New Gladiator and Player!

• Discussion
    • Elyos

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• not only t0re
      it's also that you can hardly blame people that they don't want to fight and struggle in game like they do irl
      add to that that a lot of elys prefer the pve part, and they only come out when others pave the way for them
      (I don't wanna die QQ)

I actually did report GF for ruining my gameplay years ago...
      Rant to NC and GF
      Reporting Gameforge to Gameforge

nothing really came out of it

and off of this thread again, lets welcome new AFC (asmodian fried chicken, errrr elyos) and don't spread the frustration with balancing issues
      (which is there but who are we that we know that we have balancing issues right?)
    • Evita wrote:

lets welcome new AFC (asmodian fried chicken, errrr elyos)
      You know, you make me want to level up and gear up all my alts (which are also elly), to add to the unbeatable chicken army. At least statements like this fuel my faction pride.
    • At endgame (66+), as a gladiator you will need a few sets for maximal efficiency.

(1) PvE GEAR
      I suggest the following:
      ARMOUR: Rune hero enchanted to +10 as it is better than even an enhanced Hyperion set and you wouldn't be limited by set effects. And your manastones should be focused on Attack and critical strike.

An example for socketing your PvE armour
      2 parts with: 6x <Manastone: Crit Strike +17 / Attack +2>
      2 parts with: 6x <Manastone: Attack +5 / Accuracy +13>
      1 part with: 2x Crit Strike +17 / Attack +2 and 4x Attack +5 / Accuracy +13

(The best would be <Manastone: Attack +5 / Crit Strike +8 / +9 but those are really expensive, especially for a new player.)
      NOTE: Rune hero armour set is very expensive to condition, so I advise buying "<Powerful enhancement: Level 2>" At Magos Landing for 50x Insignias of honour. So you don't have to waste kinah on conditioning :)

WEAPONS: You will need a spear/polearm and a dual wield (Dagger main hand, Sword off-hand). If you check in broker for "Frost" You will see mythical Lv. 71 weapons that are really cheap but really good at the same time. You should make them +10. I lost 4 cheap weapons while enchanting 3 weapons to +10.
      As for the weapons you can also just socket them with
      Attack 5 + accuracy 13
      or Crit 17 + accu 13 (or cheaper crit 15 + accu 12)

ACCESSORIES:
      Alleph accesories and eternal war accessories

(2) PvP GEAR

I suggest the following:
      ARMOUR: Join an SWB alliance, go to dredgion and so on and you can save up for 2x 65 eternal AP sets (you can upgrade them to mythical in the next patch).
      This set won't break if you fail an enchantment and it's fast to farm. (You can buy it in Kaisinel 's Academy)

Manastone socketing:
      Similar to the PVE gear.
      1 set with fully socketed attack +5 / crit strike +8
      1 set with 2 parts: Critical strike +17 / Accuracy +13 and 3 parts: Accuracy +31 or Accuracy +33 (for if you meet block clerics)
      When you become rich and high levelled, you will have to buy 75 AP gear in the end and use composites as well as new manastones. But that is all very expensive and something you shouldn't think about as of yet.

WEAPONS:

(Level 70) +10 Rune Hero Polearm fused with (level 70) Crucible polearm
      or
      (Level 71) +10 to +15 <Polearm of the Frost Insignia> fused with (level 70) Crucible polearm
      You may want to get multiple in the end. (A weapon with silence godstone and a weapon with a blind godstone to use against physical classes)
      (Level 71) +10 "frost" bow fused with (Level 70) Crucible bow with a stun godstone on it, you will use this when you fight someone that is trying to run away OR if you are rooted and can't get out of the root.

ACCESSORIES:
      Rune Warrior's Holy Opal set at first, then start saving up for Lv. 75 and make them +5 before soulbinding.
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stigmas (just my suggestion)
      PvE: I prefer to go fullout AOE
      • Whirling Strike
      • Exhausting Wave/Revival Wave
      • Severe Precision Cut
      • Earhquake Wave
      • Lockdown
      • Draining Blow
      • (Unlocks vision: Mangling Cyclone)
      PvP:
      • Whirling Strike
      • Exhausting Wave/Revival Wave
      • Severe Precision Cut (In 1v1 arena swap for "Sure Strike")
      • Earhquake Wave (in 1v1 arena swap for "Cripling blow" or ankle snare"
      • Lockdown
      • Magic Defence
      • (Unlocks vision: Mangling Cyclone if you don't use "Sure Strike")
    • Whirling Strike
      Sure Strike
      Sharp Strike / Tendon Slice
      Magic Defence
      Ankle Snare
      Crippling Cut / Draining Blow

That's what I would use in my gladi. I wouldn't go for Severe Precision cut it makes you less mobile in pvp and you want to keep up a good flow of forward movement and weaves to maximize your damage. And pls don't use earthquake wave, not even in PvE, rather use Siege breaker, low CD, mobility assured, fast animation xD

Also, until you get a Bygone Polearm, do yourself a favor and buy a Enhanced Catalium Polearm. Thx to events those are in boxes and cost around 250-300mill on my server. Even tho it's only 65 and has way less base attack than idk any 66+ weapon, it will give you a better feeling of playing gladiator thx to additional range (extendable weapon) and less "you are too far from the target" messages.
    • t0re wrote:

Senpai wrote:

Earhquake Wave
      Call out to all glads DO NOT USE THAT STIGMA PLEASE it overwrites all kinds of slows and it slows nothing. in group pvp or pve u mess up with others with it
      As I said it's just my suggestion. It works for me hence why I suggest it. It's true that they aren't mobile stigmas, but as a gladiator in most group PvP situations, outputting more damage to all targets nearby for a second of standing seems to be a good trade off.
      Just in a random duel I did last night it helped me. Silenced a target after getting rooted, used earthquake move and then GHP came off CD and the distance between the target and me was 0 almost immediatly again.

As for PvE, I don't know any situations where a gladiator is allowed to AoE but is somehow not allowed to overwrite someone's root/slows.
    • Instant example fear shriek + blade of earth > glad makes earthquake GG feared people or mobs go on the other side of the map
      During pvp i spam blade of earth as much as possible, since clerics cant instant dispell all and it takes 1-3 sec to dispel it , in some cases even dmg from enemy melees gets reduced a lot (resulting in saving your allied member that's being focused). In High grade people that actually know how not to waste are using aoes and therefore need to keep the mbos aroudn gladiators(doesnt matter if he know how to play or not) and with that help the slow if glad instantly overwrites slows dmg get lost and so on. Earthquake doesnt do much dmg anyway the dmg that is lost due to it in some cases is much greater than the one done by the skill itself.
      In 1v1 it may be nice to have it (i personally dont like it but thats personal preference) but in group pvp/pve it surely is not proper skill. Many ppl doesnt know what i just said about how the slow of that skill work and main reason for still using the skill is that. Otherwise i highly doubt ppl in general will be using it.

U have no idea how many times gladiators have killed my groups with earthquake on pve in all kinds of instances (as i am SM and often use FS+Blade of earth combo for what i call "master CC")

As for what u said

Senpai wrote:

outputting more damage to all targets nearby for a second of standing seems to be a good trade off
      If this was true DPS clerics would've been the ultimate class for group pvp. On the contrary they're the worst.

PS. dont get me wrong i dont wanna go in any kind of conflict. Just explaining why earthquake is bad idea.
    • t0re wrote:

Senpai wrote:

outputting more damage to all targets nearby for a second of standing seems to be a good trade off
      If this was true DPS clerics would've been the ultimate class for group pvp. On the contrary they're the worst.
      PS. dont get me wrong i dont wanna go in any kind of conflict. Just explaining why earthquake is bad idea.

I don't get the "If this was true DPS clerics would've been the ultimate class for group pvp" clerics don't have a damage-AoE that costs them a second due to an animation that makes you stand still.

I didn't think you'd want to go in any kind of conflict ._.
    • What i mean was preventing mobility of ppl > dpsing them (ofc there needs to be some balance) usually just raw dps helps no1 coz in the end if u are not outgearing others u wont be wiping the enemies. (Here was a bit misunderstanding i tought u meant about enemy not moving , while u was writing it for the ground binding animation (which btw can be minimised by slideshoting it)

as for my last sentence i just wanted to make sure :P