New Gladiator and Player!

• Discussion
    • Elyos

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Gladiator and Player!

Sup Guys and Gals

New player on the block :D

First Char is Glad. really enjoying it so far. love the AoE and the life steal for PvE. only at level 25 at this time tho. once I get home from work it will be my second day playing. at this time Im doing main Quests and The darker blue Quests for leveling since they give the most exp. Any other things I might have to do?

Then, what gear to get? Ive read about twinking. is it worth it?

What gear do I HAVE to get to make the Glad Good (not Personal skill related, that will get better in time I hope)

What stats are most Important? HP/ Attack / Critical Strike / Accuracy? Also At what levels how much of what I need if that is possible to Answer.

Then I see the game is free to play but I can't access everything. I'm guessing its coz I need a Gold Pack. If I don't have real money to spend how do I buy it in-game If I cant use the Trade broker?(Ill have to farm up the money first ofc)

Thank you in advance!
    • hey there welcome to Deyla (no matter if friend or foe, though we got Steak on the dark side :P)

as my glady is just an alt, I only come to say hi and to give some input on GP
      you can buy it on broker for kinah - it's the one thing you can actually buy and don't have to have a gp active
      (attention: broker only, you can't buy from player store without GP)

Twinking is not worth it anymore, you get to 65 quite fast, and then the high daeva missions will keep you quite busy
      tbh dont bother much with stats while levelling, you will be up so fast it's insane...

have a good time
      Evi

you might find this useful Asmodian Leveling Guide 1-75
    • Hello Smacker and welcome to AION! :D :D :D

Being not a glad myself, I'll only answer some of your questions and leave the others to someone more experienced than me.

Smacker wrote:

First Char is Glad. really enjoying it so far. love the AoE and the life steal for PvE. only at level 25 at this time tho. once I get home from work it will be my second day playing. at this time Im doing main Quests and The darker blue Quests for leveling since they give the most exp. Any other things I might have to do?

You're doing perfectly fine. By level 25 you should have also entered at least one instance: Haramel. It is a solo dungeon in Verteron (Cantas Coast to be accurate) which you should have reached thanks to "Big Kinah", a dark blue quest in Verteron main city. Instances will help you grow faster and have fun, as most of them are for groups of 6. Moreover, instances represent one of the best ways to get a good gear at the higher levels.

Smacker wrote:

Then, what gear to get? Ive read about twinking. is it worth it?

Were I you, I would not worry about gear till I reach an higher level (65 at least). You'll receive surveys when you reach some specific levels which will give you pieces of armour and weapons, along with coins (you can trade them for items in the various maps) which should you give you the possibility to level up easy enough.
      Concerning twinking: you may think about it once your main character has reached a nice level and is competitive. Beware that once you reach level 65, it won't be that easy to grow as it seems now - that is, you may reach level 65 in one week, but you'll probably take months to hit 75.

Smacker wrote:

Then I see the game is free to play but I can't access everything. I'm guessing its coz I need a Gold Pack. If I don't have real money to spend how do I buy it in-game If I cant use the Trade broker?(Ill have to farm up the money first ofc)
      Yes, you're right. As your account was not created before the takeover (from NC Soft to Gameforge), it is a starter account. It means you cannot access all of the game features unless you buy (through the shop or in-game) a Gold Pack (or also a "Brilliant Beginner Pack" in the shop which includes a Gold Pack). By the way, although you cannot buy any other thing from the broker, this restriction does not affect the Gold Pack: if you try it out, you'll see you'll be able to buy it even if you are a starter.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! :thumbsup:

Best regards,
      Vaire
    • Thank you Evita!

I forgot to post that I'm Elyos xD

So damn I'm missing out on the Steak!

thank you very much for your response and advice :D

Thank you Vaire Aswell!!!

To those who can help with glads:

So dont worry about stats now.. and what about when I reach 65+? What is most Important and what is the best gear/wep to get.

:D

The post was edited 1 time, last by Smacker ().

• I haven't played glad since aion 2.0 but my one piece of advice: ding 27 and start spamming Fire temple. That instance will give u an extandeble polearm that will blow ur mind.
      Higher lvls u'll want similar extends but for the time being do that and u can use it up to lvl 60ish or more.
      The fun factor of a glad (to me at least) comes from extends.
      Welcome to Aion and have fun :)
    • Gzus wrote:

I haven't played glad since aion 2.0 but my one piece of advice: ding 27 and start spamming Fire temple. That instance will give u an extandeble polearm that will blow ur mind.
      Higher lvls u'll want similar extends but for the time being do that and u can use it up to lvl 60ish or more.
      The fun factor of a glad (to me at least) comes from extends.
      Welcome to Aion and have fun :)
      I assume this Extend gives me more range... THAT'S AWESOME. Thanx man Ill look for the Instance :D
    • Considering you're completely new and have little resources to invest. I'd only invest in as good of a weapon that your money allows you to get. Armour is something you can work on later. As been mentioned before, doing fire temple should be your #1 priority, for both getting easy XP (doing it multiple times) and getting your first Extendable weapon.

Don't worry about stats untill you reach 66 and upwards, from there on you can start working on best-in-slot weapons/gear/accesoires.
      Also, save up any kinah you have towards your first gold pack.
    • [NICK]rastekkel wrote:

Considering you're completely new and have little resources to invest. I'd only invest in as good of a weapon that your money allows you to get. Armour is something you can work on later. As been mentioned before, doing fire temple should be your #1 priority, for both getting easy XP (doing it multiple times) and getting your first Extendable weapon.

Don't worry about stats untill you reach 66 and upwards, from there on you can start working on best-in-slot weapons/gear/accesoires.
      Thanx! so don't waist money on gear now wait for later! wil do! not evenIf that first extend drops? Ive read about fuseing weapons. I assume that spear will be able to Fuse. Do I fuse something to it?
    • Welcome mate

I am asmo so cant be very helpful with leveling, but until 45-46 use whatever you take from campaigns and every 5 levels you have a pink rewards from the buff npc's in towns. At 45-46 go to Theobomos (in asmo side is Brusthonin so I presume is the same with ely) and do the dark blue quests for fenris (daevanion gear + wep) You have to kill 10 mobs for each and you will have pretty decent gear. Then at 50+ ..cant remember which level exactly, you have similar quests for 56 upgraded daevanion armour + wep which you can use until you hit 66. Do luna instances, you have daily and weekly, they are giving nice exp. Do all dark blue quests in Signia after, they are starting at level 55 and until you hit level 66 you will have more than a thousand ancient coins. Do Mantor after level 60, there is a repeatable which will give you rune tribe part when you complete it ...no idea how many times :) Not sure how you can make enough kinah to buy a gold pack, but maybe you will find a nice legion which will help you with that

Best of luck
    • Smacker wrote:

[NICK]rastekkel wrote:

Considering you're completely new and have little resources to invest. I'd only invest in as good of a weapon that your money allows you to get. Armour is something you can work on later. As been mentioned before, doing fire temple should be your #1 priority, for both getting easy XP (doing it multiple times) and getting your first Extendable weapon.

Thanx! so don't waist money on gear now wait for later! wil do! not evenIf that first extend drops? Ive read about fuseing weapons. I assume that spear will be able to Fuse. Do I fuse something to it?
      If that extend drops, and it probably will within a few runs, just get any polearm with attack speed and fuse it.
      Fusing a weapon will cost some money, and that would be the only money i'd invest into it. Don't bother with enchanting/manastones yet.
    • [NICK]n00b wrote:

Obligatory post to complain that you chose Elyos and chose to ruin the balance of factions even further. But it's not your fault, it's Gameforges fault
      Why do you have to complain that way, people chose to play what they like.

Besides he can always make an asmo with another account if he wants to.

Regarding buying the first gold pack - I as new player back then did the following: levelled alchemy, essencetapping and aethertapping to the part when I could produce scrolls and potions (Greater healing potion, awakening and running scrolls). Then made scrolls and potions equal to the price of the gold pack. A friend gave me a gold pack and then I gave him the stuff.
    • Ashandarey wrote:

Welcome mate

I am asmo so cant be very helpful with leveling, but until 45-46 use whatever you take from campaigns and every 5 levels you have a pink rewards from the buff npc's in towns. At 45-46 go to Theobomos (in asmo side is Brusthonin so I presume is the same with ely) and do the dark blue quests for fenris (daevanion gear + wep) You have to kill 10 mobs for each and you will have pretty decent gear. Then at 50+ ..cant remember which level exactly, you have similar quests for 56 upgraded daevanion armour + wep which you can use until you hit 66. Do luna instances, you have daily and weekly, they are giving nice exp. Do all dark blue quests in Signia after, they are starting at level 55 and until you hit level 66 you will have more than a thousand ancient coins. Do Mantor after level 60, there is a repeatable which will give you rune tribe part when you complete it ...no idea how many times :) Not sure how you can make enough kinah to buy a gold pack, but maybe you will find a nice legion which will help you with that

Best of luck
      Thanks alot man, I'm gona look into this. Glad there is some gear available for beginners :)

For The GP Im thinking of trying the way Trenezia did it :D

Ternezia wrote:

[NICK]n00b wrote:

Obligatory post to complain that you chose Elyos and chose to ruin the balance of factions even further. But it's not your fault, it's Gameforges fault
      Why do you have to complain that way, people chose to play what they like.
      Besides he can always make an asmo with another account if he wants to.

Regarding buying the first gold pack - I as new player back then did the following: levelled alchemy, essencetapping and aethertapping to the part when I could produce scrolls and potions (Greater healing potion, awakening and running scrolls). Then made scrolls and potions equal to the price of the gold pack. A friend gave me a gold pack and then I gave him the stuff.
      Thanks alot for the Idea to get my first GP! :D

Sita wrote:

Hello Daeva and welcome

you might find this useful

Elyos-Leveling guide for casual player (no p2w or endless elite grinding included)

Best regards
      Sita
      Thank you, Ill read threw it now

[NICK]n00b wrote:

My apologies kind Sir. :saint:

[NICK]rastekkel wrote:

Smacker wrote:

[NICK]rastekkel wrote:

If that extend drops, and it probably will within a few runs, just get any polearm with attack speed and fuse it.Fusing a weapon will cost some money, and that would be the only money i'd invest into it. Don't bother with enchanting/manastones yet.
      Thanks mate! I got the Polearm this morning I see its +5 and has Mana stones in it. So Ill Fuse it With Attack speed when I get home! Lvl 34 now <3
    • Smacker wrote:

Oh, So many Nice Asmodians on this forum I think Ill have to make Another account later on and Play with your Faction as well
      Not only nice, we are better looking :P

You can use the same account, but on a different server to play asmo. Its better that way, because when you have gold pack activated is for your account, not for your character or server only. Which means that you will have all benefits on your Asmodean