gear up

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hello,

I dont know the gearing system here. So how can you gear up ?

For pve: 1. random drops from mobs. 2. farm ancient coins and then buy gear. 3. some crafting (morhp) system ?

For pvp: 1. abyss points and doing arena ? 2. farm dredgion etc. ? 3. world pvp ?

But what about some instances ? I cant remember but the drop from instance bosses are rly low and bad. So how you can make progress if there is nothing for drop ?? Why are you going some old instances ? There is nothing new or what ? I think there should be way how to get gear via instances. This is easy if you have a lot of kinah you just buy the best gear at broker and thats all but the best gear you should get only for kill the hardest bosses and not from drop while you exping. This is only my opinion and i can be wrong. I didnt be any new instances but i just think how it maybe is.

Tomas
    • If you are new to the game you should try joining a legion with more experienced players that can help you with advice along the way. You should avoid taking advice from anyone who arguments their statements with "I have played this game for X amount of years" as they normally have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

Tom wrote:

For pve: 1. random drops from mobs. 2. farm ancient coins and then buy gear. 3. some crafting (morhp) system ?
      It depends on the class you are playing.

An Assasin for example would benefit the most from using a full set of openworld drop armor with offhand weapon, as 6 out of 7 of the avaliable Skillboosts are very useful.

For classes who don't have as many useful skills it comes down to a mix of gear. Once you have useful Skillboosts covered, fill remaining slots with whatever (whatever has the highest stats, Rune Tribe works for the start, even old level 65 pieces are fine).

Tom wrote:

For pvp: 1. abyss points and doing arena ? 2. farm dredgion etc. ? 3. world pvp ?
      For PvP you could start out with Arena (Crucible sets) gear or go straight for AP equipment. If you're playing a DPS class you should go for Weapon(s) and Accessories first, If you're playing a support class, go for Armor first. Assuming you were interrested in endgame you should have (atleat for current patch) Praetor armor and weapon and a mix of Praetor and Hope/Glory glory accessories with useful Skillboosts. In total you will need alot of Abysspoints and Spinnel Medals to buy endgame AP gear, so you should try to participate in any and all PvP activities as much as possible.

If you are playing a physical (damage) class it is very important to enchant your gear as high as possible, prefferably to +15 to gain additional Attack. On a physical class you can get away with socketing regular manastones, just make sure you reach Critstrike cap (1400) with a Chanter's buffs. If you are playing a magical (damage) class, ~+10 is fine, but you need to socket Knowledge manastones to get you Critspell as high as possilbe.