Pve stats

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• It was never the same, DW was stronger on single target ever since aion started (it was stonger even for pvp on 1.5)
      Difference comes from that the DW benefit from ATK/ Power stones much more than Spear due to giving less skill dmg and using spear gets a lot higher overall skill dmg while dw is mostly auto atk
    • Rin wrote:

Is there any data or tests that have been done for DW vs spear for pve? It used to be about the same and not worth the extra investment.
      Well I'm sure @Erufuun would be able to make some calculation, but in general it's been common knowledge since Tiamat's Shelter at least (3.9) where a few people started using it. Along with 4.x they stopped up to 4.8 due to a lot of instances with adds and such, but from Makarna onwards it's an open secret that DW is used by gladiators if they really wish to increase their damage.

Of course there are people who might reach a good DPS with Pole, but those get even better using DW instead on single-targets.
      Moreover there's a reason why sin is the strongest physical class or why rangers can even deal similar dmg with autohits than they'd with bow only.

The first pole gladi I found for example for Elemental Lab is this guy on rank 21:
      aionpveranks.com/index.php?sit…on_details&sessionid=5575
      What you'll find sometimes though are people who switch between weapons, for example to compensate for not having Siegebreaker in their stigma build. I doubt it's better than dw only regarding a single target, but it's still fine as well.
    • Sirkka wrote:

The first pole gladi I found for example for Elemental Lab is this guy on rank 21:
      Judging from the arm session he's using both

nvm further looking into it u are right thats 100% pole, i'd say rather impressive

The post was edited 1 time, last by t0re ().

• t0re wrote:

well i play with
      aion.mouseclic.com/tool/stigma/aGCFIKQ65
      its kinda multifunctional for mobs+ bosses + pvp

[NICK]yosefxx wrote:

I need best stigma build Aoe +DW skills
      classic DW build is this one: aion.mouseclic.com/tool/stigma/aBFGINP65
      If you need more AoEs, for example in Tower of Challenge, SWB or Kroban it's common to choose Exhausting Wave instead of Draining Sword/Whirling Strike (not much of a difference in Dmg etc, Whirling just sometimes causes issues) like that: aion.mouseclic.com/tool/stigma/aGCFINP65

At least for DW Siegebreaker is important unless you're switching much or playing less optimized. I would recommend at least to switch builds for PvE/PvP.
    • as i wrote on i dont remember where, that earthquake is only for solo, overwriting all slows w/o slowing is rly bad
      I am playing with all classes and i can tell u i am getting rlyy nervious when glad uses earthquake on the mobs we attack coz i usually slow stuff that we kite unless we go full aoe in which case most prolly slow wont matter but then again its a situational skill, not spamable on cd
    • Hey, I'm sorry for getting in with my own questions, but I feel like it unnecessary to make another thread.

I just came back to the game and began investing time and kinah into getting my glad up to standards (PvE atleast).

I came across same question, what stats I should be aiming at for pve with pole?

Right now I made +15 Holy Apollon's Pole fused with another Holy Apollon's and Socketed Power +7 and Accuracy +7 50/50. My set is full apollon's +10 with x3 pieces socketed Crit +19 and x2 pieces with Attack +5 as a placeholder untill I know what to socket really xD

Would also appriciate advice on spending CP. Right now I'm dumping them into Power and Accuracy.

Any advice is welcome. (Besides the one where you tell me that for PvE I must use DW)

P.S Stats on pic -> Combat Prep is on, no food, no scrolls, no buffs.
      Files
      • Aion0164.jpg

(97.62 kB, downloaded 36 times, last: )
    • Dual wield is sometimes usefull also in pvp.
      If spiritmaster body root you, you can switch to dual wield and autto attack him, ofc if you are close enough to him.
      Dont forget also that you can use 2x godstone cause you use 2 one handed weapons.
    • [NICK]takerr wrote:

Dual wield is sometimes usefull also in pvp.
      If spiritmaster body root you, you can switch to dual wield and autto attack him, ofc if you are close enough to him.
      Dont forget also that you can use 2x godstone cause you use 2 one handed weapons.
      ye well that is in case u wanna rly tryhard. In that case u can as well use extendable DW to use the extra range ;D
    • Ashurrr wrote:

P.S Stats on pic -> Combat Prep is on, no food, no scrolls, no buffs.
      If you buff up and get a chanter you have around 1700 crit. What for if even Narakkalli is capped to 1400?! Especially regarding that you're not even close to 75 yet. I'd aim for 1320 crit buffed for now without chanter in PvE.

Ashurrr wrote:

I came across same question, what stats I should be aiming at for pve with pole?
      Let's say it's easily possible to aim for 2000 Atk just like that...

Ashurrr wrote:

(Besides the one where you tell me that for PvE I must use DW)
      ... but you'll still deal less damage than a proper DW gladi :thumbup:

Ashurrr wrote:

Would also appriciate advice on spending CP. Right now I'm dumping them into Power and Accuracy.
      Power is always fine to max, Accuracy as much as needed, rest in stuff like PvE-Atk, common/useful skills (Piercing Rupture, Repeated Body Smash and on Pole probably Fury Absorption + Chain for example). Then there's PvE atk and if necessary PvE def (mostly not) and on Pole I go for the first three HD skills too if they seem useful regarding the situation. Daevic Fury should be avoided in PvE though (waste of CP), even if you can't use it anyway with 72 for now.
    • hello

@ Ashurrr

usually in pve (when i say pve i mean boss not mobs) glads like sins aim to the 1400 crit strike the rest is full attack (power +8 let's say :P )
      so you should be at 1281 crit strike without scroll even a bit less

when you are in a group without chanter you put your cp to obtain your crit cap, if a chanter is there than you put full power.

i won't advise to use crit strike foot in most actual high end instances as you will need elemental protection food and they all come with attack only

on the other hand i hat a friend allergic to DW with 300 more attack than you but he never matched other glads in DW.

boss wise you need to DW or your dps wont follow.

on stigma build i'll go fo the Sirkka 's build aion.mouseclic.com/tool/stigma/aBFGINP65 and like sins you wave every skill than switch to polearm if needed (out of skills, adds, ....)
    • HardToPlayBard wrote:

Does anyone know how much MB is needed to cap all the mobs in TOC (grendal included)?
      aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/NPC:247245 That's not the topic for it, but 3.550 MB are needed (and about 800 critspell? Not sure here). And no more than 1300 crit for physical classes such as gladiator, dunno the exact cap though.

t0re wrote:

but then again its a situational skill
      I hardly ever face situations in group pve though where slowing mobs (and eventually kiting them) might be necessary though xD Therefore it's for me just an additional (weak) aoe skill mainly and some filler for the dw rota. Reminds me that I first used the SM slow Aoe again when I started doing ToC, but that's solo content...

PapaSchultz wrote:

i won't advise to use crit strike foot in most actual high end instances as you will need elemental protection food and they all come with attack only

on the other hand i hat a friend allergic to DW with 300 more attack than you but he never matched other glads in DW.
      I doubt that elemental food is still this important nowadays. People - at least on DE servers - don't use scrolls anymore either except for PvP and they do everything as well except for parts of MoK and Narakkalli HM. Personally I prefer not using too many Accuracy manastones either (currently I have one and that's fine for me - but it can indeed depend on the weapon/level and class ofc).
      Some days ago I used my Pole in Kroban for fun and it wasn't that much of a great result with ~2000 Atk compared to my ~1500 from DW.
      Surely I happened to meet some good pole gladiators along the way, some were even more amazing using DW, some remain average up to 'good' since they refuse to use DW. Not like anyone can force them, but I'm glad that nowadays knowledge like "DW is good for gladiators" or "Sorcerers should use Freezing Wind" are spread to improve things a bit in the end and that's my policy as well.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sirkka ().