Quite a lot questions about chanter

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quite a lot questions about chanter

Hello,
      I've recently leveled up to 66 and I'm now really confused about chanter. I hope that you will answer my questions.

1. Which are optimal stats for chanter in PVE now?
      2. Which are optimal stats for chanter in PVP now?
      3. Which normal plume is the best for chanter? Attack or Crit strike? Which second stat is best to choose for golden plume?
      4. How to spend creativity points? What is good to upgrade?
      5. What armor is now best for support?
      6. Which staff is better combine to with mythical ac staff for pve?
      7. Which accesories are good for pve and where I get them?

Sorry for my English.
    • 1. crit is about 1.4k-1.5k, acc is about 3.7k, rest attack
      2. hard to say, proly crit about 1.3k, rest is MA and attack (50:50). Maybe better only full MA, i cant say something here, need to ask chanters how often they have procs of stuns/gs with full MA and half MA builds
      3. Attack/crit (1st/2nd stat) is the best. you will get enough crit if crit will be 2nd stat, there is no problem.
      4. personally I spend first of all for power stat (max), then skills (6 skills that I use the most 3-4 lvl), then some passive buffs (gs prevention, pvp attack/def, then upgrade of skills 68-70-72-74 lvl and at the end other main stats like accuracy (29 power and 18 acc atm at 74 lvl).
      But if you are low lvl (71-), you can spend it for accuracy and power first of all.
      5. full 75 ap mr set, full block 70arena/65-75strike resist set (in 65 parts you can socket manastones strike resist +22, in 70-75 parts Agility+7+8+9). Also PvE healing boost set (65 lvl or apolon 80set) is working fine, but you need to switch it quickly. The best set vs magic classes is mag suppression set (65 myth leather strife set is optimal)
      6. with the same myth ac staff. Or 66 myth ele lab/adma staff, but it doesnt have HP stat as I remember (i guess you dont need hp stat so much,but ele lab/adma staff will be cheaper).
      7. accessories arent so different, even cheap accessories from runatorium are enough for everything. LoK accessories (for campaign missions) are a bit better only. Much better are appolon accessories (from Garden of Knowledge - GoK). You need to join groups like "GoK 2 bosses". I guess there you can get it
      1. Which are optimal stats for chanter in PVE now?
      On Support: as much HP as possible. Aiming for 23k to be "safe" for all content seems reasonable.
      On DPS: 1.400 Crit Strike (1.500 for Piton and future content)
      1. Which are optimal stats for chanter in PVP now?
      On Support: As much Magic Resist as possible (3.3k upwards is good) Same goes for Block (4.500)
      On DPS: 1.300 Crit, though probably an inch more. Aim for 2.3k Magical Accuracy
      1. Which normal plume is the best for chanter? Attack or Crit strike? Which second stat is best to choose for golden plume?
      I'd always pick Attack/Crit Strike, though, if you're mostly doing PvP, a secondary Attack/Accuracy Plume is fine.
      1. How to spend creativity points? What is good to upgrade?
      See @Desperation
      1. What armor is now best for support?
      Absolute best is Wise Apollon's. Rune Shield Tower is very fine, too.
      1. Which staff is better combine to with mythical ac staff for pve?
      Don't use mythic AC staff for PvE (or PvP) - it lacks a lot of Crit Strike. You're better off using an Elemental Lord's staff, really.
      1. Which accesories are good for pve and where I get them?
      See @Desperation. There's three kinds of Apollon's Accessories (Magic, Physical, Mixed).
      Chanter wants primarily physical, but there's no class making better use of Mixed Accessories, so those are very good, too.
    • Not rly using my chanter for solo playing or dpsing in that matter, just support.

I can only add on
      5) best pve support set besides apollon with hb for u currently is 6slotted version from RST (+whatever casting gloves that u can equip)

edit: eh eru was faster writing it XDXD
    • Hi again,
      I have got a staff of frost insignia which looks better than mythic tune tribe staff because of crit strike. I'm not sure with which staff I need to combine it. Which staff for combine with Staff of Frost Insignia do you recommend?
    • Incase you are still looking for more advice...

I can only really help you with the PvE aspects (as i don't have enough experience with Chanter in PvP) but I'll try my best.

[NICK]torean wrote:

Which normal plume is the best for chanter? Attack or Crit strike? Which second stat is best to choose for golden plume?
      For PvE DPS you would optimally want a "dedicated" unblessed Attack plume that you would keep plusing as high as you can. It is the only real way to gain more (than the default blessed plume's 59) Attack (and with it more damage).

[NICK]torean wrote:

How to spend creativity points? What is good to upgrade?

What armor is now best for support?

Which staff is better combine to with mythical ac staff for pve?

Which accesories are good for pve and where I get them?

How to spend CP on what? DPS/support..

Best support armor depends on what you consider as "best support". Is that being able to restore the most HP, is that having the most survivability, is that hybrid DPS and healing only when it's actually needed?

That staff is pretty, bad you should go for Maze/Pigga/(PvE hero expensive variant)Bygone and respective another Maze/Steadfast Apollon in combined slot.

As for accessories, it's again a question of what you intend to use them for (DPS/Support), but in most cases it will end up being a mix of Lucky Accessories (Alleph-Zain series) and Apollon.

[NICK]torean wrote:

Hi again,
      I have got a staff of frost insignia which looks better than mythic tune tribe staff because of crit strike. I'm not sure with which staff I need to combine it. Which staff for combine with Staff of Frost Insignia do you recommend?
      If you can't afford the above and plan to stick with Frost just combine that with another Frost Staff. Frost series items are decent.
    • well cler easily get like 24-25k hp nowadays and chanter (600 more by default?) with socketed gear and buff (ofc with everything possible both reach over 27-29k)
      temp glad, gunner and bard(a bit less than the plates ofc) also have pretty high HP pools , on decent gear reaching to 21-24k w/o hp manastones
      but as erik said most additional hp come out of highly enchanted feather and enchanted gear
    • Erufuun wrote:

I don't know about futur content, but actually you get 50% with 1k4 crit on Piton. Just check "Xeranos", "Fraagmeister" or even "Bufy" (for the chanter example) on pve ranking, we are all focusing 1k4.
    • Cura wrote:

I don't know about futur content, but actually you get 50% with 1k4 crit on Piton. Just check "Xeranos", "Fraagmeister" or even "Bufy" (for the chanter example) on pve ranking, we are all focusing 1k4.
      You must be some sort of gods, my chanty only gets about 35% crit rate with 1450 when I do dummy tests and around the same in PvE scenarios.
    • I guess you are only talking about the auto-attack crit rate. Arm is not the good tool for that, especially with 3 strikes weapons classes.

Arm will show you something like this

Auto-attack is composed of 2 parts : the main part (big damage) and the residual part (low damage). And the second part can't crit. However, ARM counts it like a hit. So the crit rate is naturally decreased. Check it on pve ranking. Chanters usually don't reach more than 25-30% AA.

And dummies crit rate is very low compared to bosses. With 1k2 at Esterra, you already get 50% crit.
    • I was loking at the total, as in 350 hits total, 108 crits. Guess I need to sacrafice some sheep in favor of the RNG gods.

Could try run another test and paste the result here.

Ran another 3 minutes on dummy, 1450 Crit-Strike.

Source Code

1. Me: 1.049.408 gs: 81.158,Dps/peak: 5.766(8.183),Hits/max: 433(11.594) Crits(162)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Trubbish ().

• Cura wrote:

Erufuun wrote:

1.4k for Piton?

My garden premade has been somewhat disbanded, so I can't try that personally these days (as DPS) but I guess, that means Jotun is 1.4k, too?
      I'll give it a try, ty mate Ü
    • Trubbish wrote:

Me: 1.049.408 gs: 81.158,Dps/peak: 5.766(8.183),Hits/max: 433(11.594) Crits(162)
      That's what I tried to explain above. Let's take an example from your test. You made 433 hits. If you have mountain crash + blessing of wind, AA will represent something like 200 hits for you. Out of this 200 hits, 100 can crit, 100 can't. It means that only 333 hits can crit from your example. So, the real optimal crit number is 333/2 = 166. Compare it to what you got, it's quite similar (and I made an estimation for your AA).
    • Cura wrote:

If you have mountain crash + blessing of wind
      I don't. I prefer Magic of Incitement for the additional 5% Physical Attack increase. There weren't any sources of additional damage other than Promise of Earth, but those appear to get flagged as "Unknown" in ARM.

So unless ARM counts the activations of Promise of Earth towards my total hit amount but at the same time does not add them to the skill list, all of those, minus the 7 Godstone procs, were "proper" hits.