paying players need better advantage

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• paying players need better advantage

Give people that pay better advantages, like the best gear available in shop including best manastones of choice and enchanted to +30. This should untradaeble in game, also give them a permanent buff in pvp so they are harder to kill, a better drop and exp rate. NA doesn't have this, if you adds it you have a better Aion than NA.
  • I am just curious: does "money buys everything" principle have (or should have) any limit for paying customers? Also, should those who spend more have more advantages than those who spend less?

Why would that make Aion better? Wouldn't it be simply better for GF to ask to deposit let's say 5.000 € on their account before creating first character and thus they would guarantee only wealthy people (or spoiled kids) will play the game? They could have half less servers, less troubles and more income and "sky is the limit" players. Why even bothering with useless players like me, who never spent a dime since GF took over and never will?

In my times games were fun and brought joy to every one, but now it looks like they are just another tool to boost people's virtual life, importance and power. Or are most of Aion players even that reach that they don't play for several hours per day, but when they do, they must have the best there is?
  • Elysorrow wrote:

I am just curious: does "money buys everything" principle have (or should have) any limit for paying customers? Also, should those who spend more have more advantages than those who spend less?

Why would that make Aion better? Wouldn't it be simply better for GF to ask to deposit let's say 5.000 € on their account before creating first character and thus they would guarantee only wealthy people (or spoiled kids) will play the game? They could have half less servers, less troubles and more income and "sky is the limit" players. Why even bothering with useless players like me, who never spent a dime since GF took over and never will?

In my times games were fun and brought joy to every one, but now it looks like they are just another tool to boost people's virtual life, importance and power. Or are most of Aion players even that reach that they don't play for several hours per day, but when they do, they must have the best there is?
    Its not just about wealthy players.
    About "deposit" - If im not mistaken Aion wasnt free-to-play, before it GF purchased. So i dont know why it should be back again.

• Aion wasn't many things back then. GP had same function as today. There weren't important items available only in shop and "wealthy player" had different meaning back then. And monthly fee was 10-13 € and it has nothing to do with the deposit I mentioned.

Imo it would be way more fair for everyone if GF made one server for whales and gave them all the benefits they desire and one server for non-shop users. Since I am from old times when people were still humans and all sorts games were meant to educate them and give positive example, I am still surprised when people demand things just cause they can afford them and many times they even behave like they have some right for their demands (generally speaking, not related to anyone from forum). Since whales don't play alone, giving such buffs po them would practically push everyoneelse from the game, so only whales would remain. Making server from them would just speed up this process. If the rest of players want to play and fight with equally bad geared people make new server for them or simply let them know they must spend way more to join the game. having special gear and buffs for whales to play against average Joe is nonsense. If people need +30 gear and special pvp buff to kill average geared players it's pathetic, if they need such gear and buff to pvp against equally geared and wealthy players then it doesn't make a difference if maximum enchantment level is +20, +30 or +50, they can have their own server and compete who can afford to pay more. Wallet warriors will be happy, no-shop users would stop playing, GF would have wealthy customers who would (i guess) be prepared to pay even more to get +100 gear.

I mean, do people enjoy racing with a ford fiesta against a ferrari on a race track?

I just can't understand the attitude " I can pay, so i want" principle when such giving results in negative consequences for other people. But, hey, it's a great new world we have now- I want it all, I want it now. I am afraid most people doesn't even thing about consequences of such attitude, but that's another story...
  • No, no separate servers. One server for all English language players, one for German and one for French. Other languages are not needed. Everyone with in the European union has basic knowledge about at least one of those three languages. People that are willing to pay should have possibility to have better stuff and rates compared to those that don't on the same server.
    The game wasn't €13.- or €10.- back in the day either. It varried on how long you payed at once. As said before NA doesn't have this, so if they do it here they sure will attract more players.
    Back in the beginning Aion had no Goldpack, that was introduced by Gameforge