Economy on EU servers is dead. Lets disscuss it.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ashurrr wrote:

Ok, so I've played on both official EU and RU servers (EU Antriksha and RU Gardarika).

I will be comparing EU to RU because both are official Aion servers. And I truely believe that EU servers is North Korea of aion. We're told lies and most of us believe that we're having the best aion expierence ever. But playing aion RU is like escaping NK and moving to USA for example.

Lets go :thumbsup:

Comparing their and our brokers+shop makes me wonna gauge my eyes out.

Shop first then broker. And then some miscellaneous stuff at the end.

Prices - Ok we all have to admit that both aions are P2W BUT, RU shop is WAAAY cheaper and more accessable. For example APES. On aion RU you can buy them for LESS THAN 1 FREAKING EURO EACH. Using current RUB-EUR ratio its about 80 cents for 1 APE. (As of now serums are not in the RU shop). And what do we have on EU? 1 serum 5-10 euros each depending from what region you buy coins. Holy shit gameforge, I would forgive you every garbage event and every screw up you did in the past if you make serums and apes 10 aion coins each with current AC prices. I mean more people would start spending their money into shop to buy serums and APES because became cheaper.

And this applies to other usefull stuff like EXP amulets, tea and Golden Stars, there they are 40-50 to a euro (500% EXP Amulets) each. Here 4 euros for a freaking 100% EXP amulet.

Same story with mounts, they're way overpriced for what they are.

Aion shop must be revisited and prices must be lowered because at the moment they're disastreous.

Lets move to uninhabited desert. Thats what resembles Antri Elyos broker.

Its damn empty. Like complitely empty.

Lets start from the top, the weapons and armor. We don't have any decent weapons/armor on broker, not any. There are few overpriced af +0 demise weapons but thats about it. No AP no extendables.

On Gardarika Elyos broker there is atleast 1-2 +15 demise/apollon's or even bygone weapons. And prices are amazing. +15 Apollon's weapons are 1.5-3kkk depending on what manastones they have. +15 bygone weapons (Poles, GS, Staffs) are 5-7kkk each, +0 3-4kkk each. Good fucking luck finding someone selling +15 Bygone Pole for 5kkk on EU. And thats because people don't have stones nor supplements to make +10/15 weapons. Also Garden drops are shit on EU. On RU garden each boss drops 2-3 armor and weapons. And 4-5 starlight fragments for each pt member. This leads to greater amount of apollon's gear and overall cheaper prices for that same gear and materials to craft it.

Lets skip useless broker stuff and get to juicy parts. --> Manastones, oooo manastones. Manastone prices make people shiver whenever we think about them. We never got any decent event to give us a great amount of manastones. While I was on RU, we had event (Kumuki event, yes have events about 1 month after RU servers play them, so gameforge can nerf them to shit.) And, we only 2 chars, I was able to farm over 40 manastone bags with chooseable stones. And those bags were +7,+8,+9 manastones. And people who had 5 6 7 characters farmed over a 100 +7/8/9 manastone bags. Prices for +7 Acc, power and knowledge were 15kk each. And broker was filled with them, and everyone would socket his weapon with atleast +7 manastone.
      And what do we have on Antri Elyos broker, 6-10 of low manastones(+4 - +6) with +7 stones ranging from 70 to a 100kk each and super limited quantity (2-3 of each level max). So explain me dear gameforge, how are we supposted to socket our gear with +7 or higher stones, if there are only 3-5 of them and they're overpriced af???

Now miscellaneous things.

Luna craft....is garbage. There is nothing usefull to craft in it. Why can't you add pets and mount and nice skin into luna craft? Aion RU has pets like Golden Saam, Satan Junior and mounts like hell steed and pagati aero. It doesn't affect anything balance wise if people can craft themselves a nice mount or a usefull pet in it. Instead it makes people happy when they craft those small, but really usefull pets and mounts. We're not asking to give let us craft +15 75ap gear or anything.

Second, Level reduction stones. Gameforge, pls, just PLEASE, give us level reduction stones. We don't have enough, we need more. Here's great idea - put them into luna craft! You don't have them in the shop, we don't have them ingame beside that 1 stone we get per character. Putting them into luna craft will make everyone happy.

Mighty supplements, GIVE US BACK OUR SUPPLEMENTS! Why did you have to remove supplements from Akaron central base? And before someone says that it is for every region, on aion.ru akaron central base you can buy 70 supplements for 50 BMs. That way more people can attempt to enchant gear which will lead to more +10-15 gear on the broker.

Thats about it for now. There are alot more small things, but I've mentioned main things that hold the economy together.

I hope gameforge will read this and do something usefull already. They came up with this Obam....excuse me,Daeva Care, and alot of points from above can be implemented in this system in the future.
      I've seen +10 manastones (selectable) for 1000 RUB (16 euros ea) in RU shop just a few weeks ago. Which is kinda too overpriced for that region:

But I agree about lvl reduction stones. They are more accessible (50 RUB ea, which is about 0.80 euros ea), cuz u might need x20 or something to fully reduce 1 item.
    • Kadex wrote:

Kaizero wrote:

Maybe U shouldn't say EU servers but only UK servers?
      I play on Loki Ely and here are few examples:

imgur.com/a8nSxT6
      imgur.com/TNubsBH
      imgur.com/A3k4oRV
      imgur.com/JleJQqY

(fyi; I use NA Pak)

The prices of omega stones went up a bit, and Goldpacks on Thor-A cost about 57-63kk :)
      I guess Loki Ely doesn't belong to EU? It's heaven or paradise <3 Yeah, we have lots of whales XD
      I won't defend GF's price policy but from their pov, why should they reduce the high prices?
      If people are willing to pay that high price, so nothing will ever happen..
      People shouldn't buy Coins maybe something will change, but that will never happen X/
      antri ely:gps 80-90mil
      apes 60-70mil
      serums 85-90mil
      spinel 3mil

wondering if Ashurrr is rly playing on Antri-Ely because I can also see plenetly of enchanted good weapons on the broker ;)

Yeah, by "enchanted good weapons" you mean +10 prigga pole for 10kkk or +14 apollon's pole for 7kkk?
    • imo the main issue still remains about Bygone weapons - still not enough amount of them in race. Ppl are greedy and arent selling them (to make own bygone more than +15) OR selling for overprice (4-10kkk). It is ridiculous to pay even 2-3kkk for weapon that could break before +10 with high chance. I am among active players, but it is all my money - 3kkk, just to buy this weapon x1 at +0 level. + didnt finish 75 ap set yet. Please change situation with Bygone weaps, at least event that including these weapons. Or respawn time. Or even that world boss would drop bag for everybody in alliance and it drops bygone weapon with very low chance (to have at least 2-3 weapon dropped among 24 players). 1 weapon (especially something like pistol/mace) per 24h it is just a joke.
      About apes/serums - the situation will be the same. More ppl will run with +5 jewels and +15 sets, but the same 3-5% overgeared players will stay overgeared and just will go higher to +8+9+10 jewels instead of their +7 and +20 sets instead of their +15 now (as you know, now 75+10 set is normal). The same will be about manastones. You just will donate more, but balance will be the same. To nerf 65 MS sets needed at least to nerf imba classes first of all.
    • They successfully killed crafting, way less people even try to craft anything, so they don't even bother with materials and then all is junk. Old materials became completely obsolete and new magical crafting is completely unrelated to old system and requires only certain items that are still rarer than we would want to. And unless you have several billions kinah too much why even bother with magical crafting, cause maybe in 5.7 ot 5.9 they will introduce another completely unrelated crafting system. Aion economy system is obvious, if u need things, buy from shop. Average players stopped playing long time ago. I think most people aren't willing to "abuse" the system by making several alts to get stigmas and manastones and serums and such to gear up.

Anyone remembers the times, when grinding would get us so many drops we had to sell them at broker for less than vendoring price or ask other people to sell items for us? I was always mostly unlucky, but from disenchanting mythical gear i still got only 1 violet stone. :( Can't get rich with that, neither craft much. :) Most recipes is completely weird anyway...
    • Kaizero wrote:

Maybe U shouldn't say EU servers but only UK servers?
      I play on Loki Ely and here are few examples:

imgur.com/a8nSxT6
      imgur.com/TNubsBH
      imgur.com/A3k4oRV
      imgur.com/JleJQqY

(fyi; I use NA Pak)

The prices of omega stones went up a bit, and Goldpacks on Thor-A cost about 57-63kk :)
      I guess Loki Ely doesn't belong to EU? It's heaven or paradise <3 Yeah, we have lots of whales XD
      I won't defend GF's price policy but from their pov, why should they reduce the high prices?
      If people are willing to pay that high price, so nothing will ever happen..
      People shouldn't buy Coins maybe something will change, but that will never happen X/
      Where the hell u got that because if i remember well on eu servers have differnt names .....
    • He wrote he is using NA pack :) Thats why has Tempering Solution and not Holy Upgrade Serum :) If you go on the page of AionRainmeter, you will find this NA data.pack there :)
      "Friend in need is friend indeed."

:thumbsup: Slovakia FTW :thumbsup:

Facebook page
    • [NICK]n00b wrote:

Daeva care is useless pretty much. Economy is dead because no events. Events no longer drop items like they used to = nothing on broker.
      "Economy is dead because no events."

Economy shouldn't be that heavily dependant on events in the first place. The majority of items are supposed to be be comming into the game as a result of "regular" gameplay with events providing a smaller but sizeable bonus (something like a 85:15 ratio in favour of "regular" gameplay).

Sadly the reality of the situation is that without events, however urewarding they may be, there probably would be no "economy" at all. The overall ingame rates desparately require improvement towards reaching a the point where the economy is able to sustain itself without events. If things are left the way they are the "economy" most likely will not last for very much longer before collapsing in on itself.

I mean you can only milk a cow for so long before you'll have to put it out to pasture. :alol:
      How players see consumable Item priorities, live poll.

Shameless plug PVE improvement suggestions. :ashy:
    • I think many things have changed the economy.

Prior to 5.0 I would gather materials and aether needed for crafting potions, scrolls, armour, accessories etc. and sell it on the broker. Now there is not the same demand for it. Many things are given as quest rewards and higher level weapons and armour are dropped by mobs.

There is the new magical crafting that needs material that drop from 66+ mobs but you can not get and sell those things in the same quantities. The variety of materials is not as great and because no one needs to specialize in a particular craft all the materials can be kept and stored by all people for future use, before you would gather things and sell what you did not need for your crafting.

I agree 100% the economy should not rely on events. Also people should not rely on events to get things to sell in order to make money. I think this is why many say "oh this event is rubbish" what they mean is, I am not getting anything good that I can sell for a mega amount of cash.

A lot of people also had a full set of endgame equipt so would sell off manastones, enchantment items, armour, weapons because they did not need them. Now they do need them for their own use. The fact that things now break means it may be a long time before these people have fully enchanted endgame gear again and start putting more on the broker.

I do not think the economy is dead, I think peoples needs have changed.
    • i have 1 very interesting question for 99% of the people in this thread:

If you dont run pve instances, you barely farm open world, heck u dont even do 4.x isntances, FROM WHERE EXACTLY DO U EXPECT TO GET STUFF? To rain from the sky or what?
      We even have magical morph and magical craft(this one is a bit ridicilous tho but its still there as option)

The post was edited 1 time, last by t0re ().

• t0re wrote:

i have 1 very interesting question for 99% of the people in this thread:

If you dont run pve instances, you barely farm open world, heck u dont even do 4.x isntances, FROM WHERE EXACTLY DO U EXPECT TO GET STUFF? To rain from the sky or what?
      We even have magical morph and magical craft(this one is a bit ridicilous tho but its still there as option)
      I cannot agree with you. I don't know how is in your server but in mine people are doing PVE instances. Adma, ELL, Kroban, GoK , world bosses ... only LoK is doing only for campaign quests for GoK entry. Maybe because LoK is insane long instance. It's neverending grind in my opinion.
      I can see in our broker a lot of items which is valuable. Wise Apolon's (which are pretty good for my alt cler) Prigga, Bygones, Demise etc ... but economy is dead. Why ? We are lack of Vital things for the normal gameplay:
      - For end level PVE items - Level reduction stones. We all know how often these are failing. Currently you can get them by one time quest per character or with real money. As i am not in the end level (71 casue i have rerolled ) i spend all stones of all my characters to help a friend to make his Bygone usable. currently noone is buying Wise Apolon, Bygone (too high price), Demise because almost everything is 0/5 or 1/5 max of level reduction.
      Example - a guy is selling New Antriksha's Tunic which i find very good, for a good price. I still did not buy it because it is 0/5 ... and is useless for me compared to 75 level AP.
      - Serums and APES - yes they added it in all 66+ instances but the drop rate is shit 12-13 runs on different instances last 10 days and only 1 apes dropped ... wtf !?!?! and it's 1 ...
      - manastones ... farm around 2h 60 mobs quests ... and what ? 6-7 manastones +1 and +2 ... WTF? we all need +6 and up manastones ...
      - the magical craft materials - Spirit Stones, Natural Essense , Dimension stones, etc ...
      Everything is too much nerfed ...
    • both elyos and asmo side on deyla barely do anything of those , ely antri as well (and 1-2 kroban groups per week and 2-3 adma/labs per day dont count, we have 500+ ppl on each side, each server at the minimum, not 20ppl)
      Its true that GoK is relatively farmed over all servers but the rest of the isntance are totally ignored.
      Surely there are few ppl doing more instances but the minority desnt defy the majority. You cant fuel entire server with as u say 1 apes, now imagine per day there were 100-150 adma/lab runs, that means each day there would be 10-15 apes as income to the server, make that more 300 runs - 30 apes for the server and even may be 30 serums.
      I see adma/lab runs mostly only on the days when we have hero trials(doing 1x run) and thats about it. Arkhal/LoK groups same.

• Well no one is doing instances cus there's really no point to most of them. Even if there was a guaranteed serum/apes per run the same people will do them, maybe others will jump in every now and then.
      For most classes rune is the best way to go and most consider that's enough pve for them.
      Aion is too dependent on events and that is obvious. Very few are hardcore enough to try and lvl reduce pve gear and if that's not an option, rune and open world drops are usually the way to go.
      Gf could artificially flood the market with needed items but would just translate into profit for whales unless they add a limit to purchasing or add items with a 6 hour usage or smthing.
      I know a lot of peeps with stacked warehouses of apes/serums/etc and as such the prices remain high, demand is high and the gap widens.
    • Gzus wrote:

Even if there was a guaranteed serum/apes per run the same people will do them, maybe others will jump in every now and then.
      Again with the guaranteed. So what may be when i was playing back at 1.5 , or 2.0 or 3.x or 4.x anythign was guaranteed? i Was running around with blue anuhart set even pvping with it.

aslo no point in adma, lab? you know u can make high lvl weaps from magical morph from those right?
      [here's a little secret , kroban weap/hat/armor piece in main slot + 6x adma/lab ones can give 74-77 weap and also 75 ABYSS]

• Tore I'm from Castor and I don't really need a lesson on how it was. I missed patches I guess 2.7 or so to 5.0.
      Difference is you could pvp in anuhart, Fenris was a dream, etc.
      I'm not complaining, please don't get me wrong, I'm just highlighting that an over feed of events got people to just wait for stuff now.
      I make my kinah from ow grind and I used to pvp quite well in rune and then mythic bm. But since 75 ap that's a bit silly most of the times.
      I'm working on getting vet rewards, as I had 27 when I came back and now I'm at 65 without really focusing on it.
      It's no longer a game of anuhart vs 50e fort farmers...75 AP came just a bit too soon for the majority of EU players.
      I could've gotten a full set by now, but it would've sat nicely at +0 so I decided that without access to vet rewards it's not really worth it for me.
      I'm far from lazy but when ur buddy's MI takes away a good chunk of my HP and he doesn't even bother to cover a silence that kind of kills the "u can pvp in anything" stuff. I think his name is nekosm or smthing.
    • Ternezia wrote:

You mean magical craft or magical morph?
      Magical Morph. I got once a PVP 70 level AP with morph Kroban with ELL weapons ... but filled half of the slots with items.
      However. It's not about guaranteed apes/serums. It's about increasing the drop rate of Vital things - low grade manastones. Crafting mats , make available some stuffs - Level Reduction stones - why they not put them available like Soul Unbinding stones? these are available for 5k ACs!? ...
      Put these apes/serums/level reduction stones as Hero Trial ... once a week... for example kill 40 officers rank 3 or higher ... make it hard ... not just ely/asmo ... put a min rank... as rank 3 is easy these days and exclude bots and new players ... There is so much to do to improve the economy...
    • Noctis wrote:

EU evolves too slow, u can never play the patch the way its meant to be played in time;
      That's exactly what I think, EU is better than old times regarding the patchnote versions, but totally struggles with the events and the rewards model. Kor is far away after continuously boosted the importance of the Cash Shop versus a EU Design Team which is still testing the impact of a 10% loot of APES/Serum in PvE and adding expensive Random Boxes that are supposed to offer what players need nowadays.
      I am wondering if GF should slow down the patch updates and focus more on the model itself (events, Cash Shop, Veteran Rewards which is THE KEYSTONE of GF !!...)
      That's how it starts. The fever, the rage, the feeling of powerlessness that turns good men... cruel. ~Alfred
      The trouble with loyalty to a cause, is that the cause will always betray you. ~Lockdown