Tower of Challenge nerf - do you want people to quit ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• It's a tradegy. These people should be fired. I've never seen so incompetent people leading this project.
      For every specific question they answered that they are not sure and have to check. And if something not exist here it should in 5.8 patch. WTF!?!?!?!
      Example - the new godstones. They are part of 5.6 overe the rest regions. BUT. They are not sure will we have these today. They will have to check it...
      That's intop of nerfed ToC instance, nerfed Luna and etc...
    • As I understood it:

Yes we nerfed the Tower of challenge rewards, to keep the balance between items farmed ingame and items bought in aion shop. They will monitor this balance and if they feel like some changes need to be made (enough people buy supplements and manastones in shop) they will add some, probably not all the rewards to tower of challenge (as in random +8 manastone bundle and 20-30 Mighty supplements).

Also if we keep complaining they will probably add some Mighty supplements and manastones as part of Daeva Care #0815 to look good and earn credits from the 20-30 people left that are still playing this game...

Gameforge 2017 ~ how to ruin the game and make many player quit while opening 4 new server that nobody cares about.
      Part of my gear

I'm a good player. I play Bard. :alol:
    • Well here's my take on the matter...

Changes in Tower of Challenge rewards between the Korean and Europen versions:

Korean versionEU version @GameforgeComments
      ManastonesNoble +7 Manastone Bundle
      Noble +8 Manastone Bundle
      (both bundles allow the player to select a specific type of Manastone)
      Prigga Legion's +7 Manastone Bundle
      (random +7 Manastone)
      The Korean Manastone reward does seem a bit felicitous considering the instance itself is not that difficult but replacing the selectable bundle with the random one is (in my oppinion) taking things too far.

Maybe only 1 Bundle is the right way to go here but it should be selectable.
      GodstonesTower Noble Illusion Godstone Bundle
      (new eternal godstones with increased activation chances - Silence, Paralyse and Blind only)
      Tower Godstone Bundle
      (old fabled Illusion godstones, pool contains damage and "useless" ones also)
      Prevents skilled and geared players from farming a bunch at the start and making insane profits but at the same time keeps insanely powerful and (in my personal oppinion) "imbalanced" Godstones out of the game for a while longer, or atleast makes them that much harder to obatain.

This change should be kept.
      Supplements175 Mythical Supplements (Large)Absolutely nothingThere really is no logical way to justify this decision but I guess they are just so greedy that they do not want players to enchant their gear to +15 at the rate of 1-3 Enchantments a week, provided the player would be able to complete all 3 runs (they will probably say something corny like "we are only doing this to force players to use Kinah to enchant rather than Supplement to help fight inflation and in doing so create a more healthy economy - because we care about you guys").

Supplement reward should be reverted back to how it is in the Korean version, if not even increased to 250 or so.
      Kinah35.600.00017.800.000Barely noticeable change, as openworld items will now sell to NPC merchants at a "dramatically increased" price.

This change is fine.
      How players see consumable Item priorities, live poll.

Shameless plug PVE improvement suggestions. :ashy:

The post was edited 3 times, last by Trubbish ().

• it was quite funny when they said they open new servers to activate old players, because they want crowded servers. ahahahaha

back on topic - changing the money rewarded by toc is dumb move, because as far as i remember, there is a weekly limit for items being sold on vendor.it was implemented as a way to fight goldsellers back in the day. if i am not wrong it was around 100kk quinah. so dear GF, shove your expensive drops up your .... unless you somehow gave it a thought and removed that limit. if so - shove it up your..... just for the fun of it...
      Living is easy.. with eyes closed.
    • Trubbish wrote:

Well here's my take on the matter...

Changes in Tower of Challenge rewards between the Korean and Europen versions:

Korean versionEU version @GameforgeComments
      ManastonesNoble +7 Manastone BundleNoble +8 Manastone Bundle
      (both bundles allow the player to select a specific type of Manastone)
      Prigga Legion's +7 Manastone Bundle(random +7 Manastone)
      The Korean Manastone reward does seem a bit felicitous considering the instance itself is not that difficult but replacing the selectable bundle with the random one is (in my oppinion) taking things too far.
      Maybe only 1 Bundle is the right way to go here but it should be selectable.
      GodstonesTower Noble Illusion Godstone Bundle(new eternal godstones with increased activation chances - Silence, Paralyse and Blind only)
      Tower Godstone Bundle(old fabled Illusion godstones, pool contains damage and "useless" ones also)
      Prevents skilled and geared players from farming a bunch at the start and making insane profits but at the same time keeps insanely powerful and (in my personal oppinion) "imbalanced" Godstones out of the game for a while longer, or atleast makes them that much harder to obatain.
      This change should be kept.
      Supplements175 Mythical Supplements (Large)Absolutely nothingThere really is no logical way to justify this decision but I guess they are just so greedy that they do not want players to enchant their gear to +15 at the rate of 1-3 Enchantments a week, provided the player would be able to complete all 3 runs (they will probably say something corny like "we are only doing this to force players to use Kinah to enchant rather than Supplement to help fight inflation and in doing so create a more healthy economy - because we care about you guys").
      Supplement reward should be reverted back to how it is in the Korean version, if not even increased to 250 or so.
      Kinah35.600.00017.800.000Barely noticeable change, as openworld items will now sell to NPC merchants at a "dramatically increased" price.
      This change is fine.

Its 1 run per week

3 tries on SAME RUN

ONE SINGLE RUN PER WEEK

Get your facts straight
    • I have important question , what is the actual responsibility of a GF CM, and mostly product director, and i dont mean general stuff but precisely what are they doing? (damn should've ask that on the q&a)
    • they would never answer this you know. because they do not know what they are supposed to do, out of the top of their heads. but that is super cool.
      Living is easy.. with eyes closed.
    • maximos31 wrote:

Its 1 run per week

3 tries on SAME RUN

ONE SINGLE RUN PER WEEK

Get your facts straight
      Wait did they change max entries too :atongue: ?

AionPB wrote:

• Entries: 3 times a week (Resets every Wednesday at 9:00)
      • Non-GP users can enter the instance 2 times a week

The way I understood that is you can either run 3 times or if you die (fail) and get booted out, you would be able to reenter and continue from the highest floor you've completed thus far.
      How players see consumable Item priorities, live poll.

Shameless plug PVE improvement suggestions. :ashy:
    • yes its like this but in that way u cant aquire 1 reward multiple times - its 3 times for the same instance (aka only 1 time 1-40)
      pretty much same thing they did with the tower on "lineage 2 revolution" mobile version game
    • on the patch notes is clearly stated that you can try 3 times but if you finish the tower up to lvl 40 you can only play again that lvl and need to wait the reset to start over again.

so yea you can make 3 runs but only one from the ground level