Make key patch features of Skill Boost and Recommended Level Reduction avaliable to everyone (Skill Enhancement Scroll & Magic Stone of Level Reduction)

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Make key patch features of Skill Boost and Recommended Level Reduction avaliable to everyone (Skill Enhancement Scroll & Magic Stone of Level Reduction)

      Which solution would you prefer? (Please skim thru post before voting) 19
      1.  
        Consistent mechanics to obtain Skill Enchancement Scroll and Magic Stone of Level Reduction ingame in sufficient quantity for them to reach a price range of 5kk Kinah and 40kk Kinah respectively (12) 63%
      2.  
        Permanently add Skill Enchancement Scroll at 4 AionCoins and Magic Stone of Level Reduction at 39 AionCoins a piece to the Item-Store (7) 37%
      The fifth Aion expansion brought serveral exciting new game mechanics, among them The Skill-Boost (select items provide a boost to the level of skills from avaliable pool) and Recommended Level Reduction (item reaches full stats at lower level difference between item and player level) features. To manipulate these mechanics, two new items have been added to the game - Skill Enhancement Scrolls (to randomly reassign skillboost for item from avaliable pool) and Magic Stone of Level Reduction (random chance to reduce recommended item level). Unfortunately, due to limited supply, huge demand and expensive pricing these items have remained out of reach for most players ever since their introduction. But without realistic access to these items, players are unable to progress ingame properly. Physical classes in particular suffer greatly from level based stat reduction.




      Skill Enhancement Scroll

      The current prices of Skill Enhancement Scroll, atleast for Deyla asmodian side, gravitate around 30 Million Kinah per item. Please note that at the time of me writing this thread there was an ongoing event of Shugo Game, which featured Skill Enhancement Scroll as one of the possible rewards, increasing the ingame supply temporaritly. Once the event ends, the prices will inevitably go up. In my oppinion such prices are completely outrageous for an item that was intended to be a bulk consumable sporting one of the fifth- Expansion's key features - item Skill-Boost. I believe that steps should be taken to manage the price of Skill Enhancement Scrolls into an affordable range of 4-5 Million Kinah to allow every player realistic access to this part of the game content.

      In the spoiler bellow (titled Supporting math) you will find accompanying calculations to support my suggestion.

      Supporting math
      Display Spoiler

      Current ingame items with Skill-Boost-Again feature:
      • Openworld series1 [5.0] - 8(9) Levels, 4 Variants, 34 Items per Variant, total of 1088 (1224*) items
      • Sky-Island Accessories [5.0] - 2(3) Levels, 2 Sets, 4 Items per Set, total of 16(24*) items
      • Lucky Accessories2 [5.1] - 5 Levels, 2 Sets, 4 Items per Set, total of 40 items
      • Apollon Accessories [5.1] - 3 Variants, 4 Items per Variant (Belt, Ring, Earring and Necklace), 4 Variants, 4 Items per Variant (Headgear), total of 28 Items
      Adding up to a total of 1172 (1316*) Items. * Total number of items including level 83 Items.
      1 Calculation features Weapons and Armor Items. Headgear Items have been omitted as they do not benefit from Skill-Boost.
      2 Accessories only obtainable from Magical Morphing - Alleph, Ved, Amel, Dalet and Zain series.

      Number of possible Skill-Boost per item for above items (all Skills have the same chances of occuring):
      • Openworld series, 7-21 Skills per item
      • Sky-Island Accessories, 6-12 Skills per item
      • Lucky Accessories, 35-42 Skills per item
      • Apollon Accessories 25-30 Skills per item
      Skill-Boost always has two stages, lesser and greater. Examples:
      • Openworld series - +1 (lesser) and +2 (greater)
      • Apollon Accesories - +2 (lesser) and +3 (greater)
      There's a 60% chance of obtaining lesser Skill-Boost and a 40% chance of obtaining greater Skill-Boost.

      Knowing that the chances of obtaining either (lesser or greater for specific skill) and specific (greater for specific skill) Skill-Boost are:
      • Openworld series, 1/7-1/21 either and 2/35-2/105 specific
      • Sky-Island Accessories, 1/6-1/12 either and 1/15-1/30 specific
      • Lucky Accessories, 1/35-1/42 either and 2/165-1/105 specific
      • Apollon Accessories, 1/25-1/30 either and 2/125-1/75 specific
      Presuming the average player will need 1/2 of rate (chances) attempts to obtain desired skillboost for their item the Average number of Skill Enhancement Scrolls required is (decimals 1-4 rounded down, 5-9 rounded up):
      • Openworld series, 4-10 scrolls to obtain either and 9-26 scrolls to obtain specific boost.
      • Sky-Island Accessories, 3-6 scrolls to obtain either and 8-15 scrolls to obtain specific boost
      • Lucky Accessories, 18-21 scrolls to obtain either and 41-53 scrolls to obtain specific boost
      • Apollon Accessories, 13-15 scrolls to obtain either and 31-38 scrolls to obtain specific boost
      Given those calculations that would make the cost of obtaining a specific Skill-Boost for 1 Item at 4 million Kinah and 30 million Kinah per Skill Enchancement Scroll (from this point on M is used to shorten Million):
      • Openworld series, 36-104M Kinah (at 4M Kinah per scroll) and 270-780M kinah (at 30M Kinah per scroll)
      • Sky-Island Accessories, 32-60M Kinah (at 4M Kinah per scroll) and 240-450M Kinah (at 30M Kinah per scroll)
      • Lucky Accessories, 164-212M Kinah (at 4M Kinah per scroll) and 1230-1590M Kinah at (30M Kinah per scroll)
      • Apollon Accessories, 124-144M Kinah (at 4M Kinah per scroll) and 930-1140M Kinah at (30M Kinah per scroll)
      End of math.


      Magic Stone of Level Reduction

      The current prices of Magic Stone of Level Reduction, atleast for Deyla asmodian side, gravitate around 150 Million Kinah per item. Please note that at the time of me writing this thread there was an ongoing event of Shugo Game, which featured Magic Stone of Level Reduction as one of the possible rewards, temporarily increasing the avaliable ingame supply. Once the event ends, the prices will inevitably go up. As with Skill Enhancement Scroll it is my oppinion the prices of Magic Stone of Level Reduction are outrageous for that kind of consumable item, altho these were intended to have higher rarity (compared to Skill Enhancement Scroll). I believe steps should be taken to manage the price of Magic Stone of Level Reduction into a price range of around 40 Million Kinah to allow the majority of players realistic access to this game feature.

      Sadly I do not have sufficient information to "do the math" on Magic Stone of Level Reduction, but I can provide an "educated guess" based on information I have collected so far.

      From player testimonies collected from our own, Aion NA and Korean forums it is claimed to have taken anywhere from 4 to 27 or more, but mostly between 15 and 17 Magic Stones of Level Reduction to reduce the recommended level of an Item from 0/5 to 5/5, implying an average of 15.

      I do not know whether the rate of success varies dependant on the current recommended level reduction of the item.

      Feel free to share and discuss your own results bellow.

      The post was edited 8 times, last by Trubbish ().