PvE improvement suggestions essay with ranty lead-up thread thingy

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Trubbish wrote:

The average group of level 73 players is able to do a full run (from what I have seen) in around 40-45 minutes more or less these days. Can still stretch to 60+ if things go wrong or be as short 25 or less on a good day.
      Where is that 73 group with +30 gear?
    • And then there is me...

I look for PVE things to do and avoid PVP.

The only instance I have been into in the new area is Adama. Even many of the older ones I have not done. Many groups looked for people with x gear and with experience. I feel that there should be instances that anyone can join even without experience and should not need TS. Many servers now have people speaking different languages this makes it difficult. Certainly there is nothing wrong with making a mechanically challenging instance but not all. When I look at videos of the current high level instances I think.. OMG and I have never applied to join a group.

What I found even with old instances like Raksang (yep good old sarpan days) no one ever did the whole run. It was always a rush to the boss to get loot and out. I had some quests that were never completed because no one wanted to run the full thing.

When I did solo instances, steel rake, kromode, steel rose, Taloc, I killed every living thing in there getting xp cash and whatever drops it gave. I do not want to join groups just to rush through mobs to get to a boss. Yes maybe all the mobs giving good xp and cash would be good.
    • Trubbish wrote:

Not in Deyla :alol:
      25 Minutes? I don't even see the Urtem Asmo guys doing that. 2 Minute for the first boss, 4 for the second boss, 9 for the final boss. That's 15 minutes. That leaves you 10 minutes for pre-fight preperations, killing the Jotuns, walking around, looting, and doing the chests at that bottom. That's ambitious. 30 to 35 seems more reasonable :D
    • @Rebelbabe rushing to last boss in raksang actually activates hard mode , so u were doing the harder version :D
      Lab is not hard either, as long as every1 has at least 11k unbuffed only the cleric needs to be extremely good (ofc unless the other players are not playing against u - aka running all over the place) GoK with the exception of last boss is not hard either(problem here is u need to complete lok camps 1st) - ofc with normal gear (non deava/empty manastone slots or such) and 70+ lvl
    • Rebelbabe wrote:

I feel that there should be instances that anyone can join even without experience and should not need TS.
      The only instance where you most likely won't be able to get away without using TS is Garden of knowledge, if doing a full run. In every other instance provided everyone in the group knows what their job is and are doing that properly no TS or other form of voicechat is required.

Well you have to start somewhere. As for experience, you can only get that by actively participating in the content but as most players will want you to already have that experience beforehand, I can see how that could become a problem (feels like finding one's first job IRL when you're fresh out of school). And as for newbie groups, well there aren't very many around these days as PvE in it's current state really isn't worth getting into if you're looking for money or leveling progress. The only people who do PvE these days are those of us who really enjoy it for the content itself.

Rebelbabe wrote:

What I found even with old instances like Raksang (yep good old sarpan days) no one ever did the whole run. It was always a rush to the boss to get loot and out. I had some quests that were never completed because no one wanted to run the full thing.

t0re wrote:

@Rebelbabe rushing to last boss in raksang actually activates hard mode , so u were doing the harder version
      @Rebelbabe
      As @t0re said, not killing the first two bosses in Raksang was a trigger that activated Raksha "Hardmode" which dropped the Eternal-grade accessories.

People normally don't fully clear instances in groups, as it is not only time-consuming, but also ineffcient in terms of money and level progression. It will be difficult to find a group who would, if not impossible.

However as clearing instances seems to be something that you enjoy you could attempt to solo (if I remember correctly you were a cleric) a couple of group instances (ordered from easiest to most difficult - Rentus Base, Sauro War Depot, Runadium (Bonus), Tiamat's Fortress). Others might be possible aswell but those are the ones I am sure of as I have fully completed them myself (every boss monster killed).

Also soloing those instances while limiting yourself to the use of DPS stigma only, no Benevolence and such, will help improve your gameplay skills by a sizeable margin (again, assuming you were a cleric in the first place, but I think I've read you state that at some point or another)likely giving you a great deal confidence (or in my case arrogance).

t0re wrote:

Lab is not hard either, as long as every1 has at least 11k unbuffed only the cleric needs to be extremely good (ofc unless the other players are not playing against u - aka running all over the place) GoK with the exception of last boss is not hard either(problem here is u need to complete lok camps 1st) - ofc with normal gear (non deava/empty manastone slots or such) and 70+ lvl
      Might wanna try all that with a "regular" group also if you can get past the "clear everything and complete every quest" thingy. Most Quests in High-Daeva instances are either required anyways and/or worth completing also and they complete alongside regular progression thruout the instance for the most part so you will eventually be completing them regardless.

Erufuun wrote:

10 minutes for pre-fight preperations
      @Erufuun
      Could cut that down by half atleast. Was talking about MLG tier groups there.
    • Trubbish wrote:

Might wanna try all that with a "regular" group also if you can get past the "clear everything and complete every quest" thingy. Most Quests in High-Daeva instances are either required anyways and/or worth completing also and they complete alongside regular progression thruout the instance for the most part so you will eventually be completing them regardless.
      I have done Ele lab plently of times with 5x gearless DPSes on my cler, altho is anoying and extremely slow, only requirement is for them to understand english. As for the rest i wrote i was saying about GoK , not LoK i case u dont know how brackets work. I rly have no idea who in the right mind designed LoK to be so much harder than Garden.
      Also probably many more ppl would've been doing arkhal if it wasnt full with bugs(such as if u step in and u kill half of the groups and u restart the fight its instant wipe every engage, or 20% the circles not being seen sometimes)
    • t0re wrote:

only requirement is for them to understand english
      The "only" requirement. :alol: Good luck finding 5 random people who meet that requirement in LFG when the game can be played in 6 different language packs.

t0re wrote:

I rly have no idea who in the right mind designed LoK to be so much harder than Garden.
      LoK is much easier than Garden.

t0re wrote:

Also probably many more ppl would've been doing arkhal if it wasnt full with bugs(such as if u step in and u kill half of the groups and u restart the fight its instant wipe every engage, or 20% the circles not being seen sometimes)
      There are "only" :atongue: two, albeit extremely anoying bugs.

Divine Flames area offset
      If you manage to "deaggro" Arkhal (including wipes or interrupting combat for too long a time) the locations of the safe and dangerous areas (where you would take 105,000 damage due to "Divine Flames") will be moved to to relevant location of the boss at the moment when the aggro loss occured, before the boss is returned to it's spawn.

Invisible "Dark Star circles"
      Sometimes one or more of the highlighted circles don't render in properly. However regardless of the circles being visible or not you will always be able to see the second part of the animation - opaque blue flames portruding from the ground above the circle locations.
    • I

Trubbish wrote:

LoK is much easier than Garden
      say what? each boss has 123123213123213 things that they do and ppl cant handle it, while the garden 1st and 2nd bosses are mostly tank & spank, u have no time or whatsoever . Also the instance mobs around (on GoK) are much easier to handle.

Trubbish wrote:

However regardless of the circles being visible or not you will always be able to see the second part of the animation - opaque blue flames portruding from the ground above the circle locations.
      There is no such thing, may be at high quality engine or glow effect or smt like that ... Not with normal settings definetely (My pc cannot handle anything more than just displaying all animations in that instance)