Scamming ( Aion Shop or untradable VR apes/serum )

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Scamming ( Aion Shop or untradable VR apes/serum )

I got scammed twice last month, and we need to find a solution for this because it's disappointing to work 1-2 weeks or more for something ( "yay, i can finnaly aford that" ) and then get slapped in the face when someone take ur money and disconnects. :cursing:

1. People on EU tend to be greedier then other servers because of the system, so please implement a trade message like "Player X wants to gift you [Storm Kirrin] - [Mount] - [499 Aion Coins]. Do you want to accept it or gift him something in return?" After that 10 boxes for items and one line for kinah ( like in the usuall private trades ) with double verification 1st Ok for "i agree with the trade" 2nd Ok for "confirmation" ( like the private trade ).

2. Also we need something for the untradable VR serums and apes because if you want to upgrade your bygone from 12 to 15 this way, you can say bye-bye to that item. The sugestion here is to be able to upgrade items in a separate menu and actually see if they fail or not. Before the trade, the seller changes the settings of the trade ( price for fail, price if succeded ) and every time he use a holy serum or an all powerfull enchantment stone, at the END of the enchanting, they automaticaly get the kinah you agreed with at the begining at the trade ( "Ok" = yes, i agree with the prices set by the seller ). Also, at any moment of the trade, if you or the seller move your characters the trade gets canceled.

Or just make every apes and serum in the game tradable from now on. But i dont think Gameforge wants this. :D

Lots of love,
      Enigmae-
      Antriksha

:like:
    • If you report the scammer and GF can confirm you were indeed scammed, your belongings will be returned to you (unless they are already lost in the market flow, aka the scammer already used whatever he or she took from you) and the scammer will be banned. Punishment can extend to permanent account termination.
    • Hello guys,

as good as the suggestion may be, please remember that reports are not allowed on this forum. If you experience any issues, report the involved player directly to Support and appropriate measures will be taken.
      I would also like you to know that if this thread escalates, it will be closed.

Best regards,
      Vaire
    • There is many scammers.. and its not like when they sell AC or VR rewards.. for expample shugo tokens.. people love to scam with 1 token for price of 50 tokens which is disgusting .. and yea i must admit that people who gonna buy it should look carefully what they are buying but u dont expect such thing happen...

Happened to me that week, the guy was selling like 4x 50 tokens and others 2-3 were just 1 tokens.. I didnt checked carefully .. so i bought that with 1 token .. like.. my kinah were *puff* in second... ye i am retarded that i couldnt check it more but happens... would love if GF punish such behaviour...
    • crispatu for that reason there are lot of ppl who sell(enchant w/e) while showing on stream or teamviewer so ucan see if it rly gets enchanted or not. Just dont buy anything from any1 that cant prove to u he wont scam u(especially some returning users or some low lvl total unkwowns), burned myself few times, wont do it again. Its just ridicilous
    • The best way not to get scammed is to use your brain. Most people scam when or because they have an opportunity to do. All you need to do is take that opportunity away.

There are many ways to accomplish this, but here's an example of what I would do if buying from someone I didn't trust...

Let's assume you're "person A" and the seller is "person B".

Step 1

A exchanges their item with B's collateral (money or items equivalent to the value of A's item) in one trade. A needs to make sure the collateral actually reflects the value of A's item. If B refuses or is unable to provide collateral, A simply thanks them for their time and looks for someone else.

If A scams at this point, B is left with A's item to replace the loss of collateral.
      If B scams at this point, A is left with the collateral to replace the loss of the item.

Step 2

B provides whatever service was requested on A's item. B returns A's upgraded item in exchange for the collateral + aggreed-upon payment, again in one trade. At this point A should use a streaming service to confirm B provided the upgrades.

If A scams at this point, B is left with the upgraded item, worth alteast the value of the aggreed-upon payment + the collateral.
      If B scams at this point, A is left with the collateral to replace the loss of the item.

And everyone lived happily ever after...
      How players see consumable Item priorities, live poll.

Shameless plug PVE improvement suggestions. :ashy:
    • Instead of blaming the player, why not solve many problems with one simple solution?

-t0re, i dont see so "many" people streaming, especially when i need. people either keep them for themselfs or closed friends/legion. and even then, when i asked my friends the answer is "i will sell them later" ( 1 month, 2 months ... or more || )

-desperation, poor people dont usually have 4b in the inventory ;(

-trubbish, your suggestion is not valid. people are not ready to risk their items even tho the value is the same. tell me honest, would you do it? also, same as desperation, NORMAL players dont usually have more then 1b in the inventory

My suggestion will reduce the risk for both the player and the seller to 0%. No more mistakes in aion shop ( because you check the item you gonna get ), no more tickets to support to change item or complain about being scammed, no more actual scams for either sides, no more tracing the kinah or item from player to player, no more headaches, no more bullshit. I'm not a genius but i dont think this would take years to implement.

:cookieshugo:
    • [NICK]crispatu wrote:

-trubbish, your suggestion is not valid. people are not ready to risk their items even tho the value is the same. tell me honest, would you do it? also, same as desperation, NORMAL players dont usually have more then 1b in the inventory
      It's literally exactly what I did when I was looking to buy something and didn't know the seller well enough to "trust" them.

Also 1b wat o.o?
      How players see consumable Item priorities, live poll.

Shameless plug PVE improvement suggestions. :ashy:
    • In my opinion if they see in the sistem that you was scammed they have to give you back what you lost because they can ! The gameforce don't lose nothing if someone receive back one feather or one item back .is ok to investigate but normally is to give back what you lost and the other to just ban him for 1-2 month (first time ) (second time) permanent but this will not happen . You lost it ? We are sorry for you but we can't do nothing , feel free to send again mail when you need
    • I don't think that if you trade you get your money/items back. Scamming is against the rules so report the person with evidence and get him banned. But don't know about getting your stuff back.
      Tip for gladiators: Do the Arkhal instance alone. You will get massive exp (Wont be able to kill boss) During 400% exp event: Level 74.25 -> Level 75 with 19 arkhal scrolls and 3 entries from weekly reset. (1 Arkhal gives 3.5% exp 74-75 and costs 49 aion coins / Kumuki gives 1.7% 74-75 and costs 59 aion coins.)
    • A few years ago I intentionally got scammed by someone to show to Gameforge about the scam (it involved Gold Packs), I recorded the whole thing and reported it. I didn't get my items back but the player's account was probably banned.

The response was that "Because nobody forced you to trade the item, we can not give it back." They didn't tell me the reason for that but I assume that it is to prevent the server from being flooded with a certain item. Lets say there is a +25 Bygone weapon that got scammed (Probably none of those are in the game), and Gameforge returned the item + the scammer already sold it to someone else, now there are 2 of those in the game. So I think the policy of returning items only happens if the returned item was destroyed before. (I think)
      Tip for gladiators: Do the Arkhal instance alone. You will get massive exp (Wont be able to kill boss) During 400% exp event: Level 74.25 -> Level 75 with 19 arkhal scrolls and 3 entries from weekly reset. (1 Arkhal gives 3.5% exp 74-75 and costs 49 aion coins / Kumuki gives 1.7% 74-75 and costs 59 aion coins.)
    • divine they actually delete the initial item from whoever posses it atm doesnt matter if he acquired it in the proper way by bying it with kinah etc

edit nvm that was for when u get hacked etc :|

The post was edited 1 time, last by t0re ().

• Enigmae wrote:

I got scammed twice last month, and we need to find a solution for this because it's disappointing to work 1-2 weeks or more for something ( "yay, i can finnaly aford that" ) and then get slapped in the face when someone take ur money and disconnects. :cursing:

1. People on EU tend to be greedier then other servers because of the system, so please implement a trade message like "Player X wants to gift you [Storm Kirrin] - [Mount] - [499 Aion Coins]. Do you want to accept it or gift him something in return?" After that 10 boxes for items and one line for kinah ( like in the usuall private trades ) with double verification 1st Ok for "i agree with the trade" 2nd Ok for "confirmation" ( like the private trade ).

2. Also we need something for the untradable VR serums and apes because if you want to upgrade your bygone from 12 to 15 this way, you can say bye-bye to that item. The sugestion here is to be able to upgrade items in a separate menu and actually see if they fail or not. Before the trade, the seller changes the settings of the trade ( price for fail, price if succeded ) and every time he use a holy serum or an all powerfull enchantment stone, at the END of the enchanting, they automaticaly get the kinah you agreed with at the begining at the trade ( "Ok" = yes, i agree with the prices set by the seller ). Also, at any moment of the trade, if you or the seller move your characters the trade gets canceled.

Or just make every apes and serum in the game tradable from now on. But i dont think Gameforge wants this. :D

Lots of love,
      Enigmae-
      Antriksha

:like:
      The only solution to solve the gifting problem is for GF to implement an Aion Coin Exchange into the game.
      Basically you take your Aion coins from the website and load them into the game, you set the price and then players purchase 1, 5,10, however many you want at any time for the price. (plenty of other MMOs use this, i.e star trek online and Zen Store). This actually also helps regulate what Aion coins are worth in kinah and also allows players to buy Store items without having to risk someone gifting...It also means players will put more r/l cash into the game.