion. GF has it's income. Free-to-play users also participate, cause hey, it's a bunch of free XP over there, even if they have 1 run per day on their main character. In this way everybody is happy... kinda. But, the actual rewards have a value, lower than paper for recycling. I've got 1 key, so far, which gave me 2500 powder and 2 goblets.
  • Zero golden keys, but I dont care. For 2 weeks I made more than 10% of my level from that event (I am 73) and got good AP which I really need. It takes no more than 10 minutes and you can use it for level alts even
  • Rewardless or not this event gave us some fun, some XP (even once a day) and for the rich ppl - tons of XP.
    And they won't make it permanent as the majority of the community wants.
    Aaaaaaaaand the new one "extra" which they (GF) will give us for free - 50% drop.
    But .... no no no it's BUT
    as they nerfed the drop rate to hell and currently you have for example 0,00001% chance to drop a specific item ... with this 50% the chance will dramatically be increased to the value of 0.00005%... Nice a?
  • nodeone wrote:

Rewardless or not this event gave us some fun, some XP (even once a day) and for the rich ppl - tons of XP.
    And they won't make it permanent as the majority of the community wants.
    Aaaaaaaaand the new one "extra" which they (GF) will give us for free - 50% drop.
    But .... no no no it's BUT
    as they nerfed the drop rate to hell and currently you have for example 0,00001% chance to drop a specific item ... with this 50% the chance will dramatically be increased to the value of 0.00005%... Nice a?

That's actually 0.000015%. Or as i used to say, 2x0 is 0.